Sony Removing Hoax Videos

I have had to remove many of my hoax videos from youtube due to multiple copyright claims having been made in regards to either music or video clips which were used in the videos. I will be trying to change the music or remove the clips if possible and re-uploading them when I get the time. Sony is the major claimant against me.

YouTube

Dear XxSerenityxDreamsxX,

We have disabled the following material as a result of a third-party notification from Sony Music Entertainment, claiming that this material is infringing:

This is the second copyright sanction against your account. A single additional claim against your account will result in the termination of your account. To avoid this, delete any videos to which you do not own the rights and refrain from uploading additional videos that infringe the copyrights of others. For more information about YouTube's copyright policy, please read the Copyright Tips guide.

If one of your postings has been misidentified as infringing, you may submit a counter-notification. Information about this process is in our Help Centre.

Please note that under Section 512(f) of the Copyright Act, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material was disabled due to mistake or misidentification may be liable for damages.

Yours sincerely,

– The YouTube Team

I apologize that now many videos that I created are no longer available. I was aware that the videos had matched 3rd party content but youtube's previous notification stated that no action was required at this time. Sony obviously has had a change of heart and wanted my videos removed.

Comments

• Wow - I'm sorry. It's too bad as your videos are really good. I wonder how many others they have gone after? They must have had to hire a lot of people just to monitor youtube for all of the videos that may be in violation.

On another note - at least one person from Sony has seen your videos...I wonder what they think?
  • wishingstarwishingstar Posts: 2,927
    Mr. Spock, analysis?
    I believe it WAS called Sony, Captain.

I am sad your videos aren't available now. You do such great work with them.....very talented! Thank you for all the hard work....it's much appreciated.

Blessings!
  • mjj4ever777mjj4ever777 Posts: 1,467
    That really sucks, but thanks for the videos, glad I had a chance to watch them all! God Bless you friend! <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • mjboogiemjboogie Posts: 1,067
    Yeah good question...I wonder what Sony officials think hmmmmmmm hell they may be feeling a tad bit guilty who knows. <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • wishingstarwishingstar Posts: 2,927
    Maybe they will ask you to do a box set <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • Always post a Fair Use disclaimer when using any images, sounds, or other likenesses of Mike. State that any such use is protected under the Fair Use doctrine, and as such is being used for educational purposes, research, reporting, etc.

Research Fair Use Doctrine, then cite it in all of your texts, videos, and commentaries.
  • KacyLovesMJKacyLovesMJ Posts: 197
    I had the same happen with my stuff so I just closed the account. It was one more shot away from being terminated by youtube and I had a few more things Sony could have pulled to make it disappear so I just closed the account. I've been thinking about starting another one but I don't know if I really have time for that right now with college and other stuff I have to take care of. Good luck though. Let's hope they leave you alone now.
  • DatrootDatroot Posts: 1,314
    Looks like no more hoax videos - Sony don't want us getting at the truth
  • 2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
    Sorry to hear that Serenitysdream, I'm also finding that alot of other hoax videos are being disabled by the user or for copyright infringement reasons.....

Maybe the internet KILL SWITCH is already in action <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

Are we getting too close for comfort ??????
  • DancerDancer Posts: 1,225
    I have had to remove many of my hoax videos from youtube
    Sorry to hear that... <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    Yeah, SONY is really a pain in the ass on YouTube...

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• scorpionchikscorpionchik Posts: 2,669
    I think you should save videos and reupload under new account ongoing. Eventually they will get tired of complaining. I notice many other hoax videos still there. Though, the notice states about copyright infringement not a video subject.
  • I think you should save videos and reupload under new account ongoing. Eventually they will get tired of complaining. I notice many other hoax videos still there. Though, the notice states about copyright infringement not a video subject.

The notices are received either for video clips or the music used in the video. As some of the videos I created were about clues in Michael's songs about the hoax, then it is the content of the videos. For instance there are at least 2 "Official" versions of the song "This Is It", so I had clips of both of them in a video and I have had to remove the video due to Sony's copyright claim. I can't re-upload that video to my current channel because it will result in my channel being deleted by youtube.

I am probably going to make a new youtube and upload all of my videos to that channel once again. The videos which had Michael's songs just as accompanying the video, I will change first but others will continue to infringe on the copyright of Sony. A new channel will have no strikes against it so this will at least allow me to not risk deletion for a little while.

