Michael...5'9" with 28 inch waist

I never caught this before...they say his height and his waist in this vid. The extra two inches in his mug shot photo account for the 2 inch heels he was wearing on his boots that day. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
[youtube:25w99oi4]

Comments

• suspicious mindsuspicious mind Posts: 5,984
    that can't be right. he would have to be a stick.
  • that can't be right. he would have to be a stick.
    HE WAS!
  • msteetee34msteetee34 Posts: 1,234
    MJ always had a small waist line except in 2001 when he beefed up. That's the heaviest I ever seen him.
  • MJ always had a small waist line except in 2001 when he beefed up. That's the heaviest I ever seen him.

with a body to be seen a block away LOL maybe it was the shine of the outfit too <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    I never caught this before...they say his height and his waist in this vid. The extra two inches in his mug shot photo account for the 2 inch heels he was wearing on his boots that day. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

You need to take your shoes off when they measure you.

It's like when you're caught in the act, you are measured after your arrest with your stilettos, you bail out, go to court and you file for mis trial, because you could have never been that 6 foot tall woman that was arrested.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• PinkTopazPinkTopaz Posts: 1,013
    ^ Yeah, Souza..IMO, that weird skinny little guy in those clothing fittings AND that arrest were doubles..
  • If you want to admire that 28 inch waist line then don't forget this...

http://www.jacksonaction.com/Bootielici ... boknc3.htm
  • I never caught this before...they say his height and his waist in this vid. The extra two inches in his mug shot photo account for the 2 inch heels he was wearing on his boots that day. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

It's like when you're caught in the act, you are measured after your arrest with your stilettos, you bail out, go to court and you file for mis trial, because you could have never been that 6 foot tall woman that was arrested.
    No, that is not true. I was arrested and did not have to take my shoes off. My arrest was something so silly... LOL!
  • JennieJennie Posts: 514
    I just read yesterday in Michael's autobiography that he said he was in a growing sprout on his way to 5'10". So I believe he was the height he said he was.
    i don't know who we saw but that description has to be off .
    besides all the reporter is doing is regurgitating information that was given . that doesn't make it fact.
  • DatrootDatroot Posts: 1,314
    that can't beright. he would have to be a stick.

When my dad got married, he was 5'9" with a 28" waist. He was slim but not like a stick.
  • that can't beright. he would have to be a stick.

When my dad got married, he was 5'9" with a 28" waist. He was slim but not like a stick.
    mine too and he had an afro...he was a white man with an afro and black rimmed glasses....a starving artist they called him....LOL! He was very thin but I would say it's a stick...My oppinion of a stick could be different than yours...to me MJ was a stick...except that period of time during Invincible....LOL
  • DancingTheDreamDancingTheDream Posts: 4,923

You could try that one, but it would never wash - fingerprints and photo would get you.

mine too and he had an afro...he was a white man with an afro and black rimmed glasses....a starving artist they called him....LOL! He was very thin but I would say it's a stick...My oppinion of a stick could be different than yours...to me MJ was a stick...except that period of time during Invincible....LOL

28 inch waist>>> are you guys serious? TWENTY EIGHT???

Im a female, Im 5ft 6 and im slim... and im a 28 inch waist and i weigh 8 stone.

This is not a normal or healthy waist line for a man of his height.. even if he is a dancer and athletic and toned,.. 28" in WAY to small, no matter how you guys want to shut your eyes to it.

The smallest waist i have had is 26" and that was when i was ill with cancer and not eating or sleeping.
    I was ill and i looked ill. I was too thin and my clothes hung off me. I consider myself to still be too thin now.

NO WAY this is good for MJ to be this waist size.
    ok when i went to work today one of the guys said he was 6.3 that seemed short to me. i have thought that my husband was 6ft. this guy is close to my husband in height . anyway one of the other guys is 6ft. having seen it in a real life comparison i think i am leaning more toward micheal being right about what he was for usa for africa - we are the world.maybe thats thin but if he was healthy at that size then i don't know it is a problem now.maybe i sort of adjusted to him getting heavier and it stuck in my mind. i do remember when i saw the movie thinking how even when i thought it was micheal it didn't seem like the times matched up . i have no idea if that makes sense to anyone else.between 5.9 and 5.11 if we just split the difference and make it 5.10.another thing that seems to me might make him not look as heathy is that loss of skin color. anyway just sayin'
  • samsuperbsamsuperb Posts: 495
    yea, thats too skinny for a man, I hope he gains weight and eat more meat if he is alive
    but it doesn't mean he was at deaths door.

No, it doesnt mean he is at deaths door as i was very underweight at one point in my life and im still here.. but it is a red light to something else going on... whether it was because he was deliberately losing weight, or was stressed (as what happened in 2003 when he also dropped a lot of weight), or taking drugs or for some other illness... its a red light. It indicates something else was wrong.

