Murray Status Hearing 10/26

PJ4MJPJ4MJ Posts: 323
edited January 1970 in Dr. Conrad Murray
Doctor Charged in Jackson's Death Back in Court
<!-- m -->http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wir ... d=11969315<!-- m -->

Doctor charged in Michael Jackson's death due back in Los Angeles court for status hearing
The Associated Press
LOS ANGELES October 26, 2010 (AP)

The doctor charged in Michael Jackson's death is due back in a Los Angeles courtroom Tuesday afternoon for a status hearing.

Dr. Conrad Murray, who has been charged with involuntary manslaughter in Jackson's 2009 death, is expected to attend the hearing.

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor scheduled the hearing to receive updates on attorneys' preparations for Murray's preliminary hearing, which is scheduled to begin in January. During that hearing, the judge will determine whether there is enough evidence for the cardiologist to stand trial.

Murray is accused of giving Jackson a lethal dose of sedatives, including the anesthetic propofol. He had been hired to serves as the singer's personal physician during a series of comeback concerts.

Comments

• AndreaAndrea Posts: 3,787
    So I guess today will be a Conrad Murray day on TMZ...?

Wonder what sort of updates (clues) we'll get to hear about.
  • Doctor Charged in Jackson's Death Back in Court
    <!-- m -->http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wir ... d=11969315<!-- m -->

Doctor charged in Michael Jackson's death due back in Los Angeles court for status hearing
    The Associated Press
    LOS ANGELES October 26, 2010 (AP)

The doctor charged in Michael Jackson's death is due back in a Los Angeles courtroom Tuesday afternoon for a status hearing.

Dr. Conrad Murray, who has been charged with involuntary manslaughter in Jackson's 2009 death, is expected to attend the hearing.

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor scheduled the hearing to receive updates on attorneys' preparations for Murray's preliminary hearing, which is scheduled to begin in January. During that hearing, the judge will determine whether there is enough evidence for the cardiologist to stand trial.

Murray is accused of giving Jackson a lethal dose of sedatives, including the anesthetic propofol. He had been hired to serves as the singer's personal physician during a series of comeback concerts.

The only way there wouldn't be 'enough evidence' is if Michael didn't die, right? I don't understand how there wouldn't be enough evidence otherwise.
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    I have a confusion with the dates, the hearing was on 28 October? <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: -->
  • I have a confusion with the dates, the hearing was on 28 October? <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: -->

It's hard to keep track of all the dates, that's for sure. Oct. 28th was the premiere of "This Is It", maybe that's what you're thinking of. Unless they changed the hearing date, I don't remember what it was set for originally.
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    Thanks jacilovesmichael, wait and see what happens <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • tmz hasn't reported this yet??
  • PJ4MJPJ4MJ Posts: 323
    tmz hasn't reported this yet??

Probably waiting until they have the outcome. Not sure when the case will go up. It's only 10:40 am LA time right now.
  • AnaMarciaAnaMarcia Posts: 860
    Murray's attorneys have not asked for further examinations of the body of Michael, which led us to believe there until exhumation?
    Then it all came to nothing?
    <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
  • i guess theres no court today
  • Snoopy71Snoopy71 Posts: 952
    I know this article I'm posting is about Murrays child support, but it was the date of the hearing that caught my eye...January 4th.

Is it strange that the upcoming prelimenary hearing and the child support hearing fall on the same date, different years? Didn't some say the child support hearing was "fake"....or is this date just ANOTHER coincidence? <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

Dr. Conrad Murray Strikes Child Support Deal
    11/16/2009 11:43 AM PST by TMZ Staff

1116_murray_video_part1-1.jpg

Dr. Conrad Murray was in court today in Las Vegas over child support payments to the mother of his child. Here's how it went down:

UPDATE 2:55 PM ET -- And just like that ... it's over. Dr. Murray has left the building.

UPDATE 2:50 PM ET -- The judge just said the baby mama has a right to waive the back support, so the slate is clean. But the judge added Murray must now make regular monthly payments and the court will check in with him every three months and if he keeps paying on time he won't be jailed. Next court date -- January 4th, and Murray must show.

UPDATE: 2:49 PM ET -- The judge asked Dr. Murray if he paid any of the $13,000 to her. He answered, "No, your honor." First we've heard him speak today.

UPDATE 2:47 PM ET -- The baby mama in question has just waived her right to the $13,000 Dr. Murray owes, provided she gets $1,003 a month in support from now on. This is the agreement the parties struck. Murray also paid $700 in court. The judge is confused -- why would she waive the 13 grand?

UPDATE 2:43 PM ET -- Dr. Murray is in court with his lawyer, but the baby mama is out of town and won't be appearing.

Dr. Murray Pays the Piper (aka His Baby Mama)
    1/4/2010 1:21 PM PST by TMZ Staff

0104_conrad_murray_splash-1.jpg

Dr. Conrad Murray showed up to court today with $1,003 -- and left as a responsible father.

Murray was in court in Nevada so the judge could make sure he has been making his child support payments. Murray had paid his baby mama for November and December -- and made the January payment of $1,003 right there in court.

Both sides are due back in court in July