The Michael Jackson/Lisa Marie Presley marriage certificate

paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
edited January 1970 in References & Similarities
Well, now I found a supposed marriage certificate LMP and Michael, I say alleged because it has opposed the affidavit signed and sealed and we all saw, in this document are no signatures or seals.
There is a story dated January 28, 2010 in which he Dominican Judge Hugo Alvarez, the judge allegedly made official marriage (do not understand how a judge can take a document and sell it) said that he sold the alleged marriage certificate to a house New York auction.

The document "Declaration sworn of marriage" signed by Michael Jackson and Lisa Marie Presley was eventually auctioned and sold confirmed the Dominican judge Hugo Alvarez, who officiated the ceremony in 1994.

Alvarez confirm ImagenesDominicanas.com - telephone - that after having saved the important document, by more than 10 years without that nobody made case when it decided to donate it to a Dominican; Museum He received an offer which finally ended with his sales last Saturday by $70.800 Philip Weiss Auction auction house.

Continue reading...
"It is a historic and important document which was deteriorating," said Hugo Alvarez who noted that "until plasticised it, to keep it". "Assured that"no other institution, or Museum made him case", only the Hard Rock cafe Santo Domingo, administrators who have a replica of the Act on display at your local".

The judge told had to travel to New York to concretize the sale issued to pop Michael Jackson and Lisa Marie Presley, daughter of rock'n ' roll, Elvis Presley, who married on 26 May 1994 in the Dominican Republic icon legend original marriage certificate. (Here you can see a copy of the minutes).

The King of pop married on 26 May 1994 in La Vega actress Lisa Marie Presley. Initially believed that it was a joke and judge Hugh Francisco Alvarez had to talk a lot with local and international media for that event.

On that occasion only the judge said that only claimed RD$ 700 pesos according to a note in today date signed by Manuel Jiménez. On that occasion Jackson arrived in the country by the Punta Aguila in La Romana airport and hospedo in Casa de Campo.

See a copy of the marriage act of Michael Jackson
According to the revelations of the former Prosecutor Francisco Alvarez, Billy Jean interpreter intended to marry aboard an aircraft over the skies of the Dominican Republic for more privacy, but told legal elements hindered the nuptial Act be undertaken thus.

10: 00 A.m. the 26 of may came to urbanization El Campito de La Vega, where the ceremony took place in the most strict privacy, not even allowed the presence of family members of the civil officer. Jackson's lawyers asked total hermetism.
<!-- m -->http://www.imagenesdominicanas.com/2009 ... ey-se.html<!-- m -->

[URL = <!-- m -->http://img403.imageshack.us/i/366149633 ... e457o.jpg/<!-- m -->] <!-- m -->http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/6937 ... ae457o.jpg<!-- m --> [/ IMG] [/ URL]

Subido con [URL = <!-- m -->http://imageshack.us<!-- m -->] ImageShack.us [/ URL]

Comments

• paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    That's the point is not signatures or seals. And the story that this act was auctioned, it's garbage <!-- s:geek: -->:geek:<!-- s:geek: -->
  • MissGMissG Posts: 7,403
    No signature, no legality.
  • I saw a picture of it on the internet; it had both signatures.
    <!-- m -->http://www.popcrunch.com/michael-jackso ... d-for-70k/<!-- m -->

The Jackson-Presley certificate is one of the most important celebrity documents of the 20th century, right up there with Charles and Diana’s and Monroe and DiMaggio’s wedding certificates. The 8 ½ inch by 10 ¾ inch sheet was signed by both stars and was also signed by State Official Hugo F. Perez. It had been laminated to protect it from the Dominican humidity.

<!-- m -->http://antiques-collectibles-auction-ne ... -auctions/<!-- m -->

Here's a picture. Seal & all:
    <!-- m -->http://www.prlog.org/10406975-original- ... -2224.html<!-- m -->

This one's a little bigger:
    <!-- m -->http://www.worthpoint.com/worth-points/ ... -auctioned<!-- m -->

Love Eternally...
    This document is not a marriage certificate is a sworn statement
  • Then why does it say...

The original marriage certificate issued to Michael Jackson and Lisa Marie Presley—signed by both Jackson and Presley—on May 26, 1994 in the Dominican Republic?

If this is a fake or just a sworn statement (I can't read it) wouldn't that come out as such by the person that bought it?
    ei false pretenses?...