No amount of trying to persuade me that MJ was a healthy weight will persuade me because i can see he is unhealthily thin. Ive seen him thin before because of touring and whatever.. and this is different. I can see he is far too thin and its unhealthy.

HIstorically, MJ used to beef up before tours anyway.. not slim down as that makes no sense.

No, it doesnt mean he is at deaths door as i was very underweight at one point in my life and im still here.. but it is a red light to something else going on... whether it was because he was deliberately losing weight, or was stressed (as what happened in 2003 when he also dropped a lot of weight), or taking drugs or for some other illness... its a red light. It indicates something else was wrong.

No amount of trying to persuade me that MJ was a healthy weight will persuade me because i can see he is unhealthily thin. Ive seen him thin before because of touring and whatever.. and this is different. I can see he is far too thin and its unhealthy.

HIstorically, MJ used to beef up before tours anyway.. not slim down as that makes no sense.
    really as i am new to micheal i have not heard that before. where does that info come from. to me from what i have seen from videos in the early days he was considerably thinner than like i guess history tour. i just thought he was heavier then. you have to remember not everyone here was a fan. just as a matter of curiousity to you believe the man was put to sleep on a regular basis while he was on tour?
  • but it doesn't mean he was at deaths door.

really as i am new to micheal i have not heard that before. where does that info come from. to me from what i have seen from videos in the early days he was considerably thinner than like i guess history tour. i just thought he was heavier then. you have to remember not everyone here was a fan. just as a matter of curiousity to you believe the man was put to sleep on a regular basis while he was on tour?

I realize that this isn't the overall topic but suspicious mind made me think about this with their question.

General Anesthesia
    General anesthesia is the induction of a state of unconsciousness with the absence of pain sensation over the entire body, through the administration of anesthetic drugs. It is used during certain medical and surgical procedures.

Description

Anesthesia performed with general anesthetics occurs in four stages which may or may not be observable because they can occur very rapidly:
    * Stage One: Analgesia. The patient experiences analgesia or a loss of pain sensation but remains conscious and can carry on a conversation.
    * Stage Two: Excitement. The patient may experience delirium or become violent. Blood pressure rises and becomes irregular, and breathing rate increases. This stage is typically bypassed by administering a barbiturate, such as sodium pentothal, before the anesthesia.
    * Stage Three: Surgical Anesthesia. During this stage, the skeletal muscles relax, and the patient's breathing becomes regular. Eye movements slow, then stop, and surgery can begin.
    * Stage Four: Medullary Paralysis. This stage occurs if the respiratory centers in the medulla oblongata of the brain that control breathing and other vital functions cease to function. Death can result if the patient cannot be revived quickly. This stage should never be reached. Careful control of the amounts of anesthetics administered prevent this occurrence.

General anesthesia works by altering the flow of sodium molecules into nerve cells (neurons) through the cell membrane. Exactly how the anesthetic does this is not understood since the drug apparently does not bind to any receptor on the cell surface and does not seem to affect the release of chemicals that transmit nerve impulses (neurotransmitters) from the nerve cells. It is known, however, that when the sodium molecules do not get into the neurons, nerve impulses are not generated and the brain becomes unconscious, does not store memories, does not register pain impulses from other areas of the body, and does not control involuntary reflexes. Although anesthesia may feel like deep sleep, it is not the same. In sleep, some parts of the brain speed up while others slow down. Under anesthesia, the loss of consciousness is more widespread.

Sleep deprivation and how it affects your life

How do you know if you’re getting the sleep you need? Sleep deprivation occurs when you are not sleeping the right amount for your individual needs. Sometimes sleep deprivation is short term, like a college student pulling an all nighter. Chronic sleep deprivation often occurs in professions who work long hours, caregivers with multiple responsibilities, a concurrent sleep disorder or another disease that interferes with sleep. If you are falling asleep as soon as your head hits the pillow, regularly need an alarm clock to wake up, or feel the need for frequent naps during the day, it is very likely you are sleep deprived.

Sleep DeprivationOther signs you may be suffering from sleep deprivation include::

* difficulty waking up in the morning
    * poor performance in school, on the job, or in sports
    * increased clumsiness
    * difficulty making decisions
    * falling asleep during work or class
    * feeling especially moody or irritated

Sleep deprivation can be dangerous not only to you but others, since it affects motor skills like driving. Chronic sleep deprivation is also thought to cause long term changes to the body, which contribute to increased risk for obesity, diabetes and heart disease.

