TIAI October 30

ForstAMoonForstAMoon Posts: 1,126
edited January 1970 in TIAI
Today goes to:

<!-- m -->http://www.life.com/timeline/232#index/7<!-- m -->

life.jpg

OCT 30, 1938
October 1938: War of the Worlds
On Oct. 30, 1938, up-and-coming actor and director Orson Welles stages a radio adapation of H.G. Welles' novel War of the Worlds set in modern-day New Jersey. Presented as a series of news bulletins and without commercial breaks, the intense broadcast convinces many that the Martian invasion may be real, sparking panic in communities throughout the country.

Comments

• lilwendylilwendy Posts: 788
    http://www.life.com/timeline/232#index/7

captureylt.jpg

Life.com
    Greatest Hoaxes Ever

Oct 30, 1938

On Oct. 30, 1938, up-and-coming actor and director Orson Welles stages a radio adapation of H.G. Welles' novel War of the Worlds set in modern-day New Jersey. Presented as a series of news bulletins and without commercial breaks, the intense broadcast convinces many that the Martian invasion may be real, sparking panic in communities throughout the country.
  • willddoMJwillddoMJ Posts: 699
    i so remember about that, know all about it :d got that recording on my pc <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> aliens really invading the world <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • loyalfanloyalfan Posts: 1,641
    WOW I AM EXCITED.............MICHEAL WE LOVE YOU..XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
  • The "War of the Worlds" hoax happened in 1938, which is 72 years ago.

7+2 = 9
  • AdiAdi Posts: 1,834
    Love this redirect <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->)

Hopefully soon the biggest and best of them all may soon be listed there!!!! <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->

Interesting scrolling and reading about all the others...if you get a chance see the movie "HOAX" with Richard Gere...it's about the Clifford Irving hoax...writing the fake Howard Hughes "autobiography" and selling it to LIFE magazine and McGraw-Hill. Classic.
  • melodymelody Posts: 196
    Another anniversary. <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P -->

Interesting collection of hoaxes they have there. The next slide seems very fitting don'tcha think? "Sometime hoaxes are good -- as in the case of the Hoax That Saved the World."

Speaking of "greatest" hoaxes ever, I'm surprised this wasn't included: [youtube:1vhr1edd]
    The spaghetti tree hoax.
    ... CNN called this broadcast "the biggest hoax that any reputable news establishment ever pulled."

<!-- m -->http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spaghetti_tree_hoax<!-- m -->
    Love this redirect <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->)

Hopefully soon the biggest and best of them all may soon be listed there!!!! <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->

My thoughts exactly! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • 2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
    Almost all of the hoaxes occured on the 1st January..... <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • October 1938: War of the Worlds

This redirect also reminds me of all the "bombs on planes" news yesterday which eventually ended with al-Qaida being blamed for making the bombs. al-Qaida = al Fake eda. Fake news again to create fear and panic, another red flag event..? It looks like we're heading towards something big.
  • ForstAMoonForstAMoon Posts: 1,126

This redirect also reminds me of all the "bombs on planes" news yesterday which eventually ended with al-Qaida being blamed for making the bombs. al-Qaida = al Fake eda. Fake news again to create fear and panic, another red flag event..? It looks like we're heading towards something big.

This is exactly my thinking of yesterday. The whole story is quite strange and gives very uncomfortable feeling. <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->
    Here's some thoughts from my blog: http://lilwendy.wordpress.com/2010/10/30/thoughts-on-tiai-1030-war-of-the-worlds/

Ok so TIAI redirected to War of the Worlds as one of the Greatest Hoaxes Ever today.
    So I started reading up on this hoax and went down a rabbit hole as usual that took me down several paths: Radio Project, Rockefellers, CBS, Sony, social experiments, etc.
    What I came across and where my thoughts took me I will attempt to note down here but I really feel like I’m losing my mind right now! LOL
    The lines of the truth and lies are blurring. Period.
    That’s really what I came up with. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
    That’s all… thanks for reading! <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
    Just kidding.

