MJ Blogger Admonishes Non-Believers!

SoldierofLOVESoldierofLOVE Posts: 993
edited January 1970 in News
Bonnie Cox of Michael Jackson Justice, does a slam dunk for hoaxers!

See here: <!-- m -->http://michaelsguardian.blogspot.com/<!-- m -->

Saturday, November 27, 2010
Second Chances and Saving Graces
Second Chances - It IS About Faith

Before the Thanksgiving break, the blog <!-- m -->http://michaelsguardian.blogspot.com/20 ... art-2.html<!-- m --> stirred up some emotions in people that I am still trying to understand. I stated my belief in an issue to do with Michael and some individuals begin shutting their ears and eyes to everything else that has been discussed on this blog.

Needless to say, the more I think about this, the angrier I get. This blog has never been predominently about Michael being alive or deceased. The subject has reared it's head in discussion and when I come upon evidence that could be viewed either way, some want to see it only their way. The reasons they adhere to only one possible outcome vary from "he wouldn't do this to fans or his children", to "what I perceive to be his values" to "Michael will not get justice" and "I can't entertain a hoax theory".

Here is why I am angry about this:

Not one person visiting this blog knows what Michael lived with. Nor do they know what Michael's children lived with. Michael was not safe. In the same respect his children were not safe. Therefore wouldn't it be much closer to Michael's "values" to put a stop to the danger? If Michael's children were in danger, wouldn't he have moved Heaven and earth to make sure they were safe?

Would Michael, KNOWING his life was in danger, choose to let them kill him than to take action and plan to secure their future?

Michael knew they were trying to kill him since at LEAST 2005. I have a harder time believing Michael did nothing about it, risking the future of his children, then I do the possibility of him being alive.

Michael wouldn't do this to his fans? This is going to sound a bit harsh, but that's a pretty selfish statement to make. This statement is about what we want and not what Michael needed to do to save his own life. It is short sighted and incredibly unfair to Michael, if he did happen to make it.

To top this, certain individuals insist on leaving the blog because this subject has made a serious appearance twice out of the 209 Blog updates covering other issues in regard to Sony's attempted enslavement and theft of Michael's music. Sony is not even the only danger.

Well, again this is going to sound "direct" but this blog is not about you. It is about Michael and ALL SUBJECTS will be researched, posted and discussed.

It is also disingenuous to suggest that justice will not be had for Michael if we allow the possibility that he made it. On the contrary, no fan I know would sit on their laurels if they knew the bad guys had to be exposed and caught before Michael could be reunited with his children. They would search and fight even harder for him.

One would also think that, if justice will elude Michael if he is alive, then just what are our priorities? Do we thirst so much for someone to hang?

If we entertain the thought of Michael being alive, that means that the people you were told by others were guilty . . . would in fact be innocent. That means AEG would be innocent. That means Dr. Murray would be innocent of at least murder/manslaughter. That means that there is a possibility that SOME of the perceived bad guys might actually be good guys. It would upset the ideology of many on who was guilty or innocent. What scares me is that in the minds of some, Michael HAS TO BE DEAD so that they are right.

Think about it.

Would Michael let an innocent man go to jail? (another argument for "dead") No, of course not. But to date, no one has gone to jail. Dr. Murray has not even been charged with murder. Dr. Murray has not even stood trial as of yet. Dr. Murray was not even handcuffed even though he reportedly ran. Michael did not want another person to feel the way he felt when he was handcuffed? The possibility exists.

Did we just fail this test?

Handcuffing Justice

Not a one of us here know FOR SURE what happened. And until we do, we have to entertain ALL POSSIBILITIES, EVIDENCE AND LEADS. Anything less than that and WE are short cutting possibilities for real justice for the sake of what we are comfortable with.

Michael was not a conventional guy. He did not play it safe. If there was a goal he went for it and achieved it. He broke records and accomplished the impossible in music. Why would he not seek to do the same to improve the quality of life for himself and his children and to protect them?

It is every bit about faith. Faith is responsible for every achievement accomplished by Michael or anyone else. Common sense and reality is subjective those setting the standard for others. It is a box that most geniuses think outside of to achieve greatness. Common sense will keep you within your budget but it has never been guilty of realizing and accomplishing dreams.

