Victory Tour intro - MJ as King Arthur

MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
edited July 2012 in His Music & (Short) Films
MichaelJackson-KinqArthur.jpg<br /><br />Ro Baker’s Man, thank you for posting the LINK to the video of the intro to MJ’s Victory Tour. MJ clearly saw himself as a King Arthur type.  And the paintings he commissioned verified this. Thank you for sharing this on the other thread though it was all getting waaay off topic. <br /><br />And this video was uploaded yesterday.<br /><br />
<br /><br />Here’s a less than kind long article written by The Daily Beast on July 15, 1984. So 28 years ago today!<br /><br />
In Kansas City, first stop on the tour that now goes to Texas Stadium outside Dallas (July 13-15), the Gator Bowl in Jacksonville, Fla. (July 21-23), and Madison Square Garden in New York (Aug. 2-5), Michael presided over one of the gaudiest, most grandiose spectacles in the history of pop music. The show opened with a curious costume pageant involving large, lumbering pastel-colored Muppet-like monsters, a magically glowing sword, and a visored knight in shining armor—King Arthur meets Luke Skywalker. (The knight was Michael, of course.) There were lasers, strobe lights and smoke bombs. There was a spidery mechanical gizmo that nearly ate Michael. (He escaped.) There was magic, illusion, and fireworks—flares and explosives onstage during the show and in the sky overhead to end it.<br />1984 Michael Jackson Tour - Newsweek and The Daily Beast
<br /><br />These are the other posts on King Arthur and MJ  on the previous page to this link,  The Elephant Man- movie challenge, and David Lynch. <br /><br />Ro Baker's . Man here:<br />The Elephant Man- movie challenge, and David Lynch  <br /><br />And by SimpattyK here:<br />The Elephant Man- movie challenge, and David Lynch<br />

Comments

• SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    Thank you for splitting this off. Let's see if this topic can stay on topic now and not turn into a thread where people will try to connect every movie and celebrity to Michael. <br /><br />So just for the record: This thread is officially about King Arthur and MJ. I suggest researching this thread connects those two without bringing up the Olympics AGAIN or movies and series that have illuminati symbolism in them, because there are thousands. Believe me, I have looked.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    Thanks Souza, I know sometimes it's so easy to go off on side trails, because I forgot who said that Michael Jackson was an 'Institution', so literally so much is touched in some way by his life.