(CLUE??)Zac Efron and Zendaya bonded over their love of Michael Jackson while fi

trublutrublu Posts: 1,011
edited January 1970 in References & Similarities
Starting a new job is hard, so you’re always looking to make some sort of connection with your co-workers through shared similarities. It makes forming friendships that much easier, you know? So that’s what Zac Efron and Zendaya did while filming The Greatest Showman. The two formed a friendship off-screen (not to mention, also an on-screen romance) and bonded over their mutual love of the King of Pop, Michael Jackson.<br /><br />And yes, this shared similiarity made falling in love on-screen so much easier.<br /><br />Talking with HelloGiggles, the duo explained that they wanted to make the love story between their characters — ringmaster Philipp and trapeze artist Anne — special. As Zendaya puts it: “So many of the themes in it are relevant and are things that we still combat today.” <br /><br />It was easy for them to do this — and make this special — because they both love Michael Jackson, or as Efron puts it, they’re both *huge* fans.<br /><br />“He was a huge impact on both of ur lives, and we could relate over that. I think that his message of love…and finding yourself…we connected and bonded over that. I don’t know, maybe somehow he worked his magic through us,” Efron told us.<br /><br />When asked how hard or easy it was to fall in love, Zendaya joked, “It’s just what we do.” <br /><br />It’s what they do, and they do it effortlessly. If you’re ready to watch these two lovingly gaze into one another’s eyes (and maybe they’re singing MJ in their head while they do it??) The Greatest Showman hits theaters on December 20th.
<br /><br />Weren't we talking about this movie the other day? What a coincidence!  ::boss <br /><br />https://hellogiggles.com/reviews-coverage/movies/zac-efron-zendaya-michael-jackson/

Comments

• trublutrublu Posts: 1,011
    Link to soundtrack: https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLi0vNpDrBJPdGH3LoC85PgixsOq5vDUV3<br /><br />Some interesting lyrics<br /><br />
    <br />"Come Alive"<br /><br />[Hugh Jackman:]<br />You stumble through your days<br />Got your head hung low<br />Your skies are a shade of grey<br />Like a zombie in a maze<br />You're asleep inside<br />But you can shake awake<br /><br />'Cause you're just a dead man walking<br />Think of that your only option<br />But you can flip the switch and brighten up your darkest day<br />Sun is up and the color's blinding<br />Take the world and redefine it<br />Leave behind your narrow mind<br />You'll never be the same<br /><br />Come alive, come alive<br />Go and ride your light<br />Let it burn so bright<br />Reach it up<br />To the sky<br />And it's open wide<br />You're electrified<br /><br />And the world becomes a fantasy<br />And you're more than you could ever be<br />'Cause you're dreaming with your eyes wide open<br />And you know, you can't go back again<br />To the world that you were living in<br />'Cause you're dreaming with your eyes wide open<br />So, come alive<br /><br />I see it in your eyes<br />You believe that lie<br />That you need to hide your face<br />Afraid to step outside<br />So you lock the door<br />But don't you stay that way<br /><br />[Keala Settle:]<br />No more living in those shadows<br />You and me, we know how that goes<br />[Daniel Everidge:]<br />'Cause once you see it, oh you'll never, never be the same<br />[Both:]<br />We'll be the light that's shining<br />Bottle up and keep on trying<br />[All:]<br />You can prove there's more to you<br />[Hugh Jackman:]<br />You cannot be afraid<br /><br />[Ensemble:]<br />Come alive, come alive<br />Go and ride your light<br />Let it burn so bright<br />Reach it up<br />To the sky<br />And it's open wide<br />You're electrified<br /><br />And the world becomes a fantasy<br />And you're more than you could ever be<br />'Cause you're dreaming with your eyes wide open<br />And we know, we can't be go back again<br />To the world that we were living in<br />'Cause we're dreaming with our eyes wide open<br />So, come alive!<br /><br />[Ensemble, Zendaya & Hugh Jackman:]<br />Come one!<br />Come all!<br />Come in!<br />Come on!<br />To anyone who's bursting with a dream<br />Come one!<br />Come all!<br />You hear!<br />The call!<br />To anyone who's searching for a way, to break free<br /><br />[Ensemble & Hugh Jackman:]<br />And the world becomes a fantasy<br />And you're more than you could ever be<br />'Cause you're dreaming with your eyes wide open<br />And we know, we can't be go back again<br />To the world that we were living in<br />'Cause we're dreaming with our eyes wide open<br /><br />[Ensemble:]<br />And the world becomes a fantasy<br />And you're more than you could ever be<br />'Cause you're dreaming with your eyes wide open<br />And we know, we can't be go back again<br />To the world that we were living in<br />'Cause we're dreaming with our eyes wide open<br /><br />'Cause we're dreaming with our eyes wide open<br />So come alive<br />
    <br />"From Now On"<br /><br />[Hugh Jackman:]<br />I saw the sun begin to dim<br />And felt that winter wind<br />Blow cold<br />A man learns who is there for him<br />When the glitter fades and the walls won't hold<br />Cause from then, rubble<br />What remains<br />Can only be what's true<br />If all was lost<br />Is more I gain<br />Cause it led me back<br />To you<br /><br />From now on<br />These eyes will not be blinded by the light<br />From now on<br />What's waited till tomorrow starts tonight<br />Tonight<br />Let this promise in me start<br />Like an anthem in my heart<br />From now on<br />From now on<br /><br />I drank champagne with kings and queens<br />The politicians praised my name<br />But those are someone else's dreams<br />The pitfalls of the man I became<br />For years and years<br />I chased their cheers<br />The crazy speed of always needing more<br />But when I stop<br />And see you here<br />I remember who all this was for<br /><br />And from now on<br />These eyes will not be blinded by the light<br />From now on<br />What's waited till tomorrow starts tonight<br />It starts tonight<br />And let the promise in me start<br />Like an anthem in my heart<br />From now on<br />From now on<br />From now on<br /><br />[Ensemble:]<br />And we will come back home<br />And we will come back home<br />Home, again!<br />...<br /><br />[Hugh Jackman:]<br />From now on!...<br /><br />[Ensemble:]<br />From now on!...<br /><br />[Hugh Jackman:]<br />These eyes will not be blinded by the light!<br /><br />Whats waited till tomorrow starts tonight!<br />It starts tonight!<br />Let the promise in me start<br />Like an anthem in my heart<br />From now on<br />From now on<br /><br />[Ensemble:]<br />And we will come back home<br />And we will come back home<br />Home, again!<br />...<br /><br />From now on<br />From now on<br />Home, again!<br />...
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

He told this same story on Ellen too.<br /><br />Well we know he has a connection to Michael at least and he's obviously a super fan.
  • I thought i am going bonkers... as just seen a movie last night and immediately I had a feeling that it was done by MJ.. the dancing, the music... there was smth resembling MJ... plus PT Barnum -he loved it! <br />Also, Zac was on Graham Northon show and he was recalling MJ....<br /><br />
    <br /><br />Also, Michael Grecey ... interestingly enough has only recent pictures... and they all look the same.... like staged and recently taken...<br /><br /> :(