New MJ Movie Being Shopped -- 'This Is REALLY It'

edited January 1970 in News
3 minutes ago by TMZ Staff

Michael Jackson could live again on the big screen -- TMZ has learned a former Jackson associate is trying to shop around a full-length movie featuring unseen rehearsal footage from MJ's 1981 concert series.

0827-michael-jackson-bigger-better-getty-ex.jpg

The man behind the deal is Ron Newt -- who claims he was so close with Michael, that the singer gave him special behind-the-scenes footage from Jackson's 1981 Triumph Tour.

Now, after seeing the success of "This Is It " -- Newt tells TMZ he's put together a 64-minute feature film from his footage ... which includes several candid moments involving MJ and his brothers. Michael can also be seen dancing, singing and directing the stage production.

Newt tells us he's already getting offers from several interested parties -- with proposals reaching into seven figures.

<!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/2010/08/27/michael-j ... umph-tour/<!-- m -->

Comments

• ForstAMoonForstAMoon Posts: 1,126
    wasn't it the same guy Ron Newt who was also the close friend to MJ's alleged son Prince Michael Malachi Jet Jackson - Happy Birthday MJ <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • I wonder if this is the video that Randy was tweeting about?
  • willddoMJwillddoMJ Posts: 699
    Newt tells us he's already getting offers from several interested parties -- with proposals reaching into seven figures.
    <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

• TMZ always uses the date of the article in the file name of the photo they publish with the article. Take a look at the file name of the pic accompanying this article:

TMZ_0829.jpg

The file name is 0827_Michael_jackson_bigger_better_GETTY_EX.jpg and it refers to <!-- m -->http://ll-media.tmz.com/<!-- m -->2010/08/27/0827-michael-jackson-bigger-better-getty-ex.jpg

There must be a reason, other then MJ's birthday, for waiting 2 days to run this story...
  • mjfansince4mjfansince4 Posts: 1,030
    that image that they photoshopped is this:
    51LGdP1U5HL._SS500_.jpg

according to amazon it's from the documentary "Bigger Than Big: The Documentary of Ron Newt & the MCA Music Scandal" from 2006.

Since there is no summary of the video, i'll post a person's review of the video (note: this is the one and only review on the video):
    This is a rush job in the worst way, July 11, 2008
    By Pressureworld (Atlanta, GA) - See all my reviews
    This review is from: Bigger Than Big: The Documentary of Ron Newt & the MCA Music Scandal (DVD)
    Trust me when I tell you this is one of the worst documentaries I have ever seen. Ron was a young pimp from California who had a large stable of woman and some success during the 80's. What could have made this documentary something special is the interesting selling point of Ron's three sons, and the so called MCA scandal. They were a singing group called the Newtrons(Ron Newt spelled backwards)and up and comming R&B group created by there father. They began to have a large following locally, appearing at the Jackson Ranch and even on Soul Train. How was Ron Newt a pimp with very little education able to sucessfully put this together? How was he able to negotiate a multimillion doller deal with MCA? What were the origin's of the scandal? The Newtrons were about to take off like a rocketship into superstardom but instead crashed and burned. This should have been the focus of the film instead the documentary glosses over The Newtrons the main point of interest, in favor of 50 minuites of Ron and his friends talking over and over about how great they are. How much money they made, who was the greatest pimp and other nonsense. This sadly becomes both repetitive and pedestrian. These grown men, (Ron included) many in there 40's and 50's began to look like caricature's and clowns. This is a rush job that could have been great but instead it just comes off as lazy feeble attempt to pimp the public.

i don't know if this is relevant.
    i googled and tried on wikipedia to find this scandal, but couldn't really find anything.
  • JukeBoxJukeBox Posts: 378
    'This Is REALLY It'

That's what stands out to me. Are they implying that that's gonna be the title of the movie, or are they saying something else???

• This comment is posted on <!-- m -->http://www.blackcelebkids.com/2009/08/3 ... ot-my-son/<!-- m -->:

zelkyla says:
    August 31, 2009 at 10:17 pm
    When I first heard about this new guy, I had to start investigating, but couldn’t find that much info… Okay so, TMZ said that Ron Newt came to Joe with this information. Ron Newt is supposed to be a friend of the Jacksons as well as a friend of Zerline’s family also. Ron Newt is no longer alive, but he was part of the group The Newtrons in the 80s with his brother Bob(by?) and he is also the brother of singer J. Valentine. I am sure they probably have more inside info and probably pictures. I don’t know if this story is true, but PMMJJ does look like a Jackson.

