Eminem's big F**K YOU to the music industry

SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
edited January 1970 in General Discussion
[youtube:w3pq641p]
<!-- m -->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFe5TRkPQIw<!-- m -->

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Comments

• Wow, interesting... makes you go hmmm on who that "b****" is...

And why 25 for life?

Is it because 2+5=7 ???
  • [youtube:ej4x3j65]
  • Wow!

This is great. Some will argue that he's talking about his wife/ex wife (I can't keep up) Kim, but it's clear that he's talking about the music industry.

They have to be careful when making songs like this. They have to use a lot of metaphors and symbolism and we have to be smart enough to figure it out. That's the only way they can release stuff like this without being murdered.

Eminem has always been my guilty pleasure. I'm glad to see him trying to break free.
  • trublutrublu Posts: 1,011
    Wow thanks for posting.

At least he's strong enough to battle through it.

Guys, do you think MJ 'sold his soul to the devil' , or that Joe Jackson did it for him?
  • Wow thanks for posting.

Guys, do you think MJ 'sold his soul to the devil' , or that Joe Jackson did it for him?

It's actually quite impossible to sell your soul. The devil is a liar. He will give people fortune and fame in exchange for control over that person. But it's not as if they can't take control back. I think any deals made with the 'devil', or simply the evil music industry, was probably done by Joe way back around the J5 days. It's always been clear that money is/was the most important thing to Joe. But we have free will, therefore complete ownership of a soul is not possible. Just like when we get married, the other person does not "own" us. Like an abusive relationship for example, some people will claim that it is impossible to get away from it. When really that person has just allowed themselves to be completely consumed with the abuse that they forget that they have the power to end it if they wish. Like Michael said "Love is not possession", which I have tattooed on me <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

So I don't know what Joe did, what deals were made, but Michael Jackson's soul did not belong to the devil at any point. My beliefs are that our souls don't even "belong" to God. I believe God is Love, and we are all ONE, therefore the mere idea of possession doesn't exist <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • GlindaGlinda Posts: 658
    Tupac said fuck (k)illuminati as well..
    Or he got away
    Or he really got shot down. ( He knew before it happen)

Pac last interview before he left.
    <!-- l -->viewtopic.php?f=17&t=7274&p=225114#p225114<!-- l -->
  • "Wow" from me too! I've never listened much to Eminem (just because rap/hip-hop is not my style), but I've gained a new appreciation of him (thanks, Souza and Mo!) and will look more into his work.

@trublu: I think the music industry has changed significantly since the 1960s, when MJ came on the scene. I'm not saying, though, that the controlling/manipulative aspect didn't exist back then. MJ may have done some things as a kid that were dictated from above (and he actually admitted that), but I never believed - and still don't - that he ever sold his soul to the devil. With the artists who do that, you can actually tell by looking at their songs and their dress style and the symbolism in everything they do - I mean, look at Rihanna and Jay Z and Beyonce (with her ridiculous "Sasha Fierce" label)... I often get a weird vibe listening to their songs or seeing pics of them making certain hand gestures... It seems to me that MJ was the polar opposite of that, in everything he did: he was a humanitarian and peace-maker who isolated himself from all things showbiz/Hollywood and "did his thing" (created beautiful, soulful, and activist music)... Michael also did the peace sign a lot, especially in later years. And in some videos (TDCAU, Black or White) he clearly showed on which side he positioned himself - i.e. against the Illuminati/NWO/all that s***. There are also other revealing things: MJ's favorite president was JFK, he admired Lady Diana, he talked about various black luminaries... MJ was highly aware of history and hinted, at various times, that he knew EXACTLY how things work in life and showbiz.

I have wondered, at times, whether the mass-media slaughter of MJ wasn't completely intentional and meant to destroy MJ's career and reputation forever - precisely because MJ was incredibly independent and refused to play the game of the "higher-ups"! We need to keep in mind that the media are owned, for the most part, by corporations... especially in the U.S. I think there may have been something more, in the way of explanation, than papers going after sales and TV shows going after ratings... There may have been an AGENDA to destroy MJ and his credibility so that no one would listen to his messages.

That's my 2 cents.
  • @ jacilovesmichael:
    I like your post! I agree that one can't literally hand over one's soul to the devil, and that people can break free. My understanding of "selling one's soul to the devil" in the showbiz context is that people agree to allow themselves to be controlled (be and do whatever they're told to be and do - hence the term "puppet") in exchange for "success" - the way showbiz defines it: album sales, money, fame...

Breaking free, which is what Eminem appears to be doing, means taking the risk of being blackballed and thus (very likely) having one's career ruined, and possibly even getting murdered. So it takes a lot of courage to break free!
    Thank you for your responses.

I personally don't think one can sell ones soul to the devil, I don't even believe in the devil, but what I meant was, did he or Joe at any point believe they were selling their soul to the devil?

I don't think Michael has showed any signs of this either and if Joe bought him into this, Michael sure did everything in his power to represent all that was good, pure and innocent.

