Conrad Murray -- I Wanna Be Like Kobe!

edited January 1970 in News
Conrad Murray -- I Wanna Be Like Kobe!
10/27/2010 12:20 AM PDT by TMZ Staff

Michael Jackson's doc rocked a Kobe Bryant jersey out in Santa Monica before yesterday's game -- a huge risk, considering when Conrad Murray lends his support, things don't always pan out ...

1026-murray-kobe-jersey-npg-1-credit.jpg

But Kobe came through in the end yesterday -- inching out a victory over the Houston Rockets 112 -110.

<!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/2010/10/26/conrad-mu ... e-jackson/<!-- m -->

Comments

• paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    Yesterday there was a court hearing? <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • Yesterday there was a court hearing? <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

Yeah, but I don't think he attended that hearing in this outfit! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> He can go everywhere and still nobody notice him <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->
    Conrry missed the yesterday court hearing ..? smiley03.gif
  • Kobe Bryant -- Creepy Fan Holds Candlelight Vigils
    10/26/2010 9:39 AM PDT by TMZ Staff

Kobe Bryant is so famous -- dude gets religious candlelight ceremonies in his honor before he's even dead.

1026-kobe-launch-tmz-credit.jpg
    Play video: <!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/videos?autoplay=true ... ba2c9ddcc1<!-- m -->

As Kobe left a practice session in El Segundo, CA yesterday -- the Los Angeles Lakers superstar had a religious experience ... caught on tape.

Check out the video -- this random woman is either crazy or a genius ... because the whole "I prayed for you" thing scored her two autographs from the Lord of the Rings.

Amen.

• Why is the link to the article:
    {http://www.tmz.com/2010/10/26/conrad-murray-lakers-jersey-kobe-bryant-joe-jackson/}..?

There's no mention of Joe Jackson in this article at all.

Oh and of course our friends from the National Photo Group were at the same place at the same time again <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • 3D glasses on the Murray's picture ? <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

and purple color....
  • ForstAMoonForstAMoon Posts: 1,126
    this is not crazy any longer... it is becoming insane <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • 3D glasses on the Murray's picture ? <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->and purple color....

whose face is that they are on?
  • ijcslyijcsly Posts: 128
    Kobe spoke at the memorial...
    Maybe the article is to remind us of things like this:

four-time NBA champion and All-Star guard for the Los Angeles Lakers, recently spoke to MTV and CNN about the impact Jackson had on his life.

Bryant revealed during a Michael Jackson video retrospective that he has had several conversations with the King of Pop prior to his unexpected death on June 25.

"I think it's probably deeper than people would expect, actually," Bryant said. "Being out here in L.A., I had numerous conversations, just over the phone and also at his house, just talking about work ethic and paying attention to details. Not skipping steps."

Bryant and Jackson have a lot more in common than people realize.

Aside from being hailed as the best in their chosen profession, Bryant and Jackson are both ultra-competitive and always in constant pursuit of perfection. They also walked the same path in terms of being misunderstood, becoming a polarizing figure to fans and the mainstream media.

"He was extremely inspirational for me because he helped me understand that it's OK to be different," Bryant explained.

"And when I say different, I mean different in the sense of being obsessed with your craft; paying attention to detail, and working your tail off and being consumed by what you do. He helped mentor me in that department. I think we lost an absolutely brilliant, brilliant mind and just a genuine nice person."

Bryant mentioned that one of the books Jackson gave him was Jonathan Livingston Seagull, a story of a seagull who develops an affinity for self-perfection.

Plot summary
    The book tells the story of Jonathan Livingston Seagull, a seagull who is bored with the daily squabbles over food. Seized by a passion for flight, he pushes himself, learning everything he can about flying, until finally his unwillingness to conform results in his expulsion from his flock. An outcast, he continues to learn, becoming increasingly pleased with his abilities as he leads an idyllic life.

One day, Jonathan is met by two gulls who take him to a "higher plane of existence" (a possible allusion to the beliefs of traditional Chinese,[citation needed] in that there is no heaven but a better world found through perfection of knowledge), where he meets other gulls who love to fly. He discovers that his sheer tenacity and desire to learn make him "pretty well a one-in-a-million bird." Jonathan befriends the wisest gull in this new place, named Chiang, who takes him beyond his previous learning, teaching him how to move instantaneously to anywhere else in the Universe. The secret, Chiang says, is to "begin by knowing that you have already arrived..." Not satisfied with his new life, Jonathan returns to Earth to find others like him, to bring them his learning and to spread his love for flight. His mission is successful, gathering around him others who have been outlawed for not conforming. Ultimately, the very first of his students, Fletcher Lynd Seagull, becomes a teacher in his own right and Jonathan leaves to teach other flocks.

[edit] Part One
    The Part One of the book finds young Jonathan Livingston frustrated with the meaningless materialism and conformity and limitation of the seagull life. He is seized with a passion for flight of all kinds, and his soul soars as he experiments with exhilarating challenges of daring and triumphant aerial feats. Eventually, his lack of conformity to the limited seagull life leads him into conflict with his flock, and they turn their backs on him, casting him out of their society and exiling him. Not deterred by this, Jonathan continues his efforts to reach higher and higher flight goals, finding he is often successful but eventually he can fly no higher. He is then met by two radiant, loving seagulls who explain to him that he has learned much, and that they are there now to teach him more.