Wouldn’t that be weird if his mother just told him that his whole life because she was Uhm.. well… not all there… I am, just sayin’… who is that strange… putting Michael’s name on the certificate and naming your son after him, and telling him that is who his father is his whole life.

On the taped phone conversations on youtube, Michael said he wasn’t going to have sex until marriage and the recording is from ‘92… so I don’t know…

I hope it’s true… hurry it up with the DNA test!

From <!-- m -->http://yedda.com/questions/happened_r_b ... 1260385093<!-- m -->:
    Newbie Asked:
    What happened to r and b group the newtrons?

Kelly Gee Answered:
    The Newtrons were an R&B trio comprised of the Newt brothers--Bobby, Ronnie, and Johnnie--from San Francisco. They had a R&B hit in 1990 with "My Heart Beats For You". Tragically, Ronnie was shot to death in a store robbery one year later. The other two brothers are still active today as singer-songwriters and producers; along with R&B star Tank, they are members of the "Song Dynasty" production team. Johnnie, the youngest of the three, performs under the name J. Valentine.

Comment on <!-- m -->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3Anc-i3xqM<!-- m -->:
    the one on the right i believe is the one who died. The one in the middle is now known as J Valentine and is still singing. Check him out on you tube. The other twin Bob Newt now sings gospel. He got a myspace page. Talks about how he fell into a deep depression after his brother was killed and became addicted to sex. Had 5 kids by time he was 23 and then got saved. Touching story.

<!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: --> <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: --> <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: -->
  • mjfansince4mjfansince4 Posts: 1,030
    okay "this is REALLY it" makes me think of a bam. and the picture of ron newt is from a documentary titled "bigger than big"...so....to me it looks like: "the bam is going to be bigger than big."
  • jenwren20jenwren20 Posts: 282
    ahahahahaha so today we've had TS redirect us to "He's still alive" and TMZ " This is REALLY it" <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

Turning into a GREAT Birthday for MJ!!!

Oh, I forgot, the "Dig up MJ for DNA" part.....

<!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKE!

LOVE YOU SO MUCH MORE!

x x x x x x x x x
  • trublutrublu Posts: 1,011
    "Michael Jackson could live again on the big screen"

Thank you TMZ!

Happy Birthday Michael!

Love from France

Gros bisous
  • Bianca28Bianca28 Posts: 27

This comment is posted on <!-- m -->http://www.blackcelebkids.com/2009/08/3 ... ot-my-son/<!-- m -->:

zelkyla says:
    When I first heard about this new guy, I had to start investigating, but couldn’t find that much info… Okay so, TMZ said that Ron Newt came to Joe with this information. Ron Newt is supposed to be a friend of the Jacksons as well as a friend of Zerline’s family also. Ron Newt is no longer alive, but he was part of the group The Newtrons in the 80s with his brother Bob(by?) and he is also the brother of singer J. Valentine. I am sure they probably have more inside info and probably pictures. I don’t know if this story is true, but PMMJJ does look like a Jackson.

Wouldn’t that be weird if his mother just told him that his whole life because she was Uhm.. well… not all there… I am, just sayin’… who is that strange… putting Michael’s name on the certificate and naming your son after him, and telling him that is who his father is his whole life.

On the taped phone conversations on youtube, Michael said he wasn’t going to have sex until marriage and the recording is from ‘92… so I don’t know…

From <!-- m -->http://yedda.com/questions/happened_r_b ... 1260385093<!-- m -->:
    Newbie Asked:

Kelly Gee Answered:
    The Newtrons were an R&B trio comprised of the Newt brothers--Bobby, Ronnie, and Johnnie--from San Francisco. They had a R&B hit in 1990 with "My Heart Beats For You". Tragically, Ronnie was shot to death in a store robbery one year later. The other two brothers are still active today as singer-songwriters and producers; along with R&B star Tank, they are members of the "Song Dynasty" production team. Johnnie, the youngest of the three, performs under the name J. Valentine.

the one on the right i believe is the one who died. The one in the middle is now known as J Valentine and is still singing. Check him out on you tube. The other twin Bob Newt now sings gospel. He got a myspace page. Talks about how he fell into a deep depression after his brother was killed and became addicted to sex. Had 5 kids by time he was 23 and then got saved. Touching story.

