TIAI January 17

mjssoulmatemjssoulmate Posts: 820
edited January 1970 in TIAI

Comments

• AndreaAndrea Posts: 3,787
    Galatians 5:13; Galatians 5:14 (New Living Translation)

Galatians 5:13

For you have been called to live in freedom, my brothers and sisters. But don’t use your freedom to satisfy your sinful nature. Instead, use your freedom to serve one another in love.

Galatians 5:14

For the whole law can be summed up in this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”
  • This is an interesting redirect because I think the 1/16 re: Martin Luther, demonstrates the Galatians 5:13-14 scripture very well. I have struggled with what to write about yesterday’s redirect. Ever since studying M.L. in my German class in college, I've not been an admirer of Martin Luther and I couldn’t quite figure out how it related to the MJ hoax.

But, I see today's redirect as insight. Martin Luther is lauded as a reformer and he fought for every person to have the freedom to, as Christians, commune with God directly in faith. His efforts are clearly courageous and transformative, which I respect, as it’s had a bearing on my life as a believer who cherishes a direct relationship with Christ.

Yet, Martin Luther was a complex man who’s freedom, I feel, ended up satisfying his sinful nature. Obviously, there was some important good that he did, but he could not overcome his sins for Love’s sake. To me, he is an example of what happens if you cannot “love your neighbor as yourself.”

I know that you can’t judge the totality of a person only on their mistakes or faults but I’ve never felt that Martin Luther’s accomplishments as a church reformer really outweighed the great harm he fostered, which, in my readings, helped to create a climate of extreme anti-Semitism, intolerance of religious differences, and a tacit nod to continued inservitude of the peasantry and the transatlantic slave trade.

<!-- s:arrow: -->:arrow:<!-- s:arrow: --> Interesting article: http://www.tentmaker.org/books/MartinLuther-HitlersSpiritualAncestor.html

Perhaps it is my own bias, but I cannot relate well to anyone who says they have a personal relationship with Christ, yet they cannot express basic decency, respect and humanity for “the least of these” or for those who practice a different faith tradition. In my opinion, Martin Luther did not practice LOVE and ultimately his beliefs veer far from the teachings of Jesus or Michael Jackson’s and Dr. King’s message of faith, hope, charity and justice for all.

(NOTE: As hoaxers, we have some difficult days ahead and when I think of loving our neighbors, I first think about the “non-believing” fans. What shall we do about them? What should be our guiding principle for garnering more support in the Army of L.O.V.E.? Where have all the supporters gone? Perhaps today’s redirect is one of the answers... Time is of the essence! Onward, Soldiers!)
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    That's some wise advise on MLK day. Thanks TS.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    SoldierofLOVE
    Perhaps it is my own bias, but I cannot relate well to anyone who says they have a personal relationship with Christ, yet they cannot express basic decency, respect and humanity for “the least of these” or for those who practice a different faith tradition. In my opinion, Martin Luther did not practice LOVE and ultimately his beliefs veer far from the teachings of Jesus or Michael Jackson’s and Dr. King’s message of faith, hope, charity and justice for all.

But Martin Luther was the beginning of the Protestant church. All of the western world would still be Catholic if not for him. Jesus taught an exclusive belief system, believe in Him or...
    MJ here through TS and Dr. King speak ONLY of selfless love for your neighbour regardless of belief.
  • loyalfanloyalfan Posts: 1,641
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    Happy Birthday loyalfan! You look very happy! God bless you!
    thankyou so much xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • trustno1trustno1 Posts: 654
    Happy Birthday Loyalfan! And thanks TS for the redirect. We're still watchin'! <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • SarahliSarahli Posts: 4,265
    I think (but i can be wrong of course) that the main ideas of these two last redirects is the freedom of belief, the corruption of religions, think for yourself and love is the answer.

God gave us FREEDOM, and the freedom of belief is an important one. Freedom is one of God's most precious gifts to ALL of us and we should have the right to enjoy this gift from God for free without being persecuted, hated, diminished because of the beliefs we hold, the religion we practice. We should not be accountable about our faiths before so called authorities who have no God-given legitimacy and for most of them have corrupted religions to serve their evil agenda. Therefore in order to fully enjoy this freedom we absolutely must think for ourselves because God gave us all the capacity to do so. By thinking for ourselves and making the choices we want in life we are free. If we blindly follow the crowd, the majority, or whatever else that can be followed, without using our capacities then we are not really free, or not free at all. Hence an important thing to do in the matter of faith is to study the scriptures ourselves and really make the effort to understand the message and not let others dictate and impose to us their, most often, biased interpretations. Open your heart to God and He will guide you in this journey.