If I spent that much money on something I'd want the real deal as advertised.
    The document says "affidavit", no marriage certificate, if that's what the media says is what "auction" is garbage.
    Gem or another, these are links of the marriage certificate and affidavit, please post pictures <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: -->

[URL = <!-- m -->http://img403.imageshack.us/i/366149633<!-- m --> ... e457o.jpg /] <!-- m -->http://www.worthpoint.com/worth-points/<!-- m --> ... -Subasta
    Gem or another, these are links of the marriage certificate and affidavit, please post pictures <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: -->

<!-- m -->http://img403.imageshack.us/i/366149633%20...%20e457<!-- m -->
    <!-- m -->http://www.worthpoint.com/worth-points/ ... 20-Subasta<!-- m -->

It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image.
  • I don't buy it.

If there was not a real certificate of marriage, then why would her mother, and the media been so surprised when they found out. We all know the panic of MsPrissy when it proved true & the media firestorm it caused. If it were not a legal marriage she would not have fought it so. There was only ONE thing on her mind; protecting Elvis' estate from Michael. <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->

A sworn statement is a document that attorneys acquire for verification of the authenticity and legality of a certificate, No one would pay $60,000.00 for something that is not authentic, and legal. Why would there be an affidavit stating they are married?
    --and they were married. MJ and LMP were legally married and legally divorced. She asked for her legal name back.
    How can you be legally divorced if you were never legally MARRIED!?

Is there any proof this certificate that sold is fake? Please share any proof to support your statement.

I've seen none.
    I am not sure if a marriage registered in Domenican Republic is automatically registered and accepted in USA.
    There is a marriage certificate and in her neither the signatures nor the stamps are seen, in this record a person called Eve Darling appears, as investigate she is a member of the cienciologia.
    - Eve Darling, some Elvis Presley Assistant property of the family;
    Is unturn with the Presleys, Priscilla and Lisa. It is to do with the Presley, Priscilla and Lisa.

Name: Priscilla Presley
    Profession: actress Profesión: Actriz
    Status: in since 1979, L11, Grade 2, introduced by John Travolta
    Achievement: "The naked gun", "Dallas", perfumes, wife of Elvis
    Sources: Premiere 9/93, Celebrity #280, #290, #294, #355, Source #32
    "Child Bride" by Suzanne Finstad (also says she is not yet OT3)
    New York Post 28.8.2005
    Celebrity 1980 Celebrity 1980
    had Milton Katselas as a teacher Milton había Katselas como profesor
    Children Lisa Marie Presley and Navarone Garibaldi also members

Name: Lisa Marie Presley
    Lisa Marie Presley Lisa Marie Presley
    Profession: Elvis heir
    Achievement: Married to Michael Jackson - has filed divorce
    Sources: Premiere 9/93, Reuter 5.10.88, Source #103
    Source #94 (mentioned in Peter Reichelt's book)
    Celebrity 1980 Celebrity 1980
    See also: <!-- m -->http://www.i-lisa-marie.com<!-- m -->
    about the allegation that LMP is another person

<!-- m -->http://forums.whyweprotest.net/587878-post65<!-- m -->
  • Real or not. Both talked publicly about the fact that they were married. So to me that settles it. When I watch the Diane Sawyer interview with MJ and Lisa Marie, I see so much love and real happiness on his face. Watch this part and #2 to find key statements they make about surrounding circumstances.
    [youtube:i7st8rlb]
    It also gives a glimse into the legal and privacy issues that they had to deal with. Also there were the allegations swirling around at the time too. They could have had a huge public wedding like Diana and Charles, and what a grand thing that would have been. I drool just imagining it, but they chose not to probably because Michael seemed to want his career and art very huge and edgy, but his personal life very extremely private and hidden. 2 understandable extremes. Plus I'm sure he was saddened by the royal marriage's painful collapse and maybe wanted to avoid that. The other video YANA with Lisa Marie, MJ is so completely smitten with her, it screams out of his eyes and smile. It actually would not surprise me if down the road no matter how many years, other men in her life and children by them, would elapse, that they might return to the relationship. In the first interview with Diane, Michael said how he was shocked when he found Lisa was already married because he said he felt like that was supposed to be him.

AMEN.
    He LOVED her...Body language doesn't lie.
    Watch how they interact in the Prime Time Live Interview & all the other videos of them together. She reaches for him; he takes her hand, and he puts his arm on the back of her chair. Look at the professional photographs they had taken together. I used to be a Portrait Photographer. You can't fake that in pictures. The professional photog. that took their wedding shots and showed them to ET even says so too. A Photog. knows...you can tell by the eye contact, constant touching, hand holding & the touching of each other’s face. You don't nuzzle someone’s neck or hold their face in your hand & kiss them unless you're intimate with them. I’ve seen LMP do this over the yrs with Michael & he with her.

