TIAI September 22

jacilovesmichaeljacilovesmichael Posts: 2,474
edited January 1970 in TIAI
Redirected to <!-- l -->viewtopic.php?f=72&t=14100&sid=e2e91c4092756d27c98cfbe09b2c67b7#p239207<!-- l -->
:) <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> - God Bless you TS!

£111 has gone to Hanna's Orphanage in Ethiopia - Hanna's Orphanage is a great example of how people can make a difference in this World if they really want to. It is sooooo... important to embed any charitable efforts into the communities and give unfortunate children a loving environment to grow and develop in!
About the orphanage
Hanna's Orphans' Home is an orphanage based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and cares for just under 200 children. The majority of the children have lost both parents to HIV and Aids, but some have living parents who are just too sick to care for them.

Run by an Ethiopian woman called Hanna Teshome, the orphanage is spread over three main sites - in Wollo Seffer, in Shiro Meda and one just outside of Addis Ababa. There are also children's homes in Jimma and Harar.

Hanna Teshome
Hanna Teshome is the Ethiopian woman who founded Hanna Orphans Home in 1994 after being asked to look after Samson, a baby orphaned by HIV. Since then, the orphanage has grown to care for 215 children and employ over 20 members of staff, but Hanna is still the driving force behind everything that happens.

Most of her day is spent at the Wollo Seffer site, or out meeting people who may be able to provide funding for the orphanage. She tries to visit the Shiro Meda site once a week, and to visit the children's homes in Jimma and Harar every other month – although this isn't always possible.

Hanna is very involved in the children's lives; they all call her 'a-tetay' which roughly means 'big sister'. She has devoted her life to running the orphanage - something that her husband and three children can attest to! She believes passionately that children need stability, love and opportunity as well as the day-to-day things such as food, shelter and clothes. She works hard to make sure that Hanna Orphans Home can provide that for as many children as possible.
Hanna-Teshome.jpg

Wollo Seffer
In Wollo Seffer the children live in small groups of about five or six. They learn to cook for themselves, keep a house and study; all the children go to a local school or are taught at the orphanage. There is also a small library, a study room, a play area and a kitchen.

Shiro Meda
In Shiro Meda a group of younger children live in a house donated by an Ethiopian woman who now lives in America. The children have three women who live with them - one who cooks, one who cleans and one who is a 'mother' to them. She provides the hugs! Two men also help out although they don't live on site. One works as a handyman, doing miraculous things with corrugated iron, and the other comes in to offer religious education to the children as well as helping them with their studies.

mainpic4.jpg

It's very important to Hanna - and us - that the orphanage is part of the surrounding community. This means the children grow up as active members of society and not just children who are 'different' and tucked away in an institution.

It also means that the children in the surrounding neighbourhoods can benefit from the orphanage's facilities and resources. These children, although still living with their parents, often can't afford to go to school and even if they can, they have no place to study at home.

Girls, especially, will often end up helping their mother cook and clean instead of studying, so in Wollo Seffer the library and study area are open to the neighbourhood children. Hanna also makes sure any spare clothes are passed out to those who need them.

Many of the children in the orphanage are victims of sexual abuse, something that is rarely talked about or confronted in Ethiopia (or in other places in the world!), and Hanna works hard to make sure all the children know their rights and know who to go to for help. She recently went into the school and did a 'sex education' class, focussing on how the young people can protect themselves and learn how to say no.

Whilst I have always given to charity over the years, it is only through this last year or so that my eyes have really started to see the World for what it is and I have started to feel the pains and injustice of it all... and it is Michael I need to thank for this.

With L.O.V.E

Comments

• I messed up the copy and paste thing... will someone please teach me how to do that right? lol, thanks!

Interesting that we get a new redirect today, 9/22/2010. 9+2+2+2+1= 16 and 1+6 = 7, of course! <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • SarahliSarahli Posts: 4,265
    God bless you TheRunningGirl
  • MJFAN7MJFAN7 Posts: 3,063
    oh, checked it earlier & it was still on the other post. thank you jacilovsmichael <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

& thank you thrunninggirl!! <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

• Thank you TheRunningGirl...you have my respect, well done..!
  • Thank you TS for this very unexpected redirect and thanks to all of you for your kind comments... but I feel <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: --> because I have done so little...

When you look at Hanna's orphanage, it is just amazing to see what people can achieve when they really want to, it is just as if faith and desire brought together with the right plans can make the wildest dreams come true... I sincerely admire people such as Hanna, she is an example to follow.

