The weight issue solved?

It is 1am in the morning and as I am almost on my way to Carolwood drive something catched my mind.I do not know if it has been discussed before but if not it is quite interesting...
We all know how much weight Mike lost last year...If he really was taking propofol then it is the answer.Because if you are going under anesthesia you cannot eat up to 8 hours before .You ask why ?
The primary concern about eating before surgery is that general anesthesia causes nausea and vomiting. If the patient vomits while being anesthetized, there is a risk that the vomit could be aspirated into the lungs. This can be extremely dangerous and sometimes fatal if not addressed.
So if he was taking propofol, he couldn't eat....and that is the reason he lost so much weight...and remember people at staples saying he didn't drink much during the rehearsals ..I think it was because he knew it is good not to drink before propofol...Patients can drink liquids until four hours before, although they should take small sips, and the liquids should be clear.
<!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> In a way in makes sense ... <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: -->

Comments

• HazzelyHazzely Posts: 1,443
    It is 1am in the morning and as I am almost on my way to Carolwood drive something catched my mind.I do not know if it has been discussed before but if not it is quite interesting...
    We all know how much weight Mike lost last year...If he really was taking propofol then it is the answer.Because if you are going under anesthesia you cannot eat up to 8 hours before .You ask why ?
    The primary concern about eating before surgery is that general anesthesia causes nausea and vomiting. If the patient vomits while being anesthetized, there is a risk that the vomit could be aspirated into the lungs. This can be extremely dangerous and sometimes fatal if not addressed.
    So if he was taking propofol, he couldn't eat....and that is the reason he lost so much weight...and remember people at staples saying he didn't drink much during the rehearsals ..I think it was because he knew it is good not to drink before propofol...Patients can drink liquids until four hours before, although they should take small sips, and the liquids should be clear.
    <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> In a way in make sense ... <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: -->
    It is worth mentioning that Propofol is not considered a controlled substance & it is the most unlikely medication to develop an addiction to. In response to numerous claims & rumors that Michael Jackson was using Propofol for at least 6 weeks prior to June 25th, for almost every night, I have to say that although Propofol is a short acting agent, the side effects of continuous use of Propofol can be very damaging. If Michael was continuously using Propofol he would suffer from: extreme muscle & bone pain through his waking hours, extreme disorientation & lack of balance, faint spells, numb & tingling feeling that would make body movement difficult, shortness of breath & many more side effects that would prevent him from participating in rigorous rehearsal for TII.

I think Michael lost weight because he was too stressed..it happens to everybody. This year I lost a lot of weight because of many problems I had, so I doubt it happened to him due to propofol. I also believe (and I'm not a doctor or a professional) that using that drug so often would have caused him serious problems.. Propofol is one of the most powerful anesthesics so I guess if it was that harmless and innocuous many people would use it at home when they can't sleep or are in pain.

Its duration of clinical effect is much shorter, because Propofol is rapidly distributed into peripheral tissues. When used for IV sedation, a single dose of Propofol typically wears off within minutes.

Again I'm talking from my point of view..I'm not a professional but I have common sense..
    Here's a conversation we had some days ago, I will quote it here since I would have said the same again..
    Please correct me if I'm wrong..
    As they pulled into the driveway, the bodyguard Muhammad noticed Dr. Murray's car parked outside the home, just as it had been many nights previously.

Twisting the story again. We were said at the beginning that Michael was unable to sleep and he called Murray.

Murray remained with the sedated singer for about 10 minutes, then left for the bathroom, the affidavit stated. Less than two minutes later, Murray returned — and found Jackson not breathing.
    If you read the "debunking the autopsy report" you would see that Propofol acts fast. It was administered trough IV so it went right into the blood. If anything was to happen it would have happened WITHIN THOSE 10 MINUTES, because that drug acts really fast.
    They put Jackson on the floor, then Muhammad rushed into the room and began helping with chest compressions while Murray attempted mouth-to-mouth resuscitation.

Weren't we told that they first started CPR on the bed? Now it was on the floor? WTF....
    yes, it acts fast to put you to sleep but the fact is he had the other meds on board and the reaction that the propofol has with these is to depress the respiration. That would have come on gradual as shallow breathing and eventually the Co2 would have built up in his blood and eventually his heart would stop. This is how he died of Accute Propofol Intoxication. The Dr. could have monitored him and seen him breathing and felt a pulse and not realize his breathing was becoming shallow or that the Co2 was building up in his blood.

The toxicology report states there was Lidocaine HCI in his blood.
    See what Lidocaine is supposed to do:

Most important use of Lidocaine injection (for the purpose of this specific case) is to dilute Propofol. One of propofol's most frequent side effects is pain on injection, especially in smaller veins. This pain can be mitigated by pretreatment with lidocaine. Lidocaine either mixed with propofol or preceding it as a separate injection causes destabilization of the emulsion and reduces anesthetic potency in humans. Common side effects include: lightheadedness, drowsiness, dizziness, apprehension, euphoria, tinnitus, blurred or double vision, vomiting, sensations of heat, cold or numbness, twitching and tremors, disorientation, confusion, psychosis, nervousness, agitation, nausea, difficulty swallowing, slurred speech.

It causes destabilization and reduces the anesthetic potency, plus having at least one of those common side effects mentioned above it would be difficult to fall asleep..
  • Thanks for these great "insights" to both of you!

Yes, the propofol-weight-cause-and-effect-chain (what a word, lol) seems convincing.

And as he stated before: "I can`t tour. It`ll kill me. I wouldn`t eat, I wouldn`t drink." And he is known for having suffered of dehydration before. And it is said he was introduced to propofol as early as on the dangerous tour (and having his private anesthesist for administering him propofol during history tour as well).
  • i think he lost all the weight from stress.
  • King_MichaelKing_Michael Posts: 367
    Whatever it is he wasn't looking good his last days, in this is it if orange pants is really him then wow it looks like he lost like 50 pounds it was disgusting to see him in that state
  • mjj29081958mjj29081958 Posts: 451
    He was also taking these "ECA Stack" tablets, remember?
  • If had to make a choice between either "eat/drink" or "sleep", he might have used thse ECA to supress hunger. Oh my ... for me this all makes sense now ...
  • mjsgirl89mjsgirl89 Posts: 378
    just wondering...if he was using propofol during HIStory tour...why did he gain so much wait?

I really don't think he was on propofol the "last days" ...I think it was stress...and maybe to make it look like he was on propofol...or maybe a double cuz there are the pics from like the 1st day he got the curls back (around May 21st or June 1st) where he looks great and healthy...than pics a few days later at the forum where he's extremely thin...really odd if U ask me <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->