Hello

selphiemaxselphiemax Posts: 4
edited January 1970 in Introduce yourself
Hello Everyone,
I've been coming to this site for a few months now, just decided to join.
As a little girl I had stacks of 45's (anyone remember those?) of the Jackson 5 I remember watching them on TV, when I was around 5 yrs old the song Ben came out, I was very shy and didn't have many friends and I wanted a friend like Ben, begged my mom for a rat, didn't get one.
I never had any friends who were fans, especially in high school, the music was to "disco" for them, so I was mostly alone in my love for the Jacksons, Then I met my husband, on our first date I got into his truck and the only cassette tape he had in there was Thriller, I had met the man of my dreams,
So many of Michaels songs, every video I watch they all take me to a memory, he truly is the soundtrack to my life, When Michael went on trial my heart broke for him, the day the verdict came out was my birthday, my husband had taken me out for the day, as we sat in a parking lot waiting for the verdicts to be read I was so nervous, praying for Michael, my husband held my hand and told me not to worry God was on Michaels side, my husband understood and shared my love for Michael.
2yrs and 3 months later my husband went home to be with the Lord, I miss him so much, I would not wish the pain of losing a loved one on anyone, when I heard the news that Michael died I felt I had been punched in the stomach and the only person who would understand how I feel was not here, I went online and was watching every Michael video I could find, most of them took me to memories, sweet memories of my husband, Thank you Michael for the memories!
In watching all those videos I came across a Hoax video, then another, then a video mentioned this site and I have been coming here ever since, so much information here you guys have worked hard and done so much research thank you for sharing I have learned a lot.
hope I didn't ramble on to much,
Oh and when I was 12 my brother got me a hamster, guess what I named him?

Comments

• AvaMarieAvaMarie Posts: 714
    Hello welcome to the forum.
  • RKRK Posts: 3,019
    Hi Selphiemax. Welcome to the board. I'm so sorry that your husband has passed. You must miss Him terribly. I do remember 45's[ yes, I'm that old] and I had a guinea pig too when I was little but his name was Arnold. You will feel right at home here with the rest of us <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • Welcome to the family.
    Sorry to hear about your husband.
    Great to have you here.
    L.O.V.E
  • Hi there, you will find good people hear who feel as you do! I only signed up a few days ago and I have been royally blessed here! And yes, I too remember 45's. In fact I still have some and a stereo that still plays them! Imagine that.

Blessings to you "on the wings of love!"
  • 2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
    You are home now Selphiemax. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

I do understand your pain. I lost my mother when I was 15 years old. The pain in our lives, seems to be what draws us here on this forum, which I call my second home.

Many of us have been touched by Michael in someway, and I truely believe, that it's this: his love, his pain, his fears, his trial and tribulations , brought us all to this forum... In a nice way, it's like "we are not alone ". And that's what comforts me.

Maybe it's because there's issues in our lives that need to be changed too.

Now I'm the one rambling on <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

A big welcome to you......as always, with L.O.V.E xoxox
  • selphiemaxselphiemax Posts: 4
    Thank you all so much for the warm welcome!! I'm happy to be here, I can't seem to go a day without coming here to see whats new, the more I read the more I beLIEve!
  • alovesmichaelalovesmichael Posts: 903
    I'm really sorry about your husband, it must've been wonderful to have someone like that in your life... Bless his soul. I also want to thank you for sharing your story, I love to hear/read about them especially from fans that got to experience the Jackson 5 days too <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->. Michael has given me such beautiful memories too although I don't have anyone to share my love for him with now. Well, I have one friend but unfortunately she lives a 3 hour plane ride away...

Welcome btw! Lots of L.O.V.E
  • Welcome from Canada!!!

Sorry i dont remember the 45's...that is more my parents thing (iam a young'in at age 25 LOL)