Michael Jackson, Murray case set to pick up with August hear

simplymesimplyme Posts: 649
edited January 1970 in Dr. Conrad Murray
I thought this hearing was to determine whether or not Dr. Murray would stand trial. This Article states different.
Nearly a year after his death, Michael Jackson's shocking demise and the circumstances surrounding it remain unresolved. That may change when embattled physician, Doctor Conrad Murray attends a hearing related to charges that he was in some way involved with the "Thriller" entertainer's death.

After a short hearing Monday, June 14 stemming from the California Medical Board's request to suspend Murray's license to practice medicine indefinitely, a judge set August 23 as the day he will face charges directly related to Jackson's death.

Labeled a preliminary hearing, the court date will determine if he will end up standing trial on manslaughter charges levied earlier this year.

Joe, Katherine, and Latoya Jackson were on hand Monday, attending Murray's hearing over the medical board's request to suspend his license. Judge Michael Pastor denied that request according to CNN.
I know darn well that this was supposed to be THE hearing. Am I confused? Isn't that why the defense was talking about delaying the hearing because of all the paperwork?

Does anyone have a source of what happened in the courtroom. Did they ask the judge for a delay in the courtroom and that's why this was moved to August?

Comments

• libra8libra8 Posts: 170
    I thought this hearing was to determine whether or not Dr. Murray would stand trial. This Article states different.
    Nearly a year after his death, Michael Jackson's shocking demise and the circumstances surrounding it remain unresolved. That may change when embattled physician, Doctor Conrad Murray attends a hearing related to charges that he was in some way involved with the "Thriller" entertainer's death.

After a short hearing Monday, June 14 stemming from the California Medical Board's request to suspend Murray's license to practice medicine indefinitely, a judge set August 23 as the day he will face charges directly related to Jackson's death.

Labeled a preliminary hearing, the court date will determine if he will end up standing trial on manslaughter charges levied earlier this year.

Joe, Katherine, and Latoya Jackson were on hand Monday, attending Murray's hearing over the medical board's request to suspend his license. Judge Michael Pastor denied that request according to CNN.
    I know darn well that this was supposed to be THE hearing. Am I confused? Isn't that why the defense was talking about delaying the hearing because of all the paperwork?

Does anyone have a source of what happened in the courtroom. Did they ask the judge for a delay in the courtroom and that's why this was moved to August?
    Can you pleaz post link for the article? & thank you in advance.
  • simplymesimplyme Posts: 649

Can you pleaz post link for the article? & thank you in advance.

<!-- m -->http://www.examiner.com/x-6604-Urban-Po ... st-hearing<!-- m -->