The reason War of the Worlds was so believable was because it combined what most people took as reality (news broadcasts, interrupting programs with information, etc.) with a fictitious story (alien invasion) and thus people believed it.
    Well we are living in this world on a daily basis!
    Here’s a couple of articles I read while in the rabbit hole:
    <!-- m -->http://thesop.org/story/art/2007/12/09/ ... rizing.php<!-- m -->
    <!-- m -->http://www.poynter.org/content/content_view.asp?id=3491<!-- m -->
    Then I started thinking: All the crapola on TMZ, the disclaimer that states clearly that none of the articles are necessarily true, and on sites like CNN that have the same disclaimer…. NOTHING that is presented to us in the media is necessarily true! In fact, journalists can fabricate information with no repercussions, and mix it with truth, stick a photograph with the picture (that could be from a totally different time) and sell it as a truthful article!
    Then a couple of thoughts crossed my mind…. Well if journalists can write articles as truth, then why can’t I? Why can’t I just start creating a truth for myself on my blog…. Because I blogged about it, does that mean it’s now true?
    Then I thought, ok here I am … the past 16 months my truth in my heart has been that MJ is alive, despite all the media telling me he is dead. Polls asking if people think MJ is alive or dead. Hey…. Is this all part of a massive project to see what is people’s reality… what they will believe?
    Then I remember TS talking about coming up with a coherent theory. One that combines everything that we “know” into one story… one believable story. This was triggered while reading one of the articles above. It states that “writers of fiction use fact to make their work believable.” So the bottom line is, what do we believe is believable? I could make up ANYTHING and as long as I mix it with fact, enough truth to make it plausible, then people just may believe MJ is alive.
    Some of us can believe that MJ would fake his death, and leave his family for over a year, for some greater good. Some of us can’t comprehend him leaving his kids for that long so he couldn’t be alive. But which is true? It’s all perception.
    We my friends are getting quite the lesson on understanding why we believe what we believe.
    I will be posting more on this, however, it is almost 3am and I’m concerned I may not be thinking entirely clearly at this point! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • trublutrublu Posts: 1,011
    I am very much liking todays redirect. Thank you TS.
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    A few thought crossed my mind:

Alien invasions: All the news lately about aliens and UFO's makes me think they might go and try it again.

Orson Welles: Mr. Kane in Citizen Kane, a movie from 1941 by himself. You absolutely should watch this movie. It's great and it has so many links to MJ. <!-- m -->http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizen_Kane#Plot<!-- m -->

Broadcast: "Presented as a series of news bulletins and without commercial breaks, the intense broadcast convinces many that the Martian invasion may be real, sparking panic in communities throughout the country." Maybe Mike will have an intense broadcast as well, to convince people of his message, this time without it being a hoax.

Redirect: TS seems to be redirecting on a regular base again, while he said he wouldn't, unless there was progress in the Eliza case or Murray case. Maybe we are heading to something. To the "War of the Worlds" maybe?

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• trublutrublu Posts: 1,011
    Maybe Mike will have an intense broadcast as well, to convince people of his message, this time without it being a hoax.

You know I've been thinking about this for a while and I think even if that happened there would still be people believing it's not true! That it's an impersonator or something. That's how much I think some people believe in the media. It's insane. The media would have to admit they were wrong, which would a fantastic day for the world I think <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • Dear TS I am grateful for this re-direct, let's see what we can make of it!

I have read all of the above comments, Lilwendy, Mo, Souza, Trublu..etc and all are very valid:
    -Power of the media - Take a lie and put a bit of Truth around it and everybody beLIEves it. We see what we want to see: Believers and Non-Believers both watch TMZ but take away a very different message!
    -People are so conditioned they can be made to beLIEve anything
    -Parallel with MJ revealing himself through a broadcast and delivering his message.