Common Sense Would Have Kept Michael Out of the Record Books

Now if you want to close your eyes and leave this blog because of what you cannot accept, then you are more than free to do so. There is no need to announce it and threaten me into "submission". But no one is going to be bullied into keeping their observations silent.

This blog has ALWAYS been about JUSTICE and Michael DESERVES IT whether he is dead or alive. If you cannot see Michael obtaining justice while he is alive, then that is YOUR shortcoming, not mine. Own it and stop deflecting blame onto me and this blog.

Those of you who have been honest and explained personal reasons for having problems with the subject of him being alive, I THANK YOU for sharing that and I respect and understand that. I have been there. I have cried after being torn in two back and forth over the evidence for one side or the other. It hurts! I know this. I feared going into this territory for so long. But I can't if I am going to be honest with myself and open myself to all evidence. I understand if you are not there.

One of the reasons I do believe in the possibility of Michael being alive is all the murders that have occured since HIS, of people that were connected to Michael. I have a ton of information about Ronni Chasen that has yet to be discussed. If you have any reason to doubt just why Michael would have to "do this" to his fans or "do this" to his children, you look at all the people that have been killed AFTER JUNE 25TH in connection to this.

Hopefully we can stop discriminating against the evidence available and get serious about justice not only for Michael but the people that have been killed around him.

I am going to need your help. I can't do this by myself. It's that simple.

Justice for Michael . . . Dead or alive.

Here is a story of two entities that got a second chance, adorably told by a little girl. (She is amazing! Listen to her narrate this story!)

The story of Jonah from Corinth Baptist Church on Vimeo.

Michael on FAITH:

Leap of Faith - It is About Love

Michael Talks about Faith and the Lord

And this . . . when you get down to it, is the reason Michael was so persecuted. This is one of the most beautifully put together videos I have come across and I hope some don't take this the wrong way. Michael truly tried, they saw this, it was working, and they had to put a stop to it.

It IS About Love and Always has Been....

"There is no greater love than a man to lay down his life for his friends . . . " Jesus

It was about the message.

Love from a Child's Heart . . . Give Faith a Chance

Comments

• LavdHimLavdHim Posts: 352
    One of the reasons I do believe in the possibility of Michael being alive is all the murders that have occured since HIS, of people that were connected to Michael. I have a ton of information about Ronni Chasen that has yet to be discussed. If you have any reason to doubt just why Michael would have to "do this" to his fans or "do this" to his children, you look at all the people that have been killed AFTER JUNE 25TH in connection to this.

what does it mean ? what connection does it have with michael ? <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
  • One of the reasons I do believe in the possibility of Michael being alive is all the murders that have occured since HIS, of people that were connected to Michael. I have a ton of information about Ronni Chasen that has yet to be discussed. If you have any reason to doubt just why Michael would have to "do this" to his fans or "do this" to his children, you look at all the people that have been killed AFTER JUNE 25TH in connection to this.

what does it mean ? what connection does it have with michael ? <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->

I'm not sure who Ronni Chasen is, so I guess some research is in order. But, Michael's attorney Peter Lopez is one that has died (suicide or murder - nobody has cleared that up) since June 25th. Peter had information but it's strange to me that we don't hear more about this. I sometimes wonder if that was a fake too.

I loved what Bonnie wrote. She told it so clearly that anyone with any common sense would have to entertain the possibility of Michael being alive. And I agree - Justice for Michael - dead or alive. Blessings.

EDIT: I remember now, she's the publicist that was shot in her car.

<!-- m -->http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/t ... 6JpGaDIalJ<!-- m -->

No motive, no weapon, no witnesses, no suspects. The murder of veteran film publicist Ronni Chasen, shot to death 12 days ago while driving home from a movie premiere through Beverly Hills, is the ultimate Hollywood case, studded with the kind of random details that make it both kitschy and creepy.

