Michael Jackson's Secret Hollywood

HollieHollie Posts: 119
edited January 1970 in General Discussion
Michael Jackson's Secret Hollywood(Documentary)
more4Channel not right? Click here to customise your lineup...
Thursday, December 30th, 2010
9:00pm to 10:00pm(Other show times...)

[add an image]
Jacques Peretti lifts the lid on how the weird world of Hollywood really operates behind the scenes. For the first time since Michael Jackson's death, key players - including his lawyer, agent, private eye, a former classmate and personal spiritual advisor - shine a fascinating light, through Jackson, on Hollywood's hidden underbelly. Peretti gains unprecedented access to some of the people who really pull the Hollywood strings. He offers a rare glimpse into the Hollywood behind the smog and shows that Jackson, far from weird, was a perfectly normal Hollywood customer. He demonstrates how the machine created to service the star ultimately destroyed him.

Comments

• Looks like only showing in UK.. Wish it was in US as it looks very interesting.
  • Looks like only showing in UK.. Wish it was in US as it looks very interesting.

Maybe someone will put it on ytube, I would myself if I had the technology to record it and post it. Wonder if it would be available for you on their Iplayer?

Sorry I cannot be more helpful <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: -->

I will find out when it is and watch it.

Merry Christmas to All

Love and peace to all.

<!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P -->
  • The documentary looks very interesting. I wonder which lawyer and spiritual adviser will speak. I need to see it! If anyone knows how we can make that happen on this forum or for viewing in the US, please share. I like this part, "...shows that Jackson, far from weird, was a perfectly normal Hollywood customer..." And, I'll add, "...and he outthought them all!"
  • Guys , I’m afraid the documentary of this author will not be good for Michael. This is the link to his article about Michael and though it says the author tries to show real Michael you have to read and you’ll see it’s not good.

<!-- m -->http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2007/oc ... aeljackson<!-- m -->

The man who fell to earth

He was the king of pop who, following a series of scandals and bizarre episodes, dethroned himself. Jacques Peretti loses the plot as he attempts to uncover the real Michael Jackson

Jacques Peretti
    The Guardian, Saturday 20 October 2007

And this is the reaction of those who watched Jacques Peretti’s previous film What Really Happened

<!-- m -->http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1461398/usercomments<!-- m -->

IMDb user reviews for
    Michael Jackson: What Really Happened (2007) (TV)

Author: Jackson Booth-Millard from United Kingdom

I had seen quite a few adverts for these documentaries, but this was the first to focus on a subject, or rather celebrity, that I was interested in. Jacques Peretti directs, writes and stars in this programme focusing on Michael Jackson, two years after his trial was ended, and he was cleared of all charges concerning child abuse and paedophilia. His fans of course applauded and were relieved by this, but there are still the sceptics who question whether this was the right thing to happen. So with some archive footage and interviews, Peretti finds out more about the accusations, events before and after the trial, to find the answer to the title question, if any. Good!

Author: toonosey from United States

I just partially watched this movie. I stopped it when that Diane "lying leech" Diamond came on. This movie is nothing but more media generated smear against the King of Pop. It is full of lies and speculative crap. The only persons that would enjoy this are trolls, haters, and degenerates.

Don't waste your time or money on this appalling excuse for a movie. Michael Jackson was an innocent and all too trusting person. It's disgusting how people took such huge advantage of that innocence. I am so angry at the moment I could throw up. RIP musical genius MJ. The greatest and most humanitarian artiste ever.

<!-- m -->http://allforloveblog.com/?p=3881<!-- m -->

Sean Coyle says:
    September 16, 2010 at 3:49 pm

The Piece Of Rubbish “What Really Happened” Aired on Channel 4 In the U.K. Around 2008. When Michael Died They Re-broadcast it And Several Fans Signed A Petion and Complained To Channel 4 About the inconsistent nature of the programme,but it went out anyway.

Could Jacque Peretti whose previous films and articles about Michael were full of tabloid garbage show real Michael now ? I highly doubt.

Though who knows, maybe he became a believer ?
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    It's just another case of the so-called two realities of MJ that mystifies, captivates the public and drives them crazy. "Greatest Show On Earth". Love you Michael!
    Jacques Peretti Documentary Explores Jackson's Final Months
    Recap of Michael Jackson’s Last Days: What Really Happened
    Jul 14, 2009 Tina Costanza

Writer and filmmaker Jacques Peretti is among the thousands of people wondering what happened to end the life of pop star Michael Jackson, and he set out to find out.

The documentary Michael Jackson’s Last Days: What Really Happened is the result of Peretti’s probe into the 50-year-old entertainer’s final months, from the announcement of his 50 concerts at the O2 arena in London to have started July 13, 2009, to his death in Los Angeles months later, on June 25, 2009. Peretti interviewed Jackson’s friends and associates to try and piece together why fans received a memorial instead of a comeback.

