R.K. Bain misses Jackson

Lady JLady J Posts: 455
edited January 1970 in News
<!-- m -->http://china.org.cn/arts/2010-06/25/con ... 351347.htm<!-- m -->

Jackson wanted to sing at 2008 Olympics, spokeswoman says By Keen Zhang
0 CommentsPrint E-mail China.org.cn, June 25, 2010 Adjust font size:

Raymone K. Bain

"Michael wanted to come to China very much," said Raymone K. Bain, spokeswoman for Michael Jackson.

"He loved Chinese fans. He even submitted an application to sing at the Beijing Olympics, but the Olympic committee said they would consider it and never got back to us."

Bain worked for Jackson from 2003 to 2005, during his child molestation trial, and then became his manager in 2006. Before that, Bain also represented many big names such as Muhammad Ali, Mike Tyson, Babyface, Boyz II Men, Serena Williams and Marion Barry, former mayor of Washington, D.C.

She refinanced Jackson's debt, managed his career during a tough time in his life and helped him deal with a series of lawsuits.

Bain started discussions with AEG Live – the company that runs many of the biggest concerts in the U.S. – about Jackson's comeback concert. She also organized an all-star charity project, I Have This Dream, but this has not been successful.

In 2007 Jackson fired Bain, and she filed lawsuit against him in May 2009 asking for her share, just one month before the King of Pop died.

But Bain only has the fondest memories and admiration for Jackson, despite the lawsuit, and she tried to help find justice for him.

"We hope fans can join together to persuade the district attorney to change the involuntary manslaughter charge to second degree murder," Bain said. She said she believes that Jackson was murdered.

"I knew it was murder from the day one," Bain said.

"The doctor use anesthetics to treat his insomnia, and Propofol should only be used in hospital where the patient can be monitored by experts and equipment," she said. "The doctor didn't tell the paramedics what he administered into Jackson's body; he was hiding something."

"The doctor should be put behind bars for very long time," she added.

When asked about Jackson's huge debt, Bain explained that it was caused by the high interest rates. But she said Jackson's estate was worth $3 billion, so by comparison the $300 million is nothing to worry about.

"He had some cash flow problems, but he was never broke," Bain said.

Bain said much about Jackson's legacy and the lost songs. "He told me that he wrote thousands of songs for his children, who will be taken care of for the rest of their life," she said.

Bain listened to Jackson's last new songs, and arranged several popular producers and songwriters, like Akon and Will.i.am, to collaborate with Jackson. "Michael let me hear his new songs in Ireland and Las Vegas," she said. "They are great songs – brilliant. Michael is a genius."

Despite the fact that Jackson continued to write, Bain only managed to help him release an album for the 25th anniversary of Thriller, instead of a new album. "Michael couldn't get a satisfying contract at that time," she said.

But now he has. Sony Music signed a 250 million recording deal with Jackson estate in March. Sony will release 10 projects over the next 7 years, including an album of new songs set to be released in November.

"We have many plans," she said. "We would like to do a world tour after the London concerts. Michael always wanted to do movies, and he wanted to do a 3-D CGI feature animation. He had many brilliant ideas."

Bain said she never saw Jackson use drugs, and when she finished watching Jackson in his movie, This Is It, she couldn't help but shake her head.

"Michael should be with us now," she said. "He should not be dead.

"I still cannot believe we lost Michael forever. And I miss him very much."

Comments

• palmprepalmpre Posts: 181
    hmm, i thought this woman sued michael? Am im wrong?

"He loved Chinese fans. He even submitted an application to sing at the Beijing Olympics, but the Olympic committee said they would consider it and never got back to us."

Huh?
  • simplymesimplyme Posts: 649

Huh?
    She did sue Michael. That's business. That doesn't mean she didn't care about Michael and admire him. She brokered a lot of deals for Michael. If she didn't get her cut, she should. She's okay.
    I'm with her on the murder. I thought the same from day one also. That's what I thought this whole mess was about. A murder cover-up. If that's the case, I'll bet they never planned on all of us either. I want to see Michael completely vindicated. I want the justice system to start raising their eyebrows at Sneddon [not that they didn't know to begin with]. But I want them forced to do something. Please subscribe to William Wagener's channel. It's like Jesse Ventura - He won't run for president unless he sees some work first. He wants to see the support. William needs to see those subscribers rolling in. I know you all are waiting for the BAM day but in the meantime you can help in other ways. Please visit his channel and subscribe.
  • hmm, i thought this woman sued michael? Am im wrong?