In addition, I have noticed that:
    -The first words on the page are World War II
    -The Orson Wells radio Broadcasts were done in October 1938, roughly a year before the second World War started (September 1st 1939)
    -The topic was martian invasion ---> There has been lately strange news about UFO's...etc

Hopefully, this redirect is about the role of the media in "make beLIEve" and in the Hoax rather than an attempt to demonstrate a possible parallel between current events and World War III (History repeating itself ).

With L.O.V.E
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    I think that hysteria that provoke Orson Welles that disseminating a series of false news bulletins explaining that the land was being attacked by invaders from Mars Halloween night demonstrated the power of mass media and how easy it is to manipulate society.
  • anewfananewfan Posts: 1,125
    Do you think that's why TMZ often has alien type faces imbedded into many of their pictures? Maybe they do that on the stories that are bogus? (Which seems to be most of them...) I don't know....

There were even alien type pics in the background of the Oprah and LMP interview. Don't know what that means but....

This hoax hurts my head.... <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
    Here's one of many alien-like images that appeared on the Oprah/LMP interview. (I posted it again in case anyone missed it in the interview thread.) Connecting the dots?

• lilwendy - this was an excellent post...even at 3am! I totally agree, and I loved the following line that you wrote:

We my friends are getting quite the lesson on understanding why we believe what we believe.

It's all in the perception and makes total sense. It very well could be a combination of most of these theories. Michael has taken truths and non-truths, mixed them together like spaghetti (like how I add the hoax from an above comment) and that is why we can't narrow it down to one reason why he'd hoax his death.

I'm reminded of the picture where at first glance you see one thing, like an old woman, and then upon further examination looking at the picture on a larger scale you see a beautiful maiden. Or, the artists who hide pictures within pictures. Our words and actions are like that as well.

I was on a long difficult project for work and for a time a few who didn't know me perceived me to be uncooperative, a non-team player, and not willing to adapt to change. However, once they got to know me they began to understand that what they perceived in their mind was not really the case at all. I am actually the opposite. It was their perception based on mindset, personality differences, and quick judgment. Had they taken the time to ask questions, get to know me, and look beyond the superficial first they would have realized long before that I was actually totally the opposite of what they perceived. We are often too quick to judge a person before we really get to know them. First impressions are extremely important in establishing how a person is perceived but our natures are complex and demand that we look beyond the outside of a person and take them as a whole in order to truly appreciate who they are. I have asked people - what makes a person normal? Is it what you think is normal or I think is normal?

Blessings to each of you this wonderful Saturday. Happy Harvest!

Here's some thoughts from my blog: http://lilwendy.wordpress.com/2010/10/30/thoughts-on-tiai-1030-war-of-the-worlds/

Ok so TIAI redirected to War of the Worlds as one of the Greatest Hoaxes Ever today.
    So I started reading up on this hoax and went down a rabbit hole as usual that took me down several paths: Radio Project, Rockefellers, CBS, Sony, social experiments, etc.
    What I came across and where my thoughts took me I will attempt to note down here but I really feel like I’m losing my mind right now! LOL
    The lines of the truth and lies are blurring. Period.
    That’s really what I came up with. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
    That’s all… thanks for reading! <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
    Just kidding.

