Save The Children-Do not wish to be associated with Michael.

SinderellaSinderella Posts: 1,334
edited January 1970 in General Discussion
Deborah,from the UK who is part of J4MJ and a general all round hardcore Michael Jackson fan has been running this event on FB,'holding hands for Michael'.
She has set up a website for it and is aiming for the Guiness book of world records.
She wanted to involved Save the Children and include a donation button on the website page for MJ fans to donate whatever they wanted to the charity.

She was sent a reply that not only shocked her,but proves that even though Michael is innocent has always been innocent,charities such as this who should know better have been brainwashed by the trash and lies of the media.
They want to protect their 'reputation' by not being associated with a name such as Michael's because of the 'bad press' in 2005 and they have to consider carefully who they associate with.
Even though Michael has spent all of his life giving to childrens charities and helping them in other ways this is the thank's and gratitude he recieves.
I guess the term proven innocent in a court of law means nothing to them.

I do not think boycotting the charity is the answer,or sending them lots of angry emails.Neither will do any good.
They do help children which is their purpose,but they need all the help they can get and passing up an offer of having donations made by many a MJ fan passing through the website Deborah created to 'protect their image and repuation' is IMO selfish and
inexcusable.
They are ignorant and clearly need to stop listening to the media's BS,wake up and get with the programme.It's 2011,that whole period of Michael's life was 6years ago and counting,he was proven innocent and if they bothered to research would see he was clearly set up to start with.
Money makes the world go round,it funds their organisation,no offense but who are they to pass up offers of donations when they are constantly putting commercials on TV showing us how badly they need help to give aid and support.

Please read all at the link below

http://www.mj-777.com/?p=7415

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150104754258544&set=a.199004438543.129140.673208543
Hopefully this works.The image is too large to fit on here.

Comments

• PureLovePureLove Posts: 5,891
    What a shame! Don't they know how Michael was into helping the kids? It makes me sick to see brainwashed people who believe what they see on the news. This is such a shame and their loss not want to be involved with Michael's name. I wish we had our own web-site that we do our donations. Souza was working on the new web-page but she's too busy to complete it I think.
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400

WHAT??

I'll just zip it. Whatever will come out of my 'mouth' right now would be far from classy and not suitable for minor's to read. Simply baffled...

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• SinderellaSinderella Posts: 1,334
    They do know.They say it themselves in their reply,how they know about his contributions of time and money to various charities but that he had negative press regarding children and they don't wish to be associated with him.
    Unbelieveable and as I said...selfish and ignorant.How many children could benefit from it?They aren't bothered because they might end up being in the media themselves and that would be tragic wouldn't it...morons.

Maybe they are just pissed they aren't already on this list of charities he has helped in the past...
    AIDS Project L.A.
    American Cancer Society
    Angel Food
    Big Brothers of Greater Los Angeles
    BMI Foundation, Inc.
    Brotherhood Crusade
    Brothman Burn Center
    Camp Ronald McDonald
    Childhelp U.S.A.
    Children's Institute International
    Cities and Schools Scholarship Fund
    Community Youth Sports & Arts Foundation
    Congressional Black Caucus (CBC)
    Dakar Foundation
    Dreamstreet Kids
    Dreams Come True Charity
    Elizabeth Taylor Aids Foundation
    (Heal the world)
    Juvenile Diabetes Foundation
    Love Match
    Make-A-Wish Foundation
    Minority Aids Project
    Motown Museum
    NAACP
    National Rainbow Coalition
    Rotary Club of Australia
    Society of Singers
    Starlight Foundation
    The Carter Center's Atlanta Project
    The Sickle Cell Research Foundation
    Transafrica
    United Negro College Fund (UNCF)
    United Negro College Fund Ladder's of Hope
    Volunteers of America
    Watts Summer Festival
    Wish Granting
    YMCA - 28th Street/Crenshaw
  • wishingstarwishingstar Posts: 2,927

WHAT??

I'll just zip it. Whatever will come out of my 'mouth' right now would be far from classy and not suitable for minor's to read. Simply baffled...

