Judge in Michael Jackson manslaughter case and defence spar

ladylee1979ladylee1979 Posts: 257
edited January 1970 in News
LOS ANGELES, Calif. — A judge overseeing the upcoming Michael Jackson trial has questioned defence attorneys about why they are not preparing reports and statements on possible witnesses.

Defence attorneys for Dr. Conrad Murray, who has pleaded not guilty to involuntary manslaughter in the death of Jackson, said at a hearing Thursday they don't plan to prepare any such reports before the trial scheduled to start in late March.

Prosecutors called the move a clear attempt to thwart rules intended to prevent surprises from occurring during trial.

Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor called the strategy "a recipe for disaster."

A prosecutor asked Pastor to vacate the trial date, but the judge refused.

He ordered attorneys to return on Monday, when potential evidence will be discussed again
<!-- m -->http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadi ... Id=6059452<!-- m -->

Comments

• <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> prosecution afraid of losing the case to defense. But there are more than enough evidence that Murray is negligent. It is good judge did not postpone the date. We are tired of waiting.
  • wishingstarwishingstar Posts: 2,927
    I have said this before....I just find the judge's name hilarious (no disrespect, intended)...it's just that of all names...Michael Pastor...Pastor Michael <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    I digress.....back to the thread <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    Blessings Always!
  • dom425dom425 Posts: 100
    This trial gets more and more.......what's are the word um in your that he isn't dead. I love it though. I can't wait to see the looks on all of the peoples faces who didn't believe when he returns.
  • gwynnedgwynned Posts: 1,361
    LOS ANGELES, Calif. — A judge overseeing the upcoming Michael Jackson trial has questioned defence attorneys about why they are not preparing reports and statements on possible witnesses.

Defence attorneys for Dr. Conrad Murray, who has pleaded not guilty to involuntary manslaughter in the death of Jackson, said at a hearing Thursday they don't plan to prepare any such reports before the trial scheduled to start in late March.

<!-- m -->http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadi ... Id=6059452<!-- m -->

First off, would a Judge really make public a communication like that to the defence team? Also the terms 'reports and statements on possible witnesses' don't seem like standard legal terms. Depositions would be more standard.

And then the defence response is even more ridiculous.