This leads me to say that everyone is responsible for the choices they make in life hence the importance to think for ourselves and not let others choose for us...that's why freedom is a required condition, a God-given right so that the "thinking for ourselves" can be fully applied and enjoyed.

Now we must honor this gift of freedom and use it for the best purposes... as serving one another in love and by being good examples to others. If everybody followed this basic rule "“Love your neighbor as yourself” ... no matter who the neighbour is... there would be a LOT less problems on earth. Love is really what can make this world a better place. My love to you all. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • Happy Birthday Loyalfan. <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P -->

Thanks for the redirect TS patiently watching and waiting for Michaels command to give my all. Its ALL FOR L.O.V.E.

God bless all.

<!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P -->
  • trustno1trustno1 Posts: 654
    Sarahli that was beautifully said. Love to you and I agree with you entirely.
    Sarahli that was beautifully said. Love to you and I agree with you entirely.

Thank you my dear <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • MO_1219MO_1219 Posts: 87
    Happy birthday loyalfan~~ <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    Thank you TS <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • [youtube:2z0fw9gm]

everything lately has had me thinking about this song. from the last two redirects to esther to dancing the dreams michael did drink post from wow a couple of months ago.guess i have been thinking about it for a while now .
  • GINAFELICIAGINAFELICIA Posts: 6,506
    For the whole law can be summed up in this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

this is the whole law indeed........ if you hate yourself it's a different story......

So I guess we must love ourselves first and then love the others at least that much <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->

Thank you to all my teachers <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    hate computors
  • AnaMarciaAnaMarcia Posts: 860

Hi Loyalfan

Happy birthday!!!
    And soon you get an unforgettable gift!
    no only you, but all of us here! <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P --> <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P --> <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P -->

Cheers!!
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    Sarahli wrote:

I think (but i can be wrong of course) that the main ideas of these two last redirects is the freedom of belief, the corruption of religions, think for yourself and love is the answer.

God gave us FREEDOM, and the freedom of belief is an important one. Freedom is one of God's most precious gifts to ALL of us and we should have the right to enjoy this gift from God for free without being persecuted, hated, diminished because of the beliefs we hold, the religion we practice. We should not be accountable about our faiths before so called authorities who have no God-given legitimacy and for most of them have corrupted religions to serve their evil agenda. Therefore in order to fully enjoy this freedom we absolutely must think for ourselves because God gave us all the capacity to do so. By thinking for ourselves and making the choices we want in life we are free. If we blindly follow the crowd, the majority, or whatever else that can be followed, without using our capacities then we are not really free, or not free at all. Hence an important thing to do in the matter of faith is to study the scriptures ourselves and really make the effort to understand the message and not let others dictate and impose to us their, most often, biased interpretations. Open your heart to God and He will guide you in this journey.

This leads me to say that everyone is responsible for the choices they make in life hence the importance to think for ourselves and not let others choose for us...that's why freedom is a required condition, a God-given right so that the "thinking for ourselves" can be fully applied and enjoyed.

Now we must honor this gift of freedom and use it for the best purposes... as serving one another in love and by being good examples to others. If everybody followed this basic rule "“Love your neighbor as yourself” ... no matter who the neighbour is... there would be a LOT less problems on earth. Love is really what can make this world a better place. My love to you all.

According Sarahli well said. ! loyalfan Happy Birthday!!
  • ladymjcladymjc Posts: 99
    Michael says in his song just Martin Luther. So one can believe he was speaking of Martin Luther King Jr. or Martin Luther. So, when one person says
    SoldierofLOVE

And another person believes
    But Martin Luther was the beginning of the Protestant church. All of the western world would still be Catholic if not for him. Jesus taught an exclusive belief system, believe in Him or...
    MJ here through TS and Dr. King speak ONLY of selfless love for your neighbour regardless of belief.

