TIAI October 27

GodhaschosenMJGodhaschosenMJ Posts: 177
edited January 1970 in TIAI
TS or The Sign has some new info for us! I hope the link comes thru!
<!-- m -->http://chancerydata.shelbycountytn.gov/ ... &end_date=<!-- m --> This doesn't look like other posts I've seen, maybe someone can copy paste the whole article or? Things are moving along again I guess!!

Comments

• 27-OCT-2010
    09:24 AM Notice sent/set for trial (T)
    Entry: SET FOR SCHEDULING CONFERENCE NOVEMBER 30, 2010 @ 1:30.
  • jenwren20jenwren20 Posts: 282
    hmmmmm.....wheels in motion?
  • MissGMissG Posts: 7,403
    No server found to me.

@serenity, is that what you get?
  • No server found to me.

@serenity, is that what you get?

Who´s trial?
  • AndreaAndrea Posts: 3,787
    16-AUG-2010
    04:14 PM Statement (T) BRADLEY JR, WILLIAM R
    Entry: ITEMIZATION OF UNDISPUTED FACTS

Wonder what this entry means on the 33rd anniversary of Elvis's "death"??
  • Who´s trial?

Eliza Presley paternity suit against LMP
    Can be related to Eliza´s case?
  • Can be related to Eliza´s case?
    It is Eliza's case. A new motion has been filed on the case, that is what the redirection is pointing out.
    It is Eliza's case. A new motion has been filed on the case, that is what the redirection is pointing out.

We posted at the same second <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

TS knows already.

Looks like LMP and Eliza will be meeting each other in court.
  • This is great news you guys! Thanks TS! We can add this to our list for November...

I don't know about anyone else, but I got goosebumps when I saw this redirect. When I saw "Lisa Marie Presley" my hair stood up on the back of my neck and I thought "okay, this is getting real".
  • From: Bench and Bar Experiences - A blog to record and convey the daily experiences of a Milwaukee County Circuit Court Judge.

Judicial Preparation for the Scheduling Conference in Civil Cases
    January 27, 2010 By John DiMotto

In civil cases, we start out with a scheduling conference, followed by motion hearings, followed by a final pretrial, followed by a motion in limine hearing to resolve loose evidentiary ends, followed by a court trial or jury trial, followed by motions after verdict Today, I would briefly like to discuss the scheduling conference.

The Scheduling Conference: Some might say this is a "nothing hearing" and there is no need to do any preparation - just sit down with the lawyers and put an order in place that will govern the course the case takes. I totally disagree. I believe that preparation for the scheduling conference is important. The involvement of the judge in the scheduling conference sets the tone for the case. When the lawyers sit down with me in chambers, I go over the facts of the case in detail and ask questions of the lawyers to clarify what the true issues are that must be addressed during the pendency of the action.

This lets the lawyers know that I have taken the time to study and learn the case and that I expect them to be so invested in the case as well. As the judge goes, so goes the case. Having an understanding of the issues, and the lawyers (always an important consideration), I am able to put a scheduling order in place. This is an order that tells the lawyers what they must do and the time frame to do it in so the case will be properly prepared before it is set for trial. If the judge is fully prepared for the scheduling conference, it lets the lawyers know that the judge takes their case seriously and expects them to do the same. It raises the "professionalism" bar for both the bench and the bar.

In the final analysis, good preparation for the scheduling conference sets a positive tone for the ultimate resolution of the case in a manner that is fair to all involved.

http://johndimotto.blogspot.com/2010/01/judicial-preparation-for-scheduling.html
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400

There is not a new motion filed, it's a notice that the date for the start of the trial has been set.

November 30, I'm excited!

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• This redirect was a bonus birthday present for me .... thank you TS <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

Looks like November is shaping up to become a very significant month in the hoax. Things are slotting into place and we've every reason to be excited guys! Love you all ... Emerald xo
  • Can be related to Eliza´s case?

There is not a new motion filed, it's a notice that the date for the start of the trial has been set.

November 30, I'm excited!
    Motion was the wrong word, I should have said the judge made an order or something. I apologize for the mistake.

But the trial date hasn't been set that is the reason for the Scheduling Conference. To outline the schedule of different dates for things that are going to be addressed in the case.