The reason War of the Worlds was so believable was because it combined what most people took as reality (news broadcasts, interrupting programs with information, etc.) with a fictitious story (alien invasion) and thus people believed it.
    Well we are living in this world on a daily basis!
    Here’s a couple of articles I read while in the rabbit hole:
    <!-- m -->http://thesop.org/story/art/2007/12/09/ ... rizing.php<!-- m -->
    <!-- m -->http://www.poynter.org/content/content_view.asp?id=3491<!-- m -->
    Then I started thinking: All the crapola on TMZ, the disclaimer that states clearly that none of the articles are necessarily true, and on sites like CNN that have the same disclaimer…. NOTHING that is presented to us in the media is necessarily true! In fact, journalists can fabricate information with no repercussions, and mix it with truth, stick a photograph with the picture (that could be from a totally different time) and sell it as a truthful article!
    Then a couple of thoughts crossed my mind…. Well if journalists can write articles as truth, then why can’t I? Why can’t I just start creating a truth for myself on my blog…. Because I blogged about it, does that mean it’s now true?
    Then I thought, ok here I am … the past 16 months my truth in my heart has been that MJ is alive, despite all the media telling me he is dead. Polls asking if people think MJ is alive or dead. Hey…. Is this all part of a massive project to see what is people’s reality… what they will believe?
    Then I remember TS talking about coming up with a coherent theory. One that combines everything that we “know” into one story… one believable story. This was triggered while reading one of the articles above. It states that “writers of fiction use fact to make their work believable.” So the bottom line is, what do we believe is believable? I could make up ANYTHING and as long as I mix it with fact, enough truth to make it plausible, then people just may believe MJ is alive.
    Some of us can believe that MJ would fake his death, and leave his family for over a year, for some greater good. Some of us can’t comprehend him leaving his kids for that long so he couldn’t be alive. But which is true? It’s all perception.
    I will be posting more on this, however, it is almost 3am and I’m concerned I may not be thinking entirely clearly at this point! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
    @lilwendy & @voiceforthesilent....Thank you for your thoughts. You always know how to present them in a way that is kind, respectful, and eye-opening. And I have always loved the question...."What is normal?" The people that march to the beat of their own drums are usually the most interesting people!! (Those are my favorite kinds of students.)
  • THE POWER OF TRUTHINESS and BULLSH**T HAS BEEN AROUND A LOOOOONNNG TIME AND WE MUST BE A MOVEMENT OF RESISTANCE

"Love is our Resistance"

"Throughout history, culture and art have always been the celebration of freedom under oppression." - Author unknown

<!-- m -->http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protest_art<!-- m -->

God Bless Michael Jackson for using his Art as Resistance.

Truthiness
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaJump to: navigation, search

Stephen Colbert announces that "The Wørd" of the night is truthiness, during the premiere episode of The Colbert Report.Truthiness is a "truth" that a person claims to know intuitively "from the gut" without regard to evidence, logic, intellectual examination, or facts.[1]

American television comedian Stephen Colbert coined the word in this meaning [2] as the subject of a segment called "The Wørd" during the pilot episode of his political satire program The Colbert Report on October 17, 2005. By using this as part of his routine, Colbert satirized the misuse of appeal to emotion and "gut feeling" as a rhetorical device in contemporaneous socio-political discourse.[3]

Colbert chose the word truthiness just moments before taping the premiere episode of The Colbert Report on October 17, 2005, after deciding that the originally scripted word – "truth" – was not absolutely ridiculous enough. "We're not talking about truth, we're talking about something that seems like truth – the truth we want to exist", he explained.[11] He introduced his definition in the first segment of the episode, saying: "Now I'm sure some of the 'word police', the 'wordinistas' over at Webster's are gonna say, 'Hey, that's not a word'. Well, anybody who knows me knows I'm no fan of dictionaries or reference books. They're elitist. Constantly telling us what is or isn't true. Or what did or didn't happen."[4]

Truthiness is tearing apart our country, and I don't mean the argument over who came up with the word…
    It used to be, everyone was entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts. But that's not the case anymore. Facts matter not at all. Perception is everything. It's certainty. People love the President because he's certain of his choices as a leader, even if the facts that back him up don't seem to exist. It's the fact that he's certain that is very appealing to a certain section of the country. I really feel a dichotomy in the American populace. What is important? What you want to be true, or what is true?…

Truthiness is 'What I say is right, and [nothing] anyone else says could possibly be true.' It's not only that I feel it to be true, but that I feel it to be true. There's not only an emotional quality, but there's a selfish quality.
    [/color]
    <!-- s:arrow: -->:arrow:<!-- s:arrow: --> <!-- s:arrow: -->:arrow:<!-- s:arrow: --> <!-- s:arrow: -->:arrow:<!-- s:arrow: --> On Bullshit
    From Wikipedia
    On Bullshit is an essay by philosopher Harry Frankfurt. Originally published in the journal Raritan in 1986, the essay was republished as a separate volume in 2005 and became a nonfiction bestseller, spending twenty-seven weeks on the New York Times Best Seller list.[1]

