Michael Jackson wearing Wedding Ring... Photos?

DancingTheDreamDancingTheDream Posts: 4,923
edited January 1970 in General MJ Discussion
Does anyone have pictures of Michael wearing a wedding ring?

Also.. anyone have pictures of Lisa Marie and Debbie wearing engagement rings and wedding rings?

Nothing to do with the hoax.. just wondered as i havent seen any and im curious as to what the rings looked like. Its the romantic in me, i guess.

Ive found this one, a ring on his left hand but dont think its a wedding ring?

Also.. did he wear his ring on his left or right hand... i know in different countries there are different traditions on this. Thanks. x

Comments

• tabloidburntabloidburn Posts: 1,621
    here's one with debbie in france. looks like a wedding band on the right hand. that's more a european custom, tho. i was married to an american and wore my wedding ring on the left hand (the heart side!). so maybe mike wore it on the right, cuz his heart wasn't in it? just thinking out loud... <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

i haven't found one single pic where he is wearing a ring while he was married to lisa marie (she seems to be wearing something on her left hand)...weird... <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

(and we do caps, so we've both been through a million pics, right?)

<!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->

• here's one with debbie in france. looks like a wedding band on the right hand. that's more a european custom, tho. i was married to an american and wore my wedding ring on the left hand (the heart side!). so maybe mike wore it on the right, cuz his heart wasn't in it? just thinking out loud... <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

i haven't found one single pic where he is wearing a ring while he was married to lisa marie (she seems to be wearing something on her left hand)...weird... <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

(and we do caps, so we've both been through a million pics, right?)

<!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->

Tabloidburn,
    I like your analogy for the reason MJ may have worn this band on his right hand---because his heart wasn't in it. In another thread, I suggested it may because it means it was an "unconventional marriage"; which pretty much means the same thing you stated. I truly feel that even though he may have loved Debbie I don't feel he "was in love" with her. Also, as some have pointed out, I guess we cannot overlook the possibility of him wearing it on the right hand or none at all to protect his celebrity image or his desire to maintain his personal privacy.
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    I think it was to protect his and their right to privacy. The world had seen Princess Diana & Charles' wedding, and he could have had that and better, but chose not to. Michael has never worn earrings or rings, only neck and wrist accessories. He stayed true to his own unique sense of fashion, make-up and attire. When it came to marriage, I think he was very wary, having experienced messy marriages, divorces of his parents and siblings. Lisa was previously married, Debbie didn't want to be in the limelight. He has always walked his own path. His writing style cares nothing for good penmanship rules, he's not following the dictates of any particular church doctrines, I don't believe he follows orders from his family, lawyers, producers or friends. He listens to their advice, like a sponge soaks up what pleases him, and does as he wills. This is a big part of why we love him. He is unique, he is love, he is a free-spirit. There is nothing in the Bible stating we must wear rings to seal marriage, in fact it has pagan origins.
  • simalvessimalves Posts: 730
    Hi Dancing

The pic you have is a mirror/flipped image. See Michael's smile and you can tell it is reversed.
  • DancingTheDreamDancingTheDream Posts: 4,923
    Hi Dancing

The pic you have is a mirror/flipped image. See Michael's smile and you can tell it is reversed.

So that is his right hand? God, how confusing!!

And i didnt really want to start a debate, just interested in pics of MJ with a wedding ring and also of Debs and LMP. Im sure ive seen a couple of LMP wearing a pretty huge rock.
  • suspicious mindsuspicious mind Posts: 5,984
    just when we got our straight jackets back from the cleaners. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • simalvessimalves Posts: 730
    Hi Dancing

So that is his right hand? God, how confusing!!

And i didnt really want to start a debate, just interested in pics of MJ with a wedding ring and also of Debs and LMP. Im sure ive seen a couple of LMP wearing a pretty huge rock.

Yes right hand.

I tried looking for pics with Lisa and the ring but have not found any. Loads of pics with them but he has no ring on. Strangely even the VH1 or MTV public kiss does not have him wearing a ring.

57781892michaeljackson626200913206pm.jpg

Maybe to him marriage did signify having kids and so he did not wear it as she was not interested in that part of the deal. BTW look at him holding her coat instead of him holding her in the pic above.
    'nother ring pic. from the HIStory tour. right hand again... <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->

• Truth_or_DareTruth_or_Dare Posts: 299
    Hi Dancing

That makes more sense. Michel also wears his watch on the right hand <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    here goes lisa's rock. preeetty biiig...although she has rings on her right hand on some pics as well. no ring on mike. seems he only had a ring with debbie... <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->

Tabloidburn,
    I like your analogy for the reason MJ may have worn this band on his right hand---because his heart wasn't in it. In another thread, I suggested it may because it means it was an "unconventional marriage"; which pretty much means the same thing you stated. I truly feel that even though he may have loved Debbie I don't feel he "was in love" with her. Also, as some have pointed out, I guess we cannot overlook the possibility of him wearing it on the right hand or none at all to protect his celebrity image or his desire to maintain his personal privacy.

dunno, just found no other reason why he put the ring on the right, being an american. but maybe he only chose the 'european way' or it was more practical to him...i find it a bit odd, i don't know any american who wears his wedding band on the right. i like your point, too, i don't think he was 'in love' with debbie, i think he married her to favour his mom, and so his children would bear his name. then again, he claimed he did love lisa very much and has no ring during his marriage with her?

sometimes, i think i can 'read' mike and sometimes i'm just plain scratchin' my head over his ways... <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->
  • VeryLittleSusieVeryLittleSusie Posts: 1,483
    Does anyone have pictures of Michael wearing a wedding ring?

Also.. anyone have pictures of Lisa Marie and Debbie wearing engagement rings and wedding rings?

