Paul Macartney celebration on TV

nefarinefari Posts: 1,227
edited January 1970 in General Hoax Investigation
Is anyone watching the shebang on TV right now for Paul? Oprah is sitting up in a special little balcony with Obama, and other big names. Smokey Robinson is there etc...and there is a stage back drop with Paul's eye and eyebrow similar to the Invincible cover art. Nothing against Paul fans at all but I've been sobbing ever since this has been on. Can't watch it. Makes me cringe! Should be Michael people are celebrating!!!! Should be the most beautiful man in the universe. Sorry for the drama but it just hurts like hell.

Comments

• I understand how you feel. I watched the Kennedy Center Honors and it was very entertaining and touching, but I also thought that Michael should be there too. Everyone honored, Paul, Oprah, Merle Haggard, Bill T. Jones, Jerry Herman - they all deserved it but not seeing Michael win this award gave me a pang in my heart and a headache. <!-- s:x -->:x<!-- s:x -->

We just have to believe that The Best Is Yet To Come for Michael and for us.

By the way, Diana Ross was there with her son. They showed her at least 4 times. She looked absolutely radiant.
  • I watched it and I enjoyed it. It was really great that the nominees were honoured in a positive light. I didn't mind them not celebrating Michael, although it would've made for a much better show if they did. When Michael "comes back" I think they'll have to make a whole new category for him, anyway. He'll show everyone up when the time comes. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • nefarinefari Posts: 1,227
    Hugs and thank you for replying. This was the first time I saw this program and I think what hurt the most was that Invincible eye so obvious that they were using when they celebrated Paul's music. Thank the heavens above for this forum and all of you. I would truly be lost without you.
  • hi nefari
    its not just this show but all shows that they honor someone else besides michael.
    it should be michael all the way he should be the one on there giving interviews he should be the one on the shows.
    it is heartbreaking!
    hugs mjfjei7777
  • PureLovePureLove Posts: 5,891
    Unfortunately nobody cares for people who cares the most for others. As much as you care for others and try to help them, as much as they hurt you. I experienced this whole my life. It hurts and breaks your heart so badly. I wish people could start to think for others. And definitely Michael is the ONE who has to be honored all the time for his humanitarian, for the way he taught the humanity how to love each other, help others and how to make the change. But who cares for good?!?
  • I watched it too and know that MJ would have been there if he could have been. He certainly belonged there. The thing that I noticed was the looks Oprah was giving to the other honorees at times. She might be the richer than dirt but she definitely doesn't have any poise and/or grace. Sorry, but that's how I see it.