Katherine Jackson May Have Screwed Herself

SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
edited January 1970 in News
Katherine Jackson May Have Screwed Herself
Originally posted 4 minutes ago by TMZ Staff

Katherine Jackson's quest for money may have just cost her dearly ... because TMZ has obtained legal papers from a South Korean newspaper that is going after everything she makes ... until she pays off a $13 million debt.

0624-katherine-jackson-ex-1.jpg

Segye Times, a South Korean newspaper, filed papers with the Michael Jackson estate, informing the court it got a judgment against Katherine in 1994 for $4 million. That's when the newspaper advanced Katherine, Joe and Jermaine $5.5 million for a series of Jackson family concerts that never took place.

Segye claims with interest the judgment now exceeds $13 million, and it wants an order from the judge forcing the estate to pay Segye any money the estate might pay Katherine.

Now here's how Katherine screwed herself. By making all the deals she's been making -- for books, gala events and such -- she's made it clear to the world her goal is to roll in dough and Segye has taken notice.

<!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/2010/06/24/katherine ... tate-debt/<!-- m -->

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Comments

• mjaliveomgmjaliveomg Posts: 178
    Looks like tmz is trying to show us that MJ's Parents are only interested on his money..
    strange <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • meheremehere Posts: 558
    IMHO....

Just another strange almost to the point of ridiculous tabloid story... ya know? Sound familiar?
    Maybe I'm just flat out naive, but I would think that a prominent family such as the Jackson's would have some sort of business, financial advisors. And not that she is not capable, but Mrs. Jackson is making her own business deals at her age without consulting anyone?

It's almost surreal.
  • ForstAMoonForstAMoon Posts: 1,126
    so this newspaper has been waiting almost 17 years after getting judgment... sure

edit: 17 yrs... even better
  • Iused2dreamIused2dream Posts: 300
    At first I thought this story was a joke, but then I found this story from 8/5/2009 by E! News so.... <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: -->
    http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b137964_michael_jackson_wasnt_much_of_seoul_man.html?utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=rss_topstories

Michael Jackson Wasn't Much of a Seoul Man
    Wed., Aug. 5, 2009 5:30 PM PDT by Natalie Finn

Ebet Roberts/Getty Images
    Maybe Michael Jackson's estate can commission Bill Clinton to exercise some diplomacy in South Korea this time.

A Seoul newspaper, claiming it was stiffed by Jackson's mother, father and brother back in the 1990s, has filed court papers seeking nearly $7.9 million from the King of Pop's estate.

The Segye Times sued Michael, Katherine, Joe and Jermaine Jackson in 1990, claiming it paid the family $5.5 million to put on a series of concerts in South Korea that ultimately never took place.

Michael settled out of court in 1992, but a $4 million judgment was entered against his codefendants in 1994 after they didn't show up for trial.

And they never made good, according to the Segye Times' filing. Factoring in interest, the paper says it's now owed a sum closer to $8 million.

And now that Katherine is a beneficiary of her late son's sizable, albeit debt-riddled, fortune, why not tap into that goldmine for a little payback?

Katherine Jackson's attorney, L. Londell McMillan, had no comment on the matter.

________

Read more: <!-- m -->http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b137964 ... z0sBED16ob<!-- m -->
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    At first I thought this story was a joke, but then I found this story from 8/5/2009 by E! News so.... <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: -->
    http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b137964_michael_jackson_wasnt_much_of_seoul_man.html?utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=rss_topstories

Michael Jackson Wasn't Much of a Seoul Man
    Wed., Aug. 5, 2009 5:30 PM PDT by Natalie Finn

Ebet Roberts/Getty Images
    Maybe Michael Jackson's estate can commission Bill Clinton to exercise some diplomacy in South Korea this time.

A Seoul newspaper, claiming it was stiffed by Jackson's mother, father and brother back in the 1990s, has filed court papers seeking nearly $7.9 million from the King of Pop's estate.

The Segye Times sued Michael, Katherine, Joe and Jermaine Jackson in 1990, claiming it paid the family $5.5 million to put on a series of concerts in South Korea that ultimately never took place.

Michael settled out of court in 1992, but a $4 million judgment was entered against his codefendants in 1994 after they didn't show up for trial.

And they never made good, according to the Segye Times' filing. Factoring in interest, the paper says it's now owed a sum closer to $8 million.

And now that Katherine is a beneficiary of her late son's sizable, albeit debt-riddled, fortune, why not tap into that goldmine for a little payback?

Katherine Jackson's attorney, L. Londell McMillan, had no comment on the matter.

________

Read more: <!-- m -->http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b137964 ... z0sBED16ob<!-- m -->

So it got from 7.9 million to 13 million in less then 11 months? I wish my bank gave me that much interest!