But let me just say that without Michael, his actions and his message, without TS and TIAI, I probably would never have taken notice of Hanna and her orphanage because I saw only what I wanted to see and gave to others the responsibility to "change the World"...

<!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

With L.O.V.E
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    No man is an island. We are United, even when we are not aware of that unit. Unites the landscape, join us the flesh and blood, unite us work and the language you speak or don't talk <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: --> . However, not always realize those links. When born solidarity awakens consciousness, and then the language and the Word appear. At that moment comes to light everything that was previously hidden. What unites us is made visible to everyone. And then the man loads behind him with the weight of the other.
    Human generosity is a reflection of the love of God.
    God blesses you TheRunningGirl <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • Thank you TS for this very unexpected redirect and thanks to all of you for your kind comments... but I feel <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: --> because I have done so little...

When you look at Hanna's orphanage, it is just amazing to see what people can achieve when they really want to, it is just as if faith and desire brought together with the right plans can make the wildest dreams come true... I sincerely admire people such as Hanna, she is an example to follow.

But let me just say that without Michael, his actions and his message, without TS and TIAI, I probably would never have taken notice of Hanna and her orphanage because I saw only what I wanted to see and gave to others the responsibility to "change the World"...

<!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

With L.O.V.E

Hi TheRunningGirl,

You have done such a wonderful thing! Not only have you helped the orphanage, but you have also touched and inspired all our hearts. You are a prime example of someone not just talking about MJ's message, but rather living it. God bless your soul.

@ TS - Thank you very much for this redirect today. Some positive energy was greatly needed.

With L.O.V.E. always.
  • angelangel Posts: 349
    Thank you, TheRunningGirl, for making a difference.
    Thank you, TS, for this uplifting redirect.
    God bless you both. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • curlscurls Posts: 3,111
    TheRunningGirl, can I just clarify something with you? in your original 'coincidence test' post you said you'd donate to a charity of TS's choice. So, did this actually happen? Did you have some contact with TS or did you choose Hanna's charity yourself in the end?

Either way, you're an example to us all of love in action! Thank you for that.
  • TheRunningGirl, can I just clarify something with you? in your original 'coincidence test' post you said you'd donate to a charity of TS's choice. So, did this actually happen? Did you have some contact with TS or did you choose Hanna's charity yourself in the end?

Good question! I just assumed that TS PM'd her. And we all know you should never ASS-U-ME anything! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • That was a beautiful gesture Running girl...the true spirit of LOVE.....thankyou for being such a great example..I became a Green Peace warrior two weeks ago...we try to help with climate change and the unneccessary killing of animals...xoxoxo
  • TheRunningGirl, can I just clarify something with you? in your original 'coincidence test' post you said you'd donate to a charity of TS's choice. So, did this actually happen? Did you have some contact with TS or did you choose Hanna's charity yourself in the end?

Good question! I just assumed that TS PM'd her. And we all know you should never ASS-U-ME anything! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

Hello! Curl and Lilwendy - Thank you.

To avoid ASS-umptions emerging where an answer exists, I confirm that TS was indeed very kind to let me know via a PM that he wanted the donation to go to an orphanage of my choice. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

With L.O.V.E
  • Wow! Hats off to you, TheRunningGirl! <!-- s:!: -->:!:<!-- s:!: -->
  • curlscurls Posts: 3,111
    TheRunningGirl, can I just clarify something with you? in your original 'coincidence test' post you said you'd donate to a charity of TS's choice. So, did this actually happen? Did you have some contact with TS or did you choose Hanna's charity yourself in the end?

Hello! Curl and Lilwendy - Thank you.

To avoid ASS-umptions emerging where an answer exists, I confirm that TS was indeed very kind to let me know via a PM that he wanted the donation to go to an orphanage of my choice. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

With L.O.V.E

Thanks for confirming that! Brilliant! xx
  • Thanks TheRunningGirl and TS for the inspiration! Very nice to read this morning. I have an idea. Maybe we can come up with a list of orphanages around the world and donate to them once a month. Whatever we can donate. Or perhaps, we can pick five orphanages and then ask everyone to donate to one or all five of them. Here's a link to a list of orphanages: <!-- m -->http://www.orphanage.org/<!-- m --> and another great site: <!-- m -->http://www.orphanage-outreach.org/home/<!-- m --> Let me know what you guys think.
  • Thanks TheRunningGirl and TS for the inspiration! Very nice to read this morning. I have an idea. Maybe we can come up with a list of orphanages around the world and donate to them once a month. Whatever we can donate. Or perhaps, we can pick five orphanages and then ask everyone to donate to one or all five of them. Here's a link to a list of orphanages: <!-- m -->http://www.orphanage.org/<!-- m --> and another great site: <!-- m -->http://www.orphanage-outreach.org/home/<!-- m --> Let me know what you guys think.

