Jermaine's Child Support Plea -- I'm Broke, No Joke

edited January 1970 in News
35 minutes ago by TMZ Staff

Jermaine Jackson claims he can't afford to pay child support because his business is failing and his career is in the tank -- in fact, according to new legal docs, MJ's bro can barely make ends meet.

0924-jermaine-jackson-ex-tmz-01-credit.jpg

Jermaine just filed new child support papers in L.A. County Superior Court -- obtained by TMZ -- grousing that he's expected to pay $3,000 a month in child support for sons Jaafar and Jermajesty ... even though his average monthly income for the last year has been under $1,100.

Jermaine is asking the judge to slash support payment to $215 a month.

According to the docs, Jermaine made a onetime appearance on "Big Brother" back in 2007, raking in a handsome $450,000 for his troubles -- but since then, Jermaine claims his business has floundered.

Jermaine claims his baby mama Alejandra not only earns more than him ... but she gets a free ride along with his kids at the Jackson compound, thanks to Katherine's generosity. Katherine has asked Alejandra to move her family into a nearly Jackson condo but Alejandra has refused and Katherine won't put her foot down.

<!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/2010/09/24/jermaine- ... d-support/<!-- m -->

Comments

• Alot of money stories lately TMZ...What's up with that..???

Unless they are hinting towards this whole drama is like "BIG BROTHER" watching you...

And isnt Jermaine doing a concert series next month with a tribute to the Jackson Five and MJ in vegas ?? And according to this, he has just come back from Africa, so where is all the money coming from? His wife ??? I call another BS story just to keep the Jacksons in the news...
  • GraceGrace Posts: 2,864
    Nothing about Jermaine.

JCSP
    In computer science and software engineering, JCSP is an implementation of Communicating Sequential Processes (CSP) for the Java programming language.
    [...]
    There are four ways in which multi-threaded programs can fail untestably:[1]
    * race conditions - shared variables may have indeterminate state because several threads access them concurrently without sufficient locking;
    * deadlock - two or more threads reach a stalemate when they try to acquire locks or other resources in a conflicting way;
    * livelock - similar to deadlock but resulting in endless wastage of CPU time;
    * starvation - one or more threads fail ever to get any work done, compromising the intended outcome of the software algorithms.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JCSP

IBNJ
    What does IBNJ stand for?
    Iglesia Bautista Nueva Jerusalen (Spanish: New Jerusalem Baptist Church; Kitchener, Canada)
    http://www.acronymfinder.com/Iglesia-Bautista-Nueva-Jerusalen-%28Spanish%3A-New-Jerusalem-Baptist-Church%3B-Kitchener,-Canada%29-%28IBNJ%29.html
    indeterminate state
    acquiring of locks
    endless wastage of time
    fail ever to get any work done

it's all about ministry.

Translating into "We are running around in circles and get nothing done.
    We should rather focus on the really important."
    Which is not Jermaine's income or expenditures at all.
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    I agree- BS. Is Michael paying him now or after he BAM's for all his good acting? Katherine was asking for more money, and I guess it's partly cause Jermaine's baby mama and kids are still there. We haven't heard anything about MJ's kids being part of the reason Katherine needs more money. Maybe MJ's kids have been gone for a while somewhere. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> We haven't heard about how school's been going either. Maybe that was BS too.
  • Oh I will say it again at the risk of offending people but I wish Jermaine would just go away.

Did he not get any pay for all the interviews he has done over the last yr in the US and Europe? Who pays for him to fly all over hell and back?

Who is paying for all his MJ knockoff outfits for an upcoming concert and the new custon built guitar he ordered? Who puts the gas in the Rolls he has and did he not get paid for that reality show he did this yr?

OH WAIT A MINUTE I bet Mama Jackson is paying for it all that is why she needs to up her allowance !

Someone needs to tell the boy to Man up and get a job if he has no money. God this makes me mad. Normal people get jobs. Did I not read somewhere that one of the brothers worked in a grocery store for awhile to live?