Love to you all
  • Thank you for your responses.

I personally don't think one can sell ones soul to the devil, I don't even believe in the devil, but what I meant was, did he or Joe at any point believe they were selling their soul to the devil?

I don't think Michael has showed any signs of this either and if Joe bought him into this, Michael sure did everything in his power to represent all that was good, pure and innocent.

Love to you all

Well trublu, I subcribe to what jacilovesmichael said: "I don't know what Joe did, what deals were made..." I neither know, nor understand Joe Jackson. I did see a photo of a young MJ making a "triangle" gesture with his hand (or someone else's hand) in front of his eyes which made me wonder... And in "Moonwalk" Michael said that the J5 were manipulated by Motown - i.e. being told how to dress, how/what to sing, what to say in interviews, and to say that Diana Ross discovered them (which was a lie).

Love to you too! <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P -->

It's actually quite impossible to sell your soul. The devil is a liar. He will give people fortune and fame in exchange for control over that person. But it's not as if they can't take control back. I think any deals made with the 'devil', or simply the evil music industry, was probably done by Joe way back around the J5 days. It's always been clear that money is/was the most important thing to Joe. But we have free will, therefore complete ownership of a soul is not possible. Just like when we get married, the other person does not "own" us. Like an abusive relationship for example, some people will claim that it is impossible to get away from it. When really that person has just allowed themselves to be completely consumed with the abuse that they forget that they have the power to end it if they wish. Like Michael said "Love is not possession", which I have tattooed on me <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

So I don't know what Joe did, what deals were made, but Michael Jackson's soul did not belong to the devil at any point. My beliefs are that our souls don't even "belong" to God. I believe God is Love, and we are all ONE, therefore the mere idea of possession doesn't exist <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

I don't know for sure if souls can be bought and sold, but if you believe in Jesus, he can purchase your soul if you feel that you are not in control of it... only thing (in my own experience) is that trials and tribulations come afterward (in my own opinion) to make you stronger in your walk with the Lord or, to make you waiver and still be in fear of the devil... but once you taste and know the goodness of God, you rest assured knowing you are protected by the unlimited power of GOd

I don't know for sure if souls can be bought and sold, but if you believe in Jesus, he can purchase your soul if you feel that you are not in control of it... only thing (in my own experience) is that trials and tribulations come afterward (in my own opinion) to make you stronger in your walk with the Lord or, to make you waiver and still be in fear of the devil... but once you taste and know the goodness of God, you rest assured knowing you are protected by the unlimited power of GOd

I know what you mean but I have to say this is why I don't like or agree with orgainized religion. Just hearing the words "purchase" and "soul" in the same sentence doesn't sit right with me, whether we're talking about Jesus or the devil. When one decides to become a christian, you are right, they basically let Jesus "purchase" their soul..I remember my pastor telling me that I "was his" and that I "belonged to Him". I think God is great, anything that represents love and goodness is great. But my soul is mine, it is not for sale. This is why I quit going to church, I realized that I either had to "give" myself to God or to the devil in order to be accepted. I want to know why we can't all be One with God and with each other? Why is that idea frowned upon so much by religious people? I don't want this to be a relious debate, just had to say what I said before "Love is not possession" and that it goes both ways, Souls, Love, Peace...none ofthose divine things have a pricetag <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

But of course this is merely my opinion. This is MY Truth. I respect yours as well.
  • I guess it is based on your own personal experience, your religious views that is...

from my understanding (which is solely based on experience LOL) is the the darker spiritual part of us which is our spirit is of light... let me put this in easier terms...

lets use depression, it is a bad mental state, that gets in our soul and puts out the light of the spirit... that is why it is hard for a depressed person to hold on to joy, because it is an "enlightening" emotion, where as anger is a "lessening (of light) or possibly dark emotion... that could be why on cartoons a sad person appears "blue, and anger is shown as red, and happiness is bright or yellow... it is said that the spirit is always around (after a person leaves this world, due to the presence he/she had in the world) and can ascend into heaven yet the soul is allegedly supposed to go to down to hell... <!-- s:| -->:|<!-- s:| --> maybe that is why the palm of our foot is called sole and the top is called crown <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

then again don't get me to analyzing <!-- s:ugeek: -->:ugeek:<!-- s:ugeek: -->
  • I guess it is based on your own personal experience, your religious views that is...

from my understanding (which is solely based on experience LOL) is the the darker spiritual part of us which is our spirit is of light... let me put this in easier terms...

