Behind the Mask-questions and observations

ignisaeternusignisaeternus Posts: 553
edited January 1970 in His Music & (Short) Films
I have several questions about the song (beyond the obvious Behind the Mask statement), and wonder if you all had some inputs or information that could help.
One was addressed in another thread: the Live cut.
From the start- that has been startling to me. I know it is A LIVE cut- so that could be a clue in itself. I also liked what some of you pointed out in the Live from Bucharest Thread regarding how this might have been the first time it really stood out to TPTB HOW powerful Michael was and could be.

If you listen to the intro, there is the tapping of a musical staff. You know, like the musical director does before the concert starts. The Majaestro directing his work? Michael again pointing out that only he gives the cues to start?

Now, what about the saxophone? Who is playing it? I tried to find any reference in the booklet, but could not find anything. What could its significance be? If any (I wonder if sometimes an apple is just an apple- but then again, we are talking about Michael- so I doubt it). Every time,I think Saxophone I think Bill Clinton- but I doubt that's it. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> Any composers etc out there that have info on how and why sax music is used that could shed light?

Comments

• It says in the booklet, "Saxophone: Mike Phillips courtesy of Hidden Beach Recordings"
  • Its herIts her Posts: 1,137
    I have several questions about the song (beyond the obvious Behind the Mask statement), and wonder if you all had some inputs or information that could help.
    From the start- that has been startling to me. I know it is A LIVE cut- so that could be a clue in itself. I also liked what some of you pointed out in the Live from Bucharest Thread regarding how this might have been the first time it really stood out to TPTB HOW powerful Michael was and could be.

If you listen to the intro, there is the tapping of a musical staff. You know, like the musical director does before the concert starts. The Majaestro directing his work? Michael again pointing out that only he gives the cues to start?

Now, what about the saxophone? Who is playing it? I tried to find any reference in the booklet, but could not find anything. What could its significance be? If any (I wonder if sometimes an apple is just an apple- but then again, we are talking about Michael- so I doubt it). Every time,I think Saxophone I think Bill Clinton- but I doubt that's it. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> Any composers etc out there that have info on how and why sax music is used that could shed light?

<!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->

OhmiGOSH. <!-- s:!: -->:!:<!-- s:!: --> About the sax---this was the first thing I thought TOO, <!-- s:!: -->:!:<!-- s:!: --> but I thought I was just getting giddy from being tired. I thought, it HAS to be because someone on this forum has a pic of Clinton and MJ doing what looks like rubbing noses, in what used to be known as an Eskimo Kiss. The first notes of the sax, I thought of Bill Clinton. ISN'T THAT SILLY???? <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: --> <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: --> <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P --> <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P -->

But...I have seen MJ methodically court all kinds of different people for this Big Adventure---though I didn't know WHY he was doing years ago, yet.

If Michael Jackson WANTS former President Bill Clinton to lay some sax on a track on his HoaxDeath album, Michael Jackson GETS BILL CLINTON!!!!! That's all there is to it. <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o -->

You know MANY people do favors for friends without documented credit. I see this in movies all the time.

I have stopped laughing. <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o --> I SERIOUSLY think we are both right <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> !

I heard "Uncle Bill" was pretty good. Why wouldn't Mike invite him to play?

One thing MJ is fantastically expert at, is making money. This HoaxDeath album is going to be worth a FORTUNE in history, with one of the more <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: --> famous presidents jamming on it? Are you kidding, Mikey <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: --> <!-- s:!: -->:!:<!-- s:!: --> <!-- s:!: -->:!:<!-- s:!: --> <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->

Thank you for speaking your mind, Ignisaeternus. It's NOT silly if it occurred coincidentally to two (or more???)people. There ARE no coincidences...<!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) --> omg!

<!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
    It says in the booklet, "Saxophone: Mike Phillips courtesy of Hidden Beach Recordings"
    Yeah, but...is anything TRUE, just because it is in print???? <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> The name could be a pseudonym to keep the secret a little longer.

Is "Hidden Beach" a real company or one of MJ's "for his hoax" companies? Hmmm? I still think it's Bill. It's more fun. <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->
  • Now, that would be a good one.. Bill on the Sax! OMG! You guys... who's writing this hoax anyways... maybe MJ should hire you guys! I like the Bill thing! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    Everybody got their album, I mean, their cut of HIStory? <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • m8ightym8ighty Posts: 99
    excuse me for my ignorance, but what does TPTB stand for?
  • OK, there is Hidden Beach Recordings site and Mike Phillips is on it. 2010 album called M.P.3

<!-- m -->http://www.hiddenbeach.com/<!-- m -->
    OK, there is Hidden Beach Recordings site and Mike Phillips is on it. 2010 album called M.P.3

Ok. Thanks for the homework, and trying to pop my balloon. I still like Bill for the sax... <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

To m8ighty: TPTB= the powers that be, losers <!-- s:evil: -->:evil:<!-- s:evil: --> who aim to run the world, much to Freedom's detriment...
  • OK, there is Hidden Beach Recordings site and Mike Phillips is on it. 2010 album called M.P.3

Ok. Thanks for the homework, and trying to pop my balloon. I still like Bill for the sax... <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

To m8ighty: TPTB= the powers that be, losers <!-- s:evil: -->:evil:<!-- s:evil: --> who aim to run the world, much to Freedom's detriment...

