Jackson House -- Katherine's Little Fixer-Upper

edited January 1970 in News
Jackson House -- Katherine's Little Fixer-Upper
39 minutes ago by TMZ Staff

TMZ has obtained never-before-seen photos of the Jackson house in Encino, CA where Katherine Jackson and her grandchildren live -- and according to our sources, it was personally decorated by Mama Jackson herself.

0728-katherine-house-launch-credit.jpg
The home photos: <!-- m -->http://photos.tmz.com/galleries/katheri ... sweet_home<!-- m -->

Katherine definitely has a flair for pretty things -- but we can't help but raise our eyebrows at that creepy toy display case.

Thanks to Michael Jackson's Secret Vault for the pics.

<!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/2010/07/28/katherine ... es-photos/<!-- m -->

Comments

• The photos:

katherine_jackson_house_03_full.jpg

katherine_jackson_house_02_full.jpg

katherine_jackson_house_05_full.jpg

katherine_jackson_house_04_full.jpg

katherine_jackson_house_01_full.jpg

katherine_jackson_house_06_full.jpg
  • SarahliSarahli Posts: 4,265
    The bouquet of flowers is beautiful !
  • 2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
    Do TMZ really have nothing else to write about??? Everytime I see a pointless article about the Jacksons, I have to presume they are giving us some sort of clue or hint....All I can make of this is 2 things:

1/ The title could read.. Katherine Jackson's Home Sweet Home

Suggesting MJ has been living there.

2/ Or just like Elvis, we might look closely through the windows and see MJ ?

Also, there are people in these pictures...why? I have no idea...?
  • I think the possible clue lies within the toy display picture. TMZ also draws attention to it ("we can't help but raise our eyebrows at that creepy toy display case") - what's so creepy about it? Because I can't see a thing...
    First of all, it is non-professionally taken, for a specialized photographer, because it mostly reflects the image of the alley and not the toys themselves. I'm sure the photographer took more than one shot of that case and he could have easily found a better frame, especially because there was enough shadow near the display. Moreover, we can see that and identify the exact location of the display with the aid of the 4th photo, where we see the left corner of the fabric roof of the toy case. So that 4th photo shows the left side of the case. Any sightings in the window reflections or in the very case (but blurred by the reflection)? <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

LOVE,
    Andy
  • 2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
    Did MJ have a toy collection at Neverland???
  • curlscurls Posts: 3,111
    What's a 'Fixer-Upper'? I've never heard that expression.
  • newoldfannewoldfan Posts: 153
    What's a 'Fixer-Upper'? I've never heard that expression.

I thought it meant someone who does something up, i.e.fixes a place up, but according to the Wiki definition a 'Fixer Upper' is actually the place that needs doing up.

This is the Wiki definition:

A 'Fixer-Upper' is a real-estate property that will require maintenance work (redecoration, reconstruction or redesign) though it usually can be lived in as it is.

I wouldn't have described the Encino property as a 'Fixer-Upper'!!

Any clues here??
  • Maybe the word was needed to make up the acronym KLF, which related to:

The KLF (also known as The Justified Ancients of Mu Mu, The Timelords and other names) were one of the seminal bands of the British acid house movement during the late 1980s and early 1990s.

Beginning in 1987, Bill Drummond (alias King Boy D) and Jimmy Cauty (alias Rockman Rock) released hip hop-inspired and sample-heavy records as The Justified Ancients of Mu Mu, and on one occasion (the British number one hit single "Doctorin' the Tardis") as The Timelords. As The KLF, Drummond and Cauty pioneered the genres "stadium house" (rave music with a pop-rock production and sampled crowd noise) and "ambient house". The KLF released a series of international top-ten hits on their own KLF Communications record label, and became the biggest-selling singles act in the world for 1991. The duo also published a book, The Manual, and worked on a road movie called The White Room.

From the outset, they adopted the philosophy espoused by esoteric novel series The Illuminatus! Trilogy, gaining notoriety for various anarchic situationist manifestations, including the defacement of billboard adverts, the posting of prominent cryptic advertisements in NME magazine and the mainstream press, and highly distinctive and unusual performances on Top of the Pops. Their most notorious performance was a collaboration with Extreme Noise Terror at the February 1992 BRIT Awards, where they fired machine gun blanks into the audience and dumped a dead sheep at the aftershow party. This performance announced The KLF's departure from the music business, and in May 1992 the duo deleted their entire back catalogue.