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• nefarinefari Posts: 1,227
    OMG look at this closer and sorry if this has already been posted elsewhere but LOOKIE
    Michael Jackson Wasn't Much of a "Seoul Man"

This is just a play on the words "Seoul Man"....so close to that old guy that died or that we think died!!! Shawn Soul or whatever his name is???
  • Looks like tmz is trying to show us that MJ's Parents are only interested on his money..
    strange <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

If that were really true that would be sick!!! Joe i can see but Katherine no way at all
    Yeah, let's forget about those millions for 16 years... More BS, but what's the story behind it? Or is TMZ just keeping Mike in the news?

• billiejean17billiejean17 Posts: 266
    TMZ can go Screw them selves!
  • DoDo Posts: 850
    Yeah, let's forget about those millions for 16 years... More BS, but what's the story behind it? Or is TMZ just keeping Mike in the news?

I guess so Souza, I get this feeling more and more everyday, we're being taken advantage of. Everything to keep the hoax/Michael alive and maintain the high number of hits on their site, everytime they post a ridiculous story. Made up 'clues' and stories to keep us guessing. Or am I too negative right now? (I'm so sorry, I really really have an off-day today <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: --> <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: -->)
  • CCCC Posts: 2,136
    OMG look at this closer and sorry if this has already been posted elsewhere but LOOKIE
    Michael Jackson Wasn't Much of a "Seoul Man"

This is just a play on the words "Seoul Man"....so close to that old guy that died or that we think died!!! Shawn Soul or whatever his name is???

i thought the same... SOULE SHAUN... <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
  • chappiechappie Posts: 529
    <!-- m -->http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m ... _18267218/<!-- m -->

I guess Michael had nothing to do with it.
    Perhaps it shows that his parents and brother didn't do what they promised.
    But I never thought that Joe and Katherine did business together..... <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    Or it is all BS
    So lets mail the newspaper.
    Chappie
    http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0EIN/is_1996_May_9/ai_18267218/

I guess Michael had nothing to do with it.
    Perhaps it shows that his parents and brother didn't do what they promised.
    But I never thought that Joe and Katherine did business together..... <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    Or it is all BS
    So lets mail the newspaper.
    Chappie

I red about this Korean deal in the Magic and the Madness. Joe and Katherine (yes also Katherine because she was the one they thought who could convince Michael) were doing business with the Koreans about a concert with the Jacksons and Michael. After much begging and pleading (and there was also a reward of 1 million dollars for the person who could persuade Michael in doing the concert and there were lots of gifts from the Koreans to everybody who knew Michael and who could convince him in joining) Michael finally agreed (against his own feelings about it) to participate. But the Koreans wanted him to sing the Korean anthem in Korean language and in Korean clothing. That's why the whole deal ultimately fell apart. I'm not sure if the Koreans immediately sued Joe and Katherine for not following the deal they made. I'll have to look it up.
  • mjj29081958mjj29081958 Posts: 451
    I guess so Souza, I get this feeling more and more everyday, we're being taken advantage of. Everything to keep the hoax/Michael alive and maintain the high number of hits on their site, everytime they post a ridiculous story. Made up 'clues' and stories to keep us guessing. Or am I too negative right now? (I'm so sorry, I really really have an off-day today <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: --> <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: -->)

No, you are not too negative. I've got the same feeling and I've stated that here before.

I hope you feel better soon!.
  • sk2001sk2001 Posts: 238

i agree and really if you watch their live videos on their website, its not like harvey when answering questions about mj gives any new info. he always says stuff in general sense. most of whats been discussed on here anyway. and its a known fact now that they know about us for sure.
    they sure know how to keep the number of viewers hitting their site up.
    i dont go on there anymore.. whats the point of going to tmz for more info when the whole thing is about not believing media..
    umm helllooo!!!

No, you are not too negative. I've got the same feeling and I've stated that here before.

I hope you feel better soon!.

Awwww thank you so much mjj29081958, I really needed to hear that! It's just too much, clues are coming from everyone and everywhere, it's just not beLIEveble anymore.
    I hope we can support eachother in KEEPING THE FAITH, because I really really want Michael to come back. And I'm sure he gave us clues, but lately it is JUST TOO MUCH and I don't believe that all those people/companies or whatever are in on the hoax. It just can't be. LOVE to you!
  • CCCC Posts: 2,136
    ON FRIDAY I WAS WATCHING E! THS (I THINK) AND THEY ARE TALKING A LOT ABOUT THE BEGINNING OF THE J5 AND ALL THAT... THEN THEY SAY SOMETHING ABOUT VICTORY TOUR AND I HAVE THIS AROUND MY HEAD SINCE THAT... THEY SAY THAT KATHERINE WAS ASKING MJ TO DO THIS TOUR FOR HIS BROTHERS, TO HELP HIS BROTHERS (FINANCIALLY) HE ACEPT TO DO IT, HE GAVE TO CHARITY HIS MONEY (5 MILLIONS, WHY NOT TO HIS BROTHERS WHO NEED IT?) AND MAKE A DEAL WITH PEPSI FOR TWO COMMERCIALS (THE ONE WITH HIS BROTHERS, THE PEPSI ACCIDENT, DREAMS).
    SO, MAYBE THEY OWN MJ THIS FAVOR BUT ARE AGAINST ALL THIS HOAX THING...
    AND ANOTHER THING, THEY WERE TALKING ABOUT THE SONY DEAL, AND SAY THAT MJ HAVE TO DO 6 ALBUM AND A MOVIE FOR SONY :
    INVINCIBLE
    NUMBER ONES
    THRILLER 25 ANNIVERSARY
    THIS IS IT
    THIS IS IT - THE MOVIE