lets use depression, it is a bad mental state, that gets in our soul and puts out the light of the spirit... that is why it is hard for a depressed person to hold on to joy, because it is an "enlightening" emotion, where as anger is a "lessening (of light) or possibly dark emotion... that could be why on cartoons a sad person appears "blue, and anger is shown as red, and happiness is bright or yellow... it is said that the spirit is always around (after a person leaves this world, due to the presence he/she had in the world) and can ascend into heaven yet the soul is allegedly supposed to go to down to hell... <!-- s:| -->:|<!-- s:| --> maybe that is why the palm of our foot is called sole and the top is called crown <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

then again don't get me to analyzing <!-- s:ugeek: -->:ugeek:<!-- s:ugeek: -->

<!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

Lol! I am the same way with analyzing so it's okay! I think I understand what you mean. It really is as if we choose our fate. Just like in this life, we are whatever we choose to be. Same with emotions. Everyone gets happy and sad, that's what gives life COLOR as I like to say (which is what you said too, lots of colors <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> ). But we have the power to choose which emotions, which colors, to follow and hold in higher regard than the others. I choose to hold Love at the highest regard in my life. Others choose hate or envy or greed. This constant struggle between good and evil is something we can all see and all agree on no matter our religious beliefs.
  • becbec Posts: 6,387
    What happened to the audio? Why does Eminem sound like he sucked a helium balloon? That's a good song destroyed by that sound, eek, lol. Probably a clever anti-piracy Eminemism I guess.

When I first heard it this song immediately reminded me of Who Is It by MJ.

Eminem has lyrics that refer to MJ in another song on this album. Song: On Fire "Im wasting punchlines, but I got so many to spare, look I just thought of another [*] here, nah save it psycho yeah, plus you gotta rewrite those lines that you said about Michael's hair... oops, You're on fire." Presumably he has to rewrite them because MJ is now "dead". Mmm.

* word here? dunno, lol, I'm going off memory.

Ps. can we drop the God talk? It's irrelevant to the hoax what any of us personaly believe as far as religion or NOT lol.
  • What happened to the audio? Why does Eminem sound like he sucked a helium balloon? That's a good song destroyed by that sound, eek, lol. Probably a clever anti-piracy Eminemism I guess.

When I first heard it this song immediately reminded me of Who Is It by MJ.

Eminem has lyrics that refer to MJ in another song on this album. Song: On Fire "Im wasting punchlines, but I got so many to spare, look I just thought of another [*] here, nah save it psycho yeah, plus you gotta rewrite those lines that you said about Michael's hair... oops, You're on fire." Presumably he has to rewrite them because MJ is now "dead". Mmm.

* word here? dunno, lol, I'm going off memory.

Ps. can we drop the God talk? It's irrelevant to the hoax what any of us personaly believe as far as religion or NOT lol.

Well, I do think Mike's beliefs about God ARE relevant to the hoax. And my beliefs are very much in accord with his (what I know about his beliefs at least, not claiming to know him personally). So at times I think it's appropriate to elaborate. Not to mention, if it's all for LOVE, then we should be able to talk about our beliefs regarding all things, even when they differ. It may not be relevant to the hoax itself, but it's relevant in how we are conducting our lives and how we are doing our part to change the world - which is a result of the hoax, at least for me it is. In other words, my beliefs have changed significantly because of this hoax, so much that it's worth telling people about, incase I can inspire them the way I've been inspired. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • becbec Posts: 6,387
    That's fine then make a thread about it because I'm on this thread to talk about Eminem and his big fuck you to the music industry.
    That's fine then make a thread about it because I'm on this thread to talk about Eminem and his big fuck you to the music industry.

I'm sorry it was my fault because I asked if people thought Michaels soul had been 'sold'. I shall not bring it up again.

Peace
    Don't hate the players,hate the game.
  • I think they tried to force him to be their "puppet" - remember the Dangerous cover symbollism? Or the eyes on the cover of Invincible with the focus on one eye - almost like "an all seeing eye", not to mention Uri Geller's strange drawings inside.... <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
    I think there was a battle over Michael's soul... He maybe was beaten (the lack of promotion of the Invincible) but not defeated... He's rising up...
    I think they tried to force him to be their "puppet" - remember the Dangerous cover symbollism? Or the eyes on the cover of Invincible with the focus on one eye - almost like "an all seeing eye", not to mention Uri Geller's strange drawings inside.... <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
    I think there was a battle over Michael's soul... He maybe was beaten (the lack of promotion of the Invincible) but not defeated... He's rising up...

Uri is a Sh..-head. First he was saying that Michael was a peado, then he confessed he hypnotized Michael to say the truth ( after his death)
    And unbreakable is a great song!
    There is more than meets "the eye" <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • i really hope eminem has made a change for the best..
    i took the time to watch both videos and heard and seen not afraid..my worry is that he is trying to change but then not less then a week or so ago eminem was on one of the tv shows and who was with him singing?? jay-z !!..so with that being said it just makes me worry and i hope and pray that he stands strong and fights the evil of this industry!!..
    huggs n faith
    suzz
    Eminem's retirement song from his curtain call album.. Hear how pissed!
    [youtube:1173lsby]

<!-- m -->http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/eminem/e ... sdown.html<!-- m -->

Glad your back M!
  • SEHFSEHF Posts: 954
    Gross he sounds like Pee Wee Herman.
  • Gross he sounds like Pee Wee Herman.

<!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> lol aww I love Pee Wee! haha