Marlon speaks at Museum of Dance, Aug 15

MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
edited January 1970 in News
CBS 6 Staff SARATOGA SPRINGS --

The king of pop is in the hall of fame and the news has people dancing. A big celebration was held Sunday to mark Michael Jackson's induction into the National Museum of Dance and Hall Of Fame in Saratoga Springs. Jackson's brother Marlon -- a former member of the Jackson Five -- was in Saratoga Springs to represent the family.

"On many an occasion when I am dancing, I have felt touched by something sacred. In those moments, I felt my spirit soar and become one with everything that exists" ~ Michael Jackson ~ Dancing the Dream, 1992

I wasn't sure if this has been posted at all. Also 2 guys do a cool tribute dance to a medley of Michael's music, showcasing the many moves MJ designed. A couple do some more ballet style to more MJ songs. Watch them here:

<!-- m -->http://mjjrealrealm.spaces.live.com/?_c ... ear%3d2010<!-- m -->
The National Museum of Dance & Hall of Fame holds it's Gala every summer. The museum is excited to announce that this year's gala theme is Michael Jackson, as he will be the museum's 2010 C. V. Whitney Hall of Fame inductee. Please contact us with any questions.

The induction will take place on August 15, 2010. Tickets to the induction are included in the gala ticket price. If you wish to attend the induction only, please e-mail <!-- e --><a href="mailto:info@dancemuseum.org">info@dancemuseum.org</a><!-- e --> or call 518.584.2225 x3001 to make your reservations. Tickets for the induction only are $50 and pre-paid reservations are required.

For information about the Michael Jackson tribute garden, please contact >>> Rena's Fine Flowers.

The National Museum of Dance & Hall of Fame / Saratogian.com
I really think the family are promoting MJ's legacy everywhere, and making sure he is front and center. The ground work is being laid around the world to make the BAM the best! I think this hoax has showcased MJ's family at their finest.

Comments

• Hello,Mjonmind!!!!!

Thank you for the news,I had already put something about this,but no one paid attention,like almost all my posts. <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
    It's not a problem for me ,I like to inform people with the things I know and find out on my own. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
    Thanks again and here is my post from 16 august:
    <!-- l -->viewtopic.php?f=49&t=13423<!-- l -->

What I liked the most about Marlon's speech about Michael was this part:

"I'm proud of him for what he accomplished in his life. That he's being recognized for his ability, his musical ability and dance ability, makes me feel good inside."
    “He would’ve appreciated this,” Marlon said of his brother, saying he was the type of person who never took praise of his talent or his many accolades and accomplishments for granted."

Yes as we know Michael is always a humble person,God bless him!!!

LOVE
  • MissGMissG Posts: 7,403
    When I saw the article the 1st thought passing my mind was "Needed to happen in 2010, after him being gone for people to take notice of his talent and set it up in a museum" <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->

"We" did not value Michael enough when he was with us <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( --> what a shame.
  • curlscurls Posts: 3,111
    Hello,Mjonmind!!!!!

Thank you for the news,I had already put something about this,but no one paid attention,like almost all my posts. <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
    It's not a problem for me ,I like to inform people with the things I know and find out on my own. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

applehead, I paid attention! Don't take it personally, no-one followed up my comment either! Sometimes there's just too much going on.
  • Hello,Mjonmind!!!!!

applehead, I paid attention! Don't take it personally, no-one followed up my comment either! Sometimes there's just too much going on.

Thank you CURLS!!!!!! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
    Maybe you have right,SOMETIMES ITS TO MUCH INFORMATION TO DIGEST AND LESS TIME TO READ.
    Today it's my last day of vacantion and starting tomorrow I will go to work,so not much time for posting.I really like to read all the posts here ,but even if I would ,my head will expolde,because its too much information. <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
    I think that Michael wants to put our brain to work,TO START TO THINK FOR OURSELVES.If I remember correct in the movie ALICE IN WONDERLAND was something about:THINK ITS FOOD FOR THE BRAIN????? Can someone who saw the movie tell me please?????

LOVE
  • When I saw the article the 1st thought passing my mind was "Needed to happen in 2010, after him being gone for people to take notice of his talent and set it up in a museum" <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->

"We" did not value Michael enough when he was with us <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( --> what a shame.

Hello Gema!!!!

You have right,and unfortunately many people still not value Michael ,becasue they have already been brainwashed by MEDIA <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( --> .This people dont think for themselves and have prejudges ideeas in their minds.

LOVE from ROMANIA!!!!