Forgot to add ... Just my opinion and sorry if I offend anyone <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    Oh I will say it again at the risk of offending people but I wish Jermaine would just go away.

Did he not get any pay for all the interviews he has done over the last yr in the US and Europe? Who pays for him to fly all over hell and back?

Who is paying for all his MJ knockoff outfits for an upcoming concert and the new custon built guitar he ordered? Who puts the gas in the Rolls he has and did he not get paid for that reality show he did this yr?

OH WAIT A MINUTE I bet Mama Jackson is paying for it all that is why she needs to up her allowance !

Someone needs to tell the boy to Man up and get a job if he has no money. God this makes me mad. Normal people get jobs. Did I not read somewhere that one of the brothers worked in a grocery store for awhile to live?

Forgot to add ... Just my opinion and sorry if I offend anyone <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

[youtube:3dlayr1u]
    <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Harve, I'd love to see the docs!

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• trublutrublu Posts: 1,011
    So Michael is loaded and Jermain broke? I do not believe Jermain could be broke...

What's the message behind all of this?

Follow the money trail I guess??
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    This one really broken, the news says that it is not a joke, I do not understand that they want to say with this news <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • RKRK Posts: 3,019
    I'm sure Jermaine was paid for all the interviews he's given since this hoax started and I'm also remembering the house that He and Halima have as was shown in the recent magazine spread. Not too shabby indeed. Maybe Jermaine just doesn't like paying child support. His second wife Margaret Maldondo[?] said as much in her book about the Jacksons. He wouldn't be the first guy to feel this way if it is indeed the case.
  • Has anybody else noticed how many messages we have been getting about money? Through TMZ (or Michael) we basically have been given his financial status.

This is the message I'm getting - other than the $400,000+ money in bank accounts, all of his money and assets are tied up in the estate in assets. The estate has paid off a huge amount of debt with I assume whatever income (not revenue) has been generated. The remainder is being used to pay his mother's and children's living expenses...and let's not forget the lawyer's fees.

Is it possible that Michael is being supported during this interim period by the money his mother is receiving? Is that why we've received at least 3 if not more TMZ articles about his mother needed additional money? Is that the reason she has embarked on the money making schemes with the somewhat scrupulous characters?

The estate has to account to the court for all the expenditures out of the estate's funds.
    So even if the estate lawyers are in on the hoax and they funneled money to Michael, it still has to be accounted for. I think the message "I'm broke, no joke" might be related to Michael's status and not just Jermaine's.

I guess my other intuition is that maybe he does need money to complete his own investigation before he comes back. Maybe that's the delay.

These are all just opinions. But it's getting harder and harder to ignore the "money" related "clues??"

I think we're not paying enough attention to the TMZ articles related to money. There's a reason why the same message is being repeated over and over. I've said all along we need to follow the money but maybe TMZ is saying the same thing.
  • I think it's strategic ... Jermaine wants a large audience in the show he'll do in October in Las Vegas ... <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
  • Good Lord,what a shame. So many unemployed, poor people live around, Jacksons cry about they living. Disgusting! Same tricks as with Michael who was also "broke" at the time his "death" though rumors were not coming from Michael. He whould never speak about money.
  • Good Lord,what a shame. So many unemployed, poor people live around, Jacksons cry about they living. Disgusting! Same tricks as with Michael who was also "broke" at the time his "death" though rumors were not coming from Michael. He whould never speak about money.

Interesting that Jermaine had not appeared in the media for a long time before the fateful day 25/06/09...Depois he "lives" of planting stories ... Now again, on the eve of another show in Las Vegas ... It is contradictory to what he is "broken", since he seems to live comfortably in a house "big" in which he showed in an interview, and earned enough money so far, with interviews, reality show, etc. .. It seems that Jermaine is "seize" the moment to catch his "career" and fame at any cost ... Shame really ...
  • GraceGrace Posts: 2,864
    And again majority of what we are doing is not knowing, guessing, judging on a basis of media "reports" or should I say "infotainment" and creation / continuation of the big big pink bubble of Hollywood illusion theater and artificial drama.
    We invade into other people's life whom we do not know at all for no other sake than our own personal sensational satisfaction.
    I think this is just another test - and the trap clicks still too often.
    I also think it is human nature - at least as conditioned as we are as human sensationalists focussing on celebrity gossip - and I would not be mad if somebody was sooo very mad about us. I would understand it.
    Ol'Harvey is smiling maybe. He knows where his money comes from.
    Harvey, would you finally consider the lizzard story please? Txs. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

