Rob Lowe's Half-Billion $$$ Media Project

LonelynationLonelynation Posts: 277
edited January 1970 in News
Originally posted Jun 29th 2010 2:50 PM PDT by TMZ Staff

Rob Lowe is at dinner in London right now, discussing what sources tell us is a "major, major, major media deal."

0629-lowe-exc-video-credit.jpg

WATCH VIDEO: <!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/videos?autoplay=true ... 6826e6859a<!-- m -->

We got video of Lowe, entering the C London restaurant with Tom Barrack, President of Colony Capital which co-owns Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch, along with the MJ estate. Lowe and Barrack are having dinner with Flavio Briatore, a major Formula One player, and Giuseppe Cipriani -- the owner of the restaurant.

Sources say the foursome is discussing a $500 million deal to create "a multi-platform media company, similar to DreamWorks."

We're told the deal involves, among other things, TV, movie and Internet production.

<!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/2010/06/29/rob-lowes ... -internet/<!-- m -->

Comments

• LonelynationLonelynation Posts: 277
    Is this not significant? Maybe I misunderstood it...
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    Oh I do think it's interesting. Gonna think about this.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• palmprepalmpre Posts: 181
    Does this have anything to with Michael?
  • looking4truthlooking4truth Posts: 1,450
    Originally posted Jun 29th 2010 2:50 PM PDT by TMZ Staff

Rob Lowe is at dinner in London right now, discussing what sources tell us is a "major, major, major media deal."

0629-lowe-exc-video-credit.jpg

WATCH VIDEO: <!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/videos?autoplay=true ... 6826e6859a<!-- m -->

We got video of Lowe, entering the C London restaurant with Tom Barrack, President of Colony Capital which co-owns Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch, along with the MJ estate. Lowe and Barrack are having dinner with Flavio Briatore, a major Formula One player, and Giuseppe Cipriani -- the owner of the restaurant.

Sources say the foursome is discussing a $500 million deal to create "a multi-platform media company, similar to DreamWorks."

We're told the deal involves, among other things, TV, movie and Internet production.

<!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/2010/06/29/rob-lowes ... -internet/<!-- m -->

It is interesting that this detail is mentioned in this article as if to tell believers, hey read me! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> I wouldn't be surprise if MJ is involved. I keep getting this feeling that--to quote BACK--"this is not a comeback but a TAKEOVER."
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    --to quote BACK--"this is not a comeback but a TAKEOVER."

I feel this very strongly. A quiet revolution by MJ unfolding before our eyes.
  • heisinme09heisinme09 Posts: 494

I like the way you think, MJonmind!
  • heisinme09heisinme09 Posts: 494
    Anybody aware of any previous connection between MJ and Rob Lowe?
  • Wow - this is interesting. It would be totally awesome if MJ is involved behind the scenes.
  • mjj4ever777mjj4ever777 Posts: 1,467
    Lowe "BALLIN" as in Ballin from smooth criminal...faked death hmmm...
  • cin_pytcin_pyt Posts: 632
    yes, I agree the MAN is taking over silently when they wake up and smell da coffee the man gonna everything. Mike you always outwitting ppl. The song "Threatened" come to mind go boy!!! <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • PinkTopazPinkTopaz Posts: 1,013

Y-e-a-h! That boi's gonna take over all right- he got the powah!
  • ForstAMoonForstAMoon Posts: 1,126

i do not find yet any info on the direct connection, but the former nanny that sued Rob Lowe in 2008 was represented by Gloria Allred, the same attorney that sent the letter to California child protection services I guess, after Berlin balcony Blanket story.

MJ's "tell her to go to hell" was directed to Gloria.

I can imagine that Hollywood uses same lawyers so do not know of there is any link behind this connection. <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • msteetee34msteetee34 Posts: 1,234