Chasen, 64, had just left the after-party for "Burlesque," the camp film of the year. The cops secured surveillance video from the Buddy Hackett estate on North Whittier Drive showing her car traveling south after the shooting and then crashing into a lamppost. In 1946, Howard Hughes crashed his plane on the same street. Gangster Bugsy Siegel was gunned down near here, too.

Chasen had spent more than 30 years working as a publicist, had built up an impressive client list and crafted a sterling reputation, available to stars, directors and producers day or night. She spent nearly every evening on the town, at dinners, premieres, events. She was friendly with everyone from Michael Douglas to Elliott Gould to Bono. She was hardly ever alone.

But early Tuesday morning, she was, and by a little after midnight she was dying, slumped over her steering wheel, blood pouring from her chest and out of her nose. The violent shooting death of one of Hollywood's most respected publicists -- on a well-lit street where homes start at $5 million -- has alarmed and vexed the industry, and wild theories abound.

There are reports that a man was seen lurking on a traffic island near the crime scene a couple of hours before Chasen was shot. Rumors that a close relative owed hundreds of thousands in gambling debts.

Also, speculation that maybe it was Russian investors exacting revenge over a film deal gone sour. It was an art deal gone bad. It was some other Hollywood competitor angry or jealous over Chasen's nascent Oscar campaigns for Michael Douglas in "Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps" or Tim Burton's "Alice in Wonderland." The wound pattern was too tight for an amateur to have done this. She was on the phone and cut someone off with her Mercedes, making them angry.

The coroner's office, slowed down by the Thanksgiving holiday, has yet to issue its report. That has not stopped other outlets from claiming to have gotten an advance finding from the office, which reportedly states that "there were three apparent gunshot wounds to the right shoulder [and] an apparent gunshot wound to the right upper back and left upper back." One bullet, according to this report, "was recovered from her back" and is "possibly a 9mm hollow-point."

THE victim, it turns out, is just as puzzling as the case.

Chasen was born Veronica Cohen on Oct. 17, 1946, in Kingston, NY. Her father, Irving, was a frustrated artist who later moved the family -- wife Carolyn and son Larry, 13 years older than Ronni -- to Inwood. He owned six apartment buildings in Harlem, but his real passion was photography.

"He had the belief that you cannot make a living doing anything you enjoy," Larry Cohen, a legendary B-movie filmmaker, told The New Yorker in 2004. Their mother, by contrast, had a lust for life and was obsessed with the movies.

It was Larry Cohen who helped his little sister, a failed soap actress, break into publicity. In 1973, he hired Ronni to promote "Hell Up in Harlem," the follow-up to his blaxploitation epic "Black Caesar."

After working for her brother, Chasen was hired by well-known publicist Warren Cowan, who became a mentor. One night, early in their working relationship, Cowan took Cohen to dinner at the legendary LA restaurant Chasen's.

"He told her, 'You don't have a great last name,' " longtime friend and New York-based publicist Kathie Berlin said. "So she changed it . . . I don't know if she ever 'fessed up to it."

In 1985, she was named executive vice president of Cowan's firm; she'd worked on '80s blockbusters "On Golden Pond" and "Cocoon."

In September 1989, Chasen left to form her own company, Ronni Chasen Associates. In 1992, she was hired by MGM, a stint that did not work out. A year later, she reopened her eponymous firm and kept a loyal yet not-so-hip client list: Irwin Winkler, Hans Zimmer, Richard Zanuck.

"She focused on 'below the line' " personnel, said a friend, using industry slang for people who aren't movie stars. "Then she hit on composers and ran with that."

Chasen did manage, however, to attach herself to A-list projects, getting hired as an ancillary arm to work on Oscar campaigns for such films as "The Hurt Locker," "Slumdog Millionaire" and "No Country for Old Men" -- the Best Picture winners of the last three years. She was something of a Hollywood Zelig, at every party and photographed hugging nearly every establishment star that mattered: Jeff Bridges, Morgan Freeman, director Danny Boyle.

Chasen lived alone in a no- frills condomin ium on Wilshire Boulevard. She had no view, as the more expen sive units do. Hers faced the back, which was quieter, and friends describe the décor as not very modern -- one said the large sofa was reminiscent of "classy country."

