American Idol...help me connect the dots....

anewfananewfan Posts: 1,125
edited January 1970 in News
Has anyone noticed that the producers of American Idol have been saying that they will announce the replacement judge for Simon Cowell since January and they have yet to replace him? Not only have they not replaced him, but they only have one judge left. (Randy Jackson)

All along I have thought that there is some sort of connection with MJ and American Idol and Coke. (I'm not necessaryily saying he will be a judge....but do something.)

As I was rereading "Back's" posts, there was a topic on whether or not it would be a good thing if MJ worked with Simon Cowell to help get his career back on track. "Back" had a few comments about what he thought of Simon Cowell, but the following comment jumped out at me given that it was posted May 23, 2007 and nothing had been said about Simon leaving American Idol at that time. (Scroll down to the middle part of attachment to read it.)
minus Simon---the Horizon becomes clearer as the tIME draws nearer.

What do you guys think?
http://img131.imageshack.us/f/23052007simonconwalltri.jpg/

American Idol also changed record labels from Sony to Universal Music Group.....MJ owns half of Sony and Tommy Mottola is now at UMG. Many of the people who have been mentioned as replacement judges for Simon have had a connection with Tommy Mottola. (Mariah Carey, Jennifer Lopez, Steven Tyler..to name a few)

I know that it is known that MJ despised TM, and that is the part that I can't figure out. Maybe there is nothing to figure out, but TMZ sure has had a lot of stories about American Idol over the past 2 months. Also, they are supposed to have the Idol contestants audition in front of the real judges in September...well, tomorrow is September and still no one has been hired as a judge.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• I agree, I have sensed some kind of connection between MJ and American Idol also. This is the first time I have read these particular back posts and all I can say is "wow". It definately seems like something was or IS going on. Thanks for sharing!
  • anewfananewfan Posts: 1,125
    I agree, I have sensed some kind of connection between MJ and American Idol also. This is the first time I have read these particular back posts and all I can say is "wow". It definately seems like something was or IS going on. Thanks for sharing!

momof3kids....your assignment for tomorrow is to figure this out....I want it figured out by the time I get home from school! <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • I believe that Shania Twain and Steven Tyler have signed on as judges.
    I believe that Shania Twain and Steven Tyler have signed on as judges.

They keep reporting that, but Fox won't publicly admit it...and neither will Nigel Lythgoe. (and only about Steven Tyler) The only judge that Nigel Lythgoe would confirm (kind of) is Randy Jackson. (read article below)

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2010/08/nigel-lythgoe-addresses-american-idol-rumors-on-the-emmys-red-carpet.html
    Nigel Lythgoe addresses 'American Idol' rumors on the Emmys red carpet
    August 30, 2010 | 10:24 am

"American Idol" Nigel Lythgoe attended the Emmys on Sunday in Los Angeles and (sort of) addressed the lingering questions about next season's judges panel.

"We're going to wait and see who says yes because at the end of the day it's going to be the chemistry between the judges that count."

Lythgoe said no judges had been officially announced because "we're in this state of seeing if people are available because we're asking them to open up four months of their schedule."

Lythgoe, who left the Fox talent competition in 2008, has returned as its executive producer. He said he didn't think judges needed a performance background.

"If you ever saw Simon Cowell barking as a dog, you'll know that a performer's background is not necessary to be a judge on this show," Lythgoe said. "It's somebody who can recognize talent, basically. ... It's the common sense that counts."

When asked which judges already had signed contracts, Lythgoe said: "As far as I know, and I could be wrong about this, Randy Jackson."

But sources who were familiar with the negotiations told The Times earlier this month that Steven Tyler has indeed signed on the dotted line. Fox has not officially confirmed that.
    Tommy Mottola was also one of the very first replacements for Simon reported way back last January.

http://tvwatch.people.com/2010/01/27/tommy-mottola-in-talks-to-judge-idol-and-x-factor/
  • I believe that Shania Twain and Steven Tyler have signed on as judges.

They keep reporting that, but Fox won't publicly admit it...and neither will Nigel Lythgoe. (and only about Steven Tyler) The only judge that Nigel Lythgoe would confirm (kind of) is Randy Jackson. (read article below)

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2010/08/nigel-lythgoe-addresses-american-idol-rumors-on-the-emmys-red-carpet.html
    Nigel Lythgoe addresses 'American Idol' rumors on the Emmys red carpet
    August 30, 2010 | 10:24 am

"American Idol" Nigel Lythgoe attended the Emmys on Sunday in Los Angeles and (sort of) addressed the lingering questions about next season's judges panel.

"We're going to wait and see who says yes because at the end of the day it's going to be the chemistry between the judges that count."

Lythgoe said no judges had been officially announced because "we're in this state of seeing if people are available because we're asking them to open up four months of their schedule."

Lythgoe, who left the Fox talent competition in 2008, has returned as its executive producer. He said he didn't think judges needed a performance background.

"If you ever saw Simon Cowell barking as a dog, you'll know that a performer's background is not necessary to be a judge on this show," Lythgoe said. "It's somebody who can recognize talent, basically. ... It's the common sense that counts."

When asked which judges already had signed contracts, Lythgoe said: "As far as I know, and I could be wrong about this, Randy Jackson."

But sources who were familiar with the negotiations told The Times earlier this month that Steven Tyler has indeed signed on the dotted line. Fox has not officially confirmed that.

