Conrad Murray to Prosecutor: So Whatcha Got?

SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
edited January 1970 in News

Conrad Murray to Prosecutor: So Whatcha Got?

34 minutes ago by TMZ Staff

Dr. Conrad Murray's preliminary hearing in the Michael Jackson manslaughter case ... set for next Tuesday ... will be a one-sided affair, because TMZ has learned Murray's side won't utter a peep.

1228-conrad-mj-ex.jpg

Sources connected with Murray's defense tell TMZ Murray's lawyer, Ed Chernoff, will be there to listen -- not to ask questions. Specifically, when the prosecution lays out its case, Chernoff will be looking for holes and inconsistencies.

As TMZ first reported, the prosecution will call approximately 30 witnesses, including experts and LAPD detectives, to establish Murray acted recklessly in fueling MJ with Propofol the day he died.

It's a very good bet the judge will order Murray to stand trial ... judges rarely dismiss charges after a preliminary hearing. So there's no point in Murray's lawyer playing his hand.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Comments

• SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    Specifically, when the prosecution lays out its case, Chernoff will be looking for holes and inconsistencies.
    <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> Brilliant! I guess Chernoff will be busy!

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• loyalfanloyalfan Posts: 1,641
    and if this goes to trial...??? at what point do we start to really worry...???
  • ForstAMoonForstAMoon Posts: 1,126
    Specifically, when the prosecution lays out its case, Chernoff will be looking for holes and inconsistencies.
    <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> Brilliant! I guess Chernoff will be busy!

Come over here! We can help you out <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> free of charge <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    and if this goes to trial...??? at what point do we start to really worry...???

Not at all. Not even if they would 'throw him in jail', although I don't think that will happen.

• isnt mj nose scar on the right side of his nose?
  • 2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
    JOE JACKSON CLAIMS THAT MICHAEL TRIED TO GET ELVIS' DOCTOR TO PRESCRIBE DRUGS

ELVIS LINK TO MICHAEL JACKSON'S PILLS

21st February 2010 By Dominik LemanskiMICHAEL Jackson’s father claims his son tried to get Elvis Presley’s personal doctor to prescribe him drugs.

Memphis-based medic Dr George ­Nichopoulos prescribed thousands of drugs to Elvis who died in 1977, aged just 42.

Amazingly, Joe Jackson claims his son also made contact with controversial Dr Nichopoulos – nicknamed “Dr Nick” – in the months before his death.

Tragic Jackson died of a cardiac arrest at his home in Beverly Hills in June last year, aged 50.

Now Joe wants Dr Nick investigated by detectives as the search for those involved in Jacko’s death widens following the charging of his personal physician Dr Conrad Murray.

Joe, 81, revealed: “All of these guys that gave Michael what they shouldn’t have need to be looked at.

“We have heard that Michael even tried to get drugs from Elvis’ doctor – some guy called Dr Nick. There’s a whole bunch of other people that need to be questioned too." “Michael was not well. We tried to help him but we couldn’t get to him. People stopped us from getting to him. There were more people involved than Murray. Murray is just the fall guy."

“I will not stop until I get justice for my son. Justice means a murder charge for everyone involved. All I am after is just justice, that sort of a thing.”

In 1980 Greek-American Dr Nichopoulos was charged with 14 counts of oversubscribing drugs to Elvis Presley, fellow rock legend Jerry Lee Lewis and 12 other patients.

Dr Nick prescribed over 10,000 doses of amphetamines, barbiturates, narcotics, tranquillisers, sleeping pills, laxatives and hormones to Presley.

The physician admitted oversubscribing but claimed: “I cared too much.”

Presley died suddenly in 1977, following years of prescription drug abuse. Dr Nick was acquitted of all charges after it was decided he had acted in the best interests of his patients.

But despite his acquittal Dr Nick, now 83, went on to write a book about his time with Elvis, The King And Dr Nick: What Really Happened To Elvis And Me.

In 1979 he was shot while at a sports event – possibly by an angry Elvis fan according to interviews given by the doctor.

And in 1995 he lost his licence to practise medicine permanently for over-subscribing controlled substances to patients.

Earlier this month Jackson’s former doctor Conrad Murray was freed on bail after he pleaded not guilty to unlawfully killing the star.

