edited January 1970 in General Discussion
Iran, Venezuela Promise "New World Order"

TEHRAN, Oct. 21, 2010

image6977463g.jpg
Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez, left, gestures,
as he is welcomed by his Iranian counterpart Mahmoud
Ahmadinejad, during an official welcoming ceremony, in
Tehran, Iran, Oct. 19, 2010.

(AP) The leaders of Iran and Venezuela hailed what they called their strong strategic relationship on Wednesday, saying they are united in efforts to establish a "new world order" that will eliminate Western dominance over global affairs.

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and visiting Venezuelan counterpart, Hugo Chavez, watched as officials from both countries signed 11 agreements promoting cooperation in areas including oil, natural gas, textiles, trade and public housing.

Among the agreements, Venezuela's state oil company Petroleos de Venezuela SA said the South American country was forming a joint shipping venture with Iran to aid in delivering Venezuelan crude oil to Europe and Asia. It said in a statement that the agreement for a joint venture also would help supply Iran "due to its limited refining capacity."

Both presidents denounced U.S. "imperialism" and said their opponents will not be able to impede cooperation between Iran and Venezuela.

Iran's state TV quoted both Ahmadinejad and Chavez as calling their relationship a "strategic alliance" that would eliminate the current global order.

"Iran and Venezuela are united to establish a new world order based on humanity and justice," Ahmadinejad said, repeating his predictions that those who today seek "world domination are on the verge of collapse."

Chavez said this is a time of "great threats" that make its necessary to swiftly "consolidate strategic alliances in political, economic, technological, energy and social areas," according to the state-run Venezuelan News Agency.

Details of the latest accords were not released, and Chavez said some agreements went beyond those put on paper. He said a Venezuelan delegation will soon travel to Iran to follow up on the agreements.

Iran has become the closest Middle East ally to Chavez's government as the left-leaning leader has sought to build international alliances to counter what he sees as U.S. economic and political dominance.

"Imperialism has entered a decisive phase of decline and ... is headed, like elephants, to its graveyard," Chavez said, according to the Venezuelan state news agency.

Chavez has staunchly defended Iran's nuclear energy program, siding with Tehran by insisting it is for peaceful uses and not for nuclear bombs.

U.S. officials have worried Iran may be using its civilian nuclear program as a cover to develop atomic weapons. Four rounds of U.N. sanctions, as well as broader severe U.S. and European Union sanctions have not persuaded Tehran to halt the program.

Chavez also has plans to develop a nuclear energy program in Venezuela and last week signed an agreement for Russia to help build a reactor.

Without mentioning the countries' nuclear ambitions, Chavez said his government demands respect for Iran's sovereignty and that "those who think they are most powerful and want to impose their will on the world respect Iran."

Chavez's trip to Iran was his ninth as president. Before coming to Tehran, he made stops in Russia, Belarus and Ukraine. Later Wednesday, Chavez arrived in Syria, and is due to travel next to Libya and Portugal.

Iran and Venezuela both belong to the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries. In recent years, the two oil-producing countries have also set up joint ventures to produce cars, tractors and bicycles in the South American country.

<!-- m -->http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/10/ ... 7441.shtml<!-- m -->

Comments

• AndreaAndrea Posts: 3,787
    I don't know what to think of this. I do think that the U.S. government is just itching to invade Iran and Venezuela because the leaders of those countries oppose Western dominance. There was even a reference in the movie Avatar to Venezuela - when that crazy Colonel tells the main character - "That was some good work you did in Venezuela" or something like that. I do hope the NWO plans are stopped but I hope it's by peaceful means, and not a global war, or any-sized war for that matter.
  • Oh, lovely.

• Although Chavez is a dog and things are FAR from perfect in Venezuela, he knows very well what the US government is up to. Remember this..?

[youtube:fixwz5tx]
    I don't know what to think of this. I do think that the U.S. government is just itching to invade Iran and Venezuela because the leaders of those countries oppose Western dominance.
    Invading Iran and Venezuela IS on the agenda of the NWO.

• Oh gosh! Ummm guys?? We're in trouble!. It is time we DO SOMETHING! <!-- s:twisted: -->:twisted:<!-- s:twisted: -->
  • gwynnedgwynned Posts: 1,361
    Mo,

Don't understand the basis on which you call Chavez a 'dog.' Please explain. Running a country while battling assasination attempts is tough business and I would imagine 'mistakes' are made and there is much cause for criticism. But I think we have to agree that the overall impact of the Chavez administration has been positive for the poor and disenfranchised and a thorn in the side of the elite, to include the Venezuelan and the international.