• Prejudice

A prejudice is a prejudgment: i.e. an assumption made about someone or something before having adequate knowledge to be able to do so with guaranteed accuracy. The word prejudice is most commonly used to refer to a preconceived judgment toward people or a person because of race, social class, gender, ethnicity, age, disability, political beliefs, religion, sexual orientation or other personal characteristics. It also means beliefs without knowledge of the facts and may include "any unreasonable attitude that is unusually resistant to rational influence."
  • maybe jermaines symbolizes government <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    Good Lord,what a shame. So many unemployed, poor people live around, Jacksons cry about they living. Disgusting! Same tricks as with Michael who was also "broke" at the time his "death" though rumors were not coming from Michael. He whould never speak about money.

This is not coming from Jermaine's mouth either, it's an article on a gossip site of which we KNOW they report a lotta BS, especially when it comes to the Jacksons.

• I'm sure Jermaine was paid for all the interviews he's given since this hoax started and I'm also remembering the house that He and Halima have as was shown in the recent magazine spread. Not too shabby indeed. Maybe Jermaine just doesn't like paying child support. His second wife Margaret Maldondo[?] said as much in her book about the Jacksons. He wouldn't be the first guy to feel this way if it is indeed the case.

Exactly...he would simply have to downsize his living arrangements if money got that tight. I don't 'buy' this story at all. I think this is just another example of something that TMZ posted first and all others will simply copy, paste, edit somewhat and republish...all without checking the FACTS of the story.

Here is a prime example of this. Shortly after TMZ posted that article, the Toronto Sun (a major newspaper here where I live), published this:

Jermaine 'can't afford' child support

Jermaine Jackson is so broke he can't afford to keep up with his child support payments, according to court documents.

The Jackson 5 legend filed papers at Los Angeles County Superior Court earlier this week alleging his finances are so dire he can no longer pay $3,000 US-a-month in child support for sons Jaafar and Jermajesty.

He has asked a judge to cut the costs down to just $215 (£143)-per-month, and insists his ex-wife Alejandra Jackson earns more money than him and lives for free at his mother Katherine's estate.

According to the documents, obtained by TMZ.com, the star has earned very little since his $450,000 fee for appearing on Britain's Celebrity Big Brother TV show in 2007.

The claims come almost a year after Alejandra filed suit against the singer, alleging he had failed to hand over $35,550 towards the up-keep of their two sons.

The couple married in 1995 and Jermaine filed for divorce in 2004.

<!-- m -->http://www.torontosun.com/entertainment ... story.html<!-- m -->

Nowhere do they even credit TMZ for the story lol...it's actually really pathetic if you think about it. We punish and/or even expel students from schools for plagiarism, yet it's acceptable for the media to do it time and time again?

With L.O.V.E. always.
  • MJFAN7MJFAN7 Posts: 3,063
    This was from March 2008:
    What the Hell Are the Jacksons Doing Now?!
    3/23/2008 12:31 PM PDT by TMZ Staff

Who knew Motown would lead to skid row? Did you know that the majority of the Jackson family is broke and scrapping for cash -- doing odd jobs like stocking shelves at supermarkets and working on cars to make ends meet?

032308_jacksons_ap_2-1.jpg

According to a crazazy report by the New York Post, most of the Jackson clan isn't fairing too well financially -- some of the Jackson boys are even still living at home! Check out a rundown of the current state of events. Michael is on the verge of losing Neverland ranch as well as the family's Encino, Calif., home. He is currently hiding out in Las Vegas.

