Dr. Murray's Name in Smooth Criminal Lyrics

edited January 1970 in Dr. Conrad Murray
Smooth Criminal Moonwalker Version
at around 3:27 please listen to the lyrics I believe Michael sings the following:

[youtube:3sjh3frx]

So they came in to the out way
It was a Sunday, what a black day
Every time I tried to find him
He`s leavin`no clues, they`re behind him
An behind what you`re knowin, what to suspect or expect
Dr. Murray, Resuscitation
Sounding heartbeats, Intimidations

There is more different than just Dr. Murray`s name...

Radio version

[youtube:3sjh3frx]

Every lyric site I have looked at have the lyrics posted as:

So They Came Into The Outway
It Was Sunday - What A Black Day
Mouth To Mouth Resus - Citation
Sounding Heartbeats - Intimidations

As many of Michael`s songs seem to have all kinds of clues etc in them, I am starting to wonder if maybe he was having premonitions about the future rather than actually formulating a hoax way back in 1987 when this song was written.
(Michael Jackson Smooth Criminal (Radio Edit) (c) © 1987 MJJ Productions Inc)

Comments

• This also now makes me think about what Kenny Ortega said on Oprah:

O: that he could dance n dance and not be breathless because he became one with the music.
    K: yup, he was channelling. You know it was as if he was the music, he embodied the music.

Channelling:
    * Psychic communication in the physical world with other entities, usually non-corporeal; for example, dead human beings, spirits on a higher plane
    * A spiritualist medium's passive reception of information from a disembodied soul or other supernatural entity
    * Process of receiving messages or inspiration from invisible beings or spirits.

O: There's a funny story about Prince, will you share that?
    K: ...and one day I was being very serious with him and he was saying he had been channelling and therefore he didn't sleep and he was working on songs and his higher power was working through him and giving him ideas and I was like "can't you talk to your higher power and just ask if he could shelve these ideas until we open in London and then we'll make sure you have a recording studio at the gig and one at the house and you can work on the record from that point on" and he was like "I can't do that" and I was like "Why?" and he was like "he'll give the ideas to Prince"
    O: I like that he's like "God's speaking to me and if I do that he'll give the ideas to someone else"
    K: He Admired Prince, loved his music. "Purple Rain", he used to talk about that song

Purple Rain - credit to Ralu @ michaeljacksonhoax.lefora.com
    Purple Rain is the creative love of God - See Alice Walker's amazing novel
    Possibly religious, hindu, purple rain the highest level of heaven
    purple rain is a metaphor for perfect love and happiness
  • I posted about the lyrics never used in the official recording from Bad on the old forum.
    I felt chills hearing them because it fits like a clue in this whole hoax saga.
    I also listened again when people started mentioning they heard him say Dr. Murray right after those lyrics and I studied and compared the original to that version and to me,it sure sounds like he did indeed say Dr. Murray instead of mouth to mouth.
    MJ is a genious and once did state that if fame or whatever got too much for him,he would disappear or fake his death and this comment was made in the early 90's before Dangerous.
    He also stated in the Rabbi's book and in the tapes as I have heard them that he would like to just disappear one day and perhaps come back out and resume his career either through music or movies!
  • lisap27lisap27 Posts: 1,100
    ok i think this is a random topic BUT i've been listening to The Essential album in the car a lot lately!! an theres deffinatly something fishy with the Smooth Criminal lyrics!! only on this album tho!! no other!! believe me i've checked a million times!!

listened to it over an over an i'm positive on that Mouth to Mouth ressucitation bit.. they are not the words!! (if you get what i'm saying)

if you have the album someone please check for me its driving me MAD!! <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
  • me2me2 Posts: 107
    i just listened to smooth criminal, listed on bad album on my media player, it are the original lirycs.

but i hear in your version other words to
  • mumof3mumof3 Posts: 1,973
    I can hear dr Murray or is it not too worry
  • lisap27lisap27 Posts: 1,100
    this is what is driving me mad!! its only on THE ESSENTIAL album i hear it different!!
  • techdivatechdiva Posts: 448
    I am looking at MJ's Dangerous live tour in Bucharest 1992. In the Smooth Criminal he does mention Dr. Murray name. Here's the video. Go to 23:08 and you can hear it.
    [youtube:lmprpww6]
  • Sounding heartbeats
  • sorry guys, but i think this is wishful thinking

i know your going to blast me for this comment.

