‘Michael’ became the No.1 selling album globally

voiceforthesilentvoiceforthesilent Posts: 5,485
edited January 1970 in His Music & (Short) Films
Time to celebrate people!!!! <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

<!-- m -->http://www.aboutmichaeljackson.info/mic ... -week.html<!-- m -->

<!-- m -->http://www.theboombox.com/2010/12/22/mi ... irst-week/<!-- m -->

‘Michael’ Jackson Album Ships 3 Million Globally in First Week

Filed under: Soul/R&B , R&B News A year and a half after his tragic death, Michael Jackson proves he’s immortal. The King of Pop lived up to his name this week when his posthumous album ‘Michael’ became the No.1 selling album globally

Comments

• Thank you. This is what i like to read.
  • <!-- m -->http://www.digitalspy.com/music/news/a2 ... r.html?rss<!-- m -->

Jackson album is top global seller
    Wednesday, December 22 2010, 11:19am EST
    By Robert Copsey, Music Reporter

Michael Jackson's posthumous album has been named the top selling global album of 2010.

The LP, called Michael, debuted at number one on the global chart after three million units were shipped to 31 territories.

The CD, which topped the charts in four countries on the week of its release, has been certified Platinum in 14 countries, including the US, UK, Germany, France and Italy for shipments of over 300,000 copies.

The album opened in the UK at number four with sales of 113,000 - Jackson's biggest opening sales week since the release of Dangerous nearly 20 years ago.

Jackson's Thriller album remains the best selling album of all time, with over 100 million copies sold worldwide.
  • Thank you. This is what i like to read.

Me too. I've been waiting for this to happen and it makes me really happy for Michael. Blessings.
  • Mammu94Mammu94 Posts: 232
    20gb6o6.gif
  • Woohoo!
  • Waiting for people to celebrate here. <!-- s:!: -->:!:<!-- s:!: --> <!-- s:!: -->:!:<!-- s:!: --> <!-- s:!: -->:!:<!-- s:!: -->
    This thread should go to 1000 pages <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • I am teary eyed. Thank you Jesus for giving Michael what he deserves!!! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Applauds MJ. We love you Mike. Please COME HOME SOON. We need you.
  • WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

This is awesome news!!

I'm so proud of Michael, the album and the man!

And I'm so proud of everyone in the world who went out and bought the album, listened, loved it, told their friends, etc.

This is a take over and this proves how capable he is of making things happen ALL OVER THE WORLD!!

<!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: --> <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: --> <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->
  • MUUUUUUUUAH!!!!! Congratulations Michael although this does not surprise me. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • DancerDancer Posts: 1,225
    GREAT news! <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> I love you, MJ.

Anna-Flores-Happy-Heart-II-31791.jpg
  • Congratulations Michael Jackson! I feel so honoured that I've have been able to experience YOUR AMAZING SELF during my lifetime. PURE MAGIC!!! I can't wait to get to play my "Michael" CD. It remains unopened and will be sitting pretty under the Christmas tree. Love and blessings always to you Michael, your children and family. Love and blessings to everyone here. Happy holidays!
  • liegiliegi Posts: 640
    Congratulations, Michael.
  • BeTheChangeBeTheChange Posts: 1,569
    This is FANtastic news!!!! I absolutely LOVE this album....it's the only thing I've been listening to since Dec 14 (and I believe it's all MJ). But, as BACK once said...MJ could put out an album of him humming tunes and it would outsell everything <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->

Despite all the controversy over 'Michael', MJ has out-sold every other artist this year....AND while they all had 11 1/2 months to rack up sales, he slammed it home in a week!! Congrats Michael, you deserve it and SO much more. Thanks for continuously adding more beauty to my life on a daily basis...Luv U! I'll be having a glass of red vino (or 3) to celebrate tonight!

