The Day Elvis Presley Died

SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
edited January 1970 in References & Similarities
[youtube:44ehh7m5]

Joe kinda reminds me of Frank... <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Comments

• "Diamond Joe", as he came to be known, once a young soldier of Italian descent from Chicago, had been with him from his early days to his last hours almost 24/7 hours. He knew every move, Elvis made.
    After Elvis' death in 1977 he started working with other celebrities as a manager, among them Michael Jackson for a short episode as stated in a live interview with Joanna Johnson.
    He was at Elvis' side when rigor mortis had already set in, as he said in the video and he did not try to resuscitate him, because it was not possible anymore - according to him.
    What I do not understand is the fact that he heard "a little air come out of his lungs" after saying "rigor mortis had set in". If that is possible I do not know.

There are so many contradictory theories surrounding Elvis' death, one of them by Dr Jerry Francisco, the chief medical officer's version, who gave the first official statement, claiming natural causes stemming from heart problems without any drug interference.
    Elvis' doctor, Dr. George Nichopoulos, in 1990, declared in his book "Who killed Elvis Presley? " another theory: Elvis neither died of a natural cause or drug abuse, but was killed by a deathly chop on his head from behind, a kind of 'karate chop', which broke his neck. He went on to say, he was able to judge, as he was the one, who was with him in the ambulance and the autopsy. Elvis must have been dead for at least three hours, probably even longer, without any hope of saving his life, so his initial version.
    Asked why he hadn't mentioned his theories before, he said, he hadn't been allowed to at the trial, due to inadmissable speculation on his side.
    In an interview in 1992 he took back his words: His theory of murder had only been a possibility, he had discussed with his ghostwriter.

Vernon Presley is said to have had serious doubts about some strange things going on; he believed, a fight could have happened, because of the disorder in the bathroom, the ambulance men had noticed first. When they came back to get their equipment, everything was at the right place again.

But nobody has been able to deliver sufficient proof up to now to their theories.
    Everything official was done in a hurry, the question remains - Why?

Elvis was very generous, but despite his generosity, some money should have been left to himself, when he died. Many asked: Where did all the money go?
  • "We did what we had to do - for his sake"

His entire story just sounds fictional. He says the word "meanwhile" about 20 times just like in fictional novels <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

White limos. White = Life.

Oh and if Vernon was so concerned with having things how Elvis wanted (white limos, casket just like his mother's, etc.) Then WHY oh WHY didn't he make sure his NAME was spelled CORRECTLY on his tombstone?! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    White limos. White lies.

Very interesting video, yes like Frank Dileo's. If Elvis is truly alive, then this Joe did some phenomenal acting. Like MJ's death all the info seems so solid and tight, yet...

Vernon choosing a solid copper casket, like Elvis' mother Gladys', is in contrast to MJ's gold one which is copying James Brown choice.

We talk a lot about the ways Elvis and MJ are compared, but there hasn't been any discussion on the way the two contrast. I'm reminded by TS's comment way back that all the reference to Elvis may not be just to show the similarities but also how they contrast. Back then we were annoyed about TS getting into Elvis and that was how he responded. If there has been a thread on how they contrast has anyone seen it?
  • White limos. White lies.

Very interesting video, yes like Frank Dileo's. If Elvis is truly alive, then this Joe did some phenomenal acting. Like MJ's death all the info seems so solid and tight, yet...

Vernon choosing a solid copper casket, like Elvis' mother Gladys', is in contrast to MJ's gold one which is copying James Brown choice.

We talk a lot about the ways Elvis and MJ are compared, but there hasn't been any discussion on the way the two contrast. I'm reminded by TS's comment way back that all the reference to Elvis may not be just to show the similarities but also how they contrast. Back then we were annoyed about TS getting into Elvis and that was how he responded. If there has been a thread on how they contrast has anyone seen it?

I have not seen a thread about that. However, we've discussed a few things that make their deaths different. For example, the closed casket at MJ's memorial/funeral and the open casket for Elvis. This is significant because the open casket for Elvis was something that raised a lot of questions and suspicions from people who were there. Perhaps Michael learned from Elvis that a closed casket would be the way to go. Also, it is believed by many that Elvis signed his own death certificate (handwriting analysis was performed), but the signatures on MJ's are blacked out so they cannot be analyzed (I believe, someone correct me if I'm wrong). I'm sure there are more things. I would also say that Michael left a lot of clues so that we could figure out the truth, whereas Elvis seemed to really want to disappear (and become someone else - brother Jesse). The indications that Elvis was still alive didn't seem as intentional, if that makes sense. Michael has a lot more resources available today though with much more advances in technology. Plus, their fake deaths were for different reasons in my opinion.
  • Joe kinda reminds me of Frank... <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

And me of Thome, where money is concerned.

They both were - as managers - around them in their last hours.
    They are the ones, who must know what really happened.
    They had (total?) control over their lives:
    Michael was made aware of the fact to have a closer look at his accounts by June, his spiritual adviser, in his phone call in the middle of the night, when he told her, he didn't know what was in his account, and he was afraid of what was going on. He felt threatened and scared to death.
    Thome, in an interview stressed, he was the one to be with him and take care of him and his affairs - moneywise.
    Elvis is said to hardly ever have taken money with him. Others paid the cheques for him. He was there for the creative part of his career and didn't have to bother.
    Both Elvis and Michael lost control over their accounts over the years, as it seems.
    They had accumulated debts and died almost penniless so to speak, because of that, without knowing what was in their accounts. How can that be with managers, who helped them deal with money-affairs? One of them claiming to have been one of his "best friends" for more than 20 years.
    Whereas Thome popped up from a shady past, and left the stage (to where he came from?), the other has lived a life in happiness and wealth, still being able to manage other world-stars like Michael for some time and the BeeGees, whose career he wanted (wants?) to make even more famous in Vegas by his many connections in the music industry and business world, traveling to Australia for that reason.
    Did Michael and Elvis always trust the right people? Doubts remain.