Everyone else,

Chavez speaks in Spanish so the translation may not be accurate or mean the same thing in Spanish as we have come to perceive 'New World Order.' We are NOT talking about the same thing here and Chavez is not part of the Illuminati or whatever.
  • Mo,

Don't understand the basis on which you call Chavez a 'dog.' Please explain. Running a country while battling assasination attempts is tough business and I would imagine 'mistakes' are made and there is much cause for criticism. But I think we have to agree that the overall impact of the Chavez administration has been positive for the poor and disenfranchised and a thorn in the side of the elite, to include the Venezuelan and the international.

Everyone else,

Chavez speaks in Spanish so the translation may not be accurate or mean the same thing in Spanish as we have come to perceive 'New World Order.' We are NOT talking about the same thing here and Chavez is not part of the Illuminati or whatever.

I never said Chavez is part of the illuminati, quite the contrary. In my opinion Chavez knows very well what the illuminati are up to and he is trying to prevent them from finalizing their plans.

I called Chavez a 'dog' because the way he is running the country is far from pleasant. My friends in Venezuela keep me up to date with what is really going on in their country and I can tell you that a lot of what they tell me is not on the news there. The media is Venezuela is controlled by him. Many people are oppressed and want to leave Venezuela.
  • gwynnedgwynned Posts: 1,361
    Mo,

Everyone else,

I never said Chavez is part of the illuminati, quite the contrary. In my opinion Chavez knows very well what the illuminati are up to and he is trying to prevent them from finalizing their plans.

I called Chavez a 'dog' because the way he is running the country is far from pleasant. My friends in Venezuela keep me up to date with what is really going on in their country and I can tell you that a lot of what they tell me is not on the news there. The media is Venezuela is controlled by him. Many people are oppressed and want to leave Venezuela.

And how would your friends run it, Mo? How would they peacefully and without causing pain reverse the concentration of wealth in the hands of so few? Are your friends the landless poor who benefit from the literacy campaigns and land redistributions or the middle/upper class who are perhaps on the losing end of an equation he is attempting to balance. Is he perfect? Is he sometimes arrogant and pig headed? Whatever derogatory things you might say about him, unless you are suggesting that the elections are rigged, he has the continued support of the vast majority of Venezuelans, and by a far greater percentage than almost any person in office in the US enjoys.

Knowing the path is not walking the path.
  • Mo,

Everyone else,

And how would your friends run it, Mo? How would they peacefully and without causing pain reverse the concentration of wealth in the hands of so few? Are your friends the landless poor who benefit from the literacy campaigns and land redistributions or the middle/upper class who are perhaps on the losing end of an equation he is attempting to balance. Is he perfect? Is he sometimes arrogant and pig headed? Whatever derogatory things you might say about him, unless you are suggesting that the elections are rigged, he has the continued support of the vast majority of Venezuelans, and by a far greater percentage than almost any person in office in the US enjoys.

Knowing the path is not walking the path.

For your information - I have friends among both the landless poor and the middle/upper class. I have friends among both the pro Chavez camp and con Chavez camp. One of my friends is the son of a mayor of a large city in Venezuela. I'm not an idiot who bases her opinion on the stories of one side.

There's a lot of corruption in Venezuela, something of which Chavez is aware and no actions are taken against it. Here's just one example: the police are robbing people, and it even goes are far as woman being raped by police officers while the husband is forced to watch his wife being raped. That I would not call a good thing, would you..?
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    If it is true that Chavez is far from being or agree with these illuminati, it is also true that he has had some good policies, it is very true about corruption in government and corruption in the police, but that corruption is in the police managed both mayors and governors from both government and governors that make opocision the government and this gets more serious the problem of insecurity, Venezuela is infected with Colombian paramilitaries brought in by the people who make opocision the government.
    These people opocision the government makes are the same or worse than people who are ruling now, they play with two decks simultaneously, a legal and democratic appearance and other illegal and subversive. As for the media they (private communication) continue to television stations and radio as well as most of the newspapers circulating in the country, it is also true that the government has television stations and radio .
    ! All !the politicians of this country are shit, the truth is not where we go, I see no alternative.