A heartbreaking documentary

bonitabonita Posts: 172
edited January 1970 in General Discussion
[youtube:3vbxe1gp]

I found this video interesting because it is very sad to me how these young black children could deny their complexions. I believe it is because of society. To see how our African American youth struggles with their image is just hard to swallow because to me everyone is equally beautiful.

L.O.V.E.

Comments

• TracyKTracyK Posts: 163
    I love that you posted this. It IS heartbreaking what these young girls go through and is being taught by society. I am not saying this fairs in comparison, but even though I am a white girl we also had these issues. Still do. We were supposed to be very tan with blond hair and blue eyes big BIG busts to be beautiful. Well, I have dark hair and eyes and am practically see through. My hair has always been very thick and course and very curly. I have to apply a ton of heat to my hair to get it to look decent IMO. I also have green and blue contacts that I wear. I don't know why we allow these things to get into our heads because individuality is what makes us ALL so beautiful. Who wants a world where we all look the same??

The African Americans and other cultures that are darker complected have always appealed more to me. Darker features IMO are very exotic and beautiful. The young girls and little boys and girls who are in this video are GORGEOUS! How can anyone judge intelligence by color or culture? Too bad that people wear blond hair blue eyed glasses. I think we were are changing little by little. But it's never fast enough.
  • MashMikeMashMike Posts: 1,312
    This was so sad, black people are so beautiful, i mean it, they are also extremely talented, 80 % of celebrities who are 100% legends are black, i don't understand this, i really feel for these young girls, i should admit that it's not only black people who feel down about their appearances, it happens with everyone, no matter of what race he or she is, it's a natural thing, they should listen to Black or White more frequently and after that i hope they will realize how beautiful, how special they are