If people were to get into a discussion on it, like what it has produced here, regardless of how it is interpreted by either parties, the statements from both of you are not a lie. Therefore it shows us that the words in the original statement were manipulated in a way to leave an open interpretation. One has the freedom to believe what they want to believe based on their own interpretations. It also, in a way, forces you to look at how the statement can be seen from both sides. If Martin Luther taught that the Bible is the only source of divinely revealed knowledge and MLK spread the message of faith and justice for all we can see that the name Martin Luther could have a double meaning. In the aspect of how it plays into the hoax, since it was Jermaine that announced Michael’s death and not a doctor, most in the world interpreted that as being the truth that the Michael Jackson associated with him had died. But since it was not the doctor that announced it and he did not sign the death certificate of the real Michael Jackson, all of us here interpret that as him still being alive. We also have the different names used on the coroner’s report and the autopsy report. So when he did announce that Michael Jackson had died, and it was the terminally ill person that had his name changed, he was not lying. He left it open for everyone’s own interpretation. We could do this with everything that has happened because no body knows for sure what exactly happened. When everyone is in court and they are under oath of the bible being asked questions about the real Michael Jackson, they can give their honest answers of what happened prior to his hospital visit. If he indeed made himself sick that day by having Dr. Murray and himself administer the drugs to send him to the hospital that means everything that took place DID happen. Nobody is really lying if their answers are left with an open interpretation. AND since in the court of LAW the bible is used to get those to tell the truth, and the bible is the only source of divinely revealed knowledge and it says the whole LAW can be summed up as love your neighbor as you love thyself, they are not doing anything against the law. But this is just my interpretation.
  • MissGMissG Posts: 7,403
    Galatians 5:14

No way, my neighbor is an asocial sour a**hole <!-- s:evil: -->:evil:<!-- s:evil: -->

Happy b-day Loyalfan!
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRlqTG1jhDQH5YbfEypvdi3wohYVWpJv9pVz3h133LGzZnR25vqsg
  • MissGMissG Posts: 7,403
    Open your heart to God

In order to do that, first we need to define and agree on the concept of God and why it is neccesary for our existance to have the concept of God.

So far, after all that I have read, the concept of God is too abstract.

Civil, moral and ethic rules are shown in the bible (also in the Qurán and other religious philosophy), all based in being a good samaritan able to live within peace accepting rules and patterns of behaviour, at times based on fear and at times based on pure conditioning.

At the end, the aim is to achieve being a better person for yourself and others around you.

Do we need an outer reason (God) for that?

The truth is that the concept of God covers many fields. It is the resort for everything, but still, imo, it is placebo.
    Open your heart to God

In order to do that, first we need to define and agree on the concept of God and why it is neccesary for our existance to have the concept of God.

So far, after all that I have read, the concept of God is too abstract.

Civil, moral and ethic rules are shown in the bible (also in the Qurán and other religious philosophy), all based in being a good samaritan able to live within peace accepting rules and patterns of behaviour, at times based on fear and at times based on pure conditioning.

At the end, the aim is to achieve being a better person for yourself and others around you.

The truth is that the concept of God covers many fields. It is the resort for everything, but still, imo, it is placebo.

You are giving me a hard time Gema <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> the problem is that as far as I remember I always believed in God and was never teached any concept of God, it's like it was innate in me and my faith just evolved with time. If I give you the description of what I believe is God, like the Creator of all things, you included <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> , will it be enough for you? Maybe not you will ask for proofs and I will answer everything around you and you will say <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> LOL

We don't have to agree and define I think because this is God Himself who will guide you, not me or anyone else. So open your heart to God can mean study the question don't be oblivious about it and close your heart to the possibility. Because a lot of people just don't look further but I know Gema that you do look further, so in a sense you are aleady opening your heart to this avenue.

Absolutely, I need God to guide me and without God we would not be here in the first place, He created us, He is not an outer reason for me but a part of me. Well maybe that it does not make much sense for you yet. I hope you will find God, He is closer to you than you could ever imagine and only wants the good for you.

About the rules in the scriptures ... think about someone who creates a company, the director will certainly create certain rules so that the company is managed properly for its benefit or the company will sink, so the same with the company Earth <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->.

God bless you Gema (I know you love that <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> ).
  • HAPPY BIRTHDAY Loyalfan. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
    Thanx TS for the redirect <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    thankyou all so much xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx as you can see.its all about love for others xxxxxxxxxxxxx