I find it extremely hard to believe that Michael was using Propofol, long-term or at all really, to "Go to Sleep" as you do not sleep, nor do you receive the benefits of sleep while under the influence of an anaesthetic.
    From the autopsy report Michael does not suffer from diabetes, or heat disease, he was not Obese or overweight, all which can occur from sleep deprivation. Long term use of an anaesthetic would increase the susceptibility to these illnesses as you WOULD suffer from sleep deprivation.
    http://helpguide.org/life/sleeping.htm

Plus Michael did not appear to display increased clumsiness or poor performance while on tour or in the movie TII.

Yeah.. if you look at his tours.. Bad, Dangeous and especially History.. he was heavier at the beginning and then near the end of the tour he was a lot skinnier. In History Ive seen shots of him near the end of the tour and the gold pants are hanging off him, where as at the beginning he has nice big thighs and fills it out nicely. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
    During none of the tours was he as skinny as he looked in TII rehearsals.
    There are a few Dangerous rehearsals on Youtube which are easy to find if you search.. just put "Michael jackson Dangerous rehearsal" into youtube and a few will pop up for you to watch. In those rehearsals, he certainly isnt as skinny as he is in TII and he looks very healthy and a bit meaty. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
    I know that for MJ he was always slim... but he did put a bit of weight on for his tours before they began. You could never call him fat or whatever.. but i can see the difference.

Ive heard the rumour that MJ was using Propofol in History tour.. but so far this seems to be a rumour and ive seen no fact and certainly no doctor has come forward to confirm this.. but i dont suppose if it was true any doctor would come forward and confirm it anyways. Ive not heard any interviews with anyone credible who has confirmed that they witnessed this. So for now, its rumour and cant be proved or disproved.

Yeah.. if you look at his tours.. Bad, Dangeous and especially History.. he was heavier at the beginning and then near the end of the tour he was a lot skinnier. In History Ive seen shots of him near the end of the tour and the gold pants are hanging off him, where as at the beginning he has nice big thighs and fills it out nicely. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> During none of the tours was he as skinny as he looked in TII rehearsals.
    There are a few Dangerous rehearsals on Youtube which are easy to find if you search.. just put "Michael jackson Dangerous rehearsal" into youtube and a few will pop up for you to watch. In those rehearsals, he certainly isnt as skinny as he is in TII and he looks very healthy and a bit meaty. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
    I know that for MJ he was always slim... but he did put a bit of weight on for his tours before they began. You could never call him fat or whatever.. but i can see the difference.

Ive heard the rumour that MJ was using Propofol in History tour.. but so far this seems to be a rumour and ive seen no fact and certainly no doctor has come forward to confirm this.. but i dont suppose if it was true any doctor would come forward and confirm it anyways. Ive not heard any interviews with anyone credible who has confirmed that they witnessed this. So for now, its rumour and cant be proved or disproved.
    That is very very true...I saw those gold pants at the beginning and it looks like the button is gonna pop off and the seams are gonna split and then at the end, they look roomy and he needs a belt...LOL. MJ is very very pear shaped, even when he is thin, he carries some flesh on his hips and thighs and...umm...bum...LOL...in TII he is even so so thin in these areas! During Thriller, and off the wall, he was very thin but his mid section always had some meat.

I realize that this isn't the overall topic but suspicious mind made me think about this with their question.

General Anesthesia
    General anesthesia is the induction of a state of unconsciousness with the absence of pain sensation over the entire body, through the administration of anesthetic drugs. It is used during certain medical and surgical procedures.

Description

Anesthesia performed with general anesthetics occurs in four stages which may or may not be observable because they can occur very rapidly:
    * Stage One: Analgesia. The patient experiences analgesia or a loss of pain sensation but remains conscious and can carry on a conversation.
    * Stage Two: Excitement. The patient may experience delirium or become violent. Blood pressure rises and becomes irregular, and breathing rate increases. This stage is typically bypassed by administering a barbiturate, such as sodium pentothal, before the anesthesia.
    * Stage Three: Surgical Anesthesia. During this stage, the skeletal muscles relax, and the patient's breathing becomes regular. Eye movements slow, then stop, and surgery can begin.
    * Stage Four: Medullary Paralysis. This stage occurs if the respiratory centers in the medulla oblongata of the brain that control breathing and other vital functions cease to function. Death can result if the patient cannot be revived quickly. This stage should never be reached. Careful control of the amounts of anesthetics administered prevent this occurrence.

General anesthesia works by altering the flow of sodium molecules into nerve cells (neurons) through the cell membrane. Exactly how the anesthetic does this is not understood since the drug apparently does not bind to any receptor on the cell surface and does not seem to affect the release of chemicals that transmit nerve impulses (neurotransmitters) from the nerve cells. It is known, however, that when the sodium molecules do not get into the neurons, nerve impulses are not generated and the brain becomes unconscious, does not store memories, does not register pain impulses from other areas of the body, and does not control involuntary reflexes. Although anesthesia may feel like deep sleep, it is not the same. In sleep, some parts of the brain speed up while others slow down. Under anesthesia, the loss of consciousness is more widespread.

