What is Michael Holding in his Hand?

DancingTheDreamDancingTheDream Posts: 4,923
edited August 2011 in General MJ Discussion
I have always wondered this.<br /><br />What is Michael holding in his hand, in the picture for his "Off the Wall" album cover?<br /><br />images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTo_4mFXj6P7A6_5XgaY6G1MWM-p6vQtlJx3VROUr8lwHo2QC_tYA<br /><br />offthewall.jpg

Comments

• chalk?

hey there you go dancing! you like it when he's a bad boy <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • chalk?

I thought that too... but then it looks too big and shiny to be chalk.

<!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • chalk?

would the camara have caught the dust coming off of it if he was twirling it?
  • That's my signature! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • anewfananewfan Posts: 1,125
    chalk?

Back when chalkboards were the norm in classrooms,they used to have chalk holders that were silver like that so that you wouldn't break the chalk and/or get it on your hands. Also...it extended the length of the chalk to write easier.

chalk-holder-1068.jpg
  • @anewfan Thankyou. xx
    @anewfan Thankyou. xx

You are very welcome! <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • It is a piece of chalk in a little transparent plastik box to prevent your hands and clothes from getting dusty from chalk dust. Only a small part of chalk on top to be able to write on the board (here on the wall).
    If you don't use it your black suit will get white from the dust.
    Comparable to a lipstick which disappears after usage or you would smear your clothes or handbag with the lipstick's color.
    So that's my guess: Michael doesn't want his hands and clothes to be covered with white chalk dust and uses not just chalk, but the more elegant version. <!-- s:idea: -->:idea:<!-- s:idea: --> <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P -->
    I just see the answer has already been found out by anewfan. Riddle solved then.
  • chalk?

Back when chalkboards were the norm in classrooms,they used to have chalk holders that were silver like that so that you wouldn't break the chalk and/or get it on your hands. Also...it extended the length of the chalk to write easier.

chalk-holder-1068.jpg

wow. i am a year older than mike and have never seen one of these that i can recall. how did you know about it?
    @suspiciousmind...I am a teacher....the first couple of classrooms that I taught in had these. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> Thank God we have Smartboards and whiteboards in our classrooms now. I do still have a little bit of chalkboard showing...but I don't use it. Too messy!
  • mumof3mumof3 Posts: 1,973
    I remember getting lumps of chalk thrown at me for talking in class but never seen one of those
  • @suspiciousmind...I am a teacher....the first couple of classrooms that I taught in had these. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> Thank God we have Smartboards and whiteboards in our classrooms now. I do still have a little bit of chalkboard showing...but I don't use it. Too messy!

oh yes i recognize now you being one of our teachers. but <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: --> i cannot remember who is the other. got to stop daydreaming in class <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • I remember getting lumps of chalk thrown at me for talking in class but never seen one of those

by the teacher? <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    @suspiciousmind...I am a teacher....the first couple of classrooms that I taught in had these. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> Thank God we have Smartboards and whiteboards in our classrooms now. I do still have a little bit of chalkboard showing...but I don't use it. Too messy!

oh yes i recognize now you being one of our teachers. but <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: --> i cannot remember who is the other. got to stop daydreaming in class <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

I think katoooooo is another teacher as well. I wonder if there are any others out there?
  • @suspiciousmind...I am a teacher....the first couple of classrooms that I taught in had these. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> Thank God we have Smartboards and whiteboards in our classrooms now. I do still have a little bit of chalkboard showing...but I don't use it. Too messy!

I think katoooooo is another teacher as well. I wonder if there are any others out there?

you would think i would remember that name. i don't know if any others are teacher's but we seem to have quite an assortment of people here.