I CAN´T REMEMBER THE DATE OF THE DEAL SO I CAN´T PUT EXACTLY WHAT ARE THE ALBUM... BU TI THINK THAT THE MOVIE AND THE ALBUM OF TII ARE PART OF THIS SONY DEAL <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->

i agree and really if you watch their live videos on their website, its not like harvey when answering questions about mj gives any new info. he always says stuff in general sense. most of whats been discussed on here anyway. and its a known fact now that they know about us for sure.
    i dont go on there anymore.. whats the point of going to tmz for more info when the whole thing is about not believing media..
    umm helllooo!!!

I meant to keep him in the news for the sake of the hoax, in a positive way. I am still convinced TMZ plays a big role here.

umm helllooo!!!

Yes, you're so right, and I haven't visit their site for a long time now. Every story that's posted on TMZ I'm reading over here. And that's enough!!

umm helllooo!!!

I meant to keep him in the news for the sake of the hoax, in a positive way. I am still convinced TMZ plays a big role here.

Hi Souza, I pray this is true, but I can't shake my feelings about this. Like I've said, it's too much right now. It feels like everybody wants to get a piece of the pie. But I do hope you're right, and I'll be here for as long as this site will excist!!!
  • mjj29081958mjj29081958 Posts: 451
    What Do says is very much reasonable if you think about it.

Honestly, how many of us (not US people and no native english speakers) knew what TMZ is before June 25th? If you did, how many times to week did you check out that site, before June 2009?... Now they get hits from all around the world, just for letting us know Murray got a hair cut...
    What Do says is very much reasonable if you think about it.

Honestly, how many of us (not US people and no native english speakers) knew what TMZ is before June 25th? If you did, how many times to week did you check out that site, before June 2009?... Now they get hits from all around the world, just for letting us know Murray got a hair cut...

Heeeheeee, you really make me laugh!!! And you are soooooo right about TMZ and their stories (hahaha about the hair cut of Conrad!)
    But I hope what Souza said holds a bit of the truth. That they are posting to keep the interest in Michael and the hoax going. But on the other side, 'till when? There comes a day that it's becoming absurd and noone will believe them anymore. Or is this what Michael wants, to point out the absurdity in the stories the media writes about him?
  • It is all about MONey MONey MOney...for all the participants in this sad story.
    We love you sweet Michael!!!
  • I believe TMZ is telling the truth in this instance. Katherine and Joe have both filed for bankruptcy. At one time, they owed multimillions. The reason why the family home in Encino was almost foreclosed on was because they used it as collateral for a loan. I believe Michael paid for that and then gave it to them.

I think Michael is using TMZ to give us clues. I say that because TMZ was the first to break the news of his death....that was no accident. I think they were "given" the break so that Michael could use them for ongoing messages. And I think he has used them very effectively. If you think about it, he gave them credibility in the news industry by breaking the story of his death.(There are multiple articles related to this on the internet.) Now he is using them to break ongoing stories about him. Other networks and publications are watching them now...they're not just considered another tabloid since Michael's death.

Somehow I think his mother's finances are tied to the Bam. I just haven't figured it out yet. I don't think that the Las Vegas story today is a coincidence either, especially since we have been talking about the possibility that he is living in his Las Vegas "Neverland."

I still believe the Bam will be played out in court...but not in criminal charges, but in financial/estate/will issues. Only my opinion...
  • This is a bunch of BS tabloid stuff. The reason I am saying this, is if there was a contract signed it would have been signed in the United States, because that is where everyone lived. The statue of limitations for the United States is 7 years. People can not come after you for money if there had been no other contact with them within 7 years. I doubt that they stayed on Katherine about getting the money. The time has run out! They cannot get any money from Katherine. This is a bunch of doodoo!!! 14 years, come on. If there was no statue of limitations, people could wait until the bill is in the billions before they try to get money. If Katherine is making any money, it is from the estate of Michael, They cannot come after the estate. There is also a time limit as to when someone can put a claim on an estate, i believe it is 6 months, then the estate needs to go to court and get the money divied out. Why is there no time limit on MJ's estate. The claims should have stopped on December 25th 2009, not continue until every Tom, Dick or Harry gets a piece of Mj's pie. If that is the case, we all deserve a piece of the pie. Look at how many sleepless nights, worryful nights and cryful nights, we have all spent the past year. We should get something for pain and suffering. Of course, i am just joking around just to show how ridiculous this is. I hope TMZ posted this just to get a good laugh out of it.