Hey! I agree.. Bill would have been the icing on the cake! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • DatrootDatroot Posts: 1,314
    <!-- m -->http://www.last.fm/music/Eric+Clapton/_/Behind+the+Mask<!-- m -->

Not sure if this has been posted but anyway

If you listen to the intro, there is the tapping of a musical staff. You know, like the musical director does before the concert starts. The MaJaestro directing his work? Michael again pointing out that only he gives the cues to start?

Was that on purpose?? It suits him. I LIKE it! <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • LOL- Its her! I think it's so funny someone else thought Bill! And here I thought that was just my weird brain- turns out you share it.

And yes, the maestro comment was on purpose. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> I think it is very fitting for what is going on, indeed.

Thanks for the info on the sax. I could not find it in my booklet- but that doesn't mean anything. It is small print.

I still do not have a clue WHY it was included. I just do not think Michael does anything randomly (none of that: "bam"- I'll just throw some sax in... <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

One of my friends brought up a good point the other day as I tried to brainstorm about the Bucharest bit. She said, well, it was the only concert that he ever sold as a dvd. Hm...true.
  • m8ightym8ighty Posts: 99
    OK, there is Hidden Beach Recordings site and Mike Phillips is on it. 2010 album called M.P.3

Thank you "Its her"
    LOL- Its her! I think it's so funny someone else thought Bill! And here I thought that was just my weird brain- turns out you share it.

And yes, the maestro comment was on purpose. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> I think it is very fitting for what is going on, indeed.

Thanks for the info on the sax. I could not find it in my booklet- but that doesn't mean anything. It is small print. ( <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> No LIE! @ Daniela, you must have eagle eyes!)

I still do not have a clue WHY it was included. I just do not think Michael does anything randomly (none of that: "bam"- I'll just throw some sax in... <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

One of my friends brought up a good point the other day as I tried to brainstorm about the Bucharest bit. She said, well, it was the only concert that he ever sold as a dvd. Hm...true.

Ok. Before you judge me, try hard to ...not tack a "space cadet" label to my head <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> It may get weirder, before things level out <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> . Whether it is or NOT Bill Clinton actually playing saxophone on MICHAEL, suppose it is some kind of a reference TO him--being behind a cover of his own. He became president the very year the @#$% first hit the fan in MJ's life. Suppose that whole sexual misconduct /impeachment business was crap to manipulate the powers of the sitting ruler of the Free World? After all, if TPTB don't gain one's full co-operation, they have that one one killed. (Abe Lincoln, John Kennedy; both World Bank related)

I'm not sure what boot they would have had on Clinton's neck at the time...but maybe all that was just a warning. Yet, even though he began to take their rule more seriously, he still didn't get off scott free. They ALWAYS leave you with a "what for". <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->

Jackie Kennedy wrote some secrets in her autobiography, which was to be sealed in a vault, not to be published for 100 years, after 2064. The rumor was that she said she was protecting her children---for their lifetime. She knew things. I BET you, the same creepy <!-- s:twisted: -->:twisted:<!-- s:twisted: --> things MJ found out the hard way. And they killed John Jr. anyway, even though she kept the secrets.

I hate to be so deadly serious, but unchecked evil is deadly. We don't dare sleep through it.

You're right. That saxophone. Not just some ala carte instrument to use this time. It gives it a very jazz-like feel. This is probably from outer space, but I don't mean New Orleans, but NewYork. Not cultural Jazz but more Showbizzy Jazz. Does that make sense?

I have heard parts of the other versions of this song, but I don't remember saxophone in them. Perhaps the musician(s) didn't have much presence (or I wasn't paying attention <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P --> ). I'll check them again---if it is there, MJ just kept it, because it works. But, if it's not there, it means it was painted in, by MJ, to make us subconsciously mindful of something.

Maybe he and BC were kicking tunes around one day (because with musicians, sooner or later SOMEbody starts it), after a meeting of the minds over their common charities, and MJ loved what he heard, and found a place for it on MICHAEL. But not for nothing. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

This is REALLY wacky: <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: --> the only other person I think of playing the saxophone is Lisa Simpson. <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P --> Both have ties to MJ. Just saying. <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->

What do you think? Something has tripped your sonar. What do you mean, "...how & why sax music is used"??