<!-- m -->http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/12 ... n-s-pills/<!-- m -->
  • So there's no point in Murray's lawyer playing his hand.

Playing one's hand: isn't this an poker game expression? <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->
  • 2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
    In 1979 Dr Nick, was shot while at a sports event – possibly by an angry Elvis fan according to interviews given by the doctor.

Isn't strange how not one "angry" MJ fan ever approached Conrad Murray???

I am just comparing these 2 high profile cases both involving Drs who were charged over the deaths of two legends...
  • In 1979 Dr Nick, was shot while at a sports event – possibly by an angry Elvis fan according to interviews given by the doctor.

Isn't strange how not one "angry" MJ fan ever approached Conrad Murray???

I am just comparing these 2 high profile cases both involving Drs who were charged over the deaths of two legends...

Isn't that puzzling <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> I for sure thought his life would have been in some danger. But not one incident. Strange, especially for those fans who believe that Murray actually killed Michael. <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> Murray has been free to do what ever he pleased and not one fan has approached or threatened him. That right there speaks volumes. If I was a fan who was 100% sure that Michael Jackson was dead at the hands of Murray and he was flaunting his freedom in my face like a red flag, I don't know that I could be quiet or still in his presence.
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    It's a very good bet the judge will order Murray to stand trial ... judges rarely dismiss charges after a preliminary hearing. So there's no point in Murray's lawyer playing his hand.

Murray should go to trial, and the show today (due to the syringe) is the preamble for what is coming from next Tuesday
  • MissGMissG Posts: 7,403
    The story as I think it is (fell free to laugh, I do it myself *bites dog cookie*):

Michael is fighting the drug industry in Hollywood.
    He and "Murray" cooperated together within the years to expose those who sell drugs with a license. Michael used himself as a bait and used his resources, economical and contacts, to go on with the research and put all the licensed drug dealers behind bars.

Some of those drugs are also sold for the performance of death penalty.

What a crazy sick world.

I hope that all this mess clears up in to a positive outcome.
  • anewfananewfan Posts: 1,125
    I don't think that's too far-reaching, Gema. Look at how many stories have been out over the last few years about celebrities and their addictions to prescription meds. Also, look at the number of deaths. It's really scary.

The story as I think it is (fell free to laugh, I do it myself *bites dog cookie*):

Michael is fighting the drug industry in Hollywood.
    He and "Murray" cooperated together within the years to expose those who sell drugs with a license. Michael used himself as a bait and used his resources, economical and contacts, to go on with the research and put all the licensed drug dealers behind bars.

Some of those drugs are also sold for the performance of death penalty.

What a crazy sick world.

I hope that all this mess clears up in to a positive outcome.
  • MissGMissG Posts: 7,403
    Thanks.

Each time I see the names "michael" used to get his drugs rings bells to me. I do not believe for a second that Michael was a drug addict. Using meds for pain or when one is sick is one thing but heavy drugs as such?

May be I am in total denial, but I can´t imagine Michael stuffing himself with drugs having 3 kids to take care of.

It is said that he put wine in to coke cans!! wine!. He surely was shy and conscious of not showing any "bad" consumption patterns affecting the upbringing of his kids.

IDK, but I have a hard time believing that a man who hides wine in to a coke can to avoid destructive critics would sneak and get heavy drugs under any circumstance.

One of the persons I trust the most and have all my respects is Tom Messerau and he only had good words when came to Michael´s person and behaviour.

The media wants to portray Michael as a drug abuser, even if the repports are lacking any coherence.
  • Today we're told by TMZ:
    As TMZ first reported, the prosecution will call approximately 30 witnesses, including experts and LAPD detectives, to establish Murray acted recklessly in fueling MJ with Propofol the day he died.

Yesterday TMZ said:
    to show Dr. Murray acted recklessly by medicating Michael with Propofol and other drugs at his home the day he died.

I did notice some differences in the news regarding the Propofol. In the yesterday's news "other drugs" is mentioned. On purpose?? Probably. Keep in mind that according to the media (tabloid) standards sensation and bad news sells, so if the news was "MJ death was caused by a pneumonia" it is less moneymaking. It is genius to invent this sensational story in the hoax to fool the media and at last , when everything is revealed, to show the world how easily everyone can be tricked and influenced by the media. A lesson noone will ever forget <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P -->