Call The Man

willddoMJwillddoMJ Posts: 699
edited January 1970 in General MJ Discussion
[youtube:12igd0h8]

A video that i found, that i thought was very nice, to listen to, that was based for MJ.

wasn't sure exactly where post this, move to correct spot if wrong <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->

Comments

• angelangel Posts: 349
    I had seen this several months ago but had forgotten about it until now. Thanks, willddoMJ, for sharing this beautiful and moving tribute to Michael. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    Such a powerful and beautiful song Celine sings to MJ. Thanks for posting it. Here are the lyrics:
    Call The Man lyrics
    Close the door
    Shut the world away
    All the fight's gone from this wounded heart
    Across the floor
    Dreams and shadows play
    Like wind blown refugees

Call the man
    Who deals in love beyond repair
    He can heal the world
    Of hearts in need of care
    Shine a light ahead
    When the next step is unclear
    Call the man
    He's needed here

I close my eyes
    I remember when
    Your sweet love filled this empty room
    The tears I cry
    Won't bring it back again
    Unless the lonely star should fall

Call the man
    Who deals in love beyond repair
    He can heal the world
    Of hearts in need of care
    Shine a light ahead
    When the next step is unclear

Call the man
    He's needed here

Needed in the chaos and confusion
    From the plains to city hall
    Needed where the proud who walk the wire are set to fall

Call the man
    Who deals in once upon a time
    Maybe he
    Can mend this broken heart of mine
    Shine a light ahead
    Now the future isn't clear

Call the man
    He's needed here
    Call the man
    He's needed here

He's needed here
    He's needed here
    Call the man

He's needed here
    Right here right now

It so reminds me of MJ and Paul McCartney's song, the Man, and also in TII, Kenny O. calls MJ the man. Celine said she was always crazy about MJ, and he motivated her to pursue a singing career. Here's a video of her singing when MJ is in the front row.
    <!-- m -->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15H44uhALcw<!-- m -->
    One more detail of the song, is that the line "Shine a light ahead, when the next step is unclear", reminds me of Kenny saying in TII that someone should make sure there is a flashlight for Michael. Her words, "Call the man" tells me of this hoax, that Michael wants us to call for his return, together as one.
  • Celine Dion is from Montreal, I have seen her serveral times her concerts here in Montreal. Beautiful and powerful voice she has.. Yes indeed in some several interviews she did say if it wasn't for Michael she wouldn't be where she is now. That is true, with the wonderful voice she has if she would have remained here in Montreal she wouldn't have been well known as she is now. She really loved Michael. Tell me who doesn't love Michael. I love that man, as everyone in this forum loves him. I wish he can only see how much he is loved, so he can come back to us. Blessings everyone
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
  • In this video (mentioned by MJonmind) Celine stands right in front of MJ (of all the people in the front row, including her husband!) while singing "Because You Loved Me". I wonder if that was a subtle way of dedicating the song to MJ... Just watch.

[youtube:7p0xj2m4]

Here's what Celine said on June 29, 2009: She speaks beautifully of Michael, but goes on to speak a little too much about herself. She also says that after her performance in Las Vegas Michael asked her a lot of questions about what it was like to live and perform in Vegas, night after night:

[youtube:7p0xj2m4]