<!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: --> <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: --> <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: -->

Ronald Newt jr. is the one that's deceased. The photo in the TMZ article is Ronals Newt Sr.
    Check out this article, there's an other connection between Ron Newt and Michael Jackson
    Here's a section from the article

The National Enquirer, desperate to get a scoop that Jackson has abused children, heard that the Newt kids once spent time with Jackson.

The tabloid offered the Newts' father, Ronald Newt Sr., $200,000 to say that something happened between his kids and Jackson.

Newt, a San Francisco "character" and filmmaker whose past includes pimping and jail time, considered the offer.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,152708,00.html
    <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o -->
  • VictorVictor Posts: 582
    ehh why release rehearsal footage from 81 ? <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->

• This comment is posted on <!-- m -->http://www.blackcelebkids.com/2009/08/3 ... ot-my-son/<!-- m -->:

zelkyla says:

Newbie Asked:

Kelly Gee Answered:

Ronald Newt jr. is the one that's deceased. The photo in the TMZ article is Ronals Newt Sr.
    Check out this article, there's an other connection between Ron Newt and Michael Jackson
    Here's a section from the article

The National Enquirer, desperate to get a scoop that Jackson has abused children, heard that the Newt kids once spent time with Jackson.

The tabloid offered the Newts' father, Ronald Newt Sr., $200,000 to say that something happened between his kids and Jackson.

Newt, a San Francisco "character" and filmmaker whose past includes pimping and jail time, considered the offer.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,152708,00.html
    <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o -->

Thanks!
  • GraceGrace Posts: 2,864
    The most interesting is the youngest band member:

[youtube:1ob42ati]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPs3nhhA2Cw

And it seems California is a second Candido Godol - more twins than we would dare thinking of - except they are not blond and blue-eyed.

Lovely message on his birthday:
    My hearts beats for you
    - Love to you, Michael...
  • Great article again. The title is truly inspiring and overwhelming, THIS IS REALLY IT ! I was also certain it bares a deeper meaning, so I looked up for the first possible aconym (after the separation mark, as TMZ usually does, in this case the dash): TIRI.

"Tiri is a Maori (New Zealand) word rich in meaning. Its meanings include the protection of society by the removal of no-go areas (taboos) and the lifting of prohibitions or obstructions. It can also mean the scattering of seeds to bring forth a new generation.

In the Shona language spoken in Zimbabwe, Botswana, Mozambique, and Zambia Tiri means “how many are we?” "

Moreover, considering the fact that the word "really" is written in capital letters, I searched for anagrams of T I REALLY I, the capital letters of the secod part of the title, the impacting one. The only ones I could find combining al the letters in a coherent phrase were:

I TIE RALLY (I or 1 This Is Elvis Rally?)
    I LYE TRIAL
    I LIT EARLY

I alo found TIAI in this game of words, in a possible expression of RELY TIAI, but one L is left out, just as in the case of EARLY TII.

Any clues anybody?

Happy Birthday Michael, I love you more every day!

LOVE,
    Andy
  • mjaliveomgmjaliveomg Posts: 178
    3 minutes ago by TMZ Staff

Michael Jackson could live again on the big screen -- TMZ has learned a former Jackson associate is trying to shop around a full-length movie featuring unseen rehearsal footage from MJ's 1981 concert series.

0827-michael-jackson-bigger-better-getty-ex.jpg

The man behind the deal is Ron Newt -- who claims he was so close with Michael, that the singer gave him special behind-the-scenes footage from Jackson's 1981 Triumph Tour.

Now, after seeing the success of "This Is It " -- Newt tells TMZ he's put together a 64-minute feature film from his footage ... which includes several candid moments involving MJ and his brothers. Michael can also be seen dancing, singing and directing the stage production.