Michael Jackson's Relationship with Lou Ferrigno
    “These will be my final shows,” a clip in Michael Jackson’s Last Days: What Really Happened showed him saying. “This is it, the final curtain call.” Peretti’s documentary examines speculation surrounding Jackson’s preparedness for a grueling 50 performances and talk of drugs playing a role in his death. To find answers, Peretti talked to former Incredible Hulk actor Lou Ferrigno, who knew Jackson for 20 years and had been training him for his comeback shows.

Ferrigno, who met Jackson through a doctor friend, when Jackson was getting ready for his World History tour, took Peretti to the gym on his property. It was here where he demonstrated Jackson’s exercises: Crunches, lifting a big rubber band for weight resistance, and rolling on a ball doing situps. Jackson loved the gym, Ferrigno said, though it seemed to Peretti that Jackson was not there to work out, but to confide in Ferrigno.

Ferrigno revealed that Jackson had said he felt like a little Hulk, because of the pain anger he held toward his father’s alleged abuse of him. Ferrigno also said Jackson had been excited about the tour, but that the stress was “humongous” to him. In Britain, tickets to the London shows sold out in minutes.

Effect of Child Abuse Allegations on Michael Jackson
    Next up on Peretti’s list in Michael Jackson’s Last Days: What Really Happened was lawyer Tom Mesereau, who successfully defended Jackson against child abuse allegations in 2005. “I think he was a very broken man,” Mesereau said of Jackson, adding that he looked like skin and bones. “Poor fellow could hardly smile even after he was acquitted.” The trauma of the trial and the reality he had to leave his California home, Neverland, probably caused lots of confusion in Jackson’s life, Mesereau said.

Peretti raised the rumoured conflict surrounding Jackson’s agreeing to do 50 shows with Terry Harvey, a friend and associate of the Jackson family. “He’d never do one show,” Harvey said. “I believe Michael agreed to do 10 shows.”

Fifty shows, Harvey said, is a lot, and Jackson hadn’t performed in years. “Like an athlete, you’ve got to train for that,” he said.

Michael Jackson Training for London Comeback Shows
    Jackson did train for that, but little at first, according to Johnny Coswell, owner of Centre Staging rehearsal studio. Jackson was due to start rehearsals on March 7, but he didn’t show up. He did show up toward the end of March, Coswell said, and was there for all of April and May. It was going to be the biggest show ever, was all Coswell could say about the production, due to a confidentiality agreement.

“People were saying he was back to form, back to when he was 18,” Coswell said as he stood in the huge rehearsal space. “I mean, this can’t be true, the man died a few weeks later.” The question of what exactly killed Jackson remained by the time he would have put on his first show in London.

Harvey claimed Jackson had been on prescription medication for 20 years but nobody wanted to say “no” to him. Dr. Drew Pinsky, who treats addicts, rattled off a list of drugs Jackson was alleged to be on to Peretti: pain medication, codeine, maybe even injectable drugs and OxyContin. One drug, Diprivan, would have been outlandish to use outside a hospital, Pinsky said.

Michael Jackson Drug Allegations
    “You can’t fault Michael, he was a drug addict,” Harvey said. No one stepped in to help Jackson, Harvey said, because of money. Peretti revealed that Jackson ran up a bill of $100,000 US at one pharmacy. While drug enablers surrounded him, Harvey revealed that Jackson’s father tried to get him help. He also claimed he was ousted from the house when he tried to intervene.

Pinsky speculated that the cause of Jackson’s death was accidental. Michael Jackson’s Last Days: What Really Happened leaves viewers with the impression that Peretti is pointing his finger to drugs as the cause of Jackson’s demise, and as the documentary pointed out, a celebrity’s death that includes the question of drugs shoots them into the stratosphere — Jackson, as the documentary indicated — is on top again.
  • What struck me in this documentary - most people he interviewed (among them Ferigno) constantly repeated that they can't say too much because they signed a CONFIDENTIALITY AGREEMENT! <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P -->
  • Michael Jackson's Secret Hollywood(Documentary)
    more4Channel not right? Click here to customise your lineup...
    Thursday, December 30th, 2010
    9:00pm to 10:00pm(Other show times...)

[add an image]
    Jacques Peretti lifts the lid on how the weird world of Hollywood really operates behind the scenes. For the first time since Michael Jackson's death, key players - including his lawyer, agent, private eye, a former classmate and personal spiritual advisor - shine a fascinating light, through Jackson, on Hollywood's hidden underbelly. Peretti gains unprecedented access to some of the people who really pull the Hollywood strings. He offers a rare glimpse into the Hollywood behind the smog and shows that Jackson, far from weird, was a perfectly normal Hollywood customer. He demonstrates how the machine created to service the star ultimately destroyed him.

What a waste of time...nothing new apart from more people who won't comment and the useless Brian Oxman who can nevr stay awake??!!!!!!...I thought it may of been real investigative journalism-but NO!!!
  • Quality isn't the best but if you want to watch it then all the parts are here.<br />HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Join Michaels universe & open a can of Mystery!!! Enjoy xxx<br /><br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br /><br />Love & light xxx