Thanks for the article. I hadn't read that. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
    @youngatheart

They have named so many in such a short amount of time, it's hard to keep it all straight. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> That's what I don't get...why do they keep making announcements when it isn't an official done deal? I guess that's why we are suppose to question the media? I'm not sure.....
  • I agree, I have sensed some kind of connection between MJ and American Idol also. This is the first time I have read these particular back posts and all I can say is "wow". It definately seems like something was or IS going on. Thanks for sharing!

momof3kids....your assignment for tomorrow is to figure this out....I want it figured out by the time I get home from school! <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    I'll do my best!! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • AndreaAndrea Posts: 3,787
    I'm with you anewfan, I think there is definitely something going on with American Idol and Coke in regards to MJ. What, I haven't been able to figure out. I don't think that if Michael was really dead or had been murdered that they would put so much effort into making subtle MJ references - like with the coke commercial during last season's finale with the sunflowers and MJ jacket, etc. Especially with Janet performing on the finale (and many people remarking how much she sounded like Michael), if something terrible had happened to Michael, I don't think Janet would have had any part of it. I think the reason she did perform was to help out with whatever Michael/American Idol/coke have planned.

Also, if they're saying the new judges are Shania Twain and Steven Tyler...they're initials are both ST, or TS reversed...I wonder if that means anything??

I had a thread about an American Idol article on TMZ (that even says the American Idol Hint in the title):

<!-- l -->viewtopic.php?f=50&t=12886<!-- l -->

I think it's safe to say that something's going on with AI!
  • I'm with you anewfan, I think there is definitely something going on with American Idol and Coke in regards to MJ. What, I haven't been able to figure out. I don't think that if Michael was really dead or had been murdered that they would put so much effort into making subtle MJ references - like with the coke commercial during last season's finale with the sunflowers and MJ jacket, etc. Especially with Janet performing on the finale (and many people remarking how much she sounded like Michael), if something terrible had happened to Michael, I don't think Janet would have had any part of it. I think the reason she did perform was to help out with whatever Michael/American Idol/coke have planned.

Also, if they're saying the new judges are Shania Twain and Steven Tyler...they're initials are both ST, or TS reversed...I wonder if that means anything??

I had a thread about an American Idol article on TMZ (that even says the American Idol Hint in the title):

<!-- l -->viewtopic.php?f=50&t=12886<!-- l -->

I think it's safe to say that something's going on with AI!

You make excellent points. I think the same way. If Michael is alive I think they are either helping him or Michael is helping them. I don't know which one it is. It has always seemed strange to me the whole Janet performance and the way she ran off of the stage at the end. She took time to look at the judges and acknowledge them briefly. Also, has anyone verified that sunflowers are really Crystal Bowersock's favorite flower? Or, did she pick that flower because she was told to...Hmm...
  • cleaclea Posts: 145
    Has anyone noticed that the producers of American Idol have been saying that they will announce the replacement judge for Simon Cowell since January and they have yet to replace him? Not only have they not replaced him, but they only have one judge left. (Randy Jackson)

All along I have thought that there is some sort of connection with MJ and American Idol and Coke. (I'm not necessaryily saying he will be a judge....but do something.)

As I was rereading "Back's" posts, there was a topic on whether or not it would be a good thing if MJ worked with Simon Cowell to help get his career back on track. "Back" had a few comments about what he thought of Simon Cowell, but the following comment jumped out at me given that it was posted May 23, 2007 and nothing had been said about Simon leaving American Idol at that time. (Scroll down to the middle part of attachment to read it.)
    minus Simon---the Horizon becomes clearer as the tIME draws nearer.

What do you guys think?
    http://img131.imageshack.us/f/23052007simonconwalltri.jpg/

American Idol also changed record labels from Sony to Universal Music Group.....MJ owns half of Sony and Tommy Mottola is now at UMG. Many of the people who have been mentioned as replacement judges for Simon have had a connection with Tommy Mottola. (Mariah Carey, Jennifer Lopez, Steven Tyler..to name a few)

I know that it is known that MJ despised TM, and that is the part that I can't figure out. Maybe there is nothing to figure out, but TMZ sure has had a lot of stories about American Idol over the past 2 months. Also, they are supposed to have the Idol contestants audition in front of the real judges in September...well, tomorrow is September and still no one has been hired as a judge.

Any thoughts?
    Have you the link of the forum wrote Back please anewfan? thank you <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    Have you the link of the forum wrote Back please anewfan? thank you <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

Clea.....all, if not most, of his posts have disappeared from that forum, and only screenshots remain. You can click on the following link to read all of his screencapped posts. You can scroll down to read the rest of his comments on Simon Cowell. It will have Simon Cowell's name in read and then just click on that jpg to make it bigger. Happy Reading!

http://mjkit.forumotion.net/michael-s-friends-f63/back-screenshots-t2433-0.htm?highlight=back

I noticed that too, and Mariah Carey has the initials of Conrad Murray. (but backwards) Brett Michaels was another person named as a replacement. (Michael)

I have been trying to connect the dots with names, but not all of them fit....can you see any other connections with the names that have been mentioned? Others are: Elton John, Harry Connick Jr. (Con....Conrad?) Howard Stern (St....TS?) Jennifer Lopez (Peter Lopez?)

They've also jokingly mentioned Britney Spears and some comedian (can't remember his name)

I do think there is a connection, but I just can't connect the dots....maybe many minds together can get the job done!!
  • cleaclea Posts: 145
    Thank you very much anewfan <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • At a point they wanted also Adam Lambert, since he did such a great job, coaching the contestants. I would see him, he is very good. I read that Michael Jackon use to watch Amercan Idol, he loved to see who would be the next American Idol.