Morphine.

AndBAMHeIsAliveAndBAMHeIsAlive Posts: 3
edited January 1970 in References & Similarities
I'm going to start with a fact: Morphine is so hard to interpret!<br /><br />I have seen so many theories about the song, but I can't, for the life of me, decide which one fits! The theory I have seen the most is that the song is directed to Lisa-Marie. What if it was actually directed at her father? The king of Rock 'n' Roll?  :elvis-1405: <br /><br />Like Lisa has said: The similarities between her fathers 'death' and Michael's 'death' where uncanny. But listening to Morphine, it sort of describes Elvis:<br />
"He got flat baby<br />Kick in the back baby<br />A heart attack baby"
<br /><br />'Flat' = Heartbeat monitor flat-line<br />'Kick in the back' = Elvis was supposedly given morphine to stop his back pain whilst touring<br />'A heart attack' = Self explanatory really<br /><br />It would also make sense to why he uses 'daddy' repeatedly throughout the song. <br /><br />
Is truth a game daddy<br />To win the fame baby<br />It's all the same baby
<br /><br />'Is truth a game?' = People messing around the truth of what actually happened to Michael and Elvis/It's hard to find the truth within all the lies <br />'Daddy' = Elvis was Lisa's dad (duh!)<br />'Win the fame' = Lisa got fame because of Elvis and Michael/Obviously, Michael and Elvis both got a little more publicity when they died/The use of the word 'win', portrays that the fame is a good thing when, clearly, it isn't <br />'All the same' = Elvis and Michael both had similarities of how they 'died', and many newspapers and even Lisa said they 'died' the same way.<br /><br />Maybe Morphine has NOTHING to do with predicting Michaels death, just talking about Lisa and Elvis. Elvis also claimed he "needed drugs to maintain his energy on-stage and then drugs to sleep after his performances." Sound similar? Also, weirdly, this song reminds me of 'Trust In Me' from the Jungle Book:<br /><br />
Trust in me, just in me<br />Close your eyes and trust in me<br />You can sleep safe and sound<br />Knowing I am around<br /><br />Slip into silent slumber<br />Sail on a silver mist<br />Slowly and surely your senses<br />Will cease to resist<br /><br />Trust in me, just in me<br />Close your eyes and trust in me<br /><br />Trust in me, just in me<br />Close your eyes and trust in me<br /><br />Slip into silent slumber<br />Sail on a silver mist<br />Slowly and surely your senses<br />Will cease to resist<br /><br />Trust in me, just in me<br />Close your eyes and trust in me
<br /><br />And we all know how much Michael LOVED Disney! The song is sung by a snake, which could represent all the snakes in Michael's life.<br /><br />What do you think? An Elvis connection or a Disney connection? Maybe both? :moonwalk_:

Comments

• Hello,<br /><br />it never crossed my mind that this Song is about Elvis. In my opinion this Song talks about a 3-way relationship (himself, Debbie and Baby-<br />whoever she may be) and the desperate fight against addiction.<br /><br />Morphine<br />He got flat Baby.<br />kick him in the back, baby<br />a heart attack baby<br />I need your body<br /><br />Er wird flach baby.<br />Tret ihm in den Rücken Baby<br />Ein Herzinfarkt Baby<br />Ich brauche deinen Körper<br /><br />A hot kiss, honey<br />he is such a bitch, baby<br />you make me sick, baby<br />so unbelievable<br /><br />Ein heißer Kuss, Süße<br />Er ist solch ein Miststück, Baby<br />Du machst mich krank, Baby<br />so unglaubwürdig.<br /><br />I'm such a swine, baby<br />all down the line, Debb<br />I hate your kind, baby<br />so unbelievable<br /><br />Ich bin solch ein Schwein, Baby<br />auf ganzer Linie, Debb<br />Ich hasse Deine Art, Baby<br />so unglaubwürdig.<br /><br />A hot buzz, baby<br />he is one of us, baby<br />another Drug, baby<br />you so desire.<br /><br />Ein heißer Rausch, Baby<br />Er ist einer von uns, Baby<br />Eine andere Droge, Baby<br />die du so begehrst.<br /><br />Trust in me, Trust in me<br />Put all your Trust in me<br />You're doing Morphine<br /><br />Vertrauen in mich, Vertrauen in mich<br />Setz all dein Vertrauen in mich.<br />Du nimmst Morphine.<br /><br /><br />You heart what the Doctor said...<br />Du hörst was der Doctor sagte...<br /><br />They got a Place, Baby<br />kick him in the Face, Baby<br />he hate your Race, Baby<br />you are not a Liar.<br /><br />Sie bekamen einen Platz, Baby<br />Tret ihm ins Gesicht, Baby<br />Er haßt Deine Rasse, Baby<br />Du bist keine Lügnerin<br /><br />You every lick, Baby<br />your dog is a bitch, baby<br />you make me sick, baby<br />your soul survive<br /><br />Du leckst jeden, Baby<br />Dein Hund ist ein Miststück, Baby<br />Du machst mich krank, Baby<br />Deine Seele überlebt.<br /><br />She was never cut from me<br />She was never cut, baby<br />I got to work, baby<br />you are just a rival<br /><br />Sie war nie getrennt von mir<br />Sie war nie getrennt, Baby<br />Ich hatte zu arbeiten.<br />Du bist nur eine Rivalin<br /><br />Is truth a game, Debbie<br />rise up and leave, debbie<br />you're throwing shade, debbie<br />so undesirable.<br /><br />Ist Wahrheit ein Spiel, Debbie<br />steh auf und geh, Debbie<br />Du wirfst Schatten, Debbie<br />so unbegehrenswert.<br /><br />Trust in me, just in me<br />Put all your Trust in me.<br />She is doing Morphine<br /><br />Vertrauen in mich, nur in mich<br />Setz all dein Vertrauen in mich<br />Sie nimmt Morphine<br /><br />Don't Baby<br />Nicht Baby<br /><br />Relax this won't hurt you<br />before I put it in, close your eyes and count to ten<br />Don't cry, I won't convert you. There is no need<br />to dismay. Close your eyes and drift away<br /><br />Entspanne, dies wird dir nicht wehtun<br />bevor ich es reindrücke, schließe deine Augen und zähl bis zehn.<br />Weine nicht, ich will dich nicht überzeugen.<br />Da ist kein Grund um zu erschrecken. <br />Schließe deine Augen und schweb davon.<br /><br />Demerol, Demerol <br />Oh God he is taking Demerol<br />Demerol, Demerol<br />O God he is taking Demerol<br /><br />He tried hard to convince her,<br />to be over what he had,<br />today he wants it twice as bad.<br />Don't cry, I won't resent you<br />just this Day you had his trust.<br />Today he is taking twice as much<br /><br />Er versuchte Sie zu überzeugen<br />das er drüber weg ist.<br />Heute möchte er zweimal soviel.<br />Weine nicht. Ich will es Dir nicht<br />übelnehmen.Nur diesen Tag hattest Du<br />sein Vertrauen. Heute nimmt er zweimal <br />soviel.<br /><br />Demerol, Demerol<br />Oh God, he is taking Demerol<br /><br />Demerol, Demerol<br />Oh Gott er nimmt Demerol<br /><br /><br />Demerol, Demerol<br />Oh my God it is Demerol<br /><br />Demerol, Demerol<br />Oh mein Gott es ist Demerol<br /><br />You are talking shit, baby<br />your dog is a bitch, baby<br />you make me sick, baby<br />you are a liar.<br /><br />Du redest Scheiße, Baby<br />Dein Hund ist ein Miststück, Baby<br />Du machst mich krank, Baby<br />Du bist eine Lügnerin.<br /><br />Is truth a Game, Debbie<br />to win the fame, baby<br />It's all the same baby.<br />you are so believable<br /><br />Ist Wahrheit ein Spiel, Debbie<br />um Ruhm zu gewinnen, Baby<br />Es ist alles das gleiche Baby<br />Du bist so glaubwürdig.<br /><br />Trust in me, Trust in me.<br />Put all your Trust in me.<br />She is doing Morphine.<br /><br />Vertrauen in mich, Vertrauen in mich<br />Setz all dein Vertrauen in mich.<br /><br />You just sit around and talking nothing<br />Your are taking Morphine<br />Go Baby<br />You just sit around and talking  about it<br />and taking Morphine<br />you just sit around and talking nothing about it<br />you're taking Morphine<br /><br />Du sitzt nur rum und sagst nichts.<br />Du nimmst Morphine<br />Geh Baby<br />Du sitzt nur rum und redest darüber<br />und nimmst Morphine<br />Du sitzt nur rum und sagst nichts darüber<br />Du nimmst Morphine.<br /><br />honey<br /><br />You just sit around and talking about it.<br />You are taking Morphine.<br />You just sit around and talking nothing<br />and taking Morphine.<br /><br />Du sitzt nur rum und redest darüber.<br />Du nimmst Morphine<br />Du sitzt nur rum und sagst nichts<br />und nimmst Morphine<br /><br />I'm so down Baby,<br />you don't get Morphine<br />Go Baby<br /><br />Ich bin so fertig, Baby<br />Du bekommst kein Morphine<br />Geh Baby<br /><br />DO IT<br />Tu/MACH ES<br /><br />He is taking Morphine<br /><br />Er nimmt Morphine<br /><br />Translation by Sweetangel<br /><br />Sinngemäße Übersetzung. Dies ist meine erste Übersetzung. Also habt Erbarmen mit mir. :icon_lol:<br /><br />Much Peace and Love to  everyone.<br />
  • :elvis-1405:  last night I watched on u tube 20/20 Heraldo revara.  Elvis was there a cover up.  So the show was from the 1970s.  The similar story was just amazing .  Step by step. Same story.  Michael is such an interesting  person.  I also think him and lisA were so in love that it burned