Illuminatus!
    Drummond and Cauty made heavy references to Discordianism, a modern chaos-based religion originally described by Malaclypse the Younger in Principia Discordia, but popularised by Robert Shea and Robert Anton Wilson in the Illuminatus! books, written between 1969 and 1971. The attitude and tactics of Drummond and Cauty's partnership matched that of the fictional cult whose name they had adopted. Throughout the partnership, these tactics were often interpreted by media commentators as "pranks" or "publicity stunts". However, according to Drummond, "That's just the way it was interpreted. We've always loathed the word scam. I know no-one's ever going to believe us, but we never felt we went out and did things to get reactions. Everything we've done has just been on a gut level instinct."[73] Cauty has expressed similar feelings, saying of The KLF, "I think it worked because we really meant it".[53]

In addition to resembling the fictional JAMs attitudinally and tactically, references to themes of Discordianism and Illuminatus! also manifested Drummond and Cauty's musical, visual and written work, meticulously and often covertly.

The JAMs' debut single "All You Need Is Love" includes the words "Immanentize the Eschaton!", in reference to the opening line of Illuminatus!, "They immanentized the Eschaton", interpreted as "they brought about the end of the world" or "they brought heaven to Earth". In The JAMs' "The Porpoise Song", from the album Who Killed The JAMs?, King Boy D and a talking porpoise converse, referencing Howard, the talking porpoise in Illuminatus!. The KLF's single version of "Last Train to Trancentral" opens with the demand "Okay, everybody lie down on the floor and keep calm", which is also taken from Illuminatus!.

The refrain "All bound for Mu Mu land", from The KLF's "Justified & Ancient (Stand by The JAMs)" is a reference to the Lost Continent of Mu, which Shea and Wilson identify with the fictional land Lemuria in Illuminatus!. Some research suggests that archeological remains located in waters off the coast of Japan may be Mu; at the end of the "Justified & Ancient" music video, The KLF exit in a submarine.

Drummond and Cauty's output is also highly self-referential, in common with Illuminatus!. In particular, original vocal samples are reused in a variety of musical contexts. For example, the ring modulated "Mu Mu!" sample that first appeared on "Burn the Bastards" is also to be found on "What Time Is Love? (Live at Trancentral), "Last Train to Trancentral (Live from the Lost Continent)" and "Fuck the Millennium".

The number 23, significant within numerology, is a theme of Illuminatus!, where instances of the number are both overtly and surreptitiously placed. Similarly, an abundance of such occurrences were deposited throughout Drummond and Cauty's collective output, for example:

In lyrics to the song "Next" from the album 1987: "23 years is a mighty long time".
    In periods of time: for instance, they reportedly signed a contract preventing either of them from publicly discussing the burning of a million pounds for a period of 23 years;[74] their 1997 return as 2K was "for 23 minutes only".[75]
    In numbering schemes: for instance, the debut single "All You Need Is Love" took the catalogue number JAMS 23, while the final KLF Communications Information Sheet was numbered 23; and Cauty's Ford Galaxie police car had on its roof the identification mark 23.
    In significant dates during their work: for instance, a rare public appearance by The KLF, at the Liverpool Festival of Comedy, was on 23 June 1991; they announced the winner of the K Foundation award on 23 November 1993;[76] and they burned one million pounds on 23 August 1994.[54]
    When questioned on the importance that he attaches to this number, Drummond has been evasive, responding enigmatically "I know. But I'm not going to tell, because then other people would have to stop having to wonder and the thing about beauty is for other people to wonder at it. It's not very beautiful once you know".[77] Drummond's penchant for living by numbers has also been observed in his choosing to align the ages at which he undertook creative projects The Man and 45 with the standard revolution speeds of a turntable (33.3 and 45 rpm).

The "Pyramid Blaster"[34] is a logo and icon frequently and prominently depicted within the duo's collective work: a pyramid, in front of which is suspended a ghetto blaster displaying the word "Justified". This references the All-Seeing Eye icon, often depicted as an eye within a triangle or pyramid, a significant symbol of Illuminatus!. The pyramid was also a theme of the duo's 1997 re-emergence, with the proposed building by K2 Plant Hire of "a massive pyramid containing one brick for every person born in the UK during the 20th century".[78]

There is no definitive explanation of The KLF's name, nor of the origin of 'K' in the names of the K Foundation and 2K. KLF has been variously reported as being an acronym for "Kopyright Liberation Front" and "Kings of the Low Frequencies". This mirrors Illuminatus!, where the fictional JAMs are in alliance with The LDD—who regularly change the origins of their name—and The ELF ("Erisian Liberation Front").