Well there's a web site called Who's dated who. The web site is about celebs who have dated or married each other and I remember seeing on Janet's dating page that she once dated Rob Lowe. I don't know if it's true because I was suprised when I saw it myself. Then I looked at MJ's dating page who once listed Lisa Marie and she has been removed for some reason. So if Rob Lowe really dated Janet in the past there may be a connection if it's true. Here's the web site: http://www.whosdatedwho.com/celebrities/people/dating/janet-jackson.htm
  • Article found at <!-- m -->http://www.movieline.com<!-- m -->

rob lowprah
    By the Way, Rob Lowe is the New Oprah

Written by Louis Virtel | 29 Jun 2010, 7:20 PM | 2 comments

roblowe225.jpgThe good news: Rob Lowe is turning into the scheming capitalist from Tommy Boy that you always wanted him to be. The bad news: He is taking over the planet, and you’re not invited. The Brothers and Sisters actor is reportedly teaming up with very powerful people for a lucrative multimedia deal, and he’s also releasing a memoir and trying out a gig as a reality TV producer. If he’s the new Oprah, I hope he considers giving iPods and $10,000 checks to less fortunate Brat Packers. Eye-popping details follow.

According to TMZ, Lowe was seen at a dinner discussing a deal to create an Earth-debilitating multimedia deal.

“We got video of Lowe, entering the C London restaurant with Tom Barrack, President of Colony Capital which co-owns Michael Jackson’s Neverland Ranch, along with the MJ estate. Lowe and Barrack are having dinner with Flavio Briatore, a major Formula One player, and Giuseppe Cipriani — the owner of the restaurant.

Sources say the foursome is discussing a $500 million deal to create “a multi-platform media company, similar to DreamWorks.”

If that’s not enough, his new memoir Stories I Only Tell My Friends, described as a “a mid-career meditation on his four decades as an actor,” and upcoming reality series Potomac Fever are set to clog the pop cosmos in 2011. Lowe will produce the latter project, which is a lifestyle series in the vein of the Real Housewives franchise.

See, he knows exactly what you want. You thought he would enjoy a short arc on Parks and Recreation and leave you alone. Soon you’ll watch those reruns on the ROB L-OWN Network. I kind of can’t wait either.

Rob Lowe’s Half-Billion $$$ Media Project [TMZ]

**********************************************************************************************

Does anyone else think that the vocabulary...."Earth-debilitating"....quoted from TMZ is rather peculiar?????
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    If there is any connection to Michael?, We will have to be vigilant <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->
  • suspicious mindsuspicious mind Posts: 5,984
    i may be wrong but wasn't that the term micheal used to discribe the girl in the you rock my world video ballin?

nevermind that was another term <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: -->
  • "a multi-platform media company, similar to DreamWorks."

What was the connection with MJ and Dreamworks? Did they take the idea from him? I remember something was said about the similarity in the logos (Neverland/DreamWorks).

Does anyone remember this being mentioned?
  • AvaMarieAvaMarie Posts: 714
    "a multi-platform media company, similar to DreamWorks."

What was the connection with MJ and Dreamworks? Did they take the idea from him? I remember something was said about the similarity in the logos (Neverland/DreamWorks).

Does anyone remember this being mentioned?
    Didn't Michael say Steven Spielberg stole his Dreamworks logo from him?
  • DancingTheDreamDancingTheDream Posts: 4,923
    If there is any connection to Michael?, We will have to be vigilant <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->

What is Neverland if not a connection to Michael???
  • pepperpepper Posts: 558
    Well, this is interesting...

rob-lowe.jpg
    <!-- m -->http://www.stars-plastic-surgery.com/im ... b-lowe.jpg<!-- m -->

Rob Lowe Plastic Surgery
    Actor Rob Lowe has been rumored to have had plastic surgery, especially being criticized for having a face that looks too tight for some of his fans. Looking at his chin, there is a considerable difference comparing these pictures, in the second one, while the distance from the lower lip to the border of the chin maintains its proportion, the mandibular line has changed a lot, giving the impression that he may have had a chin implant.

His facial expression in general looks also a bit "frozen" what could be a sign of a facelift, the use of fillers and botox injections. To avoid deep expression lines and wrinkles some patients go for implants or fillers instead of the classical lift to avoid being too "tight" but this needs to be perform carefully and taking in count each patient situation.

But it doesn't mean that it needs to stay like that, after a facelift the patient may need sometime for it to settle right.
    <!-- m -->http://www.stars-plastic-surgery.com/ro ... rgery.html<!-- m -->

And this comment from that page...

written by Christianne, January 03, 2008
    looks like he had chin implant. Looks remarkably like Michael Jackson.

<!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • palmprepalmpre Posts: 181
    ^^ Sorry but Michael is not going to use a white man to play him in a movie <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->