Joke- Oprah on MJ album cover? Confidante?

MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
edited January 1970 in His Music & (Short) Films
Was this mentioned anywhere? I saw it on the trashy National Inquirer at the store.
Oprah Winfrey ‘Demands Money to Appear on Michael Jackson Album Cover’Thursday November 4, 2010

OPRAH Winfrey refused to appear on the cover of Michael Jackson’s new album of never-released material — because she wasn’t getting paid!

According to American tabloid the National Enquirer, billionaire Oprah — who has previously interviewed tragic Michael, sister Janet Jackson and recently recorded a special with mom Katherine Jackson and children Prince, Paris and Blanket — was asked to appear in a group photo on the cover of the new record.

Oprah apparently agreed — but then decided she wouldn’t pose after Sony balked at her demands to be financially rewarded.

“Oprah’s always positioned herself as a confidante to the Jackson family, coming off like she cares deeply about Michael and the welfare of his children,” a source said. “So when Sony executives asked her to appear in a group photo on the cover of a soon-to-be-released album featuring songs Michael’s fans have never heard before, you’d think she’d jump at the chance to promote a project that will ultimately benefit his fatherless children, but…WRONG!

“Oprah said she’d appear on the cover — along with dozens of other people who were influential in Michael’s life — ONLY if she received financial participation in the album!”

Comments

• Well... "I't's all gonna come out, It's all gonna unfold..." <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->
  • trustno1trustno1 Posts: 654
    Hmmmm........We'll see if Oprah responds to this one. Even if it is just the National Enquirer. Oprah isn't exactly short on cash, is she?! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • SanitySanity Posts: 81
    Oh dear me.

If Oprah is so obsessed with Michael's child molestation case, why would she want to be associated with him? I don't understand that woman.
  • “Oprah said she’d appear on the cover — along with dozens of other people who were influential in Michael’s life — ONLY if she received financial participation in the album!”

I don't recall Oprah being influential in Michael's life...unless it was in a negative manner. I do recall that MIchael was influential in Oprah's life though. In my opinion she's probably has big as she is because of that interview he allowed her to do in the 90's.

Taking that into consideration we need to remember that we are getting this from a tabloid and can't believe everything we hear...

Blessings <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->