Marlon stocks shelves at a Vons supermarket in San Diego, and had to temporarily move into an extended-stay hotel with his wife.

Tito formed a band and plays at small gigs for $500 to $1,500.

Randy does odd jobs for income. He acted as Michael's business manager during the 2005 molestation trial, but ran into problems with friends after he persuaded three people to take out lines of credits against their homes to help Michael pay his attorney fees and Michael stiffed them!

Jackie had a failed Internet clothing business and tries to produce. He still lives at home with his parents.

Jermaine splits time between the parents home and his girlfriend's home. He has more than $5 million in federal, state and other liens against him and a 1995 bankruptcy filing. He does not work and is still involved in a messy, protracted divorce.

Janet is the current breadwinner of the family. She bought her mom a Vegas home in anticipation of losing the family's mansion to foreclosure.

La Toya is all but shunned from the family for declaring Michael guilty during the 1993 molestation case. She earns a living mostly in Europe judging beauty and singing contests. She lives with a wealthy boyfriend in Beverly Hills and has little contact with her siblings.

Rebbie married successful businessman Nathaniel Brown.

Daddy Joe still thinks the Jackson family can get it together, saying, "We can get back out there and set the world on fire. If the Rolling Stones can still rake in the money, so too can my boys." Riiiiight.

This was from August 2008:
    Tito Not Taking His Brother's Jack-son
    8/11/2008 4:01 PM PDT by TMZ Staff

0811_tito_jackson_bn-1.jpg

Apparently no one in the Jacko family has any money anymore.

Even Tito Jackson is taking money from people and not paying them back, allegedly. A martial arts teacher in Devon, England, is suing Tito for almost $25K, claiming that Wacko's older bro still owes him that much bread from almost $40,000 he loaned him earlier this year.

The original loan, says Matt Fiddes, was for T.J. and his family to travel to north Devon to check out some real estate.

Tito couldn't be reached for comment.
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    Did they see Iluminatti's video that I publish Jaafar in his twitter?
    <!-- m -->http://www.twitter.com/JaafarJJackson<!-- m -->
    [youtube:3qfns5d0]
    Did they see Iluminatti's video that I publish Jaafar in his twitter?
    <!-- m -->http://www.twitter.com/JaafarJJackson<!-- m -->
    <!-- m -->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SW43Mig1LYE<!-- m -->

I didn't... That's pretty clear <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->

• SEHFSEHF Posts: 954
    And here I thought I saw most every video. Thanks for that link paula
  • [youtube:3ji5i7ko]

Infected......with vitiligo? Wow........

This is not coming from Jermaine's mouth either, it's an article on a gossip site of which we KNOW they report a lotta BS, especially when it comes to the Jacksons.

Basically any info we analyze on this site has a media source. Nohing came from anybody's mouth. Besides, even if we hear anything personally from somebody, does not mean necessarily is the truth, right? TMZ, most probably has its own court source that informs about new filed cases. Katherine who can't live on $26 K/month and filed to increase allowance is not true either?
  • Thanks for the video Souza.It is actually very good.... I am 50 yrs old and one of the Least predjudice people I know .I have lived all over the world including 3rd world countries and have seen things many people will never see.. but I do know what pisses me off and I can read people and know what type of people piss me off and who I call leaches.

I have no objections to people who make an honest living and people who have had a hard life and need a break but I do not put Jermaine in that group.

I do realize this makes me unpopular in your view but there are other brothers who have done jobs in order to provide for their families and not depended on a brother who worked his ass off and sacrificed most of his life to take care of his responsibilities. Yes MJ was by far more talented but lucky him.

Jermaine cannot spend the rest of his life trying to make his living off of his brothers name.

I have been a single parent all of my my child's life and have NEVER depended on anyone else for his well being and am now paying for his university with no one's help. If I had a famous sister or brother i most certainly would hope that I would not ride thier coat tails after everyone thought he/ she had passed.

Just my opinion and although I am sure I have offended you it is again just my opinion.