On the Certificate:
    Here is the meaning of a Sworn Statement:

Sworn Statement Law & Legal Definition

Sworn statement is a statement that is given under oath or under penalty of perjury. It can be oral or written. It is similar to an affidavit and the only difference is that it is not witnessed and sealed by a notary public. Usually the person making the statement signs a separate endorsement present at the end of the document stating that the declaration is made under penalty of perjury.

It is just something to verify that a legal action such as a marriage was actual. Proven with a seal and a witness or witnesses. Which, of course, was Lisa's former brother-in law. Are we supposed to tell the people at Dominican Republic how to construct their legal documents? <!-- s:| -->:|<!-- s:| --> I'm sure, this is already a sort of a "template" for marriage contracts.

Here's a basic interpretation:
    In the city of _______Dominican Republic, this 26th day of May, before me, ___name__________ in my capacity as _________, at my residence and office situated _________came MJJ, singer,35, a resident of Los Angeles, California, U.S.A., with passport # _____son of JJ and KJ, and LMP, actress, 26 , a resident of LA, Calif, U.S.A. w/ passport #_____, daughter of EAP & PP, declaring their intention to marry. I declare that both parties have the legal capacity to do so and are entering into this contract of their own free will and that there is no existing impediments for the marriage to take place, and have complied with all legal requirements. Therefore, know all men by this presents, that the contracting parties have hereunto signed this certificate in accordance w State Civil Law #659 contained in par. 4 of article 68.

What does it take for a contract, marriage or otherwise, to be valid...
    1) consenting parties who are of legal age and has the capacity to enter into a contract,
    2) it must be executed before or witnessed by a person authorized to do so, and
    3) no legal impediments

Here's another page:
    <!-- m -->http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/6937 ... ae457o.jpg<!-- m -->

L.O.V.E. Eternally
    Here's another page:

L.O.V.E. Eternally[/color]
    Looks like a draft.
    Where is the stamp?
    .. There is a saying that says "love and money are two things you can not hide."
    I've seen that video in more than one occasion, and I see no love in PML, the fact that a person smiled with another does not mean you are in love.

try to be as objective as possible and never fall into fanaticism.
    Otherwise, the marriage certificate for some reason you do not see him or stamps or signatures, in case they were married, has anyone seen the divorce document?
  • As I said. I used to be a Portrait Photographer; I know how to read people. No fantasy required.
    I've given two links & the legal definition. One with both signatures and a seal, and the new one. The burden of proof is not mine.
    Some people will refuse to believe regardless of evidence, even from the horses mouth; what ever, it's not my job to convince you.
    Some can't forgive the past; even if it's PapCrap or twisted, edited interviews. That's human nature in motion I suppose...

Where's the L.O.V.E.?

If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing...
    As I said. I used to be a Portrait Photographer; I know how to read people. No fantasy required.
    I've given two links & the legal definition. One with both signatures and a seal, and the new one. The burden of proof is not mine.
    Some people will refuse to believe regardless of evidence, even from the horses mouth; what ever, it's not my job to convince you.
    Some can't forgive the past; even if it's PapCrap or twisted, edited interviews. That's human nature in motion I suppose...

Where's the L.O.V.E.?

If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing...

Uh? <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

MsTrinity333, for your judgemental response I guess that you have not read some of the theories of this forum regarding the marriage certificate and why that certificate has been questioned.

Yes, you are right, it´s human nature....
  • Well isn't that special.
    I don't put much faith in theories... <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    Just plausible facts. I didn't judge anybody.

• On the Certificate:

Sworn statement is a statement that is given under oath or under penalty of perjury. It can be oral or written. It is similar to an affidavit and the only difference is that it is not witnessed and sealed by a notary public. Usually the person making the statement signs a separate endorsement present at the end of the document stating that the declaration is made under penalty of perjury.

It is just something to verify that a legal action such as a marriage was actual. Proven with a seal and a witness or witnesses. Which, of course, was Lisa's former brother-in law. Are we supposed to tell the people at Dominican Republic how to construct their legal documents? <!-- s:| -->:|<!-- s:| --> I'm sure, this is already a sort of a "template" for marriage contracts.

