Silence?

mjboogiemjboogie Posts: 1,067
edited January 1970 in Dr. Conrad Murray
OK we have the trial of Murray coming up. WHY IS THERE NO MAJOR MEDIA COVERAGE OF THIS IMPENDING TRIAL DATE?

CNN, Nancy Grace, Geraldo, Larry King, Jane Velez Mitchell, Joy Beher, need I go on?

Yes, only the LARGEST CELEB in the world and they should be all over it!! MUMS the WORD???? Your thoughts?
It is Monday for heavans sake!! No Coverage!! That is soooooo strange!

They should be giving their opinions on what they feel about the case, what they think will happen, ect, ect..... no spokesman for LAPD? Nothing! Family members the trial is coming up WHERE ARE YA? THanks just a little hectic the closer we get to June 25th. <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: -->

Comments

• 2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
    That's pretty wierd... <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • loyalfanloyalfan Posts: 1,641
    my fantasy is..........micheal will reveal himself before then.........the trial wont happen............well a girl can dream....ha ha xxxx
  • kel70kel70 Posts: 182
    i find this strange too.. it seems to have gone very quiet all round <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> even jermaine is quiet for once <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • DatrootDatroot Posts: 1,314
    Its not a trial, only a hearing.
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    If they are all very quiet, including the family .. <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->
  • I thought I had read somewhere that they were trying to get it continued because they didn't get all the evidence from the prosecuting attorneys.
    However, if it wasn't continued it is very strange that there is no talk about this. It seems that the news has gotten really quiet about MJ. It could be that they are covering the oil spill and don't have the time to talk about CM
  • badkolobadkolo Posts: 128
    Don't expect big media coverage at all, we will hear about it the day before or possible 2 days before but i'll stick to the day before since the 14th is on a monday.

The reasoning for this is as a poster above mentioned, this is not for the trial, The judge will decide if there is enough evidnece and then he will set a date for another hearing to proceed with the trial and begin the process of choosing a jury if this case will continue.

If this goes on like any other case then the actual trial wont happen for at minimum 6 month or at maximum 2 years or anytime in between.
  • OK we have the trial of Murray coming up. WHY IS THERE NO MAJOR MEDIA COVERAGE OF THIS IMPENDING TRIAL DATE?

CNN, Nancy Grace, Geraldo, Larry King, Jane Velez Mitchell, Joy Beher, need I go on?

Yes, only the LARGEST CELEB in the world and they should be all over it!! MUMS the WORD???? Your thoughts?
    It is Monday for heavans sake!! No Coverage!! That is soooooo strange!

They should be giving their opinions on what they feel about the case, what they think will happen, ect, ect..... no spokesman for LAPD? Nothing! Family members the trial is coming up WHERE ARE YA? THanks just a little hectic the closer we get to June 25th. <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: -->

Please Listen to "Datroot" and "Badkolo" - They know what they are talking about...This is NOT going to be a Trial! It is simply some kind of "Hearing". In the US Trials can be Delayed for Years &Years based on all kinds of BS (like continual Continuances, etc.) IN this case I expect on-going "continuances" until everyone of our generation is Dead and gone and they can just let it Die away. (I hope I am wrong <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: --> )
  • TracyKTracyK Posts: 163
    Yes, it can be delayed up to 5 yrs in the US.
  • Missyb007Missyb007 Posts: 727
    Uhm I thought I read somewhere that june 14th was postponed?
    or am I mixing up things again, if this is the case then it's no wonder
    there's this "silence" surrounding Murray right <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
    TracyK wrote;

Yes, it can be delayed up to 5 yrs in the US.

All that time ...... <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • IntegrityIntegrity Posts: 449
    What since does it make for them to detain this case for 5 years. They should get to this case ASAP so that the family and the world can have closure. Something seems pretty fishy to me..........
  • Don't expect big media coverage at all, we will hear about it the day before or possible 2 days before but i'll stick to the day before since the 14th is on a monday.

The reasoning for this is as a poster above mentioned, this is not for the trial, The judge will decide if there is enough evidnece and then he will set a date for another hearing to proceed with the trial and begin the process of choosing a jury if this case will continue.

If this goes on like any other case then the actual trial wont happen for at minimum 6 month or at maximum 2 years or anytime in between.
    I think so as well. Until now, I don´t find it strange that there wasn´t much/any media coverage, yet..
  • samsuperbsamsuperb Posts: 495
    Don't expect big media coverage at all, we will hear about it the day before or possible 2 days before but i'll stick to the day before since the 14th is on a monday.

thats what scares me <!-- s:| -->:|<!-- s:| -->
  • i wonder if there will be a live feed inside??
    huggs to all
    suzz
  • Yes, it can be delayed up to 5 yrs in the US.
    But... Michael wrote on the card and the pic. in Prince's room... "soon". <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: --> <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: --> By 5 years, I'm going to be having on more than 1 straight-jacket. Crap! <!-- s:| -->:|<!-- s:| -->
  • gwynnedgwynned Posts: 1,361
    I agree it's odd, even if it's only a hearing. One just has to remember the OJ trial or Michael's trial to recall that even the most inconsequential detail was discussed ad infinitum. No, the media is not acting in their normal fashion.
  • youngatheartyoungatheart Posts: 261
    I find this really odd also. Here it is one day before the hearing is supposed to take place and not a word from anyone. It is being treated like a very small inconsequential thing.
    "Silence? .. the silence ended, well by the family, Randy and Joe are .......... incontinence, but of words <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • 2MuchMJLuv2MuchMJLuv Posts: 332
    Please Listen to "Datroot" and "Badkolo" - They know what they are talking about...This is NOT going to be a Trial! It is simply some kind of "Hearing". In the US Trials can be Delayed for Years &Years based on all kinds of BS (like continual Continuances, etc.) IN this case I expect on-going "continuances" until everyone of our generation is Dead and gone and they can just let it Die away. (I hope I am wrong <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: --> )[/quote]

I'm afraid that you're right!!! There are several petitions and protests planned that
    will mean absolutely nothing. The family will ride it out--and eventually make the claim that "They are simply eager to move on with their lives and those fans should also...".