[edit] Part Two
    In the second Part, Jonathan transcends into another society where all the gulls enjoy flying. He is only capable of this after practicing hard alone for a long time (described in the first part). In this other society, real respect emerges as a contrast of the coercive force that was keeping the former "Breakfast Flock" together. The learning process, linking the highly experienced teacher and the diligent student, is raised into almost sacred level, suggesting that this may be the true relation between human and God. Because of this, each has been described as believing that human and God, regardless of the all immense difference, are sharing something of great importance that can bind them together: "You've got to understand that a seagull is an unlimited idea of freedom, an image of the Great Gull." He realizes that you have to be true to yourself: "You have the freedom to be yourself, your true self, here and now, and nothing can stand in your way".

[edit] Part Three
    In the third part of the book is the last words of Jonathan's teacher: "Keep working on love." In this part Jonathan understands that the spirit cannot be really free without the ability to forgive, and that the way to progress leads—for him, at least—through becoming a teacher, not just through working hard as a student. Jonathan returns to the Breakfast Flock to share his newly discovered ideals and the recent tremendous experience, ready for the difficult fight against the current rules of that society. The ability to forgive seems to be a mandatory "passing condition."

"Do you want to fly so much that you will forgive the Flock, and learn, and go back to them one day and work to help them know?" Jonathan asks his first student, Fletcher Lynd Seagull, before getting into any further talks. The idea that the stronger can reach more by leaving the weaker friends behind seems totally rejected.

Hence, love, deserved respect, and forgiveness all seem to be equally important to the freedom from the pressure to obey the rules just because they are commonly accepted.

[ed

• I'm under the impression that Kobe Bryant was framed in 2003.

Sexual assault allegation
    Main article: Kobe Bryant sexual assault case

In the summer of 2003, the sheriff's office of Eagle, Colorado arrested Bryant in connection with an investigation of a sexual assault complaint filed by 19-year old hotel employee Katelyn Faber. Bryant had checked into The Lodge and Spa at Cordillera hotel in Eagle in advance of undergoing knee surgery nearby. Faber accused Bryant of raping her in his hotel room the night before Bryant was to have the procedure. Bryant admitted an adulterous sexual encounter with his accuser, but denied her sexual assault allegation.[171][172]

The accusation tarnished Bryant's reputation, as the public's perception of Bryant plummeted, and his endorsement contracts with McDonald's and Nutella were terminated. Sales for Bryant's replica jersey fell significantly from their previous highs.[173] However, in September 2004, the assault case was dropped by prosecutors after Faber refused to testify in the trial. Afterward, Bryant agreed to apologize to Faber for the incident, including his public mea culpa: "Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did."[174] Faber filed a separate civil lawsuit against Bryant, which the two sides ultimately settled with the specific terms of the settlement being undisclosed to the public.

<!-- m -->http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kobe_bryant<!-- m -->

Kobe Bryant sexual assault case: <!-- m -->http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kobe_Bryan ... sault_case<!-- m -->

Just connecting the dots...
  • <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

All prefilmed before June 25, 2009.

Like Donte tweeted "in the times to come ahead, only the strong in mind will survive. let that marinate!" <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: --> <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • angelshadowangelshadow Posts: 8,257
    Yesterday there was a court hearing? <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

Yeah, but I don't think he attended that hearing in this outfit! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

<!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> he has the nerves for a play? This man has really no fears!!! Why also <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->
    <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • cin_pytcin_pyt Posts: 632
    Mike seriously you are killing us with all this next CM will want to be like Michael Jackson. CM will say I look up to Mike he is my hero and I will be just like him. Seriously, no way dude you are alive now we just waiting for you genius. Keep da fait!
    Kobe Bryant, another case of a false accusation against a person famous and black, so I read the case was settled out of court, but already had been tried first by the media and then by public opinion.
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    Conny is looking good and fit again, where is that liddle belly?

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

It is true Conny slims with many facility <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • There's also an implied reference to Mike in the title of this article. There was a major campaign, I think back in the early 90s with the NBA basketball player, Michael Jordan (who also worked with Michael Jackson in the video for Jam) and the catchphrase was "I Wanna Be Like Mike!" And maybe it's just me but those photos of Dr. Murray looks photo-shopped.
  • What's up with all of the purple lately??????

Sign, Sign everywhere a sign
    Blocking out the scenery breaking my mind
    Do this, don't do that, can't you read the signs?!?!??!?!?
  • AndreaAndrea Posts: 3,787
    It is true Conny slims with many facility <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

This is unrelated but...

Happy Birthday Paula!! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> Hope you have an awesome day!
  • GraceGrace Posts: 2,864
    Conny is looking good and fit again, where is that liddle belly?

I just wanted to say - how can a man loose weight so easily? <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    This is a rather "sticky" look and the stripes on the pants make it even worse...
    Is that the man we are supposed to "know" or is this just another photoshop?
    Is it "stars & stripes" we should focus on?
  • MissGMissG Posts: 7,403
    A man who is pretty tall, over 1,90 m, who is world wide known as the "murderer" of Michael Jackson KOP, dressing in such a way, in the middle of the streets and.......TMZ´s cameras are there on location????

Haaaaaaaaaa ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaa *the last Haaaa sounds pretty loud*

Now, I need to know why the numbers and why the 3D glasses ad.
    Luke10:27 (New International Version)

27He answered: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'[a]; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.

Mark 10:27
    Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God."
    Andrea Thank you very much, very nice of your part <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
    I am not able to see beyond. Anyway, what´s the text?
  • All I can say is that pic above of the person with the 3D glasses reminds me of:

2000 Watts (Invincible Album)..........

You may now apply your 3D glasses!