Mind Games: Did You See That

hesouttamylifehesouttamylife Posts: 5,393
edited January 1970 in General MJ Discussion
http://insidedateline.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2010/07/14/4677323-friday-july-16-did-you-see-that

How sure are you of what you see and/or what you hear? How easily are we influenced by the power of suggestion by others? Nada? Really.

Comments

• PJ4MJPJ4MJ Posts: 323
    I'm gonna check this out. The preview vid looked interesting. Thanks for sharing. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • PJ4MJPJ4MJ Posts: 323
    Very interesting stuff (and a lot of fun):

<!-- m -->http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38154937/ns/dateline_nbc/<!-- m -->

It just aired. I think they might post the full episode in a day or two.

This just points out how easy it is for people to be fooled based on what their expectations are.
  • hesouttamylifehesouttamylife Posts: 5,393
    Perfect example used in the illustration was about music played backwards with satanic references. Once it is played to you with words in visual, you hear what they want you to hear. Without the words showing, it is just noise. The main reason I don't believe in the back tracking vids with words put to music. Without the words there to go into your memory sensors, it means absolutely nothing.
  • SangreSangre Posts: 648
    Perfect example used in the illustration was about music played backwards with satanic references. Once it is played to you with words in visual, you hear what they want you to hear. Without the words showing, it is just noise. The main reason I don't believe in the back tracking vids with words put to music. Without the words there to go into your memory sensors, it means absolutely nothing.

I agree. You can hear whatever you want to hear. There are a lot of interesting sound effects. For example: one word is repeated over and over and over again and in the end, the person hearing it starts to hear phrases and sentences that are really not there.