To change these videos will take some time though, as I have removed approximately 15-20 videos from my current channel. At this moment, I just don't feel motivated to start this undertaking, especially as I have deleted the windows movie maker project files of each video due to hard drive space, I thought each video was complete and therefore I didn't think I needed to save these project files any longer. This makes removing music and/or clips somewhat more complicated.
  • i have a dumb question. if i see a video and want to save it to my computer to view later is that possible??????
    i have tried but never see any place that it will allow it to be saved.
    just the url link and that only takes you back to where it started from.
  • OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO and i forgot to say so SORRY SERENITY_DREAM your videos were wonderful.
  • hesouttamylifehesouttamylife Posts: 5,393
    I really dislike Sony a whole lot. I don't know what if any part they are playing but it seems they are doing the best they can to erase Michael from the planet. I can almost say with a certain sincerely that I hate them. They are disabling a lot of Michael's videos. After a while there won't be any on the web and that sucks ass! <!-- s:evil: -->:evil:<!-- s:evil: -->
  • 2MuchMJLuv2MuchMJLuv Posts: 332
    I don't know about you guys but out of ALL of the clues that I have read this is by far the best clue of all. Of course you guys are getting "too close for comfort" as someone had previously mentioned. There are equally as many tribute-type videos and those folks aren't being told to remove them. Aren't they in violation as well? I guess you guys are in violation of revealing the truth waaaaay too soon. Ha!

I know that alot of effort went into the making of your videos and I absolutely LOVED many of them. I'm sorry all!!!! <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->
  • Thank you everyone for the support and suggestions.

I am removing the music if possible, adding a fair use disclaimer and credits etc. I will have to republish the videos again on my computer so this will take some time. I will be re-uploading the videos to a new channel as well. I am determined to put these videos back up. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • scorpionchikscorpionchik Posts: 2,669
    i have a dumb question. if i see a video and want to save it to my computer to view later is that possible??????

Add it in your "favorites" and watch whenever you want.
  • MJFAN7MJFAN7 Posts: 3,063
    I've had three of my videos removed, 1 by "Michael Jackson Kids", <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> and 2 by "BBTV_WB"

The one that was removed by "Michael Jackson Kids" was a video about a voice in the background of a leaked video of Paris possibly being MJ's voice. It was when Paris was riding around on a scooter, and someone said something in the background to Spencer, which sounded like MJ's voice, but i actually think (now) that it was Spencer's Mom anyways. <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: -->

The one removed by "BBTV_WB" was a video about TMZ.
    The other removed by "BBTV_WB" was a video about Jermaine Jackson

None removed by Sony. My videos have said "Matched 3rd Party Content" by Sony, like music or a video, but they haven't removed any yet.

On my other MJ account that I had for years, and would just make random MJ videos on, well that account was deleted because of 3 copyright claims. <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( --> <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • i have a dumb question. if i see a video and want to save it to my computer to view later is that possible??????

You can download a video from youtube to your computer.
    Real player will do it and it has the ability to convert the video to another format but it is a two step process.
    If you use firefox or google chrome, I know they both have addons you can use.

I have firefox so I use Download Helper as it converters the videos from FLV to other fromats instantly. I can then use the converted videos when I create videos or I can watch them in media player etc.

Both are free.

Download helper for Firefox
    http://www.downloadhelper.net/

Real Player
    http://www.real.com/
    I don't know about you guys but out of ALL of the clues that I have read this is by far the best clue of all. Of course you guys are getting "too close for comfort" as someone had previously mentioned. There are equally as many tribute-type videos and those folks aren't being told to remove them. Aren't they in violation as well? I guess you guys are in violation of revealing the truth waaaaay too soon. Ha!

I know that alot of effort went into the making of your videos and I absolutely LOVED many of them. I'm sorry all!!!! <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->

No, it's really just a copyright thing. I have had it in some videos as well and when I changed the audio or video content, it was fine yet the info in the video stayed the same. SONY is just annoying.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    I'm sorry Serenitys_Dream ,.......... Sony shit <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • [*]Sony removed your videos because you're getting to the truth. They even removed some of pianogames videos <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    [*]Sony removed your videos because you're getting to the truth. They even removed some of pianogames videos <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

SONY removes videos that content what is theirs, they are not the only one. I have had a couple of videos removed as well and when I deleted the SONY music or video footage, it was ok, while the info was still the same.