There was a large black-and-white photo, taken by her fa ther, in the living room, as well as a Pi casso. She'd occasion ally talk about wanting to adopt a dog or a cat but never went through with it.

Her personal life, said friends, was a mystery, and some thought she liked it that way.

"There were a lot of male companions, but not a lot of boy friends," Berlin said. "She'd always say, 'Do you have anybody for me?' But that meant not going to a restaurant alone. I never felt marriage was that important to her."

"She told me she had a boyfriend in New York, but it was just for fun," added Nadia Bronson, another friend. "I said, 'You seem to have a boyfriend in every port -- that's only for the young chicks!' She said, 'No, it's for us, too.' But she kept that part of her life private."

Last week, the talk among some of Chasen's friends swung to Jonathan Novak, an LA-based art dealer who was a pallbearer at her funeral last Sunday. Many believed that Novak had been Chasen's boyfriend.

"They were friends," said Heidi Schaeffer, another close Chasen pal. "It wasn't romantic."

Schaeffer told The Post that Chasen had spoken of a brief first marriage, decades ago. "She said they were sweethearts for a number of years and had an 'unconventional wedding.' " Chasen never mentioned the man's name, or why they got divorced after a year.

Chasen considered her friends and co-workers her family. When her mentor, Cowan, lay dying in the hospital, she spent days in the room with him, holding the phone to his ear so he could hear the voices of old friends and know he wasn't alone. She was with him the day he died. She'd also visit old secretaries who ended up in nursing homes.

HER favorite phrase, said Berlin, was "Keep moving." Chasen had undergone hip-replacement surgery this year, and a handicapped-parking permit was affixed to her new black Mercedes, bought shortly before the shooting. She still needed to get her other hip replaced, but she refused to slow down, having attended the "Burlesque" premiere to support her friend, songwriter Diane Warren.

"She really cared," Warren said after Chasen's death. "Her clients were like family to her."

At 12:22 a.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 16, as she was driving home from the premiere party for "Burlesque," Chasen finished making another "to-do" call to her office. Minutes later -- either as she was making a left at Sunset Boulevard and North Whittier Drive or as she was traveling south on Whittier -- she was shot several times through the passenger-side window.

Less than an hour later, she was pronounced dead.

There's one theory about Chasen's murder that's getting little to no attention: It was random and senseless, committed by a total stranger.

As security expert Gavin de Becker, a Chasen acquaintance, pointed out in a recent article, Chasen's case is reminiscent of the murder of Bill Cosby's 28-year-old son, Ennis, who was shot to death off the 405 Freeway in LA while changing a tire. The murderer confessed in 2001; it was a random crime, a robbery gone wrong.

There is a $100,000 reward, put up by the Palm Springs Film Festival, for information leading to the arrest of Chasen's killer. Cosby's case was solved the same way -- an informant stepped forward, prompted by a reward.

De Becker, who worked on the Cosby case, understands the need to create a motive and a theory where none yet exists.

"If it turns out the shooting was unrelated to Ronni personally," he wrote, "then it could happen to anyone -- and that concept is not palatable to most people."

Ronni Chasen’s last actions before her murder

1Attends premiere of “Burlesque” at Grauman’s Chinese Theatre on Hollywood Boulevard with Cher and Christina Aguilera.

2 Goes to after-party at the W Hotel in Hollywood.

3 Leaves party at 12:30 a.m. in her black E350 Mercedes coupe headed for home, west down Sunset Boulevard.

4 At the intersection of Sunset and North Whittier Drive, police believe a vehicle pulls up alongside Chasen and about four rounds are fired into her car.

5 Chasen manages to make a left onto North Whittier Drive and travels approximately 200 yards until she crashes into a lamppost. She’s pronounced dead at 1:12 a.m.
  • That was awesome!
  • angelshadowangelshadow Posts: 8,257
    Thanks for sharing <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • I think I love the analyziz of the bloger.

"If we entertain the thought of Michael being alive, that means that the people you were told by others were guilty . . . would in fact be innocent. That means AEG would be innocent. That means Dr. Murray would be innocent of at least murder/manslaughter. That means that there is a possibility that SOME of the perceived bad guys might actually be good guys. It would upset the ideology of many on who was guilty or innocent. What scares me is that in the minds of some, Michael HAS TO BE DEAD so that they are right."