the mind can play tricks.
  • sorry guys, but i think this is wishful thinking

i know your going to blast me for this comment.

the mind can play tricks.
    And you're so right.
    Guys, just try - in his tempo - say or sing: "mouth to mouth resuscitation" - is sound kinda like Murray, but only kinda like <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    Besides - this song was released in 1987! You really think he was planing to hoax his death then? Before trials, accusations, problem, when he was #1? And already then he thought: "yes, this doc-guy will be called Murray and I'm gonna put his name in my song"
    Do you really think so?
  • mdcmdc Posts: 343
    lol, I still think the guy in the video, who breaks the pool stick and gets the dust blown in his face, could be Conrad Murray...you know if you added 20 years and quite a few pounds to him. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

It is odd that the lyrics are different in the video than on the album. Does anyone have the original Moonwalker video on VHS? Are the lyrics the same on that video? Just wondering because DVDs didn't come out til way later and I wondered if they were the same.
  • simplymesimplyme Posts: 649
    Smooth Criminal Moonwalker Version
    at around 3:27 please listen to the lyrics I believe Michael sings the following:

[youtube:yj1quv51]

So they came in to the out way
    It was a Sunday, what a black day
    Every time I tried to find him
    He`s leavin`no clues, they`re behind him
    An behind what you`re knowin, what to suspect or expect
    Dr. Murray, Resuscitation
    Sounding heartbeats, Intimidations

There is more different than just Dr. Murray`s name...

Radio version

[youtube:yj1quv51]

Every lyric site I have looked at have the lyrics posted as:

So They Came Into The Outway
    It Was Sunday - What A Black Day
    Mouth To Mouth Resus - Citation
    Sounding Heartbeats - Intimidations

As many of Michael`s songs seem to have all kinds of clues etc in them, I am starting to wonder if maybe he was having premonitions about the future rather than actually formulating a hoax way back in 1987 when this song was written.
    (Michael Jackson Smooth Criminal (Radio Edit) (c) © 1987 MJJ Productions Inc)
    Listen to it with headphones on and your eyes closed. Michael sang it the way he wrote it. He's not saying Doctor Murray.
  • Listen to it with headphones on and your eyes closed. Michael sang it the way he wrote it. He's not saying Doctor Murray.
    Thank you but I have listened with my headphones on....repeatedly. In your opinion he isn't saying it and in mine he is definitely saying Dr. Murray.

So we will have to agree to disagree...
  • It's the way he pronounces "mouth to mouth", he says "ma too ma" so it's easy to mishear it.

I think one odd thing about Smooth Criminal is that the version on the TII album doesn't have the heavy breathing or heartbeat at the beginning yet in the booklet "heavy breathing" is credited to Frank DiLeo!
  • Solid121Solid121 Posts: 292
    It's the way he pronounces "mouth to mouth", he says "ma too ma" so it's easy to mishear it.

I think one odd thing about Smooth Criminal is that the version on the TII album doesn't have the heavy breathing or heartbeat at the beginning yet in the booklet "heavy breathing" is credited to Frank DiLeo!

Yeah, it was also Michael's heartbeat that they recorded, is that missing too?! That is weird considering the circumstances <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> I know they removed the breathing for the Remastered version of the Bad album, but the heartbeat remained...
  • i tried to hear it but i just hear mouth to mouth resuscitation <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->
  • awesome1awesome1 Posts: 565
    if you have the TII DVD watch and listen to the performance then you will hear it
  • ok i think this is a random topic BUT i've been listening to The Essential album in the car a lot lately!! an theres deffinatly something fishy with the Smooth Criminal lyrics!! only on this album tho!! no other!! believe me i've checked a million times!!

listened to it over an over an i'm positive on that Mouth to Mouth ressucitation bit.. they are not the words!! (if you get what i'm saying)

if you have the album someone please check for me its driving me MAD!! <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
    I have it and I think he's saying mouth to mouth ressucitation...But it's hard to tell because he says that part really fast!