In the essay, Frankfurt defines a theory of bullshit, defining the concept and analyzing its applications. Both lies and bullshit can either be true or false but bullshitters aim primarily to impress and persuade their audiences, and in general are unconcerned with the truth or falsehood of their statements (it is because of this that Frankfurt concedes that "the bullshitter is faking things", but that "this does not necessarily mean he gets them wrong"). While liars need to know the truth to better conceal it, bullshitters, interested solely in advancing their own agendas, have no use for the truth. Thus, Frankfurt claims, "...bullshit is a greater enemy of the truth than lies are" (Frankfurt 61).

May We Not Always Live By Lies and Fear

[youtube:aqiygshk]
  • I'm not good at numerology but the date
    OCT 30, 1938 does that add up to 7

TS great redirect
  • naviblnavibl Posts: 117
    Some very compelling information! However in this case I have to ask myself..Is the Reg Flag the DIS champaign? Why would intelligence officials want to keep things a secret? Our Govt is spending billions to send probes into space to study meteors orbiting other planets? I just wonder! On occasion, go to the OSHO website, the one probe that is suppose to be studying the Sun for solar activity that is on the rise takes pictures. These are real live streams, take a look at what is going on, there are bright lights moving all over the place. And then listen to the people that Governments are trying to silence. Hmmmmm Who is Who and how do we know?

I just keep referring to Esphesians 6:12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[a] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

There are (9) ranks of Angels listed in the book of Enoch...

First Hierarchy - Seraphim - Cherubim - Ophanim (Thrones/Wheels)
    Second Hierarchy - Thrones (Gr. thronos) - Dominions (Gr. kuriotes) - Principalities (Gr. arche)
    Third Hierarchy - Powers (Gr. exousia) - Archangels - Angels

Principalities and Power were of some of the rank of the fallen angels. So in retrospect it would seem that scripture means literally, these beings are waging war in the heaven (high places) They exist in dimensions that we can’t see because God does not allow us to see them. The bible speaks of mens hearts failing them for fear of what they see. Fallen angels are ruled by Satan, and their offspring still exist on the earth today, in the true ranks of the Illuminati. And we know that the day is coming that the battle will become visible, because the enemy’s goal is to deceive us and make us think he is the ruler. Many will be deceived if they are not aware that such things exist and who and what they are. The video will explain more.

If you go and research these Angels__
    <!-- m -->http://angelstoday.net/?lang=en&way=1in ... on/1angels<!-- m -->

You will see that some of them look shocking. They are powerful, and God sent them when man was created to teach us how to maintain and be equipped to live on earth. God didn’t just dump us here and say have at it. We had to learn and they were our teachers. Unfortunately some of the teachers had a thing for their students so to speak…LOL

Which is why scripture says the son’s of God went in unto the daughters of man and they had children (Nephilim) Some religions say that the Son’s of God were the children of Israel, but I really hate to point out that the children of Israel did not exist in Noah’s day..
    And so, to finally to get to my point, take a look at the following video, it is rather unnerving, but maybe HG WELLS wasn’t so extreme and maybe HIS hoax was to bring awareness….
    It really is all for Love and I truly LOVE this Army.

<!-- m -->http://www.youtube.com/user/navibl#p/c/ ... CxQGxyxJ28<!-- m -->
  • The "War of the Worlds" hoax happened 72 years ago today.

7 + 2 = 9
  • @lilwendy & @voiceforthesilent....Thank you for your thoughts. You always know how to present them in a way that is kind, respectful, and eye-opening. And I have always loved the question...."What is normal?" The people that march to the beat of their own drums are usually the most interesting people!! (Those are my favorite kinds of students.)

Awe - thank you for your kindness. Yes, hidden inside those that march to the beat of their own drums lies the leaders and creative geniuses that most of us wish we were.