I would say AEG or Murrey not a good guys or innocent. They may have tried to kill Michael but they failed upon attempt. My beliefe on this version always was that either Murrey was hired to kill and he failed because MJ MADE it in hospital and hid or Murrey confessed to MJ that he was hired to kill him and helped to hoax the death.
    But then MJ's family who gives the clue then announces he is dead through the interview or a book peaces me off and we can't get to that part of the game yet. Maybe because we talk too much about hoax and they want keep MJ safe since danger is still out there or Michael is not ready for come back?
    <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
  • DancerDancer Posts: 1,225
    Thank you very much for sharing!
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    voiceforthesilent wrote:

LavdHim wrote:

what does it mean ? what connection does it have with michael ?

I'm not sure who Ronni Chasen is, so I guess some research is in order. But, Michael's attorney Peter Lopez is one that has died (suicide or murder - nobody has cleared that up) since June 25th. Peter had information but it's strange to me that we don't hear more about this. I sometimes wonder if that was a fake too.

I loved what Bonnie wrote. She told it so clearly that anyone with any common sense would have to entertain the possibility of Michael being alive. And I agree - Justice for Michael - dead or alive. Blessings.

I agree with what you say voiceforthesilent, any person with common sense must see the possibility of which Michael alive this one.

The reasons they adhere to only one possible outcome vary from "he wouldn't do this to fans or his children", to "what I perceive to be his values" to "Michael will not get justice" and "I can't entertain a hoax theory".

God, even when there are to listen to this type of things. Thank you for publishing SoldierofLOVE
    <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • I came upon this blogger this weekend and could not believe ...or yes, I could beLIEve that she came out about her belief that Michael could be alive, after months and months and months of research. A woman who finds it hard to believe herself that she started this blog and keeps getting deeper and deeper. She sounds very genuine and I wanted to post a comment congratulating her on coming to this realization and giving her this forum address, but I decided to wait and continue to read and keep up with what she is posting. I was going to post a topic here about her, so I am glad that you did soldierofLOVE. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

And yes, I read the section on her research of the deaths of a number of people connected directly or indirectly to Michael. WTH! Need to digest more of this, but she may be on to something.... <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->
  • curlscurls Posts: 3,111
    (Off topic, but Liberian Girl, do you know which concert the Billie Jean in your sig comes from? I could watch it all day!!)
  • (Off topic, but Liberian Girl, do you know which concert the Billie Jean in your sig comes from? I could watch it all day!!)

It's from the the first show of the World Dangerous Tour in Munich. Just go to Youtube and type in "Billie Jean(Munich) and you should find it. It's usually the first or second video in the search.
  • TrueBeLIEver1981 wrote:
    It's from the the first show of the World Dangerous Tour in Munich. Just go to Youtube and type in "Billie Jean(Munich) and you should find it. It's usually the first or second video in the search.

Yes, thank you...that is correct.

Now, back to the MJ Blogger....I read more of her blog and it is truly fascinating. She believes that some of the so called fans are really Sony stalkers. They discuss Karen and Samantha and basically have very similar reads on them as many of us do here. It is interesting that she acclaimed that Michael may well be alive and many of her members are saying, "well, if you think he might be after all your research, maybe he is." <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) --> I will keep reading her blog.

I guess if 87% on the current TMZ poll (which by the way is now gone), beLIEve Michael faked his death...majority rules... <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->
  • LavdHimLavdHim Posts: 352

EDIT: I remember now, she's the publicist that was shot in her car.

<!-- m -->http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/t ... 6JpGaDIalJ<!-- m -->

No motive, no weapon, no witnesses, no suspects. The murder of veteran film publicist Ronni Chasen, shot to death 12 days ago while driving home from a movie premiere through Beverly Hills, is the ultimate Hollywood case, studded with the kind of random details that make it both kitschy and creepy.