Although Drummond accounted for the adoption of The JAMs name in the first KLF Communications Info Sheet,[62] the reasoning behind Drummond and Cauty's decision to reference the Illuminatus! mythology with such consistent intricacy is unknown. Indeed, it has been suggested by journalist Steven Poole that the public's inability to fully understand The KLF results in all their subsequent activities (as a partnership or otherwise) being absorbed into The KLF's mystique. In a review of Drummond's 1999 book, 45, and an appraisal of The KLF's career, Poole stated that "[Bill Drummond] and collaborator Jimmy Cauty are the only true conceptual artists of the [1990s]. And for all the eldritch beauty of their art, their most successful creation is the myth they have built around themselves."[79] He concluded,

A myth like The KLF's is peculiarly omnivorous. Just as there can never be any evidence to disprove a conspiracy theory because the fabrication of such evidence—don't you see?—is itself part of the conspiracy, so the pop myth of The KLF can never be blown apart by anything they do, no matter how dumb or embarrassing. The myth will suck it up, like a black hole
    (<!-- m -->http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_KLF<!-- m -->)
  • I think the possible clue lies within the toy display picture. TMZ also draws attention to it ("we can't help but raise our eyebrows at that creepy toy display case") - what's so creepy about it? Because I can't see a thing...
    First of all, it is non-professionally taken, for a specialized photographer, because it mostly reflects the image of the alley and not the toys themselves. I'm sure the photographer took more than one shot of that case and he could have easily found a better frame, especially because there was enough shadow near the display. Moreover, we can see that and identify the exact location of the display with the aid of the 4th photo, where we see the left corner of the fabric roof of the toy case. So that 4th photo shows the left side of the case. Any sightings in the window reflections or in the very case (but blurred by the reflection)? <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

LOVE,
    Andy

Maybe it's a connection to the ambulance photo - meaning the glare. Sorry, can't think any further than that at the moment but the glare had me thinking about the ambulance picture <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
    I think the possible clue lies within the toy display picture. TMZ also draws attention to it ("we can't help but raise our eyebrows at that creepy toy display case") - what's so creepy about it? Because I can't see a thing...

LOVE,
    Andy

Maybe it's a connection to the ambulance photo - meaning the glare. Sorry, can't think any further than that at the moment but the glare had me thinking about the ambulance picture <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

Has anybody noticed the red curtain which is hanging across the display case about 3-4 feet high? <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o -->
    Yes when you zoom this picture you see 3 or 4 red curtains (one is cut in two parts).
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    I do not see anything in those photos, apart from a blurry people, and toys are not creepy. The photo of the toys is in Encino or Neverland? <!-- s:geek: -->:geek:<!-- s:geek: -->
    Yes when you zoom this picture you see 3 or 4 red curtains (one is cut in two parts).

Yes, I see that. They're not window curtains. They run across the back of the room more like stage curtains.
    Sorry for the bad quality !
    I think the possible clue lies within the toy display picture. TMZ also draws attention to it ("we can't help but raise our eyebrows at that creepy toy display case") - what's so creepy about it? Because I can't see a thing...

LOVE,
    Andy

Has anybody noticed the red curtain which is hanging across the display case about 3-4 feet high? <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o -->
    Reminds me of the RED CURTAIN at the O2 Press Conference, the Cirque du Soleil poster, V Vendetta........ <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
    I think someone wants us to look with attention that picture <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) --> <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
    Maybe the message is that there are (little) curtains behind the (big) curtain... <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • RKRK Posts: 3,019
    Is it only me who thinks they can see Half of MJ's face in that reflection. It's right in the center of the toy cabinet.
  • marizamariza Posts: 37
    yes i see it to <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o -->
    he has a white shirt on !
    I do not see anything <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: -->
    in the window you see 2 white flowerpots with red flowers he is on the left side of the left flowerpot
    uuhm i mean the right flowerpot on the right side sorry <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: -->
  • GraceGrace Posts: 2,864
    This is the tattood mannequin of the bar at Carolwood Drive mansion.
    Wonder what Katherine found in this mannequin to take it home. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

Encino:
    katherine_jackson_house_08_full.jpg

Carolwood Drive mansion:
    SNN0604CN-666_861057a.jpg

The pic is from a gallery published at The Sun in 2009:
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2573786/Pictures-of-Jacksons-death-mansion.html

<!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • andy1andy2andy1andy2 Posts: 212
    Sorry for the bad quality !
    Hmmmmmm...Maybe it's just my imagination but I swear I see a picture of Michael ,in the bottom right hand corner of the curtain picture, he is dressed in his blue jacket and looking up and right next to that on the right I also see him in a white shirt and sunglasses. Like I said maybe it's my imagination.Does anyone else see what I see?
  • Is it only me who thinks they can see Half of MJ's face in that reflection. It's right in the center of the toy cabinet.

...I just remembered - wasn't there a toll found on Michael's bed in those pictures?