A Donny Osmond interview on MJ

MeandMyShadowMeandMyShadow Posts: 385
edited January 1970 in General Hoax Investigation
I didn't know where to post this. I tried putting it under Michael's friends but it said that forum does not exist anymore.

Anyway, I just was curious as to whether or not there would be anything on youtube of Donny Osmond and MJ. And low and behold, I came across this little interview thing of Donny. Thought it was pretty interesting, so, I thought I would share it here. If this is the wrong place to put it, I apologize, also if it's old, I apologize for that as well.

[youtube:3g73co2v]

Comments

• Thank you for sharing this with us. I'll check it out to see if it's the same interview I remember. Donny spoke very kindly of Michael and said they used to joke around before concerts when they were in the same place.

I also remember an interview where Donny says that his managers were asking that he tell the media that he was drunk because they were trying to drum up publicity and he almost went along with it but in the end refused. I can't help but think that the same happened to Michael in the beginning but it got out of hand.

Blessings.
  • Edit: this wasn't the interview I remember. This interview was equally incredible, heartfelt, warm, tenderhearted, and sincere. What an incredible person Donny Osmond is, really. It bothers me that he speaks about his concern for Michael as well as Stevie's concern - but it appears that it was before the allegations...it also crossed my mind that perhaps he's doing his part to show the world that Michael is indeed human. God bless him for that.
  • What I find interesting is that he offered for MJ and kids to stay at his place. He said he never took him up on it, but ...I wonder <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: -->
  • has he recently lost a lot of weight? he looks pretty good size here and he was just on huckabee over the holiday season and seemed fairly smaller. the only reason i am wondering is if this could have been made earlier than suggested. guess one would have to see if he really did the radio spots he refered to.
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    There is another interview with Donny from right after June 25, but I can't find it anywhere on YouTube. It was a long and very interesting interview and he was laughing his ass off, which was strange since he is a good friend of MJ, that makes me believe Donny knows it's a hoax.

If I recall right, Donny is also the 7th of 9 children. They have lots in common, I think someone either posted that once, or made a video about it.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• When was the last time he talked to him @ 2:14-2:21- "It was probably a year or so before he passed away.Maybe a little more than that." He goes on to say that "he and I were going to do a song together..." and so on. And then says: @2:58-3:01- "Shortly there after is when all the allegations hit." So far, Donny says that the last time he talked to Mike was a year (or so <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->) before he 'died' and the REASON they talked was that MJ and Donny were going to do a song together... a year before Mike 'died'... <!-- ssuspicious// -->suspicious//<!-- ssuspicious// --> and then Donny goes on to say that Mr. Wonder told him to get close to Michael...and then shortly after that the allegations hit? A year before Mike 'died' <!-- ssuspicious// -->suspicious//<!-- ssuspicious// --> BUT covers slip up with "or more than that (a year)". I'm sure Donny can count. and I'm sure he understands the difference between 2003 and 2008, a 5 year difference. And @ 3:48-3:58, "there's a lot of things that I can contribute to his death, and everybody blames specific things but uh...this business kinda took its toll on him." If that isn't the TRUTH then I don't know what is. This vid of Donny, IMO is just as important than what Akon or Teddy or anyone else has to say. I'm convinced Donny is a knower like many others. <!-- srr/ -->rr/<!-- srr/ -->
  • suspicious mindsuspicious mind Posts: 5,984
    i sometimes get the feeling that there is something about michael that all of the celebraties know that the public doesn't . something that makes them tend to be protective of him. i am not saying it is an addiction knowlegde but something else that i can't quite put my finger on. does anyone else sense that ? am i seeing or feeling things that aren't there?
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    Yes Donny seems like such a sweet guy. What would Stevie Wonder be worried about MJ just before the allegations? About his mental health (depression), about drug abuse, or his sharing beds with children?
    At the end he says "I know I will see him again some day." <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o --> Is he spiritualizing or cryptically saying MJ's alive?
    i sometimes get the feeling that there is something about michael that all of the celebraties know that the public doesn't . something that makes them tend to be protective of him. i am not saying it is an addiction knowlegde but something else that i can't quite put my finger on. does anyone else sense that ? am i seeing or feeling things that aren't there?
    I totally know what you mean and have posted about it before.