Chasen, 64, had just left the after-party for "Burlesque," the camp film of the year. The cops secured surveillance video from the Buddy Hackett estate on North Whittier Drive showing her car traveling south after the shooting and then crashing into a lamppost. In 1946, Howard Hughes crashed his plane on the same street. Gangster Bugsy Siegel was gunned down near here, too.

Chasen had spent more than 30 years working as a publicist, had built up an impressive client list and crafted a sterling reputation, available to stars, directors and producers day or night. She spent nearly every evening on the town, at dinners, premieres, events. She was friendly with everyone from Michael Douglas to Elliott Gould to Bono. She was hardly ever alone.

But early Tuesday morning, she was, and by a little after midnight she was dying, slumped over her steering wheel, blood pouring from her chest and out of her nose. The violent shooting death of one of Hollywood's most respected publicists -- on a well-lit street where homes start at $5 million -- has alarmed and vexed the industry, and wild theories abound.

There are reports that a man was seen lurking on a traffic island near the crime scene a couple of hours before Chasen was shot. Rumors that a close relative owed hundreds of thousands in gambling debts.

Also, speculation that maybe it was Russian investors exacting revenge over a film deal gone sour. It was an art deal gone bad. It was some other Hollywood competitor angry or jealous over Chasen's nascent Oscar campaigns for Michael Douglas in "Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps" or Tim Burton's "Alice in Wonderland." The wound pattern was too tight for an amateur to have done this. She was on the phone and cut someone off with her Mercedes, making them angry.

The coroner's office, slowed down by the Thanksgiving holiday, has yet to issue its report. That has not stopped other outlets from claiming to have gotten an advance finding from the office, which reportedly states that "there were three apparent gunshot wounds to the right shoulder [and] an apparent gunshot wound to the right upper back and left upper back." One bullet, according to this report, "was recovered from her back" and is "possibly a 9mm hollow-point."

THE victim, it turns out, is just as puzzling as the case.

Chasen was born Veronica Cohen on Oct. 17, 1946, in Kingston, NY. Her father, Irving, was a frustrated artist who later moved the family -- wife Carolyn and son Larry, 13 years older than Ronni -- to Inwood. He owned six apartment buildings in Harlem, but his real passion was photography.

"He had the belief that you cannot make a living doing anything you enjoy," Larry Cohen, a legendary B-movie filmmaker, told The New Yorker in 2004. Their mother, by contrast, had a lust for life and was obsessed with the movies.

It was Larry Cohen who helped his little sister, a failed soap actress, break into publicity. In 1973, he hired Ronni to promote "Hell Up in Harlem," the follow-up to his blaxploitation epic "Black Caesar."

After working for her brother, Chasen was hired by well-known publicist Warren Cowan, who became a mentor. One night, early in their working relationship, Cowan took Cohen to dinner at the legendary LA restaurant Chasen's.

"He told her, 'You don't have a great last name,' " longtime friend and New York-based publicist Kathie Berlin said. "So she changed it . . . I don't know if she ever 'fessed up to it."

In 1985, she was named executive vice president of Cowan's firm; she'd worked on '80s blockbusters "On Golden Pond" and "Cocoon."

In September 1989, Chasen left to form her own company, Ronni Chasen Associates. In 1992, she was hired by MGM, a stint that did not work out. A year later, she reopened her eponymous firm and kept a loyal yet not-so-hip client list: Irwin Winkler, Hans Zimmer, Richard Zanuck.

"She focused on 'below the line' " personnel, said a friend, using industry slang for people who aren't movie stars. "Then she hit on composers and ran with that."

Chasen did manage, however, to attach herself to A-list projects, getting hired as an ancillary arm to work on Oscar campaigns for such films as "The Hurt Locker," "Slumdog Millionaire" and "No Country for Old Men" -- the Best Picture winners of the last three years. She was something of a Hollywood Zelig, at every party and photographed hugging nearly every establishment star that mattered: Jeff Bridges, Morgan Freeman, director Danny Boyle.

Chasen lived alone in a no- frills condomin ium on Wilshire Boulevard. She had no view, as the more expen sive units do. Hers faced the back, which was quieter, and friends describe the décor as not very modern -- one said the large sofa was reminiscent of "classy country."

