Hold My Hand on BET (Weird version!)

IWantYouBackIWantYouBack Posts: 208
edited January 1970 in His Music & (Short) Films
Hey all, I noticed something very strange on BET (Black Entertainment Television) tonight! Allow me to explain my story:

So, one day I decided to search MICHAEL JACKSON on my DVR just to see if any specials were on about him on tv at some point. After I searched, I came across this title "Michael Jackson: Hold My Hand". It was a special held on BET that would premier the "Hold My Hand" video with other popular short films MJ has done throughout his career leading up to it. Before "Hold My Hand", they showed "You Rock My World", "Beat It", and "Remember The Time".

Just before the "Hold My Hand" video was about to premier, they showed little clips of people that were participating in the video. The girl who dances in the video with the red fedora hat came on and said "It's unfortunate Michael's not here to see it" or something along those lines. Akon and a few of the children were in the clips as well and NONE of them said they missed Michael or anything that he was actually, officially dead. They just said "not here". That could mean anything. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

Now, it's on to the weird part of the special. The video. This version of the video was totally different! It had extra scenes and the whole video was just created differently. I am desperately looking for the same video I saw on BET on YouTube but I can't find it. I was just wondering if anyone else saw this version too on BET or anywhere else? When/If I find the version I saw on the internet I will definitely post it! It was very weird!

Comments

• Thank you, Jenn, for telling us about this. I rarely watch TV and don't have cable so I haven't seen it but if you do find it I'd love to take a look.

Is it totally different or just a longer version? Maybe the version we've seen is just an edited version? IDK - just throwing out ideas.

Blessings to you in 2011! <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • Thank you, Jenn, for telling us about this. I rarely watch TV and don't have cable so I haven't seen it but if you do find it I'd love to take a look.

Is it totally different or just a longer version? Maybe the version we've seen is just an edited version? IDK - just throwing out ideas.

Blessings to you in 2011! <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

Hm... It's hard to explain. It wasn't longer, yet some of the scenes were switched around and there were also some scenes I just don't remember seeing at all in the version I saw on YouTube.