Conrad Murray flashes the "V" sign as he arrives for court

2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
edited January 1970 in Dr. Conrad Murray
Conrad Murray flashes the V sign as he arrives for court hearing.

By Nicola Pittam Mar 3, 2011, 23:51 GMT

Michael Jackson’s former doctor Conrad Murray raised eyebrows as he arrived for a court appearance – and flashed the V sign at the waiting press.

It was unclear whether Murray meant to flash the peace sign – or the rude two-finger gesture – as he entered the Los Angeles downtown courthouse.

His gesture was eerily reminiscent of the time the King of Pop flashed the actual peace sign as he left a Santa Maria courthouse while facing child-molestation charges.

Murray attended court in LA yesterday for a pre-trial hearing and was on hand as a judge delayed the start of the actual trial.

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Michael E Pastor said prospective jurors are due at the downtown courthouse on 24 March, as initially scheduled, to fill out questionnaires in the trial of Murray. But he pushed back opening statements – which had tentatively been set for 5 April – to 9 May.

The judge noted that material about prospective witnesses is still being exchanged between lawyers, and said: “I think this is a very realistic view of the case. We're going to have a lot of work to do between now and then.”

Murray, 58, is charged with a felony count of involuntary manslaughter stemming from Jackson's death at the age of 50, in 2009. He is accused of administering the powerful anesthetic propofol to the singer to help him sleep, then failing to properly monitor him thereafter.

Jackson, who was in LA at the time rehearsing for an upcoming series of sold-out concerts in London, was pronounced dead at 2.26pm on 25 June 2009, after doctors at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Centre were unable to revive him.

Paramedics who responded to an emergency call from the music legend's rented Holmby Hills estate about two hours earlier said that Jackson appeared to have already been dead for between 20 minutes to an hour.

Murray, who has pleaded not guilty to the charges, proclaimed himself “an innocent man” during a 25 January court appearance, two weeks after he was ordered to stand trial following a six-day preliminary hearing.

<!-- m -->http://www.monstersandcritics.com/peopl ... rt-hearing<!-- m -->

Comments

• becbec Posts: 6,387
    Lol, great article.

But no pic? Aww come on, where's TMZ at.
  • 2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
    So far I haven't been able to find a video of it, although I did find a video of the court case summary...it is on Twiggys blog, as she has always been in court and tweets updates all the time.....

Just too co-incidental for it not to mean something...the parallels to MJ's trial. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

<!-- m -->http://www.mjhoaxlive.blogspot.com/<!-- m -->
  • ForstAMoonForstAMoon Posts: 1,126
    The guy flashes V sign to waiting press and no picture is available.... sure <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • angelshadowangelshadow Posts: 8,257
    Thanks for Sharing <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • wishingstarwishingstar Posts: 2,927
    The guy flashes V sign to waiting press and no picture is available.... sure <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

Exactly what I was thinking ForstAMoon!!! Harvey....dude, you're slackin' <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • trustno1trustno1 Posts: 654
    Yeah, any other time Conrad Murray only has to walk across the street or sneeze and TMZ has a pic and article...curious. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • PureLovePureLove Posts: 5,891
    <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> Now Murray started to flash a V sign <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> it's just another parallel to MJ's trial. And probably another reference to V for Vendetta movie. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • In the Uk "flicking the V's" means something else entirely!! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

Goes back to the days of archery and the French.
  • wishingstarwishingstar Posts: 2,927
    Is this the Nicola Pittman from the article:
    <!-- m -->http://www.personalitymatters.de/node/230<!-- m -->
    she is a Hollywood report? Why would she post the time GMT? 23:51
    March 3, 2011, 23:51
    3+3+2+1+1+2+3+5+1=21 (7+7+7)
    I think that's why it was posted in GMT <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

Blessings Always!
  • The guy flashes V sign to waiting press and no picture is available.... sure <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

Hello ForstAMoon!!!!

The picture is finally available <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> ,here it is <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> :

LOVE
  • looks more to me like an indication of 2. does the bald guy in the background seem familiar? like that one bodyguard of mj without glasses.

Hello ForstAMoon!!!!

The picture is finally available <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> ,here it is <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> :

LOVE

great! where did you find it?
  • file.php?id=12345

In the UK, this hand gesture is very offensive! <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->

Also.. V for Vendetta is being shown in BBC2 tonight, for all you Brits to enjoy! x
  • Is that picture real? It looks photoshopped to me - but I'm no professional so its just my opinion. Blessings.
    Is that picture real? It looks photoshopped to me - but I'm no professional so its just my opinion. Blessings.

yeah, it looks a bit like fisheye lens type of photo
  • His head in the pic looks weird.
  • PureLovePureLove Posts: 5,891
    Thank you for the picture applehead. He looks like flashing 2 instead of V sign.
  • This is an offensive gesture to me. It means "eff off" where i come from.

Pretty much like sticking your middle finger up to someone in the USA.
  • Thank you for the picture applehead. He looks like flashing 2 instead of V sign.

wonder if a video will show up to give a better idea of what is actually happening there?
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    hand and head are rare <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • trustno1trustno1 Posts: 654
    I don't know why but it doesn't seem to me like the traditional peace sign we see celebs give all the time, like someone said it's almost like he's counting "2", making a scissors gesture, as if to say "cut" to whoever is filming him, or something else. Yes in the UK it is also an offensive gesture depending on the way it's done but we're also used to seeing celebs using it as a peace or victory sign too. It's not often misconstrued as rude if it's meant as a peace sign. I agree that it would be easier if there was a video clip so we can see exactly what the context is.