There was a large black-and-white photo, taken by her fa ther, in the living room, as well as a Pi casso. She'd occasion ally talk about wanting to adopt a dog or a cat but never went through with it.

Her personal life, said friends, was a mystery, and some thought she liked it that way.

"There were a lot of male companions, but not a lot of boy friends," Berlin said. "She'd always say, 'Do you have anybody for me?' But that meant not going to a restaurant alone. I never felt marriage was that important to her."

"She told me she had a boyfriend in New York, but it was just for fun," added Nadia Bronson, another friend. "I said, 'You seem to have a boyfriend in every port -- that's only for the young chicks!' She said, 'No, it's for us, too.' But she kept that part of her life private."

Last week, the talk among some of Chasen's friends swung to Jonathan Novak, an LA-based art dealer who was a pallbearer at her funeral last Sunday. Many believed that Novak had been Chasen's boyfriend.

"They were friends," said Heidi Schaeffer, another close Chasen pal. "It wasn't romantic."

Schaeffer told The Post that Chasen had spoken of a brief first marriage, decades ago. "She said they were sweethearts for a number of years and had an 'unconventional wedding.' " Chasen never mentioned the man's name, or why they got divorced after a year.

Chasen considered her friends and co-workers her family. When her mentor, Cowan, lay dying in the hospital, she spent days in the room with him, holding the phone to his ear so he could hear the voices of old friends and know he wasn't alone. She was with him the day he died. She'd also visit old secretaries who ended up in nursing homes.

HER favorite phrase, said Berlin, was "Keep moving." Chasen had undergone hip-replacement surgery this year, and a handicapped-parking permit was affixed to her new black Mercedes, bought shortly before the shooting. She still needed to get her other hip replaced, but she refused to slow down, having attended the "Burlesque" premiere to support her friend, songwriter Diane Warren.

"She really cared," Warren said after Chasen's death. "Her clients were like family to her."

At 12:22 a.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 16, as she was driving home from the premiere party for "Burlesque," Chasen finished making another "to-do" call to her office. Minutes later -- either as she was making a left at Sunset Boulevard and North Whittier Drive or as she was traveling south on Whittier -- she was shot several times through the passenger-side window.

Less than an hour later, she was pronounced dead.

There's one theory about Chasen's murder that's getting little to no attention: It was random and senseless, committed by a total stranger.

As security expert Gavin de Becker, a Chasen acquaintance, pointed out in a recent article, Chasen's case is reminiscent of the murder of Bill Cosby's 28-year-old son, Ennis, who was shot to death off the 405 Freeway in LA while changing a tire. The murderer confessed in 2001; it was a random crime, a robbery gone wrong.

There is a $100,000 reward, put up by the Palm Springs Film Festival, for information leading to the arrest of Chasen's killer. Cosby's case was solved the same way -- an informant stepped forward, prompted by a reward.

De Becker, who worked on the Cosby case, understands the need to create a motive and a theory where none yet exists.

"If it turns out the shooting was unrelated to Ronni personally," he wrote, "then it could happen to anyone -- and that concept is not palatable to most people."

Ronni Chasen’s last actions before her murder

1Attends premiere of “Burlesque” at Grauman’s Chinese Theatre on Hollywood Boulevard with Cher and Christina Aguilera.

2 Goes to after-party at the W Hotel in Hollywood.

3 Leaves party at 12:30 a.m. in her black E350 Mercedes coupe headed for home, west down Sunset Boulevard.

4 At the intersection of Sunset and North Whittier Drive, police believe a vehicle pulls up alongside Chasen and about four rounds are fired into her car.

5 Chasen manages to make a left onto North Whittier Drive and travels approximately 200 yards until she crashes into a lamppost. She’s pronounced dead at 1:12 a.m.

oh ok . thanks for the answer <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • MashMikeMashMike Posts: 1,312
    thx for sharing, i absolutely love it, it's analyzed perfectly <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • curlscurls Posts: 3,111
    (Off topic, but Liberian Girl, do you know which concert the Billie Jean in your sig comes from? I could watch it all day!!)

Thanks a lot! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->