Nothing to do with the hoax.. just wondered as i havent seen any and im curious as to what the rings looked like. Its the romantic in me, i guess.

Ive found this one, a ring on his left hand but dont think its a wedding ring?

Also.. did he wear his ring on his left or right hand... i know in different countries there are different traditions on this. Thanks. x

The picture you posted is photoshopped....
    These not Michael's hands and the face is taken from mjjpictures.com - one of the photos of Michael in white shirt and in blue trousers and with James Brown

The picture you posted is photoshopped....
    These not Michael's hands and the face is taken from mjjpictures.com - one of the photos of Michael in white shirt and in blue trousers and with James Brown

Wowsers.. now why in the heck would someone photoshop that??

Im about to be carted off to the wibble house! I need a straight jacket! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

But.. it is strange he wore a ring on his right hand when married to Debbie and no ring for LMP. Hmmm...

I dont know why, but seeing MJ with a wedding ring makes me very happy... i suppose because i can daydream that that wedding ring is mine that i put on his finger. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • hesouttamylifehesouttamylife Posts: 5,393
    I woulda married him without a ring...or a ceremony...or my family's blessing...or their knowledge...or his <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> Any of the above and anything else the public would want to add on. We could've written "married" on a piece of cardboard and held it out the window, like he always did when he wanted to get a point across, scribly notes. Wouldn't matter. I would've been in like Flint and wouldn't have cared what anybody thought or said or wrote about it. Like Sug Avery said in The Color Purple, I's married now. End of story <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    check out my post from may 24, 11:21. we have official 'padded cell gear' now! <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->

<!-- l -->viewtopic.php?f=21&t=526&start=3475<!-- l -->
  • I woulda married him without a ring...or a ceremony...or my family's blessing...or their knowledge...or his <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> Any of the above and anything else the public would want to add on. We could've written "married" on a piece of cardboard and held it out the window, like he always did when he wanted to get a point across, scribly notes. Wouldn't matter. I would've been in like Flint and wouldn't have cared what anybody thought or said or wrote about it. Like Sug Avery said in The Color Purple, I's married now. End of story <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

Me too!!!

Maybe Michael just liked to wear rings sometimes. That first one doesnt really look like a wedding band although everyone does something different nowadays but to me that looks just like a regular man's ring.
  • I woulda married him without a ring...or a ceremony...or my family's blessing...or their knowledge...or his <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> Any of the above and anything else the public would want to add on. We could've written "married" on a piece of cardboard and held it out the window, like he always did when he wanted to get a point across, scribly notes. Wouldn't matter. I would've been in like Flint and wouldn't have cared what anybody thought or said or wrote about it. Like Sug Avery said in The Color Purple, I's married now. End of story <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

Me too!!!

Maybe Michael just liked to wear rings sometimes. That first one doesnt really look like a wedding band although everyone does something different nowadays but to me that looks just like a regular man's ring.
    i have a picture of mj with a ring on what would be his right hand its when he is in concert and has the beat it jacket on..i believe..i will have to post it when i wake..i have to add it to photobucket and all..it looks like a wedding ring from what i remember..so anyways post later..sorry <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
    huggs
    suzz
  • msteetee34msteetee34 Posts: 1,234
    There's a pic of MJ with Naomi Campbell when he made the Keep it in the closet video. It looks like he is wearing a wedding band. The weird thing is that I believe this video was made before he even married Lisa Marie. So maybe MJ did like to wear rings only at certain times. I know he wore a lot of rings and jewelry when he was a kid.
  • Tink.I.AmTink.I.Am Posts: 878
    have two pic of mj and one of Debbies ring,,, she tried to sell it or did sell it on auction...
    Debbies ring looks nice. Classy
  • BlessHisHeartBlessHisHeart Posts: 343
    I woulda married him without a ring...or a ceremony...or my family's blessing...or their knowledge...or his

<!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • I was watching Michael Jackson's interviews volume 1 and there was a clip of him and LMP with Diane Sawyer. Michael was not wearing a ring, but LMP was wearing a huge rock.
  • suspicious mindsuspicious mind Posts: 5,984
    here goes lisa's rock. preeetty biiig...although she has rings on her right hand on some pics as well. no ring on mike. seems he only had a ring with debbie... <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->

granted it might all just be non traditional but only one ring for lisa?
    I dont know why... but in my fantasies..

you know that white suit MJ wore to his trial.. well he is wearing a white suit like that to our wedding when i marry him.. looking all hot and fine.

And i have a big rock on my finger and a matching wedding band and he has a wedding band on too... Michael Jackson with a wedding band on turns me on... dont know why... suppose because its grown up and commitment and marriage and children.

And then i wake up again.. <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->
  • JennieJennie Posts: 514

I dont know why, but seeing MJ with a wedding ring makes me very happy... i suppose because i can daydream that that wedding ring is mine that i put on his finger. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

<!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> I know exactly how you feel, only I like to daydream that I am beside Michael with him holding me cloose like that. Takes a long sigh. <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
    I guess the reason I see it the other way around is cause most women would want to put a ring on his finger but if you're the one wearing his ring it means he chose YOU!!! I guess it kinda makes you more exclusive, lucky you know cause you we're chosen and it has a much deeper meaning with much deeper feelings IMO. Call me weird... <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> You know guys I dont know if Michael realized to what point he still had it, a lot of us in the forum are younger(I'm 33) and we get hot flashes daydreaming about Michael. Heck he's 18 years older than me and I dont care, I would have loved to be his other half. WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH MICHAEL, it's time to come out from hiding now!!! C'mon dont be afraid we're all here for you and we'll fight tooth and nail to defend you. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->