Huh?
    She did sue Michael. That's business. That doesn't mean she didn't care about Michael and admire him. She brokered a lot of deals for Michael. If she didn't get her cut, she should. She's okay.
    I'm with her on the murder. I thought the same from day one also. That's what I thought this whole mess was about. A murder cover-up. If that's the case, I'll bet they never planned on all of us either. I want to see Michael completely vindicated. I want the justice system to start raising their eyebrows at Sneddon [not that they didn't know to begin with]. But I want them forced to do something. Please subscribe to William Wagener's channel. It's like Jesse Ventura - He won't run for president unless he sees some work first. He wants to see the support. William needs to see those subscribers rolling in. I know you all are waiting for the BAM day but in the meantime you can help in other ways. Please visit his channel and subscribe.

I'm with you regarding a Murder & attempted Cover-up, SimplyMe! I will subscribe to W. Wagener's Channel. I want to see those responsible brought to justice. I just hope they are not so powerful they can get away with it, that's what worries me the most. The more people they can get to fall for a hoax, the less people to demand someone pay for MJ's murder.
  • MJnycfanMJnycfan Posts: 1
    "We would like to do a world tour after the London concerts"

Ummmm.....this would only be possible if MJ is alive, like many of us hope. Otherwise, who would be touring?! <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • mjssoulmatemjssoulmate Posts: 820
    "We have many plans," she said. "We would like to do a world tour after the London concerts. Michael always wanted to do movies, and he wanted to do a 3-D CGI feature animation. He had many brilliant ideas."

Is this taken out of context? Who is we? What has she got to do with a world tour after London concerts? she had nothing to do with the London concerts. She was fired.
  • simalvessimalves Posts: 730
    I think the 44 million claim is just another PR stunt. It is supposed to show us that Michael earned a huge amount in those years and was never in debt. Of course she is not going to get that much money in settlement, but it is an eye opener for those who thought Michael was broke.

And if she could do that for Michael, she is still on his side. Just think about it - if you have a boss who owes you money would you ever talk kindly of him???
  • darkchilddarkchild Posts: 1,161

Is this taken out of context? Who is we? What has she got to do with a world tour after London concerts? she had nothing to do with the London concerts. She was fired.

That section of the article leaped off of the page. Why is she talking in the present tense????? <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> Hmmmmmmmm, only one answer comes to mind: MJ is alive! I guess my Daddy is coming home! <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) --> God bless you, mjssoulmate! Good catch! <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->

Written by a chinese person not terribly fluent in English?

Huh?

I'm with you regarding a Murder & attempted Cover-up, SimplyMe! I will subscribe to W. Wagener's Channel. I want to see those responsible brought to justice. I just hope they are not so powerful they can get away with it, that's what worries me the most. The more people they can get to fall for a hoax, the less people to demand someone pay for MJ's murder.

Thank you so much dear heart.
    I think the 44 million claim is just another PR stunt. It is supposed to show us that Michael earned a huge amount in those years and was never in debt. Of course she is not going to get that much money in settlement, but it is an eye opener for those who thought Michael was broke.

And if she could do that for Michael, she is still on his side. Just think about it - if you have a boss who owes you money would you ever talk kindly of him???

Yes I would talk kindly of someone that owed me money, depending on the relationship and circumstances to begin with. This is not the first time she spoke about this either. I don't think it's a PR stunt. She was supposed to get a cut of the brokering she did. If she doesn't have the documentation to back up that she didn't get it she wouldn't be filing. She's no dummy.

Written by a chinese person not terribly fluent in English?

Forgot to add that there were already talks going on with AEG and probably talks about what to do after London. No doubt they were all over the board with ideas.