And what did your friend mean about the DVD? Is there something encrypted ON that DIGITAL copy which wasn't possible on the VHS tape of previous concerts, his short films or Moonwalker??? <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> Or is that concert itself the focal point, and he put something IN the concert, right in front of HBO, God, and everyone, LIVE? <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o -->

Don't tell me it is not really HIM. When he wasn't hiding his face, I could see he actually looked his thicker, correct age (33-34) in this concert---instead of the eternally boyish mid-twenties. It raised an eyebrow, but not a big red flag. No one does whimsy like MJ. It has to be him, inspite of what they're saying on the "Live From Bucharest" thread.....................................................Right? <!-- s:| -->:|<!-- s:| -->
  • nefarinefari Posts: 1,227
    "Hidden Beach" reminds me of that DoDo bird again lol
  • Whether it is or NOT Bill Clinton actually playing saxophone on MICHAEL, suppose it is some kind of a reference TO him--being behind a cover of his own. He became president the very year the @#$% first hit the fan in MJ's life. Suppose that whole sexual misconduct /impeachment business was crap to manipulate the powers of the sitting ruler of the Free World? After all, if TPTB don't gain one's full co-operation, they have that one one killed. (Abe Lincoln, John Kennedy; both World Bank related)

Very good point about the year of Bill's presidency. Hm- thanks for bringing that up. And ABSOLUTLEY re Jackie K- and what happened to John Jr.
    I hate to be so deadly serious, but unchecked evil is deadly. We don't dare sleep through it.
    And yet- what is easier than to set up evil and have everyone disregard it as "nonsense" while the masses are fed happyness through their media machine. Let's not have any upsetting thoughts, that would rock the boat, right? <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    This is REALLY wacky: <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: --> the only other person I think of playing the saxophone is Lisa Simpson. <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P --> Both have ties to MJ. Just saying. <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
    <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> Hm...Lisa (not Simpson) playing the intro (from behind her mask?).... Reaching maybe, but hey, I call it brain storming....
    What do you think? Something has tripped your sonar. What do you mean, "...how & why sax music is used"??
    IF only I knew- but this helps...So thank you!

I have no idea what she meant. We were just brainstorming WHY this particular concert was used (IF there are no coincidences). Mayeb I should do what makes the most sense and watch it (I do own it).
  • I'll ask Teddy if he knows why this concert but he doesn't seem to reply lately.
  • I'll ask Teddy if he knows why this concert but he doesn't seem to reply lately.

Thanks it doesn't hurt to ask.
  • I have several questions about the song (beyond the obvious Behind the Mask statement), and wonder if you all had some inputs or information that could help.

<!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->

OhmiGOSH. <!-- s:!: -->:!:<!-- s:!: --> About the sax---this was the first thing I thought TOO, <!-- s:!: -->:!:<!-- s:!: --> but I thought I was just getting giddy from being tired. I thought, it HAS to be because someone on this forum has a pic of Clinton and MJ doing what looks like rubbing noses, in what used to be known as an Eskimo Kiss. The first notes of the sax, I thought of Bill Clinton. ISN'T THAT SILLY???? <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: --> <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: --> <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P --> <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P -->

But...I have seen MJ methodically court all kinds of different people for this Big Adventure---though I didn't know WHY he was doing years ago, yet.

If Michael Jackson WANTS former President Bill Clinton to lay some sax on a track on his HoaxDeath album, Michael Jackson GETS BILL CLINTON!!!!! That's all there is to it. <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o -->

You know MANY people do favors for friends without documented credit. I see this in movies all the time.

I have stopped laughing. <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o --> I SERIOUSLY think we are both right <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> !

I heard "Uncle Bill" was pretty good. Why wouldn't Mike invite him to play?

One thing MJ is fantastically expert at, is making money. This HoaxDeath album is going to be worth a FORTUNE in history, with one of the more <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: --> famous presidents jamming on it? Are you kidding, Mikey <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: --> <!-- s:!: -->:!:<!-- s:!: --> <!-- s:!: -->:!:<!-- s:!: --> <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->

Thank you for speaking your mind, Ignisaeternus. It's NOT silly if it occurred coincidentally to two (or more???)people. There ARE no coincidences...<!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) --> omg!

<!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

Hello Its Her!!!!

WOW <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> ,you know I believe to that it's Bill Clinton the one who sings.These days I was thinking that the line in the begining it's familiar to me,very very familiar <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: --> <!-- s:idea: -->:idea:<!-- s:idea: --> .But I don't know from where and I'm so angry because I don't know ,lol.
    Anyway here it's the MASTER ,singing,the GREAT BILL CLINTON on the SAXOPHONE,enjoy <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    !!!!!!

[youtube:2ie8rv8v]

LOVE