<!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/2010/08/27/michael-j ... umph-tour/<!-- m -->

Seven again
  • one of the other suggested articles from the page:

<!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/2009/10/26/this-is-i ... y-doubles/<!-- m -->
  • SarahliSarahli Posts: 4,265
    And when I say "This Is It", it REALLY means this is it! So "This Is REALLY It!!! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> Sorry...
  • backstagerbackstager Posts: 291
    And when I say "This Is It", it REALLY means this is it! So "This Is REALLY It!!! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> Sorry...

<!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • SarahliSarahli Posts: 4,265
    There's this article <!-- m -->http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,152708,00.html<!-- m -->

Thursday, April 07, 2005
    By Roger Friedman

* Print
    * ShareThis

Michael Jackson

Former Protégé Vouches for Jacko

No matter who testifies next in Michael Jackson's alleged "prior acts" of sexual abuse mini-trial, the prosecution will have to deal with the fact that only one boy will show up to say he was molested many years ago by the pop star.

Now comes Robert Newt, 30, long a "Holy Grail" for The National Enquirer from its investigation into Jackson circa 1993.

Newt and his twin brother Ronald Newt Jr. (now deceased) were aspiring performers and spent two weeks as guests in the Jackson family home in Encino, Calif., around 1985. They were about 11 years old. This all occurred before Neverland was completed. Michael, Janet Jackson and LaToya Jackson were all there, as well as the Jackson parents.

Fast-forward to December 1993. The National Enquirer, desperate to get a scoop that Jackson has abused children, heard that the Newt kids once spent time with Jackson.

Indeed, no kids, no matter how much money was dangled by the tabloids, ever showed up to trade stories of Jackson malfeasance for big lumps of cash after the first scandal broke in 1993.

"Maybe there aren't any other kids," a current Enquirer editor conceded.

I met Bobby Newt yesterday near the office where he works as a mortgage broker in suburban Los Angeles.

Just as his dad promised me a few days earlier, he's a good-looking kid. He's half black and half Chinese.

Robert and his twin brother were likely very cute kids. They have the same features as other boys advertised as alleged Neverland "victims." But all Bobby Newt remembers of his encounter with Jackson is good times.

And all he remembers about the man from The National Enquirer is that he wanted Bobby, then 18, to lie.

"He said, 'Say he grabbed you on the butt. Say he grabbed you and touched you in any kind of way,'" Newt said. "He told us he took all these people down. Now he was going to take Michael down. That he would really destroy him. He told us he took all these other famous people down. All the major people that had scandals against them. He said, 'We take these people down. That's what we do.'"

Prior to Bobby's meeting with Mitteager, Bobby's father met with him and brought along an intermediary, San Francisco politician, businessman and fellow jailbird Charlie Walker.

Walker is infamous in San Francisco circles for being "hooked up" to anything interesting cooking on the West Coast.

"My dad said these dudes are offering this money to take Michael Jackson down. And the guy [Mitteager] said, 'Say he touched you. All you have to do is say it. But you might have to take the stand. You might have to go on 'Oprah' in front of all these people. You have to be prepared for this thing. Just say it. And we'll give you money,'" Newt said.

Two pieces of evidence confirm the Newts' story. One is the actual contract proffered by the Enquirer and signed by Perel, who declined to comment for this story.

The contract, written as a letter, says it's an agreement between the tabloid and the Newts for their exclusive story regarding "your relationship with and knowledge of Michael Jackson, and his sexuality, your knowledge of Michael Jackson's sexual contact and attempts at sexual contact with Robert Newt and others."

Mitteager expected them to sign, even though it was completely untrue and there was, in fact, no story.

He knew you were lying, I reminded Bobby Newt.

"Exactly! And he didn't care! He was like, 'Just say it and we'll give you the money.' And I was like, 'He [Jackson] never touched me!" Newt said. "He [Mitteager] was really fishing and really digging. Think about it — most people you say it to, 'We'll give you this money,' even [if it's not true]. And they'd take it."

Bobby Newt recalled more details of the 30-minute meeting with The National Enquirer's reporter:

"He was trying to coach me — if I decided to take the money, what would happen. He said 'You know, it's going to be a huge scandal. You'll probably have a lot of people not liking you. You're going to be famous!' But to me, you'd be ruined. And the truth is Michael didn't do anything even close to trying to molest us."

