Chris Brown told to cry during Michael Jackson tribute...

mac5kmac5k Posts: 338
edited January 1970 in News
Chris Brown told to cry during Michael Jackson tribute at BET Awards?

R&B singer Lloyd says he told Chris Brown to cry during his tribute performance to Michael Jackson at the BET Awards on Sunday, seen as his comeback following a turbulent year that saw him struggling to rebuild his image following his 2009 assault case involving then-girlfriend Rihanna.

"All the people who wrote him out, I think that they're going to find a place in their hearts for him again," Lloyd told Rap-Up magazine in a video interview after the awards. "I told him man, you gotta get up there, you gotta cry, you gotta really show your heart to the world and they'll understand."

Brown has not responded to Lloyd's comments. Brown sang and danced to a Michael Jackson medley at the awards and broke down crying as he began singing "Man in the Mirror".

"I think time heals all wounds and I think the spirit of Michael Jackson definitely carries over to the new generation," Lloyd said. "I'm really happy that he's back. He did his thing."

http://www.ontheredcarpet.com/2010/06/chris-brown-told-to-cry-for-michael-jackson-tribute-at-bet-awards.html

Comments

• palmprepalmpre Posts: 181
    bullshit!
  • bullshit!
    Agree!!!!!!!!!
  • nefarinefari Posts: 1,227
    I'm a Chris fan and this is such BS!!!! I think Chris always has been a fan of Michael's and I really do not think his tears looked fake. He didn't act fake to me at all. Sorry if some people don't agree but show the man some love. Give him at least one chance to change and be a good guy. I'm mad at him for what he has done in the past but people CAN and DO change.
  • OneLoveOneLove Posts: 470
    Chris is a singer not an actor! Those tears were real!
  • LonelynationLonelynation Posts: 277
    I guess I'll go against the grain and say I personally think it was fake. I don't doubt his love for Michael, but I doubt his sincerity when it came to the tears.
  • MJFAN7MJFAN7 Posts: 3,063
    BSmeter.gif
  • hesouttamylifehesouttamylife Posts: 5,393
    No one cake fake emotion like that. A few crocodile tears maybe, but Chris was completely torn. I heard that Lloyd told him that and I don't believe it one bit. Perhaps the people who never want to see Chris Brown's career revived is behind this rumor. Just what is Lloyd doing now? NOTHING <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
  • HazzelyHazzely Posts: 1,443
    BSmeter.gif

omg that BS meter is awesome
    LOL
    We need a bigger one to measure the BS told about Michael..but it wouldn't fit here
  • LonelynationLonelynation Posts: 277
    BSmeter.gif

LOL
    We need a bigger one for the BS told about Michael..but it wouldn't fit here

Haha isn't that the truth
    BSmeter.gif

LOL
    We need a bigger one to measure the BS told about Michael..but it wouldn't fit here
    <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    edit
  • lomaloma Posts: 1,366
    I haven't even seen the tribute yet,
    But we have to keep an open mind about this.
    Chris's tears may have been fake.
    He has a lot to cry about,
    And the song may have touched him.
    You never know.
    It worked, because lots of people were sympathetic.
  • jilljill Posts: 917
    Is there a video of Chris Brown in this performance? If so, can someone post it please. I did not get to see the BET awards. Thanks
  • looking4truthlooking4truth Posts: 1,450
    I really do not think Chris faked those tears at all. I don't know how anyone can look at that and think that unless the person was watching the tribute from a bias view. And let's say what Lloyd said was true. It still doesn't mean he faked his tears. It could mean that Chris put his all into the performance and felt the moment completely. Lloyd didn't say fake the tears. He said show your heart and emotions on that stage. And he did just that authentically in my opinion. When Michael performed that song, Man In The Mirror, he always put his heart and soul into it so why would it be a problem if someone told Chris to do the same?
  • AvaMarieAvaMarie Posts: 714
    I don't think his tears were fake. I know Michael is Chris' idol. So I believe there were a few things going through his head. I think he was crying over Michael but also the last year are so hasn't been good to him. He probably had to take a good look in the mirror. So the song probably spoke to him in a personal way. But I don't believe his tears were fake.
  • SweetnessSweetness Posts: 39
    No one cake fake emotion like that. A few crocodile tears maybe, but Chris was completely torn. I heard that Lloyd told him that and I don't believe it one bit. Perhaps the people who never want to see Chris Brown's career revived is behind this rumor. Just what is Lloyd doing now? NOTHING <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
    Meryl Streep does it for a living and is damn good at it too....just saying <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> but I do not for one minute doubt his love and fanship to Mike one bit. besides how can we call out little Paris Jackson on her fake tears (No offense) but say bs to anyone who doubts o'l Chris Breezy's. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> Again....just saying.
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    They looked fake to me right off, but he still may feel real sadness and love for Michael and grief for his own troubles, at the same time. He's a seasoned stage performer.
  • sweet1sweet1 Posts: 312

That's not true at all. Actors do it all of the time in movies? They can cry from the depths of their inner being on que at the drop of a hat. Chris was doing exactly what he was told. He cried and made it as real as possible. He did exactly what he set out to do. He got the fans to forgive and forget. I mean come on! He was banned from the U.K. and his record sales had dropped since that incident with Rihanna. Her records sales have plummetted. I am thankful that he's making a comeback thanks to MJ. Keep the Faith!
  • bullshit!
    Agree!!!!!!!!!

double agree
  • missdanipytmissdanipyt Posts: 412
    bullshit!
    Agree!!!!!!!!!

double agree

TRIPLE AGREE! I believe chris was totally sincere.
  • MJFAN7MJFAN7 Posts: 3,063
    BSmeter.gif

LOL
    We need a bigger one for the BS told about Michael..but it wouldn't fit here

Haha isn't that the truth
    <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

<!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    Yeah, you're right, Hazzely! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • simalvessimalves Posts: 730
    Chris sobbed and did try to sing through his tears. I have seen a Chris movie and he is not such a good actor. However if he did act on stage, that was an Oscar winning performance. Maybe Michael can see that he gets nominated after this reality movie gets wrapped up.

The part that touched me the most was the way Jermaine greeted him after he finished - that was very well scripted <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
  • ER911ER911 Posts: 248
    I think that we are misunderstanding Lloyds words. It seems to me the words are being taken out of context. I read his words to Chris as to simply pour his heart out, even if it meant crying.

Either way, we have the choice to make our own decisions, but I think that one thing is clear in that Chris truly loved Michael. Chris & his personal life IMO are a separate issue that should not be confused with the relationship that he & Michael had.
  • gloveloveglovelove Posts: 192
    To me personally it looked fake thats just my opinion though. This reminded me of when MJ used to break down in the middle of a performance <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    watch on from 2:45 <!-- m -->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt-B1SmoewE<!-- m -->