CIA looking to start trouble in Iran

Truth_or_DareTruth_or_Dare Posts: 299
edited January 1970 in General Discussion
<!-- m -->http://networkedblogs.com/5Uow2<!-- m -->

<!-- s:evil: -->:evil:<!-- s:evil: --> <!-- s:evil: -->:evil:<!-- s:evil: --> <!-- s:evil: -->:evil:<!-- s:evil: -->
Iran scientist: CIA offered me $50m to lie about nuclear secrets

Most people are not going to take an Iranian scientist’s words over the official version of the CIA. People also find it normal that Osama BinLadin would visit a CIA hospital while being one of the world’s most sought after terrorists. Oh well. For those of you who have an interest in what’s behind the scenes, here is the article featuring both versions. The CIA’s and the Iranian scientist’s who claims they were trying to buy him to provide them with false allegations against the Iranian government to hype up the war machinery.

An Iranian scientist who says he was abducted and taken to the United States by the CIA returned to Tehran yesterday to a hero’s welcome and claimed that he had been pressured into lying about his country’s nuclear programme.
Shahram Amiri said that he was on the hajj pilgrimage when he was seized at gunpoint in the city of Medina, drugged and taken to the US, where he says
Israel
was involved in his interrogation. In the US, officials were reported to have admitted that Mr Amiri was paid more than $5m (£3.2m) by the CIA for information about Iran’s nuclear ambitions.

The US claims to have received useful information from him in return for the money, but is clearly embarrassed by his very public return to Iran. The offer of a large bribe is reportedly part of a special US programme to get Iranian nuclear scientists to defect.

Flashing a victory sign, Mr Amiri returned to Tehran International Airport to be greeted by senior officials and by his tearful wife and seven-year-old son, whom he had not seen since he disappeared in Saudi Arabia during a visit 14 months ago. Iran said it was demanding information about what had happened to him.

The US says that he entered the US of his own free will and had relocated to Tucson, Arizona. The US is claiming that Mr Amiri, who had worked for Iran’s Atomic Energy Organisation, re-defected because pressure was placed on his family back in Iran, something he denied yesterday. Officials suggested that Iran had used his family to get him to leave the US.
“Americans wanted me to say that I defected to America of my own will, to use me for revealing some false information about Iran’s nuclear work,” Mr Amiri said at Tehran airport.

“I was under intensive psychological pressure by [the] CIA… the main aim of this abduction was to stage a new political and psychological game against Iran.”
Iran and the US have been engaged in a semi-covert war involving defections, seizures and kidnappings in recent years, of which the case of Mr Amiri is only the latest example.

It reached its peak in Iraq in 2007 when the US abducted Iranian consular officials from the northern city of Arbil and Iran seized a British navy patrol boat in the Gulf. Last year, Iran seized three Americans hiking in the mountains of Iraqi Kurdistan, claiming they had strayed over the Iranian border, while other accounts said they had been forced into Iran at gunpoint.
Mr Amiri had appeared in three contradictory videos; in the first he claimed to have been kidnapped and tortured and in the second, he said he had come to the US to write his PhD.
In a third video he denounces the second one. On Monday he arrived unannounced at the Iranian interest section of the Pakistani embassy in Washington and asked for an air to return to Iran.
At his press conference at Tehran airport, Mr Amiri stressed that he had acted under compulsion. “Israeli agents were present at some of my interrogation sessions and I was threatened to be handed over to Israel if I refused to cooperate with Americans,” he said. “I have some documents proving that I’ve not been free in the United States and have always been under the control of armed agents of US intelligence services.”
He says he was offered $50m to stay in the US. Mr Amiri denied that he had ever had any information about the Iranian nuclear programme. “I am an ordinary researcher… I have never made nuclear-related researches. I’m not involved in any confidential jobs. I had no classified information.”
Mr Amiri had worked at Iran’s Malek Ashtar University, an institution closely connected to the country’s elite Revolutionary Guards.
US officials said that Mr Amiri may not be able to access his $5m, because of sanctions on Iran. The Washington Post said yesterday that the Iranian scientist had been working with the CIA for a year and officials were “stunned” by his request to go home this week. The officials added that he had provided useful information, though not directly on whether Iran was trying to make a nuclear device.

Iran Scientist:CIA Offered Me $50M To Lie About Irans Nuclear Secrets!

I knew they were trying to start a war between Iran and Israel... I don't like this kinda news <!-- s:evil: -->:evil:<!-- s:evil: -->

Comments

• yes, I too think the Iran war is already planned.
  • JudeJude Posts: 452
    CIA INTELLIGENCE NETWORKS

CIA INTELLIGENCE NETWORKS

This article is reprinted from Full Disclosure. Copyright (c) 1986
    Capitol Information Association. All rights reserved. Permission is hereby
    granted to reprint this article providing this message is included in its
    entirety. Full Disclosure, Box 8275-CI3, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48107. $15/yr.

The Central Intelligence Agency like many revoluntionary organizations
    (including the Russian KGB) organize their agent networks on a "cell" system,
    with small groups who meet and carry out specific activities. The small groups
    have very few connections with the rest of the organization. Typically, the
    connections between cells will involve only one person in each cell. See
    sample organizational chart prepared by the Central Intelligence Agency for use
    in Nicaragua by the "Freedom Commandos" (reprinted from Psychological
    Operations in Guerrilla Warfare, the CIA's Nicaragua manual).