In the city of _______Dominican Republic, this 26th day of May, before me, ___name__________ in my capacity as _________, at my residence and office situated _________came MJJ, singer,35, a resident of Los Angeles, California, U.S.A., with passport # _____son of JJ and KJ, and LMP, actress, 26 , a resident of LA, Calif, U.S.A. w/ passport #_____, daughter of EAP & PP, declaring their intention to marry. I declare that both parties have the legal capacity to do so and are entering into this contract of their own free will and that there is no existing impediments for the marriage to take place, and have complied with all legal requirements. Therefore, know all men by this presents, that the contracting parties have hereunto signed this certificate in accordance w State Civil Law #659 contained in par. 4 of article 68.

1) consenting parties who are of legal age and has the capacity to enter into a contract,
    3) no legal impediments

Here's another page:

L.O.V.E. Eternally

Let's take another look at the Michael Jackson / Lisa Marie Presley certificate:

mariagelicence.jpg

"portador de pasaporte estadounidense 034643028" -> U.S. passport holder 034643028.

1993passport_marked.jpg

The passport states "Michael Joe Jackson", yet the certificate states "Michael Joseph Jackson".

That's the first error, let's continue:

Joseph Jackson -> that should have been Joseph Walter Jackson
    Kathreine Jackson -> that should have been Katherine Esther Jackson
    Elvis Aaron Presley -> that should have been Elvis Aron Presley
    Prisila Presley -> that should have been Priscilla Presley

So, since almost all the names of the people involved and especially the name of one of the persons who signed this certificate contain errors, non can he hold accountable. A fake of a fake is not fraud.
  • RKRK Posts: 3,019
    LMP is listed as an actress in that document. Tell me what has she acted in previously?
  • LMP is listed as an actress in that document. Tell me what has she acted in previously?

Lol, what?! Seriously? That's insane. I think her entire life has been an act.

• On the Certificate:

3) no legal impediments

Here's another page:

L.O.V.E. Eternally

Let's take another look at the Michael Jackson / Lisa Marie Presley certificate:

mariagelicence.jpg

"portador de pasaporte estadounidense 034643028" -> U.S. passport holder 034643028.

1993passport_marked.jpg

The passport states "Michael Joe Jackson", yet the certificate states "Michael Joseph Jackson".

That's the first error, let's continue:

Joseph Jackson -> that should have been Joseph Walter Jackson
    Kathreine Jackson -> that should have been Katherine Esther Jackson
    Elvis Aaron Presley -> that should have been Elvis Aron Presley
    Prisila Presley -> that should have been Priscilla Presley

So, since almost all the names of the people involved and especially the name of one of the persons who signed this certificate contain errors, non can he hold accountable. A fake of a fake is not fraud.

I see what you're saying; thanks for blowing it up for us to see.

Here's what a friend of mine has stated about that document:
    I speak Spanish and I worked in a Legal Office...I've seen soooo many marriage certificates, from all Hispanic countries. That is an Official Act and I can tell you cause I have experience! I used to translate them all the time, Marriage, Birth and Death certificates. As long as the seal is located at the bottom of the act, has a registration number (book, page, tome number as in, libro, pagina, toma numero, numbero de registracion) and it is signed by both parties it is valid and legal. (The translation that you have there is pretty good)
    A Sworn Declaration or Sworn Affidavit is also a valid act, because it is under penalty of perjury. It's like an oath. Plus, the information is totally correct. For an official party to put the seal and sign on behalf of the state is definitely serious deal.

I'll pass this info on to her and see what she finds. But ...how can you be legally divorced if you were never legally married?
    MsTrinity333, If it is true what you say about the information you have these documents is nearly all Latin America, birth certificates, death certificates, marriage certificates, divorce records, any documents to be recorded in front of a notary, civil or court leadership, all have the page number, book, number of volume, number of registration. Now that you think the marriage certificate that is in the link, I'm not saying that it is not, the problem is that firms are not seals

<!-- m -->http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/6937<!-- m --> ... ae457o.jpg
  • I'm sorry... I'm having trouble understanding:
    "Now that you think the marriage certificate that is in the link, I'm not saying that it is not, the problem is that firms are not seals"

Do you mean this document?

I've been trying to find a better picture that's more complete to send to my legal friend. as you can see the bottom is cut off. So far no luck. But I will post her answer as soon as I get some info from her.

What do you mean by "firms are not seals"? I'm not sure what you're asking. <!-- s:| -->:|<!-- s:| -->
    I'm using a translator ( are shit ), <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> i want to say that in that document are not signatures or the stamps