Question about the wrongful death lawsuit

mjthelegendlivesmjthelegendlives Posts: 505
edited January 1970 in Dr. Conrad Murray
There is something that has been bugging me about Joe's wrongful death lawsuit.

It is known that Murray is barely hanging on financially. Supposedly, he faces mounting debts and adverse judgments in courts for unpaid bills and child support. Now, my question is how the heck is Joe expecting to collect any money from Murray? Oxman should know better before he allowed Joe to file that lawsuit. He's Joe's attorney, isn't he? And it seems like Joe is not the type who likes wasting his time.

Is there anyone who can enlighten me on this topic?

Comments

• There is something that has been bugging me about Joe's wrongful death lawsuit.

It is known that Murray is barely hanging on financially. Supposedly, he faces mounting debts and adverse judgments in courts for unpaid bills and child support. Now, my question is how the heck is Joe expecting to collect any money from Murray? Oxman should know better before he allowed Joe to file that lawsuit. He's Joe's attorney, isn't he? And it seems like Joe is not the type who likes wasting his time.

Is there anyone who can enlighten me on this topic?

Well I guess if Joe wins, then the judgement will just be added to the pile of Murrays existing debts. MJ had piles of debts and lawsuits too, but it never stopped new ones from being added to his list <!-- s:| -->:|<!-- s:| -->
  • I am not sure if what we read in the media was truly MJ's financial status. Remember, he was an easy target for leeches, so I think it would be a good strategy to "let them believe he's broke".

Edit ** After some research, I found out that If you are suing a person who is broke now, but is likely to be solvent in the future, it might be worth suing. Judgments can be collected for many years, almost indefinitely if you do the paperwork to keep renewing them, and they accrue interest as long as they are not paid. I think this was the case with MJ, those suing knew he would always make money from his catalogs, songs, etc.; don't know if that would be the case with Murray, though.