"The scheduling conference is held for the Court to schedule certain dates and deadlines for the case.
    At the scheduling conference, the Judge (or Master) will determine what the issues in the case are and set hearing dates and deadlines accordingly."

So all that is going to happen is a schedule for the case will be produced with dates of hearings to address any motions, discovery etc. and the trial date will be set. This case may still be settled before it gets to trial. No decisions have been made on the previously filed motions and every scheduled date is subject to motions to amend the Scheduling Order, after it has been created. This could still end quickly or it could be a lengthy process.
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    Thanks TS, and in the case of PML is not present (which is what I believe will happen, maybe I'm wrong), Eliza wins is the case.?
  • Thanks TS, and in the case of PML is not present (which is what I believe will happen, maybe I'm wrong), Eliza wins is the case.?

Eliza and LMP are not required to be present at the Scheduling Conference. Only the judge and the lawyers involved are required to attend, to create the schedule for this case. No other decisions will be made at the Scheduling Conference, just a schedule of hearings for the case and that's it.
    I really don't think Eliza will settle this case, no way.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• I really don't think Eliza will settle this case, no way.

No way, Jose! I agree.
    I didn't say Eliza will settle the case but the judge has not ruled on the motions and he can settle the case before it ever gets to a trial. No ruling has been entered in the motion for a summary judgment and that can go either way. The judge hasn't ruled on the whether the lawyer who filed motion for a summary judgment can even be involved in the case. Further motions could still be filed and nothing has even been addressed in the case yet.
    I didn't say Eliza will settle the case but the judge has not ruled on the motions and he can settle the case before it ever gets to a trial. No ruling has been entered in the motion for a summary judgment and that can go either way. The judge hasn't ruled on the whether the lawyer who filed motion for a summary judgment can even be involved in the case. Further motions could still be filed and nothing has even been addressed in the case yet.

As far as my knowledge reaches, a judge can't settle a case. Both parties have to agree and Eliza won't. I'm very positive about that. That means this will go to trial, since Eliza has given enough evidence and the defence didn't, they can only delay this further.

As far as I know, Eliza is a single mom. I think I saw a button on her website where you can donate. I support her case and I hope she wins this case, but I realize she needs all the financial support she can get.

<!-- m -->http://chancerydata.shelbycountytn.gov/ ... ode=@63904<!-- m -->

Who is the survivor of Vernon? <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> How many kids did Vernon have? <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->

As far as my knowledge reaches, a judge can't settle a case. Both parties have to agree and Eliza won't. I'm very positive about that. That means this will go to trial, since Eliza has given enough evidence and the defence didn't, they can only delay this further.

Both parties do not have to agree. The motion for summary judgment is asking the Judge (court) to decide the case before it ever gets to trial. There has been no ruling on that motion, unless it hasn't been entered on that website.

The judge can rule in favour of the the lawyer who filed it and dismiss the case and then Eliza will have to appeal that decision. The judge can rule in favour of Eliza and she wins the case but it may be able to be appealed by the lawyer. That is what I meant by the judge settling it, coming to a decision on the motion for summary judgment. The judge can also just dismiss the motion for a summary judgment and continue the case.

There has been no ruling on the motion filed by Eliza' s lawyer which is addressing whether or not that Lawyer (who filed the motion for a summary judgment) should even be involved in the case either unless that also hasn't been included on the website.

Both parties do not have to agree. The motion for summary judgment is asking the Judge (court) to decide the case before it ever gets to trial. There has been no ruling on that motion, unless it hasn't been entered on that website.

The judge can rule in favour of the the lawyer who filed it and dismiss the case and then Eliza will have to appeal that decision. The judge can rule in favour of Eliza and she wins the case but it may be able to be appealed by the lawyer. That is what I meant by the judge settling it, coming to a decision on the motion for summary judgment. The judge can also just dismiss the motion for a summary judgment and continue the case.

There has been no ruling on the motion filed by Eliza' s lawyer which is addressing whether or not that Lawyer (who filed the motion for a summary judgment) should even be involved in the case either unless that also hasn't been included on the website.

In that case the case will be dismissed, not settled.

• paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    In this programming the judge meets with the lawyers, after several hearings and then is that you put a date on the last trial and the verdict.
    If this is so, there is still a long way to go. <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: -->