Sleep deprivation and how it affects your life

How do you know if you’re getting the sleep you need? Sleep deprivation occurs when you are not sleeping the right amount for your individual needs. Sometimes sleep deprivation is short term, like a college student pulling an all nighter. Chronic sleep deprivation often occurs in professions who work long hours, caregivers with multiple responsibilities, a concurrent sleep disorder or another disease that interferes with sleep. If you are falling asleep as soon as your head hits the pillow, regularly need an alarm clock to wake up, or feel the need for frequent naps during the day, it is very likely you are sleep deprived.

Sleep DeprivationOther signs you may be suffering from sleep deprivation include::

* difficulty waking up in the morning
    * poor performance in school, on the job, or in sports
    * increased clumsiness
    * difficulty making decisions
    * falling asleep during work or class
    * feeling especially moody or irritated

Sleep deprivation can be dangerous not only to you but others, since it affects motor skills like driving. Chronic sleep deprivation is also thought to cause long term changes to the body, which contribute to increased risk for obesity, diabetes and heart disease.

I find it extremely hard to believe that Michael was using Propofol, long-term or at all really, to "Go to Sleep" as you do not sleep, nor do you receive the benefits of sleep while under the influence of an anaesthetic.
    From the autopsy report Michael does not suffer from diabetes, or heat disease, he was not Obese or overweight, all which can occur from sleep deprivation. Long term use of an anaesthetic would increase the susceptibility to these illnesses as you WOULD suffer from sleep deprivation.
    http://helpguide.org/life/sleeping.htm

Plus Michael did not appear to display increased clumsiness or poor performance while on tour or in the movie TII.

thanks for the info serenity. also about the weight i don't know about anyone else but i myself am not at my best when i'm carrying extra weight.

Yeah.. if you look at his tours.. Bad, Dangeous and especially History.. he was heavier at the beginning and then near the end of the tour he was a lot skinnier. In History Ive seen shots of him near the end of the tour and the gold pants are hanging off him, where as at the beginning he has nice big thighs and fills it out nicely. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> During none of the tours was he as skinny as he looked in TII rehearsals.

That is very very true...I saw those gold pants at the beginning and it looks like the button is gonna pop off and the seams are gonna split and then at the end, they look roomy and he needs a belt...LOL. MJ is very very pear shaped, even when he is thin, he carries some flesh on his hips and thighs and...umm...bum...LOL...in TII he is even so so thin in these areas! During Thriller, and off the wall, he was very thin but his mid section always had some meat.

In my previous post I provided facts about the use of anaesthetic and sleep deprivation. You have provided an opinion only. My opinion on this differs but it is based on my own experience having previously been a dancer on a tour.

Prior to a tour you will work out to prepare for a tour, practice etc. but you may be 'larger' in size due to many factors before than during or after the tour. You are sleeping in unfamiliar hotel rooms, your get pumped up during a performance and may experience trouble winding down after, this then causes you to have trouble getting to sleep. Your normal schedule is disrupted, you may not eat regularly or at proper intervals. There is quite a bit of stress involved with moving from place to place, psyching yourself up for each performance etc. The actual physicality of performing, changes your body as you are more active while actually on tour performing than you would be while not on tour. Being on tour is also exciting and exhilarating this also affects your sleeping and eating habits, which in turn affects your overall body as well.

In Michael's case for TII if we believe that he had a big plan in the works as he was "rehearsing" for the movie TII or that the movie wasn't really a rehearsal but the actual performance then there is stress involved here and the performance itself to consider. This can account for any noticeable weight loss.

There is also the idea that maybe he was intentionally losing weight to make it appear as if he was a drug addict as that has been a prevalent theme though out this entire adventure. In my opinion it seems that Michael was creating this drug addict image to manipulate the media with but again it is only my opinion and not backed up with any facts.
  • DatrootDatroot Posts: 1,314

28 inch waist>>> are you guys serious? TWENTY EIGHT???

Im a female, Im 5ft 6 and im slim... and im a 28 inch waist and i weigh 8 stone.

This is not a normal or healthy waist line for a man of his height.. even if he is a dancer and athletic and toned,.. 28" in WAY to small, no matter how you guys want to shut your eyes to it.

The smallest waist i have had is 26" and that was when i was ill with cancer and not eating or sleeping.
    I was ill and i looked ill. I was too thin and my clothes hung off me. I consider myself to still be too thin now.

NO WAY this is good for MJ to be this waist size.

I am deffo serious. 28" wasit. My dad was always very slim and he ate like a horse.