Ironically, the second piece of evidence also backs up the Newts' story. Unbeknownst to them, they were taped by Mitteager.

I told you last week that Mitteager did more surreptitious taping than Richard Nixon. When he died, the tapes were left to Hollywood investigator Paul Barresi. His dozens of hours of tapes include a conversation between Mitteager, Ron Newt Sr. and Charlie Walker.

When I read some of the transcript back to Newt the other day, he was shocked.

"I said all that," he observed, surprised to have his memory prodded some 12 years later.

Back in the mid-'80s, Ron Newt Sr. put his three sons together as a singing group much as Joseph Jackson did. He called them The Newtrons.

After much pushing, he got the attention of Joe Jackson, who agreed to manage the group. Joe Jackson got the Newtrons a showcase at the Roxy in West Hollywood.

Michael showed up and loved them. The result was a two-week stay for the boys at the Encino house on Hayvenhurst Ave., where they were supposed to work on their music.

"We would see Michael in passing. We didn't see him, maybe, because he was working on an album. We saw him downstairs in the kitchen and we talked to him," he said.

The Newtrons eventually got a record contract and recorded the Jackson 5 hit "I Want You Back" at Hayvenhurst. They also spent the night at Tito Jackson's house. But nothing about what Bobby Newt hears now about himself or others makes sense.

"I don't know what to believe. He had prime time with me and my brother in the guest room for two weeks," he said. "And he didn't try anything."

As a footnote to all of this: In the small world of the Los Angeles music business, Bobby Newt recently worked with choreographer and alleged Jackson "victim" Wade Robson on tracks for his first album, a potential hit compendium of original R&B ballads.

Jackson's former maid Blanca Francia implicated Robson in the case during Monday's testimony. Robson is not testifying for the prosecution.

"Wade is straight as they come. He's getting married. And nothing ever happened to him, either," Newt said.

He shakes his head, thinking about those who have made claims against Jackson.

"You have to look at these people, go back and see when their relationship with Michael fractured. The calls stopped coming," he said.

And Newt should know. After the adventure in 1985, the Newts never saw Jackson again. It didn't bother them, Bobby says, as much as it might have others.

"They probably didn't like it. And this is their way of getting back at him," he said.
  • Happy B-day MJ!!!
  • GraceGrace Posts: 2,864
    Thank you Sarahli!
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    Michael Jackson -- The Kid Is (Maybe) His Son?
    Originally posted Aug 30th 2009 10:58 PM PDT by TMZ Staff

Prince Michael Malachi Jet Jackson came out of the woodwork to claim he is Michael Jackson's third son -- and now we have the photos to help you judge if it's true.
    <!-- m -->http://photos.tmz.com/galleries/prince_michael<!-- m -->
    According to documents released last week, PMMJJ requested a DNA test to prove he is the biological son of Michael Jackson. Ron Newt, a close family friend of PMMJJ,

tells TMZ he approached Joe Jackson (whom he was friends with) before Michael's death. Newt says Joe denied the whole thing and told him to "leave it alone."

The "official" Prince Michael -- the one who was raised by MJ -- is 12 years old. This other PMMJJ is 24, and Newt says the man is just looking for "closure."

<!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/2009/08/31/michael-j<!-- m --> ... leged-son/
    <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: --> <!-- s:!: -->:!:<!-- s:!: -->
  • GINAFELICIAGINAFELICIA Posts: 6,506
    'This Is REALLY It'

That's what stands out to me. Are they implying that that's gonna be the title of the movie, or are they saying something else???

Of course they are saying something else, quite loud and clear <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
    "This is REALLY it...Michael Jackson could live again.."

That's what I see and what I think it's relevant.

I don't think they need to spell it for us <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

Love you Michael <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • Thank you Sarahli!

Yes, thank you everyone for the information. I'm sufficiently angered once again at the attempt (and almost accomplishment) to destroy an innocent man who has done nothing in his life except give to those in need. Talk about smooth criminals - I think it would be the tabloids.

While I was reading Sarahli's information I was thinking that a movie from Newton's viewpoint would be interesting and would also bring home the lies told about Michael.

Maybe what the title also represents is "New MJ Movie - Is Really It", as in the hoax is an MJ movie. This is really it.

Michael - happy birthday. We love you more.