Dr. Murray Propofol Pharmacy Shut Down

edited January 1970 in News
Dr. Murray Propofol Pharmacy Shut Down

The Las Vegas pharmacy that supplied Dr. Conrad Murray with massive amounts of Propofol for Michael Jackson has been shut down ... TMZ has learned.

0324-murray-applied-ex.jpg

According to court documents obtained by TMZ ... "Applied Pharmacy has been shut down by the State of Nevada and will file Bankruptcy in 90 days."

The pharmacy shipped multiple packages of Propofol to Murray at his girlfriend's Santa Monica address in the months before MJ died.

Comments

• I don't understand, pharmacies do not sell propofol. Pharmaceuticals do. How did this pharmacy get the propofols? I find this hard to believe, unless the pharmacist was crooked. He got it from a hospital and sold it to Murray. This is the only solution I can think ok.
  • mdcmdc Posts: 343
    This might have been asked before but I don't remember...

Is this Applied Pharmacy Services in any way connected to the one in Mobile, Alabama that was on trial, last year I think, for steroids involving athletes like Jose Canseco?
  • PureLovePureLove Posts: 5,891
    I don't understand, pharmacies do not sell propofol. Pharmaceuticals do. How did this pharmacy get the propofols? I find this hard to believe, unless the pharmacist was crooked. He got it from a hospital and sold it to Murray. This is the only solution I can think ok.

Yeah I've never heard proforol is sold at pharmacies. It is the same in my country too. It doesn't make sense.
  • becbec Posts: 6,387
    I didn't know that ^^.

But I guess that makes sense. The hospital gets it from medical supply companies, right?
  • 2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
    CM is a heart surgeon or just doctor?? If he is a surgeon, then he would have to ability to order it from the pharmacy suppliers, but would have to prove what it is needed for ?
  • CM is a heart surgeon or just doctor?? If he is a surgeon, then he would have to ability to order it from the pharmacy suppliers, but would have to prove what it is needed for ?

That is called a pharmaceutical company. Pharmacies do not sell propofol. So how did this pharmacy had propofol? If they closed it down, it means they were not to kosher. They probably called the pharmaceutical company to have them delivered propofol. But even at that there is the FDA that will prevent for a pharmaceutical to deliver it to a pharmacy. I have a cousin who his a pharmacist, I know how this work. Now if the USA has a different protocol, that I have no clue. Here in Montreal, pharmacies do not sell propofols...
  • YuliaYulia Posts: 122
    I don't understand, pharmacies do not sell propofol. Pharmaceuticals do. How did this pharmacy get the propofols? I find this hard to believe, unless the pharmacist was crooked. He got it from a hospital and sold it to Murray. This is the only solution I can think ok.

sorry.. what's the difference between pharmacy and pharmaceutical? I thought it was the same thing, or anyway related. I don't know many things about the medical field,as well as about the law one.

How do you know that pharmacies won't sell propofol or anestethics in general, and parmaceuticals yes?
  • Tink.I.AmTink.I.Am Posts: 878

sorry.. what's the difference between pharmacy and pharmaceutical? I thought it was the same thing, or anyway related. I don't know many things about the medical field,as well as about the law one.

How do you know that pharmacies won't sell propofol or anestethics in general, and parmaceuticals yes?

a pharmacy sells medicine, drugs etc...
    a pharmacceutical is where the pharmacy get the things they sell from.
    applied pharmacy services is that dodgy place with the homemade sign we all taled about way back when
    I remember we asked if it was a real pharmacy....
    ap_pharmacy_raid_2_090811_mn.jpg

here are some more pictures of the place..
    <!-- m -->http://xxserenityxdreamsxx.blogspot.com ... ximum.html<!-- m -->

and an articel about it

<!-- m -->http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/MichaelJa ... 959&page=1<!-- m -->
    so, if pharmacies buy their drugs from pharmaceuticals it implies that pharmacies also can have propofol or anything of this kind
    so, if pharmacies buy their drugs from pharmaceuticals it implies they also can have propofol or anything of this kind

i doesn't have to because a pharmacy cant buy just anything since they cant sell it to just anybody.
    I don't know about american laws, but where I live only hospitals or surgical centers can order things like that. Those kinds of "drugs" are strictly regulated in terms of outlet to the public. I mean you cant just walk in to a pharmacy and say "hello I would like a bottle of propofol pleace"... Not even a doctor can do that... the hospital would order the supply, not the doctor him/herself. well if he had his own practice like Murray he could but not from a pharmacy , only from the pharmaceutical company and he has to have a permit for its use..
    yes, of course they won't sell to anybody. But Murray is a doctor/cardiologist. They can very well sell him these
    yes, of course they won't sell to anybody. But Murray is a doctor/cardiologist. They can very well sell him these

I don't think it works that way, that he just can say send it to me. the farmacy have no reason to have these things in their store. and it would be be a better price getting the stuff from the pharmaceutical directly. but then its a bogus pharmacy, with a homemade sign .. and people do anything for money...

but on that note.. in most countries a doctor cant just walk in to a pharmacy and say "hello i'm doctor X .. give me this and that"... they have to order it from the pharmaceutical, forms have to be filled out and it can only be sent to a bussiness adress not to the doctors homeadress etc.... but then I don't know what the law is in USA.... maybe it can be done there..
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    Ever existed that pharmacy <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: --> <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->