Great idea!!

I would also suggest volunteer work having to do with children or animals or something <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

Great idea!!

I would also suggest volunteer work having to do with children or animals or something <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

Yup that is great too! So I looked over my idea and perhaps to make it simpler. We pick one orphanage per month and one volunteer duty per month and perhaps even one simple way to spread love per month.

Great idea!!

Yup that is great too! So I looked over my idea and perhaps to make it simpler. We pick one orphanage per month and one volunteer duty per month and perhaps even one simple way to spread love per month.

I like it! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • Along the lines of Ethiopia, I wanted to share with you all a most inspiring talk. I believe you'll find a lot of common themes that we've been enlightened to. "We can change the world. I can't do it by myself" <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

[youtube:1tcj9i36]
  • That was a beautiful gesture Running girl...the true spirit of LOVE.....thankyou for being such a great example..I became a Green Peace warrior two weeks ago...we try to help with climate change and the unneccessary killing of animals...xoxoxo

I second your comments 2good2btrue <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> I've just recently become a volunteer to rescue injured and orphaned wildlife in my region and it's so rewarding. Last Friday I saved a little joey from its mother's pouch after the kangaroo was hit by a car and killed. So many kangaroos and other native marsupials have young in their pouches and often if the mother is killed these little ones can die a slow death on the side of the road if no-one stops to check. I think the ideas that people have come up with in this thread are very inspirational and if we all do our small part we really will be making Michael's dream to Change The World become to a reality. Bless you all and thank you TS for this redirect <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

I second your comments 2good2btrue <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> I've just recently become a volunteer to rescue injured and orphaned wildlife in my region and it's so rewarding. Last Friday I saved a little joey from its mother's pouch after the kangaroo was hit by a car and killed. So many kangaroos and other native marsupials have young in their pouches and often if the mother is killed these little ones can die a slow death on the side of the road if no-one stops to check. I think the ideas that people have come up with in this thread are very inspirational and if we all do our small part we really will be making Michael's dream to Change The World become to a reality. Bless you all and thank you TS for this redirect <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
    I have always loved animals, and rescue all I can! We currently have one cat, one puppy, one rabbit, one rat, one bunny, one chicken, two sick kittens we rescued, three pigeons we got four days ago and another pigeon coming next Sunday from a lady who does large animal rescue and has a lot of small animals dropped off at her place. Apparently two pigeons that couldn't fly were left at here place and one got run over before she knew they were there and could get to them. We also got to raise two wild Canada goslings this spring/summer and release them into a wild flock at a local lake.
    I like the idea of donating to an orphange, I used to donate to one in Kenya if I remember right, then I got word some of the staff there were not using the funds right. Greed got in the way I guess, so be careful who you pick! I also feel inspired to volunteer somewhere once a month, I will have to look into where to do it! I got it! My daughters teacher said she could use some parents help in her class sometimes for second graders!! Fun, Fun!! Making the World a better place where I live as I'm able! Thanks to all above for your inspiring thoughts!
  • I am so glad TS is back in business <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
    Thank you for the redirect.
    I think we know what we have to do.
    So the next it's going to be on 03.10.2010?!

But someone tell me please, last night I was so sad because they sayed Neverland was sold. Is this true ? <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: --> <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: --> <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: -->

But someone tell me please, last night I was so sad because they sayed Neverland was sold. Is this true ? <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: --> <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: --> <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: -->

where was it that you heard about neverland?

We were discussing this in the Chat Room last night, I dont think it was sold as such, just refinanced, with only a percentage of Neverland sold, with MJ retaining an interest, but no information available as to how big or small the interest retained is.

IMO he was sold on to a company he also has an interest in. JMO.

<!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • <!-- m -->http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=1597468848&play=1<!-- m -->

THEY SAY HERE THEY BOUGHT NEVERLAND?!?!?!?!??! <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: -->
    Maybe I don't understand