Here's the video of him "laughing his ass off". But not only him, I've watched it a few times with my family and posted it to friends, and love it. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    [youtube:1jig2ee6]
    [youtube:1jig2ee6]
  • mdcmdc Posts: 343

No, I always have the feeling that everybody knows what's going on EXCEPT us. Probably because they all keep telling us they know what happened and that the "truth will prevail." But somehow they always forget to tell us that truth, so I'm not sure how it's going to prevail. I'm sure no one wants to hear my rant on that, so I'll stop there and leave it alone. lol
  • i sometimes get the feeling that there is something about michael that all of the celebraties know that the public doesn't . something that makes them tend to be protective of him. i am not saying it is an addiction knowlegde but something else that i can't quite put my finger on. does anyone else sense that ? am i seeing or feeling things that aren't there?

You can never understand someone's personal experiences until you have gone through what they have gone through. I think there a good handful of people thrown into fame and are loved and adored, and then when the next bus load of brainwashed underweight, under-talented bimbos come then out with the old. Michael's fan base grew so MASSIVE that they couldn't break him down completely. They can't silence him, his message has spread to every corner of every continent. Watch concert footage of Michael bringing out children on Earth Song and Heal the World and tell me there isn't a place in your heart that grows warm. This positive and uplifting feeling on a Global Scale is what will free us, what will guide us to a safe and peaceful world. The NWO, Illuminati, Government, Media, whoever else does NOT want this message received. They want us to be dependent on them forever. They exploit our men women and children, and our earth is exploited the worst. WE have to make some sacrifices and make a BIG change. Sorry about my ranting. I felt the need to say that.
  • Has anyone else read this article from '09? the story is told differently than the video. And the last part is really creepy to me. "change your image.. and your name." Why change your name? I wonder what Mike meant by this if he said it at all:
    http://www.lvrj.com/news/49334897.html

Donny Osmond recalls old friend Donny Osmond says he asked Michael Jackson for advice about getting his career back on track in 1984.
    Jun. 27, 2009 | 10:00 p.m.
    Updated: Jun. 29, 2009 | 7:54 a.m.
    Their last conversation was about 18 months ago. Close friends throughout their iconic careers, Michael Jackson and Donny Osmond stayed in touch by telephone over the years.

"We met when we were about 13," Osmond recalled Friday, a few hours before taking the stage for the Donny & Marie Show at the Flamingo Las Vegas.

The teen idols bonded over an uncanny number of coincidences: Both were members of famous musical families before they reached their teen years. Both were from families with nine children. Both were the seventh child.

"Our mothers were even born on the same day," said Osmond, "and our fathers were both extreme disciplinarians, although my father was not a Joe Jackson."

At 14, Jackson had his first No. 1, "Ben," in 1972. It was written for Osmond, but he was later told they couldn't reach him because he was touring.

That made 'em even. "One Bad Apple," The Osmond family's' No. 1 hit in 1971 (when Donny was 14) "was written for Michael."

The similarities continued. Donny and Marie had a TV show. So did Michael and Janet, briefly.

"Michael said he hated every second of it," said Osmond.

Jackson was living in Las Vegas when they last talked.

During that last conversation, Osmond remembers asking Jackson, "Where are you?

"I can't tell you," said Jackson.

"You can't tell me?" said Osmond, gently chiding his longtime friend.

"Please don't tell anyone," said Jackson.

"I rented a motor home and I'm down in Arizona. I just want to hide. I want to get away from people," said Jackson.

Osmond invited him to drive up to Utah. Jackson said, 'I'm going to take you up on that."

But that was it. "He shut it down after that," said Osmond. "He isolated himself after that. His life was in shambles," from financial setbacks and scandal.

Jackson, 50, died of cardiac arrest Thursday at home in the Holmby Hills area of Los Angeles.

"It's been a tough day," Osmond said Friday. It was audible in his voice. In a matter of days, three show business people he knew had died. Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett and Jackson.

He recalled another telephone call, maybe three or four years ago. This one came from Stevie Wonder, who invited Osmond over to his recording studio.

When he got there, they chatted, and Wonder cut to the chase.

"What I really wanted you here for is to get closer to Michael because he really needs some help," Wonder told him.

Osmond did a cover of Wonder's 1976 No. 1 hit "I Wish" and took it to Jackson's Neverland Ranch to play it for him. That was the kind of friendship they had.

When Jackson's megahit "Thriller" came out in 1984, "I went to see him to see if he could help me get my career back on track.

"I asked him, 'How do I get back on the charts?"

"Change your image," said Jackson, "and your name."