When this structure is used and a member of a cell is discovered and forced
    to talk, he can only inform on members of his own cell. If he was the person
    with a connection to another cell it is possible that other cell will also be
    compromised, but only after the connection is traced. However, the tracing
    procedure is very slow, giving the organization time to regroup.

Although the tracing of the cell structure is very slow, intelligence
    information can be passed to the main organization quickly.

The main problem with such a cell structure is that the messages which pass
    through many cells can get grabled and since the cells have great autonomy they
    sometimes work at cross purposes.

The CIA extends the cell system to include Police Departments, Labor
    Unions, Student Associations, Medical Associations, Reporters/Editors etc.
    These cells are created by recruiting (or placing) an agent within the
    organization. The placement of the agent would depend on the main purpose of
    infiltrating the organization: information or control. Usually, most of the
    people in the "organization" cells don't know that they are working for the
    Central Intelligence Agency.

In addition, the CIA controls numerous "private" corporations. Usually,
    only a few of the top officers are aware of the CIA connection. The
    corporations conduct normal business operations, and are also available to
    provide services for the CIA whenever necessary.

A top-secret memorandum from Brigadier General Edward Lansdale to General
    Maxwell Taylor published in The Pentagon Papers, described "unconventional
    warfare resources in Southeast Asia" as follows:

CAT [Civil Air Transport] is a commerical
    air line engaged in scheduled and nonscheduled
    air operations throughout the Far East, with
    headquarters and large maintenance facilities
    in Taiwan. CAT, a CIA proprietary
    [corporation], provides air logistical support
    under commerical air cover to most CIA and
    other U.S. Government Agencies' requirements.
    CAT supports covert and clandestine air
    operations by providing trained and experienced
    personnel, procurement of supplies and
    equipment through covert commerical channels,
    and the maintenance of a fairly large inventory
    of transport and other type aircraft under both
    Chinat [Chinese Nationalist] and U.S. registry.

CAT has demonstrated its capabilities on
    numerous occasions to meet all types of
    contingency or long-term covert air
    requirements in support of U.S. objectives.
    During the last ten years, it has had some
    notable achievements, including support of the
    Chinese Nationalist withdrawal from the
    mainland, air drop support to the French at
    Dien Bien Phu, complete logistical and tactical
    air support for the Indonesian operation, air
    lifts of refugees from North Vietnam, more than
    200 overflights of Mainland China and Tibet,
    and extensive air support in Laos during the
    current crisis...

When the goal is to control the organization, the agent would be in a
    powerful place, like a Sergeant in a Police Department. This would enable the
    CIA to make use of the Police Department resources, computer data banks,
    officers, etc.

The police officers might perform surveillance on a target for the
    Sergeant, not knowing that they were really working for the CIA. According to
    Philip Agee/1, "Thousands of policemen all over the world, for instance, are
    shadowing people for the CIA without knowing it. They think they're working
    for their own police departments, when, in fact, their chief may be a CIA agent
    who's sending them out on CIA jobs and turning their information over to his
    CIA control".

Agents in Labor Unions can encourage strikes to cause economic difficulties
    when the CIA wants to stir up political problems in foreign countries.
    Reporters and editors can be used to plant propaganda in the press or have
    information withheld when its in the CIA's best interest not to have it
    printed/2.

When the goal is information collection the target organization would more
    likely be other intelligence services, medical or technology associations. The
    agent would be placed so that he would have access to as much information as
    possible. This could be a communications or mail clerk, etc.

The CIA also targets banks for infiltration. They are good organizations
    to provide cover for CIA personnel in foreign countries. The bank can provide
    necessary accounts in bogus names. They can also provide faked account
    balances so that background checks would out come out positive. Banks are also
    used for funding mechanisms. The Bank of Boston was used for such purposes by
    the CIA in Brazil/1.

When the cells aren't aware that they're working for the CIA, or think
    they're working for someone else, they can be put to other devious uses. For
    example, if the CIA controlled a cell which thought it worked for the PLO, they
    could send it on a terrorist mission with the intent that they be caught. This
    would have a two fold advantage for the CIA, first, the PLO would be blamed
    (providing a good opportunity for the U.S. government to expouse propaganda
    against the PLO), and secondly, it would allow the CIA to commit a terrorist
    attack with extremely little risk of exposure -- to achieve a greater level of
    interference in the affairs of foreign governments.

The CIA can also use cells within an organization which aren't aware of
    their connection to the CIA for less devious purposes. For examples, they can
    make public statement which have the effect of alienating their supporters.
    When one section makes offensive public statements, major disruptions can occur
    within the organization.

/1 Inside the Company: CIA Diary (by Philip Agee)
    /2 See Full Disclosure article "I've Got a Secret"
  • Very interesting Jude. Thanks for sharing.
    Do you have link?
  • JudeJude Posts: 452
    Very interesting Jude. Thanks for sharing.
    Do you have link?

Yup,
    <!-- m -->http://www.holysmoke.org/wb/wb.htm<!-- m -->

I think the farther you go back in history, the more likely its the truth!
  • Very interesting Jude. Thanks for sharing.
    Do you have link?

Yup,
    <!-- m -->http://www.holysmoke.org/wb/wb.htm<!-- m -->

I think the farther you go back in history, the more likely its the truth!

Thanks!