With L.O.V.E. always.
  • This is FANtastic news!!!! I absolutely LOVE this album....it's the only thing I've been listening to since Dec 14 (and I believe it's all MJ). But, as BACK once said...MJ could put out an album of him humming tunes and it would outsell everything <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->

Despite all the controversy over 'Michael', MJ has out-sold every other artist this year....AND while they all had 11 1/2 months to rack up sales, he slammed it home in a week!! Congrats Michael, you deserve it and SO much more. Thanks for continuously adding more beauty to my life on a daily basis...Luv U! I'll be having a glass of red vino (or 3) to celebrate tonight!

With L.O.V.E. always.

I love what you said (in red above). Yep - who's King....MICHAEL JACKSON IS KING!!! Take THAT all of you artists who think you are ready to take Michael's crown from him. Never!! In one week he outsold everyone! I love it - and can't quit celebrating.

PS - I think Michael is "all Michael" too. I have been listening to it non-stop since it came out. Awesome CD...
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    I'm so-o-o happy for you, Michael! Love you! I love my new 'Michael'! My favorite Christmas gift.

I just have a question, when I told my son, he just said, "How come I never hear anything about this with my friends, maybe it's just old people who don't know how to download stuff for free like most people. They're the only ones who purchase CD's from the store. Michael's music has an old sound to it. 80's." So he says it's a false indicator.
    What would you guys say to that? Help please!
  • lovemjlovemj Posts: 129
    i,m so glad i cant wait to open mine (christmasday) i got it the day it came out i,m in uk but have been tempted to unwrap it a few times lol but michael is worth waiting for and so is the cd lol <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • This is so great <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
    Yesss, Michael you're
  • was there ever any doubt? <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • MissGMissG Posts: 7,403
    It´s a bitter sweet "victory" <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

Michael has proven to be once again the tip top <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> too bad all this is happening after his "death"

Michael is and will aways be the number one!!!!
  • RKRK Posts: 3,019
    This is an awesome album and I knew it would be hugh. MJ is the KING. I've been listening to it nonstop since the 15th also. Congratulations Michael. <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P -->
  • I'm so-o-o happy for you, Michael! Love you! I love my new 'Michael'! My favorite Christmas gift.

I just have a question, when I told my son, he just said, "How come I never hear anything about this with my friends, maybe it's just old people who don't know how to download stuff for free like most people. They're the only ones who purchase CD's from the store. Michael's music has an old sound to it. 80's." So he says it's a false indicator.
    What would you guys say to that? Help please!

Well, I'd tell him that first of all downloading music for free is stealing. The only time it should be okay is if it's advertised as such. He can get in a lot of trouble for downloading that without permission. He should try working hard at a job and then have the person refuse to pay him after he's done the job and see how he likes it.

Secondly, the musician's today have all copied Michael's style. Maybe he's right if he and his friends like to hear cuss words every other word, or music that has no meaning but my son is in his early 20's and he listens to MJ as well as his friends (not to say my son doesn't have a bad mouth at times too). So, I think it could be the age group, IDK. That's okay though because looking back at the memorial it's evident that Michael is loved by the very young as well as the very old.

Don't pressure him - just keep playing MJ's music and I'm sure you'll start to see your son's toe tapping to the beat when he thinks you're not looking. Blessings.
  • LavdHimLavdHim Posts: 352
    wohoooo ! I have been waiting for this . congratz michael ! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • NOT ACCORDING TO YAHOO HES NOT NUMBER 1..IT SAYS HE ONLY SOLD 225000 COPIES, NOT 3 MILLION..
  • LavdHimLavdHim Posts: 352
    NOT ACCORDING TO YAHOO HES NOT NUMBER 1..IT SAYS HE ONLY SOLD 225000 COPIES, NOT 3 MILLION..

I think it's 3 million globally and 225000 in US . isn't it ?
  • NOT ACCORDING TO YAHOO HES NOT NUMBER 1..IT SAYS HE ONLY SOLD 225000 COPIES, NOT 3 MILLION..

I think it's 3 million globally and 225000 in US . isn't it ?

i hope your right, even though that still is not alot..