Ditto!
    I am like <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o --> then <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> then <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> then <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( --> then <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: --> then <!-- s:x -->:x<!-- s:x --> then <!-- s:evil: -->:evil:<!-- s:evil: --> then <!-- s:twisted: -->:twisted:<!-- s:twisted: --> so I will just go back to being <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: -->

LOVE Always!
  • RKRK Posts: 3,019
    Reckon they will have a different reaction by the time this hoax has played out. And they had better start preparing that grovelling apology now. Hope they have a taste for crow.
  • I bet if Michael wasn't doing this hoax at this moment they would be the first charity organization in his face asking for help <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
    They are truly ignorant and pathetic to me <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
    Some folks just can't let the past stay in the past and the present stay in the present.
    I don't think hate mail is right either because the time I spend typing hate mail I could be doing something better in my life than trashing what's already garbage <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->

Now I see its alllll about the $$$.....people talk down about you when you pass and never have the guts to do it when your here...sad <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
    Apart from the other facts,it is still outrageous that they are declining financial assistance from Large group of people which could be used to boost their income and help save more children.

It is beyond logic or understanding
  • Apart from the other facts,it is still outrageous that they are declining financial assistance from Large group of people which could be used to boost their income and help save more children.

It is beyond logic or understanding
    I agree.
    If they could just think of all the children they can save with all the donations from Michael's fans it would be incredible!
    Some people need to look at the bigger picture and be able to look past some things.
    I hope one day they will open their eyes and notice the amazing opportunity they passed up <!-- s:sad: -->:sad:<!-- s:sad: -->
  • MashMikeMashMike Posts: 1,312
    Unfortunately,it's nothing new, there are millions of brainwashed fools who don't even bother to do some research before condemning him, they don't give a damn whether he was acquitted or not, tabloid junkies, , the saddest thing is that they will never ever change their minds <!-- s:evil: -->:evil:<!-- s:evil: --> and we can do nothing about it <!-- s:| -->:|<!-- s:| -->
  • angelshadowangelshadow Posts: 8,257

WHAT??

I agree with you Souza....
    <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( --> <!-- s:x -->:x<!-- s:x --> <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->
  • mumof3mumof3 Posts: 1,973
    Double standards Very bad
  • MissGMissG Posts: 7,403
    <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> WOW
  • I hope Michael walks up to the corporate offices of Save The Children and BAMS in their face! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • SarahliSarahli Posts: 4,265
    I'm very sad to learn that. Problem is that not only them hold these prejudices against Michael and this is the result of the conspiracy, of the media lies. Therefore the problem has to be solved at its root.
  • <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( --> <!-- s:x -->:x<!-- s:x --> I can't find the words... well all I have to say is: this is hypocrite! Save The Children became successful due to Michael's name, now they turn their back on MJ because they're afraid of "bad" reputation which is based on tabloid media garbage.
  • Well I guess they won’t be getting a penny from me <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> The nerve of them to use the excuse of negative press from 2005 as an excuse now. Perhaps it would be a better choice to do a twitterthon to let MJ fans know their stand on Michael Jackson just in case they are making or considering making donations to them. That’s really awful.

I wonder if OperationSmile feels the same way because I have been seriously considering donating to them. I think it’s something Michael would have endorsed. I really need to research that because I did not know that there were still large, reputable charities that were of that mindset <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> Any charity that feels that way doesn’t deserve a cent of my hard earned money. I’m sorry but NO. That gives me a sinking feeling. I mean really <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->
  • I don't get it, I just don't get it. It really never ceases to amaze me how the media brainwashing is so successful.

Save The Children needs to stop listening to lies and see the whole truth. That Michael is 110% innocent and is only guilty of having a BIG heart for all children, especially those less fortunate.
  • OMG...thats so sad...MJ must be really hurt by this.
    Don't see anyone else or any other celebrities fan's offering to give them mass donations....
  • Its herIts her Posts: 1,137
    They do know.They say it themselves in their reply,how they know about his contributions of time and money to various charities but that he had negative press regarding children and they don't wish to be associated with him.
    Unbelieveable and as I said...selfish and ignorant.How many children could benefit from it?They aren't bothered because they might end up being in the media themselves and that would be tragic wouldn't it...morons.

Maybe they are just pissed they aren't already on this list of charities he has helped in the past...
    AIDS Project L.A.
    American Cancer Society
    Angel Food
    BMI Foundation, Inc.
    Brotherhood Crusade
    Brothman Burn Center
    Camp Ronald McDonald
    Childhelp U.S.A.
    Dakar Foundation
    Dreamstreet Kids
    Dreams Come True Charity
    (Heal the world)
    Love Match
    Make-A-Wish Foundation
    Minority Aids Project
    Motown Museum
    NAACP
    Rotary Club of Australia
    Society of Singers
    Starlight Foundation
    Transafrica
    Volunteers of America
    Watts Summer Festival
    Wish Granting

I would not get all wound up over this. Simply shake the dust off your feet and let them find a WORTHY charitable organization to put as a hot button on the website. There are <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) --> millions of worthy, honest charities. Also, the charity on the button could change regularly, in order to spread the donations around...You can't go nuts over every ignorant person on earth. Choose your battles carefully. In this one: just turn the other cheek and move on.

Don't you think MJ had reasons for their not being on his list?? <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

I have SERIOUS doubts about the integrity (let alone the intelligence) of any organization who is more afraid of losing funds which have already been committed to them, than opening their hands to future contributions, possibly of gigantic proportions, in comparison. This tells me they have gotten QUITE comfortable having their ADMINISTRATIVE salaries covered, and they do not want to rock THAT boat, EVEN for "The CHILDREN".

This also tells me they don't even believe in their OWN cause!! They don't believe they CAN convey enough passion for the temporal needs of the world's children, in order to secure future funds. They are too interested in preserving any PRESUMED ignorant sensibilities of their static mailing list...

If they are doing anything good, leave them to it. THEY, themselves, have decided they want nothing to do with the Name of the man who spoke about LOVE more than anyone on Earth <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> ! You can't change frozen minds. Only God can. It is none of our business.

Please, remember who it is you would be representing, before you fire off rabid comments to them! Just saying... <!-- s:| -->:|<!-- s:| -->
  • MJFAN7MJFAN7 Posts: 3,063
    I want to cry, I can't believe this... <!-- s:evil: -->:evil:<!-- s:evil: -->

AIDS Project L.A.
    American Cancer Society
    Angel Food
    BMI Foundation, Inc.
    Brotherhood Crusade
    Brothman Burn Center
    Camp Ronald McDonald
    Childhelp U.S.A.
    Dakar Foundation
    Dreamstreet Kids
    Dreams Come True Charity
    (Heal the world)
    Love Match
    Make-A-Wish Foundation
    Minority Aids Project
    Motown Museum
    NAACP
    Rotary Club of Australia
    Society of Singers
    Starlight Foundation
    Transafrica
    Volunteers of America
    Watts Summer Festival
    Wish Granting

I would not get all wound up over this. Simply shake the dust off your feet and let them find a WORTHY charitable organization to put as a hot button on the website. There are <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) --> millions of worthy, honest charities. Also, the charity on the button could change regularly, in order to spread the donations around...You can't go nuts over every ignorant person on earth. Choose your battles carefully. In this one: just turn the other cheek and move on.

Don't you think MJ had reasons for their not being on his list?? <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

I have SERIOUS doubts about the integrity (let alone the intelligence) of any organization who is more afraid of losing funds which have already been committed to them, than opening their hands to future contributions, possibly of gigantic proportions, in comparison. This tells me they have gotten QUITE comfortable having their ADMINISTRATIVE salaries covered, and they do not want to rock THAT boat, EVEN for "The CHILDREN".

This also tells me they don't even believe in their OWN cause!! They don't believe they CAN convey enough passion for the temporal needs of the world's children, in order to secure future funds. They are too interested in preserving any PRESUMED ignorant sensibilities of their static mailing list...

If they are doing anything good, leave them to it. THEY, themselves, have decided they want nothing to do with the Name of the man who spoke about LOVE more than anyone on Earth <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> ! You can't change frozen minds. Only God can. It is none of our business.

Please, remember who it is you would be representing, before you fire off rabid comments to them! Just saying... <!-- s:| -->:|<!-- s:| -->

I appriciate your thoughts and comments,but please do not tell me what to and what not what to do.I know you mean well but I don't need to be told who I would represent to turn the other cheek to,and how to feel about certain things going on in the world.
    I am a grown woman.
    What rabid comments?I haven't said in any of my posts I was contacting anyone,I have stated my feelings on the organisation and their comments/behaviour regarding this matter.Which I am entitled to do as someone who supports Michael,and also gives to charity.
    I have shared a piece of information that is being shared and talked about within all circles of the MJ community-nons,believers,fanatics,supporters.I never wrote the thing and I have never projected a wish to try and change their minds.It is more than clear they are set on staying in 2005 with the media's BS lies and can't move on.
    With that all in mind,although they appear to be frozen minded and unable to think for themselves,I do feel it is my business.I they were to put a donation envelope through my door and I never knew what they had said about Michael,I would happily be giving them money under false pretences and I'm not ok with that tbh.

As I said I appriciate your comments and point of view and I do question their integrity myself so I'm with you 100% on that but I don't appriciate you directing your comments soley at me.99.9% of everyone commenting on this thread feels the same about it so please direct your thoughts to everyone as a group or as your opinion =]
  • Its herIts her Posts: 1,137
    Begging your pardon, Sinderella, I used your post in AGREEMENT. Be ASSURED, I would not have quoted you if I did not wish my name to be associated with what you said. And I wasn't cramming anything down any throats. In my post I said: "JUST SAYING..."

As for my SUGGESTIONs (I thought that the purpose of these boards was to express opinions) I wasn't even talking to you, let alone "solely" to you, and you know it. Your post doesn't say anything about retaliation, and you said you had no intention of making rabid comments. Why would I direct comments to you???

A couple of posts mentioned writing scathing comments to the actual charity. As you can see, I didn't quote their posts, even as examples of what I was talking about.

My point was that for all everyone's talk about the "Army of Love", I was concerned that lambasting charities by MICHAEL JACKSON FANS is seriously counterproductive, as well as another thing I won't mention.

You insist on being treated like a grown woman (where have I heard that before? Oh, yes, Deb French, is that YOU? Hello, again.), and then you proceed to disrespect me in the manner you perceive I have disrespected you. <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

I NEVER mean any disrespect to anyone on these threads, and EVERY post of mine is OBVIOUSLY my opinion, as anyone can see by my screen name on them. Offering my opinion is meant to be conversational, for fun; helpful, not divisive. I appreciate the "heads up", though. The last few months, here, there has seemed to be a very harsh, hostile element of unrest.

And, btw, I am not intimidated at all by your mention of the "99.9%". Whether you meant it aggressively as, "the mob rules" or just to demonstrate solidarity, those 99.9% are entitled to their individual opinions as well. They do not alter mine. And there is no animosity.

<!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> I love reading them. <!-- s:!: -->:!:<!-- s:!: --> <!-- s:!: -->:!:<!-- s:!: -->

Anyway,

To quote TS: "The clock is ticking, and there is no time for unimportant or unkind controversy." I don't have the time for any more controversy than has already been generated by MJ himself. <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> My plate is full. Peace to you ALL <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> .

AIDS Project L.A.
    American Cancer Society
    Angel Food
    BMI Foundation, Inc.
    Brotherhood Crusade
    Brothman Burn Center
    Camp Ronald McDonald
    Childhelp U.S.A.
    Dakar Foundation
    Dreamstreet Kids
    Dreams Come True Charity
    (Heal the world)
    Love Match
    Make-A-Wish Foundation
    Minority Aids Project
    Motown Museum
    NAACP
    Rotary Club of Australia
    Society of Singers
    Starlight Foundation
    Transafrica
    Volunteers of America
    Watts Summer Festival
    Wish Granting

I appriciate your thoughts and comments,but please do not tell me what to and what not what to do.I know you mean well but I don't need to be told who I would represent to turn the other cheek to,and how to feel about certain things going on in the world.
    I am a grown woman.
    What rabid comments?I haven't said in any of my posts I was contacting anyone,I have stated my feelings on the organisation and their comments/behaviour regarding this matter.Which I am entitled to do as someone who supports Michael,and also gives to charity.
    I have shared a piece of information that is being shared and talked about within all circles of the MJ community-nons,believers,fanatics,supporters.I never wrote the thing and I have never projected a wish to try and change their minds.It is more than clear they are set on staying in 2005 with the media's BS lies and can't move on.
    With that all in mind,although they appear to be frozen minded and unable to think for themselves,I do feel it is my business.I they were to put a donation envelope through my door and I never knew what they had said about Michael,I would happily be giving them money under false pretences and I'm not ok with that tbh.

As I said I appriciate your comments and point of view and I do question their integrity myself so I'm with you 100% on that but I don't appriciate you directing your comments soley at me.99.9% of everyone commenting on this thread feels the same about it so please direct your thoughts to everyone as a group or as your opinion =]
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    Sarahli wrote:

I'm very sad to learn that. Problem is that not only them hold these prejudices against Michael and this is the result of the conspiracy, of the media lies. Therefore the problem has to be solved at its root.

This is true they killed Michael,..destroyed his reputation and as we see the damage is so great that yet to today endures.
  • DancerDancer Posts: 1,225
    I found some interesting things about this issue on a german forum (thanks to the investigating users there who found these things!):

There are yet donations to Save the Children USA made by fans:
    <!-- m -->http://www.causes.com/causes/340614-mic ... onor/about<!-- m -->

Scroll down this Canadian Save the Children page and guess what you will read there...
    <!-- m -->http://www.savethechildren.ca/our-supporters-0<!-- m -->
    Gifts of $5,000 - $9,000
    O'Brien/Jackson Family Foundation
    Pirie Foundation
    The Northwater Foundation
    Harrison McCain Foundation