Please keep this in mind when you post

SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
edited January 1970 in MJDHI News
Hey guys,

As you all know by now, I don't like strict rules on this forum, and there won't be now, so don't worry.

I do have to ask you the following concerning the postings of topics and comments:

1. Make it clear in the title what the topic is about. Don't name your topic: "OMG!!" or "Look what I found!" but mention the actual subject like for example: I found an article about Tohme Tohme's hairdresser or Jermaine said something weird on Larru King Live tonight. Just so that people can see what the topic is about before they click it. That also will avoid double posts more, which is my second point:

2. Please search the forum first about a topic, before you post is. There are too many double posts at the moment, therefore it's hard for us to keep the forum clear.

3. Post your topics in the right subforum. If you are not sure where to post it, post it in the topic most related to the subject.

4. If you comment, do not only say: "wow" or "that's a long post" or "I don't agree". These comments are not helping anyone. If you disagree on a subject, try to explain WHY you don't agree.

5. If you quote a post, try to quote only the part that you want to comment on and if pictures are not important for your comment, delete them from the quote. The pages will load slower if everyone is quoting pictures and video's when it's not really necessary.

6. If you comment, try to read the other comments first. Sometimes not only the main topic is interesting, but also the comments or questions of the other members.

7. Please don't post topics in the Admin Messages Forum, it's for us to let you know stuff, if you want to tell or ask us something, please do so in the Forum FAQ section.

Well, that's it for now, please keep the above in mind when you post.

Thank you for reading!

Greetz,
Souza

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Comments

• Very good for you to lay out these points. I have often clicked onto a thread entitled with things like "OMG" or "MUST SEE" or some such words only to be really disappointed to read what is written. Very good points and we must all try to bear them all in mind when we post.
  • Word!

p.s. So one word replies are not allowed? I like to say "Word!" every now and then because at times you want to acknowledge a thread but not really say much about it except that you agree ......and sometimes it just fits. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • Leah-KimLeah-Kim Posts: 507
    Thanks i totally agree.... Can we have 1 more rule on all the body double topics aswell please?? That people are not allowed to just post 100% Michael with no explanation! Sorry it does my head in...
  • pantspants Posts: 24
    I agree with some of your post but not all.
    'WoW'.I often feel like saying this if there's an interesting or mysterious post,but can't think of anything else to say at the time.

OMG subjects draws my attention.The majority of OMG subjects have been graet and I too would think OMG when posting them.These are my favourites.

Often,one doesn't have time to read all the posts.I'm sure the majority of us have a life outside this forum(and we'd be sad not to).We have to work for a living,look after our children,run a house etc.I think if one has what they beleive to be relevant reading then they should post it.
  • well ive been running around like a confused headless chicken all day ,and im not the only one this can only help ,please make it help <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • pantspants Posts: 24
    well ive been running around like a confused headless chicken all day ,and im not the only one this can only help ,please make it help <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

Eh?
  • MJJ1982MJJ1982 Posts: 1,282
    Souza, I agree with all your points.
    I hope it helps, so we can keep the board understandable <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • Great points Souza...if everyone follows them the forum should be much less cluttered. I can't believe how many double posts there are!
  • 6. If you comment, try to read the other comments first. Sometimes not only the main topic is interesting, but also the comments or questions of the other members.

That is a good one...so many people try to get all mad about a post days after its been posted and already discussed and argued. Thanks Souza.
  • Just bumping up this topic in case people missed it. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • I agree, Souza, especially with the "OMG"-posts/threads! Thanks for this thread.
  • Melzy777Melzy777 Posts: 501
    Souza, Is there a way you can send this post to EVERYONE in a private message so that they DO read it?
  • That would be a really great idea...I can't keep up with all the multiple threads of the same topic!
  • MJJ1982MJJ1982 Posts: 1,282
    Souza, Is there a way you can send this post to EVERYONE in a private message so that they DO read it?

Good idea, I have the feeling that not everyone reads this topic.
    I also don't like some topic titles, sometimes they make me jump for nothing, and sometimes they almost give me a heartattack...
  • katson45katson45 Posts: 116
    Good idea, Let's reserve the OMG's for either MJ is back! or I'm on fire! and save us all the heart attacks.........
  • meheremehere Posts: 558
    Good idea, Let's reserve the OMG's for either MJ is back! or I'm on fire! and save us all the heart attacks.........

LOL
    And a bump to this thread.
  • Maybe I should re-title this thread "OMG!!!" so everyone actually reads it. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • Here's a reminder, because the forum is turning into a mess. Please keep the following in mind...
    Hey guys,

As you all know by now, I don't like strict rules on this forum, and there won't be now, so don't worry.

I do have to ask you the following concerning the postings of topics and comments:

1. Make it clear in the title what the topic is about. Don't name your toic: "OMG!!" or "Look what I found!" but mention the actual subject like for example: I found an article about Tohme Tohme's hairdresser or Jermaine said something weird on Larru King Live tonight. Just so that people can see what the topic is about before they click it. That also will avoid double posts more, which is my second point:

2. Please search the forum first about a topic, before you post is. There are too many double posts at the moment, therefore it's hard for us to keep the forum clear.

3. Post your topics in the right subforum. If you are not sure where to post it, post it in the topic most related to the subject.

4. If you comment, do not only say: "wow" or "that's a long post" or "I don't agree". These comments are not helping anyone. If you disagree on a subject, try to explain WHY you don't agree.

5. If you quote a post, try to quote only the part that you want to comment on and if pictures are not important for your comment, delete them from the quote. The pages will load slower if everyone is quoting pictures and video's when it's not really necessary.

6. If you comment, try to read the other comments first. Sometimes not only the main topic is interesting, but also the comments or questions of the other members.

7. Please don't post topics in the Admin Messages Forum, it's for us to let you know stuff, if you want to tell or ask us something, please do so in the Forum FAQ section.

Thank you for reading!

Greetz,
    Souza
  • teensyteensy Posts: 120
    Maybe I should re-title this thread "OMG!!!" so everyone actually reads it. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

<!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

I don't like the "OMG! I have life or death information, but I'm sleepy right now, so I'll post it in 24 hours! Goodnight! ... It's Life or Death!" Then, there is a long thread of everyone getting pissed off at the original poster for making them wait. Then get even madder because they had to wait for crappy information. "OMG! Michael's the head of a secret appleheads organization! They plan on taking over the world one applehead at a time!"

Sorry. I'm weird. <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: -->
  • ROFLROFL Posts: 530
    Here's a reminder, because the forum is turning into a mess. Please keep the following in mind...
    Hey guys,

1. Make it clear in the title what the topic is about. Don't name your toic: "OMG!!" or "Look what I found!" but mention the actual subject like for example: I found an article about Tohme Tohme's hairdresser or Jermaine said something weird on Larru King Live tonight. Just so that people can see what the topic is about before they click it. That also will avoid double posts more, which is my second point:

